ABC affiliate: FBI investigates plot to overthrow Michigan Government

Wow.

I'm going to guess this wasn't Antifa.

• Like 2
  • Laughing 3

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, jamny said:

Glad they caught them.

That being said Whitmer is like Michigan's version of Trump.  Grew up in a very wealthy family, arrogant, thin skinned, lashes out fast before thinking, plays games with funding, comes off very condescending.

Edited by Da Guru
  • Like 1
  • Laughing 3

I guess I'm confused on what they thought would happen if they successfully kidnapped the Governor. Do they think they'd then be in charge of Michigan? I understand the idea behind a coup of a federal government, but not sure I understand it at lower levels.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dgreen said:

I guess I'm confused on what they thought would happen if they successfully kidnapped the Governor. Do they think they'd then be in charge of Michigan? I understand the idea behind a coup of a federal government, but not sure I understand it at lower levels.

Have you seen these pork chops? Staggering out of Wendy's, rocking the Wal-Mart camouflage, balancing a 64 oz. Mr. Dew on their AR-15?

These guys are dangerous, but they ain't our best and brightest over here.  

• Thinking 1

4 minutes ago, quick-hands said:

Re-imagining community policing?

Last I checked, the FBI is a little bit more than "community police"

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, gianmarco said:

Last I checked, the FBI is a little bit more than "community police"

I mean the militia  nut jobs

11 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

It’s nice to see how Trump has remade our Justice Department and specifically the FBI to root out this type of nonsense.  

Yeah, they were supposed to just stand back and stand by.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Encyclopedia Brown said:

They called themselves the Wolverine Watchmen.

I'd watch that movie. 

• Like 2
  • Laughing 2

1 minute ago, Encyclopedia Brown said:

But Who is gonna watch the wolverine watchmen.

8 minutes ago, quick-hands said:

But Who is gonna watch the wolverine watchmen.

The Honey Badger watchmen.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 5

51 minutes ago, massraider said:

Have you seen these pork chops? Staggering out of Wendy's, rocking the Wal-Mart camouflage, balancing a 64 oz. Mr. Dew on their AR-15?

These guys are dangerous, but they ain't our best and brightest over here.  

V for Velveeta

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 12

9 minutes ago, Ignoratio Elenchi said:

I'd watch that movie. 

I haven't seen the mugshots of these guys but I assume they look like the two mountain men from Deliverance and Warren from There's Something About Mary

59 minutes ago, dgreen said:

They probably figured Trump would pardon them regardless of what happened. May as well see what happens!

4 minutes ago, Encyclopedia Brown said:

I haven't seen the mugshots of these guys but I assume they look like the two mountain men from Deliverance and Warren from There's Something About Mary

#YallQaeda

• Like 3
  • Laughing 8

34 minutes ago, Encyclopedia Brown said:

I'm surprised they needed the FBI to shut these guys down.  Couldn't they just have assigned this job to Ohio State?

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 5

38 minutes ago, Encyclopedia Brown said:

The one guy from Delaware suggested Fightin' Blue Hens Watchmen but he was out-voted.

• Laughing 2

lots of good humor in this thread, but i wonder what's in the works for when/if trump loses and challenges the election ?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Da Guru said:

Glad they caught them.

That being said Whitmer is like Michigan's version of Trump.  Grew up in a very wealthy family, arrogant, thin skinned, lashes out fast before thinking, plays games with funding, comes off very condescending.

so she kind of had it coming.

• Thinking 1

Whitmer giving a great address right now, and I am falling in love with the sign language girl.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, massraider said:

Whitmer giving a great address right now, and I am falling in love with the sign language girl.  

Opened up your eyes?

2 hours ago, Da Guru said:

Glad they caught them.

good lord we're doomed

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, massraider said:

she looks a little crazy, so yeah.   and those clavicle and neck bones.

Someone already jokingly alluded to this, but it'll never stop bothering me that these types get called a "militia" instead of "terrorist group" etc. They're domestic terrorists. Don't give them some linguistic shield that makes us think about revolutionaries from the birth of the country. This is just a group of armed men who think their own political views are more important than what has been democratically decided. Very little difference between them and ISIS.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, massraider said:

Whitmer:

"Our head of state has spent the past 7 months denying science, ignoring his own health experts, stoking distrust, fomenting anger, & giving comfort to those who spread fear ... just last week, POTUS stood before the people and refused to condemn white supremacists."

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1314281281048530944  (video clip at link)

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, song said:

so she kind of had it coming.

Who said that?     

3 minutes ago, song said:

she looks a little crazy, so yeah.   and those clavicle and neck bones.

Why are those so hot

weird

6 minutes ago, squistion said:

"Our head of state has spent the past 7 months denying science, ignoring his own health experts, stoking distrust, fomenting anger, & giving comfort to those who spread fear ... just last week, POTUS stood before the people and refused to condemn white supremacists."

She's not wrong.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, massraider said:

That translator is VERY into her 15 minutes of fame here.  WTH?  She is just asking to be lampooned on Saturday Night Live.

9 minutes ago, squistion said:

• Laughing 1

19 minutes ago, 2Squirrels1Nut said:
28 minutes ago, massraider said:

Opened up your eyes?

and saw the sign language girl

37 minutes ago, song said:

lots of good humor in this thread, but i wonder what's in the works for when/if trump loses and challenges the election ?

My worry is that nutjobs attack people wearing masks at the polls. The trump covid plan has been to convince his people that there's no risk and identify mask wearers as the enemy while inciting violence and eliminating options for voting. Now all he needs is someone else to do the voter intimidation for him, and he has laid all the groundwork. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IvanKaramazov said:

I'm surprised they needed the FBI to shut these guys down.  Couldn't they just have assigned this job to Ohio State?

Ouch

11 minutes ago, bostonfred said:

My worry is that nutjobs attack people wearing masks at the polls. The trump covid plan has been to convince his people that there's no risk and identify mask wearers as the enemy while inciting violence and eliminating options for voting. Now all he needs is someone else to do the voter intimidation for him, and he has laid all the groundwork. 

yeah toward the end of the debate he said he wants his supporters to go to the polls to make sure he's not being cheated.  (widely interpreted as to intimidate)

Remember when this happened back in May?  Armed protestors stormed the state capitol.

This was Trump's response

The Governor of Michigan should give a little, and put out the fire. These are very good people, but they are angry. They want their lives back again, safely! See them, talk to them, make a deal.

And then we wonder why a plot like this is attempted.

• Like 2