Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sho nuff

ABC affiliate: FBI investigates plot to overthrow Michigan Government

Recommended Posts

Wow.

I'm going to guess this wasn't Antifa.

  • Like 2
  • Laughing 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, jamny said:

Glad they caught them.

That being said Whitmer is like Michigan's version of Trump.  Grew up in a very wealthy family, arrogant, thin skinned, lashes out fast before thinking, plays games with funding, comes off very condescending.

Edited by Da Guru
  • Like 1
  • Laughing 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess I'm confused on what they thought would happen if they successfully kidnapped the Governor. Do they think they'd then be in charge of Michigan? I understand the idea behind a coup of a federal government, but not sure I understand it at lower levels.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dgreen said:

I guess I'm confused on what they thought would happen if they successfully kidnapped the Governor. Do they think they'd then be in charge of Michigan? I understand the idea behind a coup of a federal government, but not sure I understand it at lower levels.

Have you seen these pork chops? Staggering out of Wendy's, rocking the Wal-Mart camouflage, balancing a 64 oz. Mr. Dew on their AR-15?

These guys are dangerous, but they ain't our best and brightest over here.  

  • Thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, quick-hands said:

Re-imagining community policing?

Last I checked, the FBI is a little bit more than "community police"

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, gianmarco said:

Last I checked, the FBI is a little bit more than "community police"

I mean the militia  nut jobs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

It’s nice to see how Trump has remade our Justice Department and specifically the FBI to root out this type of nonsense.  

Yeah, they were supposed to just stand back and stand by.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Encyclopedia Brown said:

They called themselves the Wolverine Watchmen.

I'd watch that movie. 

  • Like 2
  • Laughing 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Encyclopedia Brown said:

They called themselves the Wolverine Watchmen.

 

 

But Who is gonna watch the wolverine watchmen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, quick-hands said:

But Who is gonna watch the wolverine watchmen.

The Honey Badger watchmen.

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, massraider said:

Have you seen these pork chops? Staggering out of Wendy's, rocking the Wal-Mart camouflage, balancing a 64 oz. Mr. Dew on their AR-15?

These guys are dangerous, but they ain't our best and brightest over here.  

V for Velveeta

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Ignoratio Elenchi said:

I'd watch that movie. 

I haven't seen the mugshots of these guys but I assume they look like the two mountain men from Deliverance and Warren from There's Something About Mary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, dgreen said:

I guess I'm confused on what they thought would happen if they successfully kidnapped the Governor. Do they think they'd then be in charge of Michigan? I understand the idea behind a coup of a federal government, but not sure I understand it at lower levels.

They probably figured Trump would pardon them regardless of what happened. May as well see what happens!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Encyclopedia Brown said:

I haven't seen the mugshots of these guys but I assume they look like the two mountain men from Deliverance and Warren from There's Something About Mary

#YallQaeda

  • Like 3
  • Laughing 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Encyclopedia Brown said:

They called themselves the Wolverine Watchmen.

 

 

I'm surprised they needed the FBI to shut these guys down.  Couldn't they just have assigned this job to Ohio State?

  • Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Encyclopedia Brown said:

They called themselves the Wolverine Watchmen.

 

 

The one guy from Delaware suggested Fightin' Blue Hens Watchmen but he was out-voted.

  • Laughing 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lots of good humor in this thread, but i wonder what's in the works for when/if trump loses and challenges the election ?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Da Guru said:

Glad they caught them.

That being said Whitmer is like Michigan's version of Trump.  Grew up in a very wealthy family, arrogant, thin skinned, lashes out fast before thinking, plays games with funding, comes off very condescending.

so she kind of had it coming.

  • Thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whitmer giving a great address right now, and I am falling in love with the sign language girl.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, massraider said:

Whitmer giving a great address right now, and I am falling in love with the sign language girl.  

Opened up your eyes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Da Guru said:

Glad they caught them.

That being said Whitmer is like Michigan's version of Trump.  Grew up in a very wealthy family, arrogant, thin skinned, lashes out fast before thinking, plays games with funding, comes off very condescending.

good lord we're doomed

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, massraider said:

Whitmer giving a great address right now, and I am falling in love with the sign language girl.  

she looks a little crazy, so yeah.   and those clavicle and neck bones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone already jokingly alluded to this, but it'll never stop bothering me that these types get called a "militia" instead of "terrorist group" etc. They're domestic terrorists. Don't give them some linguistic shield that makes us think about revolutionaries from the birth of the country. This is just a group of armed men who think their own political views are more important than what has been democratically decided. Very little difference between them and ISIS.

  • Like 18
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, massraider said:

Whitmer giving a great address right now, and I am falling in love with the sign language girl.  

Whitmer:

"Our head of state has spent the past 7 months denying science, ignoring his own health experts, stoking distrust, fomenting anger, & giving comfort to those who spread fear ... just last week, POTUS stood before the people and refused to condemn white supremacists."

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1314281281048530944  (video clip at link)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, song said:

so she kind of had it coming.

Who said that?     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, song said:

she looks a little crazy, so yeah.   and those clavicle and neck bones.

Why are those so hot

weird

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, squistion said:

"Our head of state has spent the past 7 months denying science, ignoring his own health experts, stoking distrust, fomenting anger, & giving comfort to those who spread fear ... just last week, POTUS stood before the people and refused to condemn white supremacists."

She's not wrong.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, massraider said:

Whitmer giving a great address right now, and I am falling in love with the sign language girl.  

That translator is VERY into her 15 minutes of fame here.  WTH?  She is just asking to be lampooned on Saturday Night Live.

9 minutes ago, squistion said:

 

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, 2Squirrels1Nut said:
28 minutes ago, massraider said:

Whitmer giving a great address right now, and I am falling in love with the sign language girl.  

Opened up your eyes?

and saw the sign language girl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, song said:

lots of good humor in this thread, but i wonder what's in the works for when/if trump loses and challenges the election ?

My worry is that nutjobs attack people wearing masks at the polls. The trump covid plan has been to convince his people that there's no risk and identify mask wearers as the enemy while inciting violence and eliminating options for voting. Now all he needs is someone else to do the voter intimidation for him, and he has laid all the groundwork. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IvanKaramazov said:

I'm surprised they needed the FBI to shut these guys down.  Couldn't they just have assigned this job to Ohio State?

Ouch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, bostonfred said:

My worry is that nutjobs attack people wearing masks at the polls. The trump covid plan has been to convince his people that there's no risk and identify mask wearers as the enemy while inciting violence and eliminating options for voting. Now all he needs is someone else to do the voter intimidation for him, and he has laid all the groundwork. 

yeah toward the end of the debate he said he wants his supporters to go to the polls to make sure he's not being cheated.  (widely interpreted as to intimidate)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember when this happened back in May?  Armed protestors stormed the state capitol.

This was Trump's response

The Governor of Michigan should give a little, and put out the fire. These are very good people, but they are angry. They want their lives back again, safely! See them, talk to them, make a deal.

And then we wonder why a plot like this is attempted.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.