What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***TNF Game Thread*** Tampa Bay vs Chicago +3 (44.5) (1 Viewer)

Ministry of Pain

Footballguy
Godwin is OUT, Fournette is OUT, OJ Howard is OUT for season, let's be honest the Bucs are short handed a bit coming into this game. You can argue either their Starting WR or their 1A is OUT and their TE1, Evans looked pretty banged up last week and Vegas is eluding to a possible lower score. I don't see Tampa winning 34-10 or something. 

Brady like all QBs can be rattled some if you can put pressure on him so I would encourage Chicago to bring the heat and not let him get comfortable. This game might be a lot closer than some think, short week might not be great for Brady, does he play a lot of Thursday Night football games?

24-20, Either way tonight. 

I don’t think Fournette matters much. They lit it up without Godwin last week. No OJ definitely hurts, but I think Gronk/Brate can step up. If Evans can’t go though? Big problems. Watson is already out. Miller is questionable. 

I think we see a big game from Keyshawn Vaughn receiving. 

Probably comes down to who protects the football the best. 

I think Brate is a really solid play in TE premium from here out. Gronk looks like he really was brought in to block, and I suspect they'll mostly still do that. With as much as they are short on the outside, Brate and Miller will get lots of targets IMO. Would love to see the same with Vaughn. More than anything I want Godwin back. 

I can't believe I'm saying this as a reluctant Bears fan but I think they can win this game outright.  Khalil Mack has been a wrecking ball and let's face it, Tom Brady is a statue.

Nick Foles with another week under his belt as QB1, everyone but Cohen on the offense ready to hum along assuming the Bears' OL can deal with Shaq Barrett and JPP.

I think the Bears win this 27-24.

Ministry of Pain said:
Brady like all QBs can be rattled some if you can put pressure on him so I would encourage Chicago to bring the heat and not let him get comfortable. This game might be a lot closer than some think, short week might not be great for Brady, does he play a lot of Thursday Night football games?
"It’s not surprising Tom Brady has been excellent on Thursday nights with a 12-2 career record and a 105.6 passer rating — nearly 10 points higher than his average on Sundays and Mondays."

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/bears/ct-cb-chicago-bears-tampa-bay-buccaneers-week-5-picks-20201008-du7kaskbqjbnzl3doggeo3pwym-story.html

I can't believe I'm saying this as a reluctant Bears fan but I think they can win this game outright.  Khalil Mack has been a wrecking ball and let's face it, Tom Brady is a statue.

Nick Foles with another week under his belt as QB1, everyone but Cohen on the offense ready to hum along assuming the Bears' OL can deal with Shaq Barrett and JPP.

If he remembers who ARob is before they get to the 2 min warning in the 2nd half it’ll go a long way towards that effect. 💡 

I think Brate is a really solid play in TE premium from here out. Gronk looks like he really was brought in to block, and I suspect they'll mostly still do that. With as much as they are short on the outside, Brate and Miller will get lots of targets IMO. Would love to see the same with Vaughn. More than anything I want Godwin back. 
My Opponent picked him up for this week against me in my IDP league, so 100 curses on Brate!  :rant:

I’m tempted to start him in dynasty, but he’s hard to trust & I have better options this week. 

per John Daigle

Gronkowski had already been trending in the right direction before O.J. Howard (torn Achilles’) went down. Over the last two weeks, for example, the 31-year-old veteran has played 90% of Tampa Bay’s offensive snaps, accruing an 11.9% target share, two targets inside the 10-yard line and a route run on 66.4% of Tom Brady’s dropbacks — admittedly a median number, but still well above his 50% route rate through the team’s first two games. We should expect his usage to grow (or at the very least stay the same) against a Bears Defense allowing a 75% Success Rate to tight ends in the red zone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Update - Evans is playing. 

The Tampa Bay Times confirms Mike Evans (ankle) will be active for Thursday's game against the Bears. 

Evans almost got short-week'd after going 7/122/1 on his bum ankle vs. the Chargers last Sunday, but he's good to know. Ideally, Evans would probably be on a snap count, but that might not be possible with Chris Godwin and Justin Watson both on the shelf. At less than full health for a tough matchup, Evans is more of a WR2 than WR1 for Week 5.

Anybody rolling Antony Miller out in desperation? Way to much Mooney lately for my taste, but may be forced to unless I see a resolution to the Titans/Bills drama soon.

Rolling with RoJo again.  Brady vs Goff is my only question.  Defending the pass is about the one thing the Bears do well.

Way oversubscribed in this game.

Have Brady, likely sitting him for Tannehill. MOP - you have great points and the cupboard is bare in terms of receivers and CHI has a pretty solid secondary. Even if Evans goes he may be still banged up. I don't know.

Also a reason why I am trotting out RoJo. Opportunity is there, and someone has to catch the ball. If RoJo can actually hang on to it, he might add some points in PPR. Vaughn will definitely be a factor, the guy looked good and may take pass targets and carries away from RoJo. But RoJo should have decent volume regardless, and TB may need to lean on the run slightly more.

Also playing the CHI D. 

A low-scoring game with Rojo grinding out 100 all purpose would be fantastic.

Rolling with RoJo again.  Brady vs Goff is my only question.  Defending the pass is about the one thing the Bears do well.
Honestly? I like Goff a lot more this weekend. Washington pass D is middle of the road, and to your point, the CHI secondary has been playing really well so far this season.

Way oversubscribed in this game.
same. I hate having so much of my team done on TNF.

IDP: Succup. nbd. Facing Evans

Dynasty: RoJo, Evans, ARob. Facing Brady. 

so....if Brady & Evans don’t have the best games I wouldn’t mind. If Brady throws 4 TDs I hope they’re all to Evans. ;)  

Anybody rolling Antony Miller out in desperation? Way to much Mooney lately for my taste, but may be forced to unless I see a resolution to the Titans/Bills drama soon.
speaking of which, i hope miller blows up tonight. forgot to pick up mooney this week, so would like for him to stay under the radar on a thursday night game that most of the country will be watching for a lack of better options.

I’m not touching this game. Foles didn’t show me enough last week. 

Still, I usually like. Defensive home dog. The +3.5 is tempting. 
I don't disagree but they're my team and it is only $10 to win $37. Just messing around. But to win they will have to score that's why I like the over. I don't necessarily believe it. Foles has to be better.

Yeah and I thought I was sneaky getting Vaughn on my rosters. I was expecting him to have an impact tonight. Now I hate it. 

Fournette active is interesting...not what I wanted as a guy starting RoJo.
This feels like an in case of emergency situation. I think its very possible Fournette doesn't see a single touch. I expect Vaughn to be the #2.

I'd say 60/40 Jones if its close. 70-30 Jones if Tampa controls throughout, which I expect.

I view Jones as a high end RB2, and Vaughn as a low end flex. Fournette is unplayable.

Bears D has been a complete letdown as far as FF points.

TB calls Giselle at halftime and asks for kids to be put to bed early. Then calls his fave NE  and KC restaurants to ship him 4.5 lb lobster tails and  1lb Kobe steaks (respectively) pronto !! As in helicopter service. Then takes the bedroom by storm ...Sleeps the sleep of angels and wakes up to a new america!  

Have to choose between Brady and Fitzmagic, N. Himes or Fournette (I know, you’re all jealous).   My next choice is a shot to the balls or a sharp stick in the eye.  

Bears D has been a complete letdown as far as FF points.

TB calls Giselle at halftime and asks for kids to be put to bed early. Then calls his fave NE  and KC restaurants to ship him 4.5 lb lobster tails and  1lb Kobe steaks (respectively) pronto !! As in helicopter service. Then takes the bedroom by storm ...Sleeps the sleep of angels and wakes up to a new america!  
I think BDN is the guy who will be taking bedrooms by storm tonight. We'll see.

Tannehill is my other choice, seemed like a distant 3rd to me
I don't know -- Bills are a middle of road pass D, and the Bears are a much tougher secondary. I like Tannehill coming off a bye.

Nice to have 3 choices. I only have two, one of whom is at risk of not playing.

Tannehill for me would be great as I think he has a better matchup, but would screw me if they don't play.

I'm with you...definitely liking Bears +3.5

Users who are viewing this thread