What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bills/Titans owners (1 Viewer)

What are the chance the Titans/Bills game gets played Tuesday night?

• 100% for sure they play

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • 80%+ most likely

Votes: 17 18.1%
  • 60%+ probably, but maybe not

Votes: 33 35.1%
  • 40%+ doubtful, but there's a chance

Votes: 26 27.7%
  • 20+ almost certainly not

Votes: 11 11.7%
  • 0% no way

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters

Mr. Landry

Footballguy
How confident are you that the Bills/Titans game is played Tuesday night?

I have not been following it closely, but as a Josh Allen, /John Brown/AJ Brown owner it will have a major impact on my team if they don't play.

Based on virtually no knowledge other than the continuing list of positive tests coming out of the Titans camp, I'm assuming it won't be played.

What do you all think?

There has to come a point where they just run out of guys that can test positive because everybody already has.  There have to be SOME players on that team that took greater precautions than others.  That said, while I am a Bills fan and care a lot about that aspect, I have no Titans or Bills rostered so am not personally concerned about the fantasy aspect.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm assuming it won't be played and am not taking the risk with those players (as of now).
As a Henry owner in multiple leagues and titans fan I'm hopeful. But as a realist, it just takes one more player to test positive to skip the game.  I think the league needs to push the playoffs back a week, partly because I expect there will be more impacted games and that makes it easier for everyone. 

But what do you do as FF owners with a week 18 game with let's say half the teams playing? Presumably nothing :shrug:

I have Allen, Singletary, and Diggs between two teams, with Allen on both. Really hoping they play and I guess you will get a better idea if the Titans have no positive players Friday and Saturday. We should have a good idea by Sunday if the game will happen, so I am holding out hope. With NE/Den now also Monday, I have options to wait and see. But if both games are canceled then I am 🙂 out of luck and taking a lot of zeros 

I'd be surprised if there weren't more positives coming out from Tenn, and if that doesn't mean bumping the game completely. If so that will be two byes for Titans from a H2H fantasy perspective. And that totally sucks. But whatever at least we're effing fishing. I guess. 

I have Josh Allen and Diggs on my money league and I don't think they'll play. If you wait and hope they'll play what happens if a player or two test positive Tuesday morning? You'll be screwed. I can't afford to gamble so I'll put in lesser players to get some points. 

How confident are you that the Bills/Titans game is played Tuesday night?

I have not been following it closely, but as a Josh Allen, /John Brown/AJ Brown owner it will have a major impact on my team if they don't play.

Based on virtually no knowledge other than the continuing list of positive tests coming out of the Titans camp, I'm assuming it won't be played.

What do you all think?
I've posted this in a few threads but it's simple if it's a local league or something where the prize pool is less than a million dollars, you simply have a back up taxi squad from your bench that will be your starter in the event that game isn't played. 

I have AJBrown and will likely start him, just in case as a back up I will play Tee Higgins let's say. If Higgins has 100 yds and 2 TDs, Brown takes the field Tuesday and I don't get Higgins points, I get whatever Brown tallies that night. It's a safety net for owners that I would encourage Commissioners to think about and implement. It's about the fairest thing we have come up with. Seems like the Titans could be the first team to miss 2 weeks but the Bills lose game checks so i think there will be immense pressure on Titans to field a team, however they can. 

I'm sure by Sunday they should know if they are going to play that game. The mental anguish for the Titans since the outbreak and also scrutiny thru social media has got to take its toll. 

There has to come a point where they just run out of guys that can test positive because everybody already has.  There have to be SOME players on that team that took greater precautions than others.  That said, while I am a Bills fan and care a lot about that aspect, I have no Titans or Bills rostered so am not personally concerned about the fantasy aspect.
But you're a Bills fan, this was a game you wanted to play, to see where you stand vs another pretty solid playoff team and you are already getting a wonky start time of Tuesday Night and the media fallout surrounding this game makes it hard to gauge if you can put any meaningful stock into it as an NFL fan thinking maybe Super Bowl. 

One hour before they earlier "announced" the Titans/Bills would play Tuesday, I had Jonnu Smith in 2 re-draft leagues and outright dropped him. (a 10 and 12 teamer)

I'm not taking the chance of a possible zero, or I wasn't at that time.

THEN , it comes out they are likely going to play (nothing surprises me with this horse#### anymore).

I started JIMMY GRAHAM in one place, and will start ERIC EBRON in the other.

My buddy has DERRICK HENRY  in either 4/4 leagues, or 3/4.     I had to petition to get all sharp utensils removed from his house, and I am calling or texting him to check on his mental state every few hours.

TZM   

I currently have D Henry in my flex spot. Debating if I should put in DeSean Jackson, d’ernest, Justin Jackson, or Mike Williams. Right now my thought is leave Henry in and drop someone to pick up Tre’Quan as a backup since he plays Monday night in case the titans game gets canceled as I feel we should know by that time what’s going on with the titans game 

I've posted this in a few threads but it's simple if it's a local league or something where the prize pool is less than a million dollars, you simply have a back up taxi squad from your bench that will be your starter in the event that game isn't played. 

I have AJBrown and will likely start him, just in case as a back up I will play Tee Higgins let's say. If Higgins has 100 yds and 2 TDs, Brown takes the field Tuesday and I don't get Higgins points, I get whatever Brown tallies that night. It's a safety net for owners that I would encourage Commissioners to think about and implement. It's about the fairest thing we have come up with. Seems like the Titans could be the first team to miss 2 weeks but the Bills lose game checks so i think there will be immense pressure on Titans to field a team, however they can. 

I'm sure by Sunday they should know if they are going to play that game. The mental anguish for the Titans since the outbreak and also scrutiny thru social media has got to take its toll. 
I really like that idea and I'm going to propose it to the leagues I am in.  Thanks for the suggestion.

Unfortunately, that is not going to help me in my FFPC league.  I've got Newton and Allen as my QB's.    :hot:

I currently have D Henry in my flex spot. Debating if I should put in DeSean Jackson, d’ernest, Justin Jackson, or Mike Williams. Right now my thought is leave Henry in and drop someone to pick up Tre’Quan as a backup since he plays Monday night in case the titans game gets canceled as I feel we should know by that time what’s going on with the titans game 
The play here is to get some type of Monday night play as a break glass emergency play.   You could wait until late and play Mike Williams if you had to right?

I like the thought process, but I am not sure if I would want to roll out Tre'Quan Smith if I had another solid alternative.  One would think the Chargers are going to need to throw to keep up, so I would lean Williams.....but thats just me.

Then again, in one desperate "START 3 WRs league" (Golladay and Adams on bye) tonight I rolled out hot pickup of the week SCOTTY MILLER , who got a grand total of ZERO targets for an egg..... so what do I know.    :wall:

TZM

The play here is to get some type of Monday night play as a break glass emergency play.   You could wait until late and play Mike Williams if you had to right?

I like the thought process, but I am not sure if I would want to roll out Tre'Quan Smith if I had another solid alternative.  One would think the Chargers are going to need to throw to keep up, so I would lean Williams.....but thats just me.

Then again, in one desperate "START 3 WRs league" (Golladay and Adams on bye) tonight I rolled out hot pickup of the week SCOTTY MILLER , who got a grand total of ZERO targets for an egg..... so what do I know.    :wall:

TZM
Exactly that is my thought process and I agree 100% that I’d roll out M Williams late Monday over Tre’Quan if I’m able to, my worry is M Williams is questionable and didn’t practice again Thursday so I am a little worried about him being able to play so feel I need a 2nd backup option in case the Titans game is cancelled. Yeah I keep hearing how good Miller is and oof!! I feel I’ve held too long already and thinking I’m dropping him this week. . 

Exactly that is my thought process and I agree 100% that I’d roll out M Williams late Monday over Tre’Quan if I’m able to, my worry is M Williams is questionable and didn’t practice again Thursday so I am a little worried about him being able to play so feel I need a 2nd backup option in case the Titans game is cancelled. Yeah I keep hearing how good Miller is and oof!! I feel I’ve held too long already and thinking I’m dropping him this week. . 
I broke my mouse trying to rage cut him mid game, as I noted in the night game thread. I even said it mid game, "I'll take the zero ,just get off my squad FFS and let me pick up another backup RB flier".

Funny thing is, I said after the first series, "watch Miller put up 1 catch for 9 yards".    Little did I know that was wishful thinking.

I have no faith on these pick up of the week guys, but I was in a corner with Davante Adams and Golladay on bye. (I have Allen Robinson as my 3rd, ahem, getting these three as my starters was trade brilliance lol)

I'm 1-3 in said league and staring down the barrel of 1-4, but who knows.  I have Watson there, maybe he decides to take off as their early schedule was brutal.

(I actually didn't break my mouse, but that sounded appropriate)        :P

2 of our leagues had this weird Yahoo glitch, and its not letting us pick up players on Monday nights as late substitutes and play them. (It seems to be affecting the games that are moved or where their schedules are tinkered with last minute)  So I'm personally cutting loose all dead weight Titans and any/all games that are postponed for any reason, I'm having to plan in advance and roster replacements.

It sucks but so does this season generally lol.  In brighter news I'm 4-0 in my biggest $$$ league thanks to a Robert Tonyan(tm) miracle the other night.  

I'm trying to fade all Titans at this point,  at least for 2 weeks or so..... and any time positives are coming I'm trying to fade any of that until its well and over.

QUICK EDIT - You will know about Williams by Saturday, so don't sweat that.

TZM

Our league and others have went to a "designated" player rule if a player from a team (TEN - BUF) / last week it was NE - KC. If the game does not get played then you would  get the designated players numbers. Leave the starters in the lineup and commish would change if those players did not play. Fortunately that never happened.

We had 4 teams designate.

Mahomes with Ryan

C E-H with Gaskin

Kelce with Gesicki

T Hill with Allen

Therefore we will be prepped to offer the same for any game in doubt of not being played. If it is a new bye week, then we treat it as such (PIT - TEN). If the game gets cancelled for week 5 then at least they can designate a player that is on their bench. This way no one has to do something crazy and they still get to root for their star drafted player. 

All Titans tests from yesterday have come back negative today according to Adam Schefter on Twitter.

So we’ll wait and see what tomorrow holds as well. If they can go 2 days without any positives, that would be very encouraging for Tuesday. Then just waiting to also see if the league punishes the players who violated the protocols for the Titans.

All Titans tests from yesterday have come back negative today according to Adam Schefter on Twitter.

So we’ll wait and see what tomorrow holds as well. If they can go 2 days without any positives, that would be very encouraging for Tuesday. Then just waiting to also see if the league punishes the players who violated the protocols for the Titans.
When will we know for sure that the game can happen?  By Monday, or can there still be uncertainty up to game time?

When will we know for sure that the game can happen?  By Monday, or can there still be uncertainty up to game time?
For Titans/Bills, I think it is after tests come back Tues morning, but I think I will feel ok if we get to Sunday morning, which would be three negatives in a row. THey already went two days negative, but not three. If the 9/30 practice was responsible for prolonged positives, we are getting to the tail end of when those should show up. But if any of the rumored add'l workouts were after that, who knows.

All of these players should absolutely be suspended, but it's probably too late for them to be suspended this week.  Some other team is going to be the lucky beneficiary of the league's discipline.

All of these players should absolutely be suspended, but it's probably too late for them to be suspended this week.  Some other team is going to be the lucky beneficiary of the league's discipline.
I bet they don’t suspend those players. Probably fines instead. From the last I heard, it wasn’t just position players involved which makes me think there would be enough guys suspended they wouldn’t be able to field a team. That’s what SHOULD happen, but it won’t.

As of right now, the Titans have significantly negatively impacted both the Steelers and Bills and have not been punished at all.

I bet they don’t suspend those players. Probably fines instead. From the last I heard, it wasn’t just position players involved which makes me think there would be enough guys suspended they wouldn’t be able to field a team. That’s what SHOULD happen, but it won’t.

As of right now, the Titans have significantly negatively impacted both the Steelers and Bills and have not been punished at all.
They don't have to suspend them all at for the same game or games.  I'm pretty sure when MLB suspends a bunch of players for a brawl they stagger the suspensions.

As a Henry owner in multiple leagues and titans fan I'm hopeful. But as a realist, it just takes one more player to test positive to skip the game.  I think the league needs to push the playoffs back a week, partly because I expect there will be more impacted games and that makes it easier for everyone. 

But what do you do as FF owners with a week 18 game with let's say half the teams playing? Presumably nothing :shrug:
We have added a provision that there has to be at least 20 NFL teams (10 games) playing in a week for it to be played for our FF schedule.  If there are less than 10 games being played then we will not play any games in our league for that week.  If there are more than 17 weeks the same thing will go into affect.  If there are 10 or more games then we will add that to the schedule.  It helps that we do not do playoffs and play a straight 17 weeks with best record taking the title.  This makes it easier to accommodate an added/lost week.  If I had a league with playoffs involved I would have suggested that this year we did not have playoffs and played straight through with best record taking the title to make the season as flexible as possible. 

Was watching Good Morning Football on NFL Network this morning and one of their reporters was in Tennessee giving a breakdown of the situation and said something interesting.

Basically, they've done contact tracing and are now aware of the guys who may possibly pop-up with positive tests. If those specific guys who were flagged from contact tracing have a positive test between now and the game, the league won't panic and very likely won't push/postpone/cancel the game.

But if it's other guys, then who knows.

I did the same thing in my leagues. Not an official taxi squad, but name backups if you have players in games you don't know yet if will be canceled. Some of the guys don't like it, but they're putting up with it, for now. 

I did the same thing in my leagues. Not an official taxi squad, but name backups if you have players in games you don't know yet if will be canceled. Some of the guys don't like it, but they're putting up with it, for now. 
I said taxi-squad but what you say is exactly what we did. We posted on the message board on our site which players are the Subs so there is no misinterpretation.

But you're a Bills fan, this was a game you wanted to play, to see where you stand vs another pretty solid playoff team and you are already getting a wonky start time of Tuesday Night and the media fallout surrounding this game makes it hard to gauge if you can put any meaningful stock into it as an NFL fan thinking maybe Super Bowl. 
Nah, I want a cake-walk over a denuded roster.  Just get the win.  I'll get my measuring stick game soon enough against the Chiefs.  But yes, I don't like the Tuesday schedule at all, especially if the KC game is Saturday instead of Sunday.  At least on most TNF games, both teams played the previous Sunday and both have an equally short week.  Would not be the case this time.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the NFL is "optimistic" the Titans' Week 5 game against Buffalo will be played. 

The Titans had another positive COVID-19 test Sunday morning, but it came from a staff member that hadn't been at the facility the last two weeks. That's a good sign for the chances of this passing through contact tracing protocols. Tennessee will still need to have no more positive tests before Tuesday for the game to be played.

SOURCE: ESPN

Oct 11, 2020, 12:26 PM ET

The Titans reported no new positive COVID-19 tests from Sunday's round of testing. 

The team will undergo more testing Monday. They remain on track to play the Bills Tuesday, barring any more positive COVID tests. Fantasy players who rolled the proverbial dice and kept their Bills and Titans players in their Week 5 lineups are going to look smart until, maybe, they don't. Tomorrow's testing news will determine whether the Bills-Titans game can be played. 

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter 

Oct 12, 2020, 8:17 AM ET

Users who are viewing this thread