What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Son’s Friend Murdered (1 Viewer)

Anarchy99

Footballguy
Absolutely stunned. I was texting our son a ton last night, who was at a party at Ohio State. He was there with one of his best friends. Our son left and a few minutes later an altercation started. His friend tried to play peace keeper and one of the kids pulled out a gun and shot him in the head from two feet away. Our son is besides himself. A few minutes later and it could have been him. He is an absolute wreck. 2020 should be erased from the history books  

LINK

Sorry to see this. Hope your son, the young man's family and friends all get through this.

So awful. I hope your son will be OK. And having a son away at college myself, I can't imagine what Chase's family is going through right now. 

That is horrible. I can only imagine the pain your son is going through. 

Condolences to everyone. :(  

Stories like this make me want my son to grow up much much slower than he is.  

Condolences to the victim's family and I really hope your son finds a way to deal with this - really horrible situation all around.  😞

Thanks to those that offered their support. I added a follow up thread in the Politics Forum (since there are some political elements involved in the aftermath).

Absolutely stunned. I was texting our son a ton last night, who was at a party at Ohio State. He was there with one of his best friends. Our son left and a few minutes later an altercation started. His friend tried to play peace keeper and one of the kids pulled out a gun and shot him in the head from two feet away. Our son is besides himself. A few minutes later and it could have been him. He is an absolute wreck. 2020 should be erased from the history books  

LINK
Thats awful whatever happened to using fists to solve arguments? Anyone who has to solve an argument with a gun is not human and not a real man. I've noticed over the years of experience people who have a gun tend to be more of an aggressor in disagreements involving people because they feel more empowered knowing they got a gun they can pull. This isn't a gun debate post more as its an experience post. 

I was involved in a shooting 8 yrs ago on 12/12/12. Coming home from the 76ers game as they just played my Bulls. We took public and on the train these guys were arguing with one another. Two guys bulls fans at the game with us and then these young teens. Both party were African American. Somehow a debate broke out between the two groups over sports. Somehow the Bulls fan had a family member (cousin) get in the same car. They tried to get the family member to settle down. My buddy and I were standing near the door and seats like 2 rows in opened up so my friend said we should sit. Next stop and I heard a loud crack like fireworks. The Bulls fan runs back in the car saying he shot me he shot me. I thought he was joking. Train stops next exit. Dude was shot in the stomach. His buddy was shot in the leg thank god he was there because the bullet ricochet off the metal door and hit him and if he wasn't there would've hit a 5 year old girl standing there. They apparently limped to the one dudes uncle's house. We were all transported to another train. The two suspects had gotten into a shootout with SEPTA security on the platform before running away. The Suspects were 15 and 17 yrs old who were later arrested a few days later. My friend was pretty shook over the situation as he's been sheltered by his family a lot. Refuses to take Public with me anywhere anymore. Luckily the shooting victims survived but they got shot over a dumb debate on Sports. 

My Condolences to your son and the his friends family. I can relate. My co worker's daughter was friends and graduated with a girl from the township over from me 2 yrs ago. Her daughter's friend was involved in an incident on the road with a driver who got mad at something she did. The dude ended up having road rage sped up next to her and shot and killed her while she was driving. Some wanted the guy charged with a hate crime as well since the girl 18 (Going to Ivy League school) was Black and he was white and many thought he was using she cut him off as an excuse when speculation was he killed her because she was black. Also it was later found out he was identified as part of a white supremacy group in the area. 

All the cases here are just awful. Young people died because of some one's stupidity and thinking a gun solves an issue. I got no issues with someone wanting to carry but to use it for such stupidity is another thing. I hope your Son is getting all the help he needs and using all the resources he has for it. I've thought about that day on the ride home a few times over the years. Knowing if we hadn't moved we may have been shot too but I've realized you got to move on to an extent and I moved myself for a reason that night. 

Looks like they got the guy. Sounds like he didn’t belong and was asked the leave.

That’s horrible. I’m sorry for this boys family and his friends

Sorry to hear this. 

In a sort of unrelated note, there shouldn’t be any student parties, or parties right now period. 
That was my first thought when I Read the article. What the heck is a party going on at a campus for anyway? Parties should be banned and any student seen at parties should be reprimanded and punished. 

Looks like they got the guy. Sounds like he didn’t belong and was asked the leave.

That’s horrible. I’m sorry for this boys family and his friends
Being only 9 yrs older then the person who unfortunately died I can say this is how most fights at parties I was at, at their age happened like this. Usually uninvited guest come in and act like a d-bag hitting on friends girlfriends and being disrespectful. Someone finds out or runs into them and they go and tell someone else who tells someone else. Eventually the Host/s find out and go up and ask why the person is there and who invited them. Kindly ask them to leave but they always want to act the tough guy being innocent. Gets to the point where we need to settle things outside. This happens at local bars where select groups of us would venture and we were always cautious of "outsiders". I've seen my fair share of fights thanks to someone who didn't belong at a party, caused a scene and then got thrown out the hard way. We had a group of guys who were into MMA and stuff and one was training for the Marines. When he'd come home or the other guys were attending parties they'd act as our "security/bouncers" and handle issues. People not knowing the guys backgrounds and created a scene and got tossed found out the hard way they weren't to be messed with. Eventually our parties grew a reputation (Kind of like our class as a whole which has legend status at my HS) where outsiders who weren't invited unless it was by one of us or our friends knew not to show up. All fights were handled the ole fashion way. Outside get in the middle and every crowd around and you duked it out with your fist. No clown moves like a gun or knife involved. When it was over it was over. If the cops were called it was always the other guys going into the back of the cruiser as most cops knew us. 

LINK
No words  - my son is an OSU student. Lives in that area - within a half mile; Deepest condolences to your son and his friends. 

Ugh. Apparently the gang has made threats to the fraternity kids on line and now the police have to keep a patrol on that street. They are complaining that the frat is the reason one of their posse is gone and they are going to come back and make them pay. I can only take so much, and one of the things I can’t take is utter stupidity. 

Ugh. Apparently the gang has made threats to the fraternity kids on line and now the police have to keep a patrol on that street. They are complaining that the frat is the reason one of their posse is gone and they are going to come back and make them pay. I can only take so much, and one of the things I can’t take is utter stupidity. 
Wait...the argument is that because one of theirs shot a kid dead, the shooter is now gone (to jail hopefully for a long time) and it's the frats fault?

Wait...the argument is that because one of theirs shot a kid dead, the shooter is now gone (to jail hopefully for a long time) and it's the frats fault?
I don't know the details, but I am pretty sure there were things said on both sides that led to the scuffle and the shooting. From the sound of it, the gang posted that one of their own is no longer on the streets because of the incident, that they have unfinished business with the frat boys, and that this isn't done yet. I don't know what that involved, but I am guessing they aren't talking about finishing a game of Scrabble that they had started.

So sorry to hear that. I had a similar situation when I was in college and was pretty careless. It really makes one think. Sucks just trying to be a good guy and prevent something bad from happening. 

Users who are viewing this thread