What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Travis Fulgham, GB (2 Viewers)

Last week he was tied with Reagor for WR snaps (68 IIRC), Ward has 42, Alshon 15. This week he led all WRs with 65 snaps and 7 targets. Now of the 12 targets, quite a few were of the JaMarcus Russell variety (“looked like that might have been for #13, give him the target”), and of the contested catches I don’t think Travis came down with any. 2/12 is never a good catch/target ratio but his role does seem unchanged.

Doesn't mean you can trust him Week 12 in a massive + matchup. But there are worst ways to end your season in flames.

It is becoming very difficult to justify hanging onto Fulgham.  I will likely wait another week before I cut Fulgham loose from my dynasty team, but after two consecutive duds, there is no way Fulgham is seeing my lineup this week despite a good matchup.  There are some decent options available on the waiver wire (N. Agholor, T. Patrick, D. Byrd), so Fulgham is going to have to really show something to justify his fantasy roster spot.  If he can get back on track, he does have decent matchups Weeks 15 and 16, but are you willing to trust Fulgham (or, more importantly, Wentz and Peterson) with your fantasy championship on the line?  I think I am holding him for now just so I don't end up facing him later only to see him knock me out of the playoffs!

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure his role is fine.  Was averaging 11 targets a game with those other weapons out.  Since some have returned, he's dropped to almost half of that at 6 targets per game.
Playing time is what I was referencing in my original post. He’s still seeing the field a ton in the big wr role but you’re right his targets have decreased. Can’t really put it on Reagor who is averaging about the same as Djax in the one game. Wentz is also averaging 6 fewer attempts per game during this small 3 game sample size so maybe it’s partly Sanders’ return.

Cobbler1 said:
Playing time is what I was referencing in my original post. He’s still seeing the field a ton in the big wr role but you’re right his targets have decreased. Can’t really put it on Reagor who is averaging about the same as Djax in the one game. Wentz is also averaging 6 fewer attempts per game during this small 3 game sample size so maybe it’s partly Sanders’ return.
Yes Partly Sanders.  Partly Reagor.  Partly Goedert.  

He may be getting the playing time, but Carson has better players he's looking to now instead.  12 targets a game was never going to be sustainable.  

The QB play and coaching are awful. The Eagles were 3-2 in his first 5 games where he was a major contributor, only losing close games to the Steelers and Ravens. They're 0-2 since they've reduced his role, losing to the Browns and Giants (who they beat a few weeks earlier with a more active Fulgham). They started 0-2-1 without him, losing to Washington and tying the Bengals.

Obviously there's more to it than that, but the correlation is obvious. So dumb how teams stop doing what is working.

The QB play and coaching are awful. The Eagles were 3-2 in his first 5 games where he was a major contributor, only losing close games to the Steelers and Ravens. They're 0-2 since they've reduced his role, losing to the Browns and Giants (who they beat a few weeks earlier with a more active Fulgham). They started 0-2-1 without him, losing to Washington and tying the Bengals.

Obviously there's more to it than that, but the correlation is obvious. So dumb how teams stop doing what is working.
His targets dipping is a bit concerning but my real issue is the catch rate. He has 12 targets in the last two games but 2 catches. Wentz has been terrible. 

... that's not real correlation. They didn't lose because Fulgham didn't have a god game.

Getting a Miles Austin vibe from Fulgham. A lot of production before defenses started keying on him and learned to take him out of the game plan. Of course, IIRC the Cowboys drafted Dez Bryant after Austin’s big year and that was it for him. 

His targets dipping is a bit concerning but my real issue is the catch rate. He has 12 targets in the last two games but 2 catches. Wentz has been terrible. 
Yeah, IIRC a good chunk of those targets were throwaways/uncatchable. Agreed, he's been awful.

... that's not real correlation. They didn't lose because Fulgham didn't have a god game.
Yes, it is real correlation- it's easy to see that when he's been heavily involved the team has done far better than when he hasn't been. You're arguing about causation.

Getting a Miles Austin vibe from Fulgham. A lot of production before defenses started keying on him and learned to take him out of the game plan. Of course, IIRC the Cowboys drafted Dez Bryant after Austin’s big year and that was it for him. 
Austin had back to back 1000 yd seasons before injuries started in. Then he hung on for another 5 seasons with mediocre to poor play. I'd be happy for Fulgham to bang out back to back 1000 yd seasons on 21-22.

Not sure if Austin would do it for me.  I feel like Austin had a more impressive athletic profile.  Fulgham wins with savvy route running and mental part of the game. We're seeing what happens when a team is planning for him.  I doubt he's going to be a guy that can still dominate when he's the focus of the defense.  He'll do his best as a complementary player IMO. Still worth a stash with Raegor hopefully emerging as the guy to be the focus.

Holy crap that takes me back. Hopefully he isn't as injury prone.

Travis Fulgham Tough To Trust Despite An Excellent Matchup

Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver Travis Fulgham is tough to trust in Week 12 lineups despite an excellent matchup against the Seattle Seahawks "defense" on Monday Night Football. Fulgham was a legitimate WR1 for a few weeks earlier this season, but has now gone two straight weeks with identical stat lines: one catch for eight yards. He's still seen 12 targets in those games combined, so there's hope that he can somewhat put things back together, but the Eagles offense as a whole has looked like one of the worst in the NFL, making it hard to place Fulgham in a fantasy lineup after seeing him put up 0.8 fantasy points in standard scoring two weeks in a row.--David A Marcillo - RotoBaller

Travis Fulgham caught both of his targets for 16 yards in the Eagles' Week 12 loss to the Seahawks.

It was actually a production improvement for Fulgham over his last two games where he had identical 1-8-0 receiving lines. But after seeing a combined 12 targets Weeks 10-11, Fulgham took a big step back in the volume department in this one. He was eighth on the Eagles in targets. Fulgham can probably be dropped now with everyone healthy in Philly.

- Rotoworld

Since his debut for the Eagles in Week 4, Travis Fulgham has 29 catches, 435 yards and 4 TD. He has more fantasy points (96.5) than every other wide receiver in the NFL since that time.

#yeahbutROS

The Eagles leading WR last year was Alshon Jeffrey. Playing only 10 games, he put up 43-490-4. Travis Fulgham has played in 5.

#yeahbuteveryoneiscomingbacknow
Nice Call.

He is?  How come?

But yes, he will see it when he's back.  He was adamant that he would keep up his 12 targets per game.  He's lucky these days to get 12 yards per game.
He never said that. Find me a quote, please.

Talked at length about his development and that he was good at his craft. He probably had no idea how ####### idea terrible Wentz was capable of playing.  

It’s not like Reagor is lighting the world on fire or Alshon has rolled back the clock or Greg Ward has become extraordinary. Tell me you wanna live in a world where Richard freaking Rodgers is getting six targets. Play calling has been pathetic.

As for the other Qs

:shrug:

Makes no sense, guy is a quality poster who never has a beef with anyone. You’d think Joe & the Mods wouldn’t want to run good people off.

He never said that. Find me a quote, please.

Fulgham one of the best WW gems of the year

Something tells me Fulgham is going to be a fringe FF player going forward.

care to make it interesting?

he’ll be a productive starter IRL through Week 17 is my take

he came in with 357 yards

$100 he passes last years team leader

(Ertz 916 yards in 15 games)

No clue where you thought I said Bust or anything negative about him.  I like him a lot but don't see the volume with Reagor/Goedert back and Ertz coming back.

I said I don't see him as a weekly starting fantasy player going forward... but if you think he puts up top 25 WR numbers ROS then I strongly disagree and we'll check back on this at the end of the year.

Same offer

It was a nice mid-season run, but Fulgham is a catch-and-release free agent acquisition.  Back to the waiver wire.  

He was adamant that he would keep up his 12 targets per game.
This claim is disputed 

Fulgham led all Philly WRs in snap counts Weeks 10 & 11, and his 12 targets were more than Ward, Alshon or anyone else purporting to play wide receiver.

But after last nights offensive extravaganza, Iggles fans should def be whooping it up Travis was shut out in the first half.

:confetti:  

Nobody on the 2020 or 2019 Philadelphia team came close to the 5 game stretch #13 put up. Now you guys are thrilled his production fell off?

Hey that’s not toxic at all. GL ROS fellas. You deserve this year as much as anyone.

It's a shame because it's not like he dropped off. The coaching and Wentz have screwed him. Coach inexplicably keeps using Alshon jeffrey who might take 10 seconds to run a 40 now on a team that has 3 wins. Then when his number is called, Wentz's throws are usually off target. This team desperately needs an OC. 

He almost had the Hail mary at the end. 

This claim is disputed 

Fulgham led all Philly WRs in snap counts Weeks 10 & 11, and his 12 targets were more than Ward, Alshon or anyone else purporting to play wide receiver.

But after last nights offensive extravaganza, Iggles fans should def be whooping it up Travis was shut out in the first half.

:confetti:  

Nobody on the 2020 or 2019 Philadelphia team came close to the 5 game stretch #13 put up. Now you guys are thrilled his production fell off?

Hey that’s not toxic at all. GL ROS fellas. You deserve this year as much as anyone.
Jesus man, defensive much?  Are you him undercover?

Who are all "you guys who are thrilled his production fell off"?  Care to send me a bunch of Eagles' fans that are happy about this?  And where did I even say I was "thrilled about this"?  Bobby was going off about how he was going to get 900 yards this year, kept trying to bet other posters that he would, and I (as well as FBG) saw a decrease in fantasy production moving forward with other people coming back to the offense.  I love Fulgham and wish him success and wish we used him more... but he was never going to keep up that pace.  So I stated that and Bobby kept saying he was going to be a top 25 fantasy WR moving forward.

Now you've made up the narrative that I toxically am thrilled he fell off and that we deserve a bad year because of it?  What exactly set you off here, yikes. 

Update:

The Eagles are now 3-2 in games where Fulgham has been heavily utilized, 0-6-1 when he has not been.

Keep phasing him out, it's working out great!

Update:

The Eagles are now 3-2 in games where Fulgham has been heavily utilized, 0-6-1 when he has not been.

Keep phasing him out, it's working out great!
He did have a bad drop yesterday from Hurts but he only had like 2-3 targets all game. Alshon is still getting snaps which any rational person 5 weeks ago would have told you is impossible but unfortunately we have irrational coaches here in Philly.

I really don't think I've seen a receiver that passed the eye test so much get tossed aside like he has.  He'll be really good on his next team.  Really good.

I really don't think I've seen a receiver that passed the eye test so much get tossed aside like he has.  He'll be really good on his next team.  Really good.
I tend to agree. He looks like the reincarnation of Michael Thomas. Total mismanagement by Eagles coaches.

He did have a bad drop yesterday from Hurts but he only had like 2-3 targets all game. Alshon is still getting snaps which any rational person 5 weeks ago would have told you is impossible but unfortunately we have irrational coaches here in Philly.
Yeah I saw that. Not to make excuses because it was a bad drop but it's probably pretty tough to stay focused when you know 95% of the time the ball isn't coming your way. 2 targets each of the last 2 games is ridiculous.

If Philly makes a coaching change AND Alshon walks away AND Ertz moves on, THEN I'll be targeting Fulgham in every draft next year. Dude passes the eye test majorly. He's got the JUICE. 

But Philly's coaching staff is incompetent. They benched one of the best WRs in the ENTIRE LEAGUE this year for the corpse of a washed-up diva. 

If they don't make a coaching change, Philly fans should just storm the castle with pitchforks. 

Fulgham played on 25 snaps (40%) 2 targets

Jalen Reagor 44 snaps (71%) 1 target 1 reception 34 yards

Greg Ward 44 snaps (71%) 5 targets 3 receptions 57 yards TD

Alshon Jeffrey 35 snaps (56%) 1 target

Tim Hightower 18 snaps (29%) 2 targets

I tend to agree. He looks like the reincarnation of Michael Thomas. Total mismanagement by Eagles coaches.
Very good skillset IMO. Has a lot of tools for a guy without much experience. Great release, precise route runner.

Couple brutal drops over the last three games but I remember the first Alshon was back they yanked Fulgham on the third snap. Wentz overshot him on a deep pattern - probably because Jeffery couldn’t get separation from a MAC cornerback at this stage - and my buddy and I looked at each other thinking the same thing. “What are these Philly coaches thinking?”

Former Eagles head coach Doug Pederson was concerned about Travis Travis Fulgham's "work habits" during the 2020 season.

Pederson's concerns could explain why Fulgham -- after a blistering start in which he went for 435 yards and four touchdowns in five games -- was quickly phased out of the Philadelphia offense. Fulgham caught just nine passes over the season's final eight games. "Fulgham got into Pederson’s doghouse and never got out," NBC Sports' Reuben Frank said. Fulgham, Frank added, could benefit from new head coach Nick Sirianni, a former receivers coach. Still, Fulgham is unlikely to start the 2021 season as a top-three pass catching option in the Eagles offense. 

SOURCE: NBCSports.com 

Feb 2, 2021, 11:21 AM ET

As poorly managed as the Lions have been, there is a reason or several reasons why they did not keep him on their team and the Eagles had the opportunity to add him. Maybe some of those things bothered Pederson as well. Could be helpful to know what "work habits" means in more detail.

Does Fulgham not practice well? Is he bad in team meetings?

He clearly can catch the ball and put up numbers in games even if hes not good in practice.

The Newark Star-Ledger's Mike Kaye expects Travis Fulgham to open training camp in three-wide sets.

Fulgham will play the X or Z spot, with Jalen Reagor likely moving to the slot. After bursting onto the scene with 435 yards and four touchdowns in his first five games last year, Fulgham faded down the stretch, catching nine passes over the final eight weeks. Eagles coach Doug Pederson said Fulgham's "work habits" were an issue, and the 2019 sixth-rounder won't be given anything after his late season benching. Greg Ward, John Hightower, and JJ Arcega-Whiteside will push Fulgham in camp.

SOURCE: NJ.com

Jun 19, 2021, 10:32 AM ET

The clear leader between Mailata and Dillard in Roob’s observations

Excerpt:

I like how Sirianni has been completely supportive of Jalen Reagor as he tries to get himself into shape while coping with the murder of a childhood friend. There’s a time to be a hard-### and a time not to be, and Nick understands that. This is a 22-year-old kid dealing with something very difficult. That said, I’m not sure a healthy Reagor beats out Travis Fulgham. I like how Fulgham, coming off that brutal second half last year, has bounced back in the early days of camp. He’s been confident, aggressive and physical going up for the football, like he did during that five-week stretch where he was the best WR in the league. I’m not convinced a healthy, fit Reagor is better than Fulgham.

Eagles waived WR Travis Fulgham. 

We knew Fulgham was on the bubble, but it is still somewhat surprising for one of the league's shakiest receiver corps. The Eagles would apparently rather give JJ Arcega-Whiteside his 19th opportunity. Fulgham will undoubtedly be stashed on the practice squad if he clears waivers. The 25-year-old caught 38 balls for 539 yards in heroic spot-starting duty last season. 
beaten out by JJ is not a good indicator of future prospects.

beaten out by JJ is not a good indicator of future prospects.
He was really bad this camp. Sucked plus dogged it. Terrible combo. I'm sure the coaching stuff was looking for anyway to move on from JJAW but Fulgham just didn't put in the work. 

Dolphins signed WR Travis Fulgham to the practice squad.

Already on his fourth team since 2019, there's little hope Fulgham, 26, can resurface in a significant role after peaking with 38 receptions for 539 yards and four touchdowns in place of Alshon Jeffery and J.J. Arcega-Whiteside last year. Perhaps Fulgham gets a call if Will Fuller (finger, IR) and DeVante Parker (hamstring) are sidelined for longer than expected.

- Adam Caplan, Twitter

Users who are viewing this thread