What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Saints Chargers week 5 MNF game thread (1 Viewer)

barackdhouse

Footballguy
Ok let's go. Brees looked a little better last week. Can Herbert continue his winning play? And what of Kelley v Jackson?

How does everyone feel about LA’s yellow pants? I personally love them but everyone I’ve talked to thinks they’re the one flaw in the chargers new uni lineup. Pants are important. 

Interesting, Justin Jackson got the start over Kelley. Wonder if they're playing alternating series, it was expected Kelley would be the starter.

Interesting, Justin Jackson got the start over Kelley. Wonder if they're playing alternating series, it was expected Kelley would be the starter.
I didn't figure that, knowing Lynn and knowing Kelley was getting so much run because Jackson was hurt. Kelley will get carries, it just remains to be seen how many. It's probably a "hot hand" approach.

It's a bummer, because I have Kelley in a league.

How does everyone feel about LA’s yellow pants? I personally love them but everyone I’ve talked to thinks they’re the one flaw in the chargers new uni lineup. Pants are important. 
Like the Dan Fouts era throwback trousers :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Breaking news: the brunette ATT chick is still smokin. 
Irrelevant to the game.

But what IS RELEVANT , is my kicker (Myers) did not even get a single FG opportunity in your kicker contest.

That means I should get a special prize for the worst donkey pick ever in that contest since he didn't even get a single attempt.

So send 10 free cases to my place.   Want my addy?   

:excited:    

(all jokes aside, thanks for the contest)

TZM

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do the Saints insist on this Taysom Hill crap?
Because Sean Payton wants people to think he is clever and an offensive genius.  Meanwhile, despite having one of the best QB's of all time for a decade and a half, he has made it to a single Super Bowl.  But hey, at least some think he is clever.

Taysom Hill doesn’t have enough of the playbook, I don’t think. Opposing defenses usually seem ready for the Taysom plays this season.

Compromising photos.

it’s the only explanation. Mark Ingram fumbled one (1) time and was benched fir a game. 

Hill has now fumbled 2 games in a row and he’s right back out there preventing a HOF QB from taking snaps. 

mind boggling. 
Payton trying to prove he’s smarter than everyone else

so dumb

my kicker (Myers) did not even get a single FG opportunity in your kicker contest.
hilariously in my league someone dropped Butker (who had been struggling a bit) to pick up Myers. 

Yeah, he lost by 3.1 points this week. Butker had 6.2

Myers had 3. 

barring any mystery points showing up late, he will lose by .1 and will have spent $4 to do so. 

Oh, point chasing with kickers....fantasy gods will smite thee every time. 

Chargers seem to do a good job getting Herbert excellent shots at a deep ball a couple of times every half

I like that a lot. His windup is a little long but good accuracy on those long balls

Doesn’t matter. You have to be in control of your body. Easy call that they will and should always call.
95% of the time o agree. 5% of the time I see a defender try to pull up & not be able to. 

I dunno...I would have been ok with 5 there. 15 seems excessive. 

Chargers seem to do a good job getting Herbert excellent shots at a deep ball a couple of times every half

I like that a lot. His windup is a little long but good accuracy on those long balls
I noticed that ESPN flashed the stat that the Chargers had run the ball on 7 of their 8 previous 1st and 10 plays. Then boom! Play action on 1st and 10, hit the deep shot.

All year, brees has been pulling the ball down after he looks like he might throw deep.  Is he gun shy because he is too weak?  By design to help keep defenses honest and thinking he just might throw a deep one and not check it down every time?

All year, brees has been pulling the ball down after he looks like he might throw deep.  Is he gun shy because he is too weak?  By design to help keep defenses honest and thinking he just might throw a deep one and not check it down every time?
On that one I legit through he tried to put some oomph on the ball and it came out like he threw a wet blanket. 

Users who are viewing this thread