What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who To Drop (1 Viewer)

chitony13

Footballguy
We are a 12 team standard scoring keeper league. I have to drop one of the following players to allow me to pick up a bye week QB replacement.

Who would you drop among the following....

J Jeudy,  Philip Lindsay, H Ruggs, M Gaskin or D Montgomery. 

I'm leaning between Lindsay and Jeudy. Input would be appreciated. Thx

We are a 12 team standard scoring keeper league. I have to drop one of the following players to allow me to pick up a bye week QB replacement.

Who would you drop among the following....

J Jeudy,  Philip Lindsay, H Ruggs, M Gaskin or D Montgomery. 

I'm leaning between Lindsay and Jeudy. Input would be appreciated. Thx
What does your RB & WR depth look like?

At first glance I’m thinking Jeudy. 

This is an interesting question to me. Standard league means no PPR, right? I would still hang onto Jeudy for sure. I had to choose between drafting Lamb or Juedy after all the top RB's went off the board early in the 1st. Without much difficulty I picked Lamb, but not without consideration. With the prospect of Lock and the Denver O developing, which is no sure thing, you've got to hang onto to Jeudy. I actually think he might fare better with Sutton in the lineup. I'm sure a fairly high drafted RB is in Denver's near future and so with Gordon on the books for another season, Lindsay is a very good candidate for dropping. I know you generally want to hang onto RB's over WR's, but the interesting thing about this question immediately is the new availability of one of my own assets, Le'veon Bell. There's talk about him landing in Miami. I don't think that makes total sense, but it could happen. You never know, but I would think Gaskin's stay atop the RB depth chart in Miami will be limited. There's also a small chance Bell could land in Chicago. If you're leaning toward Jeudy or Lindsay, I would let go of Lindsay for sure and think that's a good choice. 

This is an interesting question to me. Standard league means no PPR, right? I would still hang onto Jeudy for sure. I had to choose between drafting Lamb or Juedy after all the top RB's went off the board early in the 1st. Without much difficulty I picked Lamb, but not without consideration. With the prospect of Lock and the Denver O developing, which is no sure thing, you've got to hang onto to Jeudy. I actually think he might fare better with Sutton in the lineup. I'm sure a fairly high drafted RB is in Denver's near future and so with Gordon on the books for another season, Lindsay is a very good candidate for dropping. I know you generally want to hang onto RB's over WR's, but the interesting thing about this question immediately is the new availability of one of my own assets, Le'veon Bell. There's talk about him landing in Miami. I don't think that makes total sense, but it could happen. You never know, but I would think Gaskin's stay atop the RB depth chart in Miami will be limited. There's also a small chance Bell could land in Chicago. If you're leaning toward Jeudy or Lindsay, I would let go of Lindsay for sure and think that's a good choice. 
My depth is as follows...

RB - L Bell, Gaskin, J Robinson, P Lindasy, D Montgomery, D Henderson

WR - A Cooper, C Lamb, W Fuller, H Ruggs, J Jeudy

I like my WR situation and possibly could afford to drop Jeudy, but you make a very good point re: Lindsay. I don't believe he will ever be the long term solution in Denver and I could be giving away a player in Jeudy with long term value. Thx for you input. 

I don't see how you can let Jeudy and his prospects go even with the good WR depth. He should at the very least end up with some trade value, and very possibly develop into a must start. If I saw both Lindsay and Jeudy in dynasty free agency, and had reasonable depth, I'd be racing to pick up Jeudy to stash.

I'm glad to be able to reciprocate with advice since I my sentimentalism was getting in the way of making my trade. 

Hey Dude, I just read that Gordon just got himself a DUI along with speeding. He's probably going to get a suspension out that which will create some starts for Lindsay. It'll be a short term thing if it happens, but it's something to consider...

I don't see how you can let Jeudy and his prospects go even with the good WR depth. He should at the very least end up with some trade value, and very possibly develop into a must start. If I saw both Lindsay and Jeudy in dynasty free agency, and had reasonable depth, I'd be racing to pick up Jeudy to stash.

I'm glad to be able to reciprocate with advice since I my sentimentalism was getting in the way of making my trade. 
Good point about Jeudy. Y’all have convinced me on Lindsay as the drop candidate as well. Can y’all weigh in on my TE Bye Week drop question too? 🙂

allstarrr said:
Hey Dude, I just read that Gordon just got himself a DUI along with speeding. He's probably going to get a suspension out that which will create some starts for Lindsay. It'll be a short term thing if it happens, but it's something to consider...
Thanks for the update. This may allow me to garner some trade talks to move him. 

I actually traded him just as the news on Gordon came out to a team who lost Cook. Got myself a few early draft picks. So it's one of those trades that worked out for both of us. He who is playing for this year, and me who is rebuilding. Thx for your input. 

My first thought is to drop Jeudy. I think he has amazing talent but the Broncos are a mess. Without Fant, Sutton, Gordon... he gets the focus of the defense and the qb play is suspect.  I think he may have some good games, but there will be plenty of duds and you will have trouble starting him.  If you really want to drop an RB, I would drop Lindsay. I think he will have a good game this week without Gordon, but with Gordon it is a timeshare on an average offense.

Please take a moment to answer my question:

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/789516-help-juju-kupp-crowder-or-parker-pick-2/

Users who are viewing this thread