What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PPR ROS - C. Claypool, M. Brown, D. Samuel, T. McLaurin - WHIR (1 Viewer)

themeistersinger

Footballguy
Considering picking up Claypool, but would have to drop a WR to do it.  So out of these 4, who do you like the least ROS in PPR? (Redraft)

Strength of Schedule info from here:
https://subscribers.footballguys.com/myfbg/mycustomsos.php?profile=p&pos=wr

Chase Claypool - Pittsburgh - Bye Week 4 - Custom SOS is +0.8 ROS
Marquise Brown - Baltimore - Bye Week 7 - Custom SOS is +5.1
Terry McLaurin - Washington - Bye Week 8 - Custom SOS is +3.1
Deebo Samuel - San Francisco - Bye Week 11 - Custom SOS is +0.5

I think McLaurin has the worst QB situation of the group.  Deebo might also be terrible if Jimmy G doesn't improve dramatically from Week 5.  Claypool probably has best QB situation.

I also have Davante Adams, Allen Robinson and Tyler Lockett at WR.  Start 3 WR + 1 Flex

Leave a link and thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you in redraft or dynasty? You've got a bunch of #1 receivers. Claypool had one huge game and one with 3 targets where he did well,  and two duds out of four games. Johnson has been nicked and out after receiving huge target shares the first two games, and JuJu isn't going to disappear. Granted, Claypool is a specimen and looks the part of a real stud, but it's early to crown him. If you're in dynasty, I don't see any of your guys  that I'd be able to let go of for Claypool right now. If you're in redraft, I still wouldn't be able to pull the trigger given the small sample size. Yes, Deebo's in a bad situation right now, but he's so versatile and definitely a prime target for the season duration. The only guy you have who isn't the #1 target is Brown. He's the #1 WR by far, but behind Andrews as a target in a heavy run offense. Maybe you let go of Brown for Claypool, but again, dynasty or redraft you can't bank on Claypool being what he was last week from now on. You know what you're going to get out of Brown, nothing elite, but pretty steady production. I like Claypool better in dynasty with this being his rookie year, and after four games. 

I'd personally let Deebo go. I like him, but the situation in SF is a mess right now. Garrappolo isn't completely healthy, his backups are lousy, and they are a team that is going to run, run, run, and throw to Kittle.

I’d drop Deebo. I feel if Gibson starts getting open they’ll have another weapon and open things up for McLaurin. 

I trust Lamar to improve on accuracy than Garrapollo. Plus the injury. Could make a case that you could hold all these guys instead but you need a hot WR right now

I would drop Hollywood Brown, although you could make a very strong argument to drop Deebo instead.

Ravens are run first. Brown has two 100yd games so far in his career, both in the first game in each of his two seasons. 

He doesn't get a high number of receptions. He's at 22 rec through 5 games in 2020. He had 21 rec through 5 games in 2019. He's not on track to get a high number of 100yd+ games. 

The big question regarding Deebo is whether the meister is in redraft or dynasty. It would be very foolish in my opinion to dump Deebo in a dynasty league! Don't forget that Deebo will carry the ball at least once a game, and the guy is a beast. Brown's ceiling does not look so high (yet), agreed, but his floor is not  bad and that shouldn't change unless or until they acquire someone better. He's on pace for 1000 yards and his TD's should pickup (they better since I have Lamar!). Claypool could be a superstar, but how many guys that look like him have been average? You'd love to grab Claypool and see what comes of him, but at what cost? Today, maybe Brown, but not Deebo in a dynasty league.

The big question regarding Deebo is whether the meister is in redraft or dynasty. It would be very foolish in my opinion to dump Deebo in a dynasty league! Don't forget that Deebo will carry the ball at least once a game, and the guy is a beast. Brown's ceiling does not look so high (yet), agreed, but his floor is not  bad and that shouldn't change unless or until they acquire someone better. He's on pace for 1000 yards and his TD's should pickup (they better since I have Lamar!). Claypool could be a superstar, but how many guys that look like him have been average? You'd love to grab Claypool and see what comes of him, but at what cost? Today, maybe Brown, but not Deebo in a dynasty league.
Redraft

Users who are viewing this thread