What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Biden Years - Every day something more shocking than the last!! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, Trump went for the kill too soon. They shouldn't have invoked Hunter Biden until July at the earliest, and they shouldn't have had Rudy and Don Jr. (!!) as the point men.

Huge miscalculation by the Trump campaign. I'd mention it in the "Post Here When Campaigns Do Something Obviously ######" thread, but it would get reported and deleted.
Paraphrasing from a tweet I saw ... Imagine being able to make up any lie you wanted in order to damage Joe Biden, and the thing you came up with is so dumb that you can't even link to it on social media. And even if you could, it's not even about Joe, but about Hunter.

Has Biden ever actually answered why his name was on the ledger unmasking General Flynn two days before his VP term expired?  
Bill Barr came up with zero when it comes to his investigation on unmasking.

In addition...why would it be strange for a VP (even with 2 days left) to request an unmasking of an individual.  You know he can't say "please unmask General Flynn", right?

The backstory seems a bit sketchy. Someone is said to have dropped off three laptops with water damage to a repair shop in Delaware in April 2019. The shop owner has a vision probably, and the person that brought in the computers may or may not have been Hunter Biden. Two of the laptops were toast. The shop owner tried to contact someone to come back to pay for and collect the laptops, but no one did. He then went through the information and uncovered the emails on the computer and other non-flattering material involving Hunter.

The guy claims he feared for his life and contacted someone he knows who is a true patriot and someone that stands by the country (that person has not been identified). Somehow, that mystery person got in touch with the authorities. The shop owner, said to be a Trump supporter, ended up copying the files and getting them to Rudy Giuliani and then the FBI. At some point in September 2019, the FBI came in and retrieved the laptop. It's unclear when the government first got a hold of the files, but it's between April and September of last year.

Since then, the shop owner has been questioned about the people involved, the timeline, and how things came to play out the way they did. Some feel he has been wishy washy in his answers and his explanation and timelines haven't always lined up. For example, at one point he said it was Hunter that came in the shop, but now he has backed down to he's not sure who it was that came in the shop.

Why this guy delved into the entirety of what was on the laptop is one of the things that is curious. I have had my computers in for repair and they basically said they don't review what's on a drive, they just copy the files off and back on to the computer. One of the "smoking gun" emails suggests that Hunter set up a meeting with his dad and someone from the oil company, but Biden's camp has gone through then VP Biden's work schedule. They insist there was no way for him to have had that alleged meeting. The Biden camp has denied everything and has questioned the authenticity of the emails and how they came to be in the possession of the NY Post, Giuliani, and the FBI. I wonder what the government was so concerned about in the content of the files and emails. It appears they haven't done anything about it in the past 12-18 months.

Maybe there is more to it than that, but that's the summary of what I have seen.
Forget Biden and that part of it.  I know a guy who owns a chain of these.  You really believe this?  You've seen the guys who generally work there right?

My post was not false...you made a Qanon like claim of the covid narrative supposedly shifting.  That is not false for me to say.

Russia scale..weak effort given what we actually know about the Trump's capaign's communications with Russia.  None of which has anything to do with this actual thread either.
Stop trolling with the Qanon stuff, no ones impressed with that kind of behavior. Your Russia denial does help put your posts in perspective but let’s move on please. 

The issue is being discussed in that thread.   But you got one part right...it is preposterous to believe this story as strongly as some do.  Its also preposterous to start such a thread and deny it was for any other reason than to mock the Trump Years thread.  That much is painfully obvious
And you have how many posts in this thread already?  Everyone knows it’s impossible for you to stay out of it. Why would you go on auto post levels if the thread is what you claim?

The backstory seems a bit sketchy. Someone is said to have dropped off three laptops with water damage to a repair shop in Delaware in April 2019. The shop owner has a vision probably, and the person that brought in the computers may or may not have been Hunter Biden. Two of the laptops were toast. The shop owner tried to contact someone to come back to pay for and collect the laptops, but no one did. He then went through the information and uncovered the emails on the computer and other non-flattering material involving Hunter.

The guy claims he feared for his life and contacted someone he knows who is a true patriot and someone that stands by the country (that person has not been identified). Somehow, that mystery person got in touch with the authorities. The shop owner, said to be a Trump supporter, ended up copying the files and getting them to Rudy Giuliani and then the FBI. At some point in September 2019, the FBI came in and retrieved the laptop. It's unclear when the government first got a hold of the files, but it's between April and September of last year.

Since then, the shop owner has been questioned about the people involved, the timeline, and how things came to play out the way they did. Some feel he has been wishy washy in his answers and his explanation and timelines haven't always lined up. For example, at one point he said it was Hunter that came in the shop, but now he has backed down to he's not sure who it was that came in the shop.

Why this guy delved into the entirety of what was on the laptop is one of the things that is curious. I have had my computers in for repair and they basically said they don't review what's on a drive, they just copy the files off and back on to the computer. One of the "smoking gun" emails suggests that Hunter set up a meeting with his dad and someone from the oil company, but Biden's camp has gone through then VP Biden's work schedule. They insist there was no way for him to have had that alleged meeting. The Biden camp has denied everything and has questioned the authenticity of the emails and how they came to be in the possession of the NY Post, Giuliani, and the FBI. I wonder what the government was so concerned about in the content of the files and emails. It appears they haven't done anything about it in the past 12-18 months.

Maybe there is more to it than that, but that's the summary of what I have seen.
Has the NY Post retracted?  Are the photos fake?

Bill Barr came up with zero when it comes to his investigation on unmasking.

In addition...why would it be strange for a VP (even with 2 days left) to request an unmasking of an individual.  You know he can't say "please unmask General Flynn", right?
I don’t know the investigation is closed and there is no comment which is also strange. 

And yes I find it bizarre Joe Biden’s name appeared on this 15 minutes before he lost power. The guy did practically nothing in the Obama regime and suddenly he’s unmasking the the incoming National Security Advisor?

Last edited by a moderator:
And you have how many posts in this thread already?  Everyone knows it’s impossible for you to stay out of it. Why would you go on auto post levels if the thread is what you claim?
He’s just trying to spam to death a thread he doesn’t like and shout down other poster’s opinions.    It happens a lot. 

We will continue to push on and expose the truth.  We have to do it   

Forget Biden and that part of it.  I know a guy who owns a chain of these.  You really believe this?  You've seen the guys who generally work there right?
Sure, they probably go through saved links, picture folders, and movie files to see what racy stuff they can uncover. But individual emails? I don't enjoy going through my own emails, let alone other people's. 

I left out the part that the shop owner started doing specific, targeted keyword content searches that pertained to Hunter Biden, Joe Biden, and some other terms that might pertain to them. That part I find pretty out of the ordinary. Going through the computer, the guy said he didn't even know who Hunter Biden was and the stuff meant nothing to him. I think they found someone said to be Hunter in bed with a girl and a crack pipe. Then somehow one day the shop owner started doing targeted searches. Not sure how he went from not knowing and caring who the computer belonged to . . . to knowing what to specifically search for. To be clear, I have no idea what was found and if its authentic. I just find the story of how this material came into the possession of Giuliani, the FBI, and the NY Post without any probable cause or search warrant seems a little suspect.

As far as the emails go, maybe the techies can chime in with regard to how easy it would be to see if the emails are legit, weren't planted, and were actually sent and received by the parties involved.

I don’t know the investigation is closed and there is no comment which is also strange. 

And yes I find it bizarre Joe Biden’s name appeared on this 15 minutes before he lost power. The guy did practically nothing in the Obama regime and suddenly he’s unmasking the the incoming National Security Advisor?
https://www.businessinsider.com/barr-flynn-unmasking-investigation-ends-no-charges-report-2020-10?amp
Yes...its closed.  This was posted in several threads on this board.

How would he know he was unmasking the incoming national security advisor?  You know that isn't how unmasking works, right?

Cocaine is a hell of a drug
He allegedly went up to homeless people in LA for crack
Shaming an addict in recovery (who has been very open about his struggles)?

Nice work! Super classy.

21 million Americans struggle with a substance abuse problem. it’s fair to presume everyone (or nearly so) knows someone who is or was an alcoholic, addict, et al.

Less than 1 in 10 of those folks gets treatment.

But maybe you guys come from perfect backgrounds and have no friends in your business, church, family or friend circles who have fought these kind of battles. Maybe that explains your complete lack of empathy & schoolboy glee over an addicts behavior.

BYLINE - well, it’s a “smoking gun piece”, so they must have assigned this to one their crack investigative journalists. Emma-Jo Morris...segment producer for Hannity. Hang on, maybe she’s one of those polys who excels at everything. 4 stories. In her entire NY Post career. All about Hunter. All published in the last 24 hours.

In 2012 the MacBook Pro storage was fused to the motherboard and has been since, so you can't remove the hard drive. It could be an older model, but I don't expect a guy with Biden's budget would opt for a slower older model.

Also the Mac OS. Yosemite at that time turned on File Vault the Mac OS encryption as a default feature. So the owner of the laptop would have had to not been using Yosemite or turned off the encryption.

In an interview with the Daily Beast the owner of the repair shop said he didn't talk to the owner of the laptop. This is simply unlikely bordering on impossible.   

He would have needed to talk to the owner to get the encryption key and how was he going to get paid for his service?

we know from the serial # of the external drive it was purchased AFTER the computer - actually three per the repair shop owner - was dropped off. we know from the meta data of the pdf it was printed to file in September 2019 (5 months after the laptops were dropped off.) the screenshot of the emails has no metadata.

The supposedly incriminating email came to the Postby way of Rudy Giuliani, the president’s personal lawyer, who has been on a public quest to find dirt about Biden alleged misdeeds in Ukraine for more than a year and whose efforts, which helped lead to his boss’s impeachment, have made him bedfellows with an array of shady characters, including a Ukrainian lawmaker American intelligence believes to be a Russian agent. And how did Giuliani get his mitts on the email? As the story goes, he received a copy of it from a man named John Paul Mac Isaac, a computer repair shop owner in Delaware who said someone who he believed was Hunter Biden dropped off a laptop that contained the nefarious email.

The blind repair shop owner has changed his story several times when questioned by reporters this week.

Mac Isaac’s story is itself suspicious, riddled with inconsistencies. In a bizarre interview with reporters after the story broke Wednesday, an apparently nervous Mac Isaac spouted right-wing conspiracy theories, made varying claims about what he’d done with the hard drive and described Giuliani as his “lifeguard” — a characterization he appeared to regret immediately after. “Ah, ####,” he said, according to a recording of the interview published by the Daily Beast.

It gets weirder. Per the Trump-friendly Post, Giuliani gave the paper the hard drive on Sunday. But the tabloid was tipped off to the existence of the emails in September by Steve Bannon, the former Trump strategist who was indicted over the summer on fraud charges (Bannon has pleaded not guilty). If the involvement of Giuliani and Bannon makes you think that Trump himself probably had something to do with it, you’d be right. According to the Daily Beast, the president himself was informed about the supposed Hunter Biden material weeks ago, and has both talked it up to aides and pressed for its public release before the November 3 election. “It was evident that the president was interested,” a source familiar with the matter told the outlet, “and wanted it done before the election.”
https://twitter.com/spdustin/status/1316621229751762945?s=21

(found this in my Twitter feed but I see that @caustic posted in another thread 🙏🏻 

This Hunter Biden laptop story is ####ed. Docs show the laptop was dropped on Apr 12, 2019. They also show an external drive and its serial number. Western Digital’s web site says that drive’s **3-year** warranty expires Apr 18, 2022…meaning it was manufactured Apr *18*, 2019.

If the data was on the MBP’s NVMe SSD, it was either readable or not. The TRIM command is constantly shuffling blocks around to level the wear on the memory cells, and any legit data recovery firm will tell you: recovery of damaged/deleted files from an NVME drive is impossible.

The external drive was claimed to be used to recover the data, but there is no “recovery” of a solid state disk drive, such as the one in Hunter’s alleged Mac. If the data is corrupted or deleted, it’s lost forever, unless the Mac’s owner runs a *specific* command from a shell.

That command would disable the TRIM command. It’s not at all common practice, and the kind of person who’d use a strip mall repair shop certainly wouldn’t know about it. The drive could have been used as a *destination* for a backup of a *working* SSD. So let’s explore that.

If the internal solid state drive was working, but the computer was not, it would take specialized equipment and skill to remove it. It’s not a “drive,” it’s a bunch of memory chips soldered directly onto a circuit board inside. It would mean desoldering the chips, and…

…we’re already past what a neighborhood repair shop can do. Certainly not for $75. Which leaves one last option: the computer was bootable, the internal drive was working, and The Mac Shop just cloned it onto a My Passport Pro they bought…weeks after they got the computer.

It’s clear by the date that the drive wasn’t Hunter’s. So we’ll proceed from there. They could’ve used Target Disk Mode for this, if the problem with the MacBook was its display, but it was otherwise bootable. Which brings us to price.

Again, the drive wasn’t Hunter’s. So the shop had to buy it. The 2TB My Passport for Mac is $80 today. It was likely more when it came out. Yet Hunter only paid $75 for the repair? No repair shop owner is that dumb. Let’s sum up:

Ext. drive wasn’t Hunter’s, it was bought after the MacBook was dropped off. The internal drive wasn’t corrupted, because you can’t recover from a corrupted NVMe SSD. Which means it was copied to a drive that costs more than the cost of the service, and no repair shop does that.

Let’s set aside the external drive that the Mac shop bought for the express purpose of copying data that can’t be recovered from a corrupted drive and isn’t the server that the quote specified. Let’s focus on a “water damaged” MacBook Pro, as alleged in the NY Post piece.

How would you know (as a consumer) if it’s water damaged? Does the keyboard not work? The screen? Due to the internals of a MacBook Pro, if they don’t work because of water damage, it’s likely that the drive can’t be accessed either; i.e. it won’t boot.

Which puts us back to “no recovery” because of the kind of solid state storage in the MacBook Pro. The only conclusion left: the computer was working fine, data was copied (by *someone*) to an external drive bought at retail, and once there, the data is easily changed/forged.

Hell, the emails were “printed” to PDF in October 2019, according to metadata in the PDF files linked by the NY Post story. Six months after the computer was allegedly dropped off by someone who may or may not be Hunter Biden.

Basically, there isn’t one part of their story that holds even a small amount of water. You know what does “fit” the narrative, though? Some sketchy dude overcharged his customer (whom he didn’t recognize at first) for “recovery” (making a backup of a working drive)

He realized what a treasure trove he had, and gave up the goods to Rudy’s lawyer for a cash payment. From there, they used their numerous (and documented) connections to foreign nationals to mix some choice forgeries into the other legitimate data on the (backup) drive.
Weak sauce. Do better.

Hunter Biden’s alleged laptop: An explainer

Oct. 14, 2020 at 8:43 p.m. EDT

The New York Post on Wednesday published an article based on emails purportedly obtained from a laptop that Hunter Biden, the son of former vice president Joe Biden, had supposedly left behind for repair in a Delaware shop in April 2019. Here’s a brief explainer to help readers evaluate its significance.

What’s new?

The key thrust of the article is that an April 17, 2015, email suggests Hunter Biden arranged for a top executive at a Ukrainian energy firm to meet with the then-vice president when he was in charge of U.S. policy toward Ukraine. “Dear Hunter, thank you for inviting me to DC and giving an opportunity to meet your father and spent [sic] some time together. It’s realty [sic] an honor and pleasure,” reads the email, supposedly written by Vadym Pozharskyi, an adviser to the board of Burisma.

Why would that be important?

Hunter Biden in 2014 became a board member of Burisma, which news reports at the time suggested was a conflict of interest, given his father’s position. The former vice president has said he did not discuss Burisma with his son. The email is not specific about the nature of the meeting and is written in a way that it could be talking about a possible future meeting. Nevertheless, Republicans have long sought to tie Joe Biden to his son’s business interests, even launching a Senate investigation, so any indication that the vice president helped his son could be politically damaging. The New York Post claimed it was a “smoking-gun email.”

How do we know the email is authentic?

We do not. The New York Post published PDF printouts of several emails allegedly taken from the laptop, but for the “smoking-gun” email, it shows only a photo made the day before the story was posted, according to Thomas Rid, the author of “Active Measures,” a book on disinformation. “There is no header information, no metadata.” No one has been able to independently verify or authenticate these emails, as requests to make the laptop hard drive available for inspection have not been granted. The New York Post said it obtained the material from former New York mayor Rudolph W. Giuliani, a personal lawyer to President Trump.

There also is no indication that Hunter Biden replied to the email.

Moreover, another alleged email published by the New York Post contradicts the notion that Hunter Biden could influence his father. “What he will do and say is out of our hands,” Hunter Biden wrote in an email that the New York Post said was sent April 13, 2014.   

What does the Biden campaign say?

Andrew Bates, a campaign spokesman for Joe Biden, said a review of Biden’s schedules from 2015 finds no record of any such meeting. Officials who worked for Biden at the time told The Fact Checker that no such meeting took place.

“I was with the vice president in all of his meetings on Ukraine,” said Michael Carpenter, Biden’s foreign policy adviser in 2015. “He never met with this guy. In fact, I had never heard of this guy until the New York Post story broke.”

The New York Post article also cites an email from Pozharskyi to Hunter Biden saying he was “going to share this information with the US embassy here in Kyiv, as well as the office of Mr Amos Hochstein in the States.”

“I know for a fact he never contacted me or my office,” said Hochstein, who at the time worked closely with Biden as special envoy and coordinator for international energy affairs. “I provided every record to the Senate investigation, and no mention of this guy was ever made, no emails, no correspondence. I know almost every player in the energy sector in Ukraine. I never met this guy.”

Carpenter said that the vice president wouldn’t have had a meeting with a company executive. “He was the vice president of the United States,” he said. “He met with prime ministers.”

This does not exclude the possibility that Biden briefly shook hands and chatted with Pozharskyi during a public event. Hunter Biden, for instance, helped arrange for a potential business partner, Jonathan Li, to shake hands with his father in the lobby of a Beijing hotel when the vice president made an official trip to China.

Pozharskyi, in the April 17 email, mentions that he spoke to Hunter “yesterday evening.” At the request of The Fact Checker, a Biden aide reviewed Biden’s schedule for April 16, 2015. The vice president gave remarks at the White House Greek Independence Day Reception, between 5 and 6 p.m., and then spoke to the Congressional Fire Services Institute Gala, from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m., the aide said.

What does Hunter Biden say?

Asked to verify whether the email is genuine, Hunter Biden’s attorney George Mesires told The Fact Checker: “We have no idea where this came from, and certainly cannot credit anything that Rudy Giuliani provided to the NY Post, but what I do know for certain is that this purported meeting never happened.”

Are there errors in the New York Post report?

A separate article, about another email, claims that a public relations company that worked for Burisma was allowed to take part in a conference call about an upcoming visit by Joe Biden to Ukraine. But there was nothing secret about this call, and the transcript was released publicly and posted on the White House website.

More broadly, the New York Post repeats the falsehood, advanced by Trump, that the “elder Biden pressured government officials in Ukraine into firing a prosecutor who was investigating the company.”

We have fact-checked this repeatedly. During President Barack Obama’s second term, Biden was in charge of the Ukraine portfolio, keeping in close touch with the country’s president, Petro Poroshenko. Biden’s brief was to sweet-talk and jawbone Poroshenko into making reforms that Ukraine’s Western benefactors wanted to see as part of Ukraine’s escape from Russia’s orbit. But the Americans saw an obstacle to reform in Viktor Shokin, the top Ukrainian prosecutor, whom the United States viewed as ineffective and beholden to Poroshenko and Ukraine’s corrupt oligarchs. In particular, Shokin had failed to pursue an investigation of the founder of Burisma, Mykola Zlochevsky.

The U.S. Embassy in Kyiv proposed that Biden, during his 2015 visit there, use a pending delivery of $1 billion of loan guarantees as leverage to force reform. Biden addressed the Ukrainian parliament, decrying the “cancer of corruption” in the country and criticizing the prosecutor’s office. During that visit, Biden privately told Poroshenko the loan guarantees would be withheld unless Shokin was replaced. After repeated calls and meetings between the two men over several months, Shokin was removed and the loan guarantees were provided.

ETA: Do I need to point out the obvious here? Trump has claimed Biden was partially responsible for Ukraine’s corruption (without evidence or explaining what that even means.) And this is his proof. Yet Shokin was slow playing the investigation, and Biden urged he be removed. That’s the exact opposite of what Trump is accusing Biden of! Hilarious & shows how ridiculous this whole thing is. The false claim put forth by Trump is Biden strong-armed the government of Ukraine to fire a prosecutor  investigating Burisma. Actually the United States government as a whole, along with other international actors, regarded Shokin as an impediment to anti-corruption reform efforts and wanted him gone.

Pavlo Klimkin, Ukrainian foreign minister from 2014 until Aug. 29, 2019, said that the firing of Shokin was universally urged by Ukraine’s benefactors. “The demand came not just from the U.S., and not just from Biden,” he said. “I heard it in every meeting with the international financial institutions, especially the IMF and World Bank. It was not just Biden. Clearly.”

Colin H. Kahl, Biden’s national security adviser at the time, told The Fact Checker that “our policy on corruption and Shokin in Ukraine kept getting tougher across 2015, so the whole theory of the case [in the New York Post] makes no sense.”

Why is this coming out now?

Good question. The FBI supposedly obtained the hard drive earlier this year from John MacIsaac, who said he owns the Wilmington Mac Shop.

MacIsaac told reporters on Wednesday that a MacBook laptop was dropped off at his shop in Wilmington, Del., in April 2019. MacIsaac, who said he was legally blind, said that he was almost certain that it was Hunter Biden who dropped off the computer. He said that he made several attempts to get in touch with Hunter Biden but the equipment was still in his hands 90 days after it had been left there, and he said that he became curious about what he’d seen.

He made a copy of the hard drive and gave it to Giuliani. This past weekend, Giuliani passed a copy to the New York Post. But presumably the laptop would have been of use to the year-long Senate investigation, which found no wrongdoing by Biden.

As Giuliani has sought to locate information about Hunter Biden and Ukraine, he has regularly interacted with a Ukrainian lawmaker who was recently sanctioned by the U.S. Treasury Department as being an “active Russian agent for over a decade” and was engaged in an influence operation to affect the 2020 election. Those interactions have given rise to fears that the emails could be part of a broader disinformation campaign.

What are the odds former Democrat advisor George Stephanopoulos doesn’t ask Biden to explain himself about the Hunter emails on ABC tonight? 
Explain himself?  He isn’t implicated in the emails.

It also seems the odds should be low that a candidate would be questioned about such an unverified and poorly sourced reporting about his son.

What are the odds former Democrat advisor George Stephanopoulos doesn’t ask Biden to explain himself about the Hunter emails on ABC tonight? 
Maybe he could explain how getting a prosecutor fired bc he was slow rolling the investigation into Burisma lines up with Trump’s claims this proves...wait, we’re trying to prove Biden was corrupt. But he was urging the Ukrainian government to get another prosecution who would get serious about corruption.

“WTF ordered this stuff up? Rudy?!! Geesh he’s knows I don’t read the stuff he sends me!”

Maybe he could explain how getting a prosecutor fired bc he was slow rolling the investigation into Burisma lines up with Trump’s claims this proves...wait, we’re trying to prove Biden was corrupt. But he was urging the Ukrainian government to get another prosecution who would get serious about corruption.

“WTF ordered this stuff up? Rudy?!! Geesh he’s knows I don’t read the stuff he sends me!”
Hell...all he has to do is reference the GOP investigation that had to admit there was nothing showing Biden was influenced at all by his son being on the board and that he was furthering official US policy.

I REALLY don't want to get into a lot of back and forth on this because it has been part of my Real life day but I would like to offer this and you guys can take it as you will. 

Red areas in question:

-He is legally blind and stated that he would not be able to pick out of a lineup so he concedes that he is relying on what was told and signed for (when the person who drops it off fills out the paperwork, agreement, etc.

-He says he was told "people who don't talk never get hurt". Sounds like movie stuff but would any of us think in today's world that something this potentially important might not place you in the crosshairs of danger?

-There is a chain of custody showing movement of the item. 

-Same as first point because he is legally blind but the form of the person declaring who owned it is what he bases this on. 

-This isn't really curious when you consider it. If any of us owned a shop and, say Tom Brady brought his laptop in and then never claimed it, don't you think any of us would say "let's see what is in this bad boy?"  Keep in mind, under the standard agreement, any equipment not picked up and paid for within 90 days of being notified it is repaired and ready is considered abandoned property and legally belongs to the shop. at that point, it is yours and you have every right to take it home and use it any way you want.  But somebody just gave you Tom Brady's laptop.  Are you telling me any of us wouldn't fire that up? Now in this case it just happens to be a laptop owned by the son of the man running for president. And we know the whole recent emails in politics issues.  I can't imagine anyone would be able to resist looking. 

-Classic Red Herring. Instead of doing what you would expect and outwardly denying things and offering to provide their calendars and things that would show the truth (or for the 'journalists' to start digging and making calls, etc, in stead we had a lid on the day before 10am and the issue went from "the story" to "hey! how did you get that?"  It may be nothing but it is curious, at least, as to how they responded.  ----- I would say the government was concerned because this is potentially a very very big deal and misuse in power and any time you have money exchanging hands and foreign powers it automatically triggers due diligence to rule out treason, terrorism, sabotage, etc. 

In an earlier post, @BobbyLayne mentioned metadata and the ability to trace these things. This prompts me to think that this tells us one of two things when you consider that this a computer repair shop and you KNOW the owner absolutely knows about metadata and tracing; either 1) This is manufactured and is nothing or all OR 2)This is absolutely spot on and is a slam dunk truth because computer guys know you aren't going to do what is akin to a photoshop hoax and fool people on this.  The federal government certainly has the sophisticated means to know very quickly "Is this real or made up".

It will come up. the only question is whether it will be wife balled and dismissed as soon as he says "c'mon man, that's all malarky".

It also seems the odds should be low that a candidate would be questioned about such an unverified and poorly sourced reporting about his son.
Big pop most certainly is implicated by Hunter.

This is getting a very Steve Scully feel here.

Big pop most certainly is implicated by Hunter.

This is getting a very Steve Scully feel here.
He had already answered the only supposed implication that a meeting was set up.  A meeting that there is no evidence  that it actually took place.  And as I said, there has already been a GOP investigation into Joe Biden and Ukraine relating to his son...with no wrongdoing shown.

The FBI has had the laptop for over a year...and nothing has come from it.  But now, weeks before the election, Rudy of all people is cracking the case?

And you all find that reasonable and believable?

The Scully feel?  You mean a benign tweet that none of you could actually explain what was bad about it?

I REALLY don't want to get into a lot of back and forth on this because it has been part of my Real life day but I would like to offer this and you guys can take it as you will. 

Red areas in question:

-He is legally blind and stated that he would not be able to pick out of a lineup so he concedes that he is relying on what was told and signed for (when the person who drops it off fills out the paperwork, agreement, etc.

-He says he was told "people who don't talk never get hurt". Sounds like movie stuff but would any of us think in today's world that something this potentially important might not place you in the crosshairs of danger?

-There is a chain of custody showing movement of the item. 

-Same as first point because he is legally blind but the form of the person declaring who owned it is what he bases this on. 

-This isn't really curious when you consider it. If any of us owned a shop and, say Tom Brady brought his laptop in and then never claimed it, don't you think any of us would say "let's see what is in this bad boy?"  Keep in mind, under the standard agreement, any equipment not picked up and paid for within 90 days of being notified it is repaired and ready is considered abandoned property and legally belongs to the shop. at that point, it is yours and you have every right to take it home and use it any way you want.  But somebody just gave you Tom Brady's laptop.  Are you telling me any of us wouldn't fire that up? Now in this case it just happens to be a laptop owned by the son of the man running for president. And we know the whole recent emails in politics issues.  I can't imagine anyone would be able to resist looking. 

-Classic Red Herring. Instead of doing what you would expect and outwardly denying things and offering to provide their calendars and things that would show the truth (or for the 'journalists' to start digging and making calls, etc, in stead we had a lid on the day before 10am and the issue went from "the story" to "hey! how did you get that?"  It may be nothing but it is curious, at least, as to how they responded.  ----- I would say the government was concerned because this is potentially a very very big deal and misuse in power and any time you have money exchanging hands and foreign powers it automatically triggers due diligence to rule out treason, terrorism, sabotage, etc. 

In an earlier post, @BobbyLayne mentioned metadata and the ability to trace these things. This prompts me to think that this tells us one of two things when you consider that this a computer repair shop and you KNOW the owner absolutely knows about metadata and tracing; either 1) This is manufactured and is nothing or all OR 2)This is absolutely spot on and is a slam dunk truth because computer guys know you aren't going to do what is akin to a photoshop hoax and fool people on this.  The federal government certainly has the sophisticated means to know very quickly "Is this real or made up".
Wait a minute.  Assume I have a laptop with info I really don't want in the public sphere:

(1) I'm not bringing it to be repaired by someone I don't know.  Most likely, I'm destroying it. 

(2) I'm certainly not forgetting it.

This doesn't make any sense. Provenance of the laptop is important because if you can't demonstrate a reasonable origin, then you would have to assume the rest is 100% fabricated.

Wait a minute.  Assume I have a laptop with info I really don't want in the public sphere:

(1) I'm not bringing it to be repaired by someone I don't know.  Most likely, I'm destroying it. 

This doesn't make any sense. Provenance of the laptop is important because if you can't demonstrate a reasonable origin, then you would have to assume the rest is 100% fabricated.
How often do you use crack? 

I am NOT trying to make light or make fun of Hunter Biden's addiction BUT I'll just leave it at "I don't think it is outside the realm of possibility to think that he may have been in a bad place and simply could not remember what happened to the laptop. If anything, that might explain why it was never picked up. Is that a crazy thought?  I mean, otherwise, I'm with you. If i have that kind of stuff on a laptop, Im putting it in a safe or something but if I am not completely in a good place and under drug influence, maybe I make a mistake.  

The second part is simple. There are SO many ways to prove where these laptops come from..Like I said earlier, it is easier 150% false or 150% slam drunk truth because they can do things tracing data, history of texts, emails, look at what ISP you were on three years ago when you sent a message. 

I don't know if you own or have owned a MacBook pro (i actually am right now), the texting app is integrated seamlessly through Apple. I can text you on my phone and then walk to my MacBook and your reply will come through on my MacBook, along with everything I texted you.  I can go look three years from now and search my MacBook Pro and even though I sent the text on my phone, there is a timestamped transcript I can pull up showing me our entire conversation.  

I often joke "if you're a guy or gal that cheats on your significant other, you better not being using a MacBook Pro or Apple products in general because that stuff is ALL right there in front of you.  

It's weird that after listening to audio of Trump admitting he played down the seriousness of Covid-19, people aren't more angry about son of Biden, some company Burisma?.....emails, Ukraine.....something.....prosecutor..... :yawn:

I am NOT trying to make light or make fun of Hunter Biden's addiction BUT I'll just leave it at "I don't think it is outside the realm of possibility to think that he may have been in a bad place and simply could not remember what happened to the laptop. If anything, that might explain why it was never picked up. Is that a crazy thought?  I mean, otherwise, I'm with you. If i have that kind of stuff on a laptop, Im putting it in a safe or something but if I am not completely in a good place and under drug influence, maybe I make a mistake.  

The second part is simple. There are SO many ways to prove where these laptops come from..Like I said earlier, it is easier 150% false or 150% slam drunk truth because they can do things tracing data, history of texts, emails, look at what ISP you were on three years ago when you sent a message. 

I don't know if you own or have owned a MacBook pro (i actually am right now), the texting app is integrated seamlessly through Apple. I can text you on my phone and then walk to my MacBook and your reply will come through on my MacBook, along with everything I texted you.  I can go look three years from now and search my MacBook Pro and even though I sent the text on my phone, there is a timestamped transcript I can pull up showing me our entire conversation.  

I often joke "if you're a guy or gal that cheats on your significant other, you better not being using a MacBook Pro or Apple products in general because that stuff is ALL right there in front of you.  
For real, my wife’s friend caught her husband by his texts popping up on his at home. 😬😂

He had already answered the only supposed implication that a meeting was set up.  A meeting that there is no evidence  that it actually took place.  And as I said, there has already been a GOP investigation into Joe Biden and Ukraine relating to his son...with no wrongdoing shown.

The FBI has had the laptop for over a year...and nothing has come from it.  But now, weeks before the election, Rudy of all people is cracking the case?

And you all find that reasonable and believable?

The Scully feel?  You mean a benign tweet that none of you could actually explain what was bad about it?
Slow down, give other posters a chance to post. 

How often do you use crack? 

Do we know Hunter was on teh crack in April 2019?

Do we know Hunter was on teh crack in April 2019?
I do NOT know his recovery plan, no. Very fair question. I offered that as a possibility and your question may explain why that wouldn't be the case. I don't know. And I don't want to simplify and it and say something like "maybe he's just not smart, wasn't thinking, told one of his people to take a bunch of laptops to get fixed and the grabbed the wrong one, one of his 'people' stole it, etc, etc,". Who knows?  

I think it is fair to say, though, that many many times in life we find that the reasons people rationalize the things they do in life do not pass the reasonable and logical test we get to analyze after the fact. Truth is stranger than fiction sometimes. And, to be fair, these are, again, just thoughts that popped up and that was the first but it could be none of the above. We will see. 

What’s Biden talking about work the handouts that he keeps changing the amounts and mumbling? The young man seems disappointed with the “answer”. 

What’s Biden talking about work the handouts that he keeps changing the amounts and mumbling? The young man seems disappointed with the “answer”. 
I wonder how Biden will fair in with a special council that is impowered to find the crime before the charge.  

This Biden town hall is a mess. 

Stephanopoulos: “Hey you won’t answer the court packing question.”

Biden: ”The is the game Trump is playing!”

What?  :lmao:

Seriously...the excuse to major questions about this story is that Hunter was probably on crack when he took the laptop in?  Thats what some of you really are going with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread