What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Le'Veon Landing Spot Poll (1 Viewer)

Which team would benefit redraft FANTASY OWNERS THE BEST if Bell signed?

• Kansas City

Votes: 24 30.0%
  • Buffalo

Votes: 24 30.0%
  • Miami

Votes: 32 40.0%

• Total voters
No other teams listed as options? The Patriots engaged with the Jets this week about trading for Bell. BB wouldn't talk about Bell in a press conference today, toting the "I only talk about players on the roster" line. While Bell may not end up in NE, they certainly have been communicating back and forth with Bell and his agent. BB has a rule about talks with players potentially signing in NE . . . you don't disclose that you are talking to the Patriots. So while Bell may be said to have narrowed things down to the Bills, Chiefs, and Dolphins, that may be what he is saying publicly. I don't think ultimately he will sign in NE, but there is a greater than 0% chance that he could.

No other teams listed as options? The Patriots engaged with the Jets this week about trading for Bell. BB wouldn't talk about Bell in a press conference today, toting the "I only talk about players on the roster" line. While Bell may not end up in NE, they certainly have been communicating back and forth with Bell and his agent. BB has a rule about talks with players potentially signing in NE . . . you don't disclose that you are talking to the Patriots. So while Bell may be said to have narrowed things down to the Bills, Chiefs, and Dolphins, that may be what he is saying publicly. I don't think ultimately he will sign in NE, but there is a greater than 0% chance that he could.
Was going to put an "other" but I think it ultimately comes down to those 3 teams.  While it certainly isn't 0%, would you have voted for the Patriots as your choice over the other 3?

Was going to put an "other" but I think it ultimately comes down to those 3 teams.  While it certainly isn't 0%, would you have voted for the Patriots as your choice over the other 3?
Maybe, maybe not. I don't think any of those 3 teams (or NE) is a great fit for both sides for a number of reasons. I also don't think Bell will move the needle much for any of those teams either, so I haven't really given his future destination a lot of thought. I think a lot of NFL coaches might prefer if Bell signed in KC. Any rush by, or short dump off to, Bell is one more play defenses can keep in front of them. Defensive coordinators have nightmares about KC guys getting behind them for length of the field plays. Bell is not that kind of threat. I am not convinced the KC OL is good enough to open up a lot of holes for him, so I think he would not make that much of an impact. Put another way, the Chiefs could throw dump off passes to their RBs whenever they want as it is. Defenses are trying to take away longer routes. So IMO, Bell in KC wouldn't change much.

Maybe, maybe not. I don't think any of those 3 teams (or NE) is a great fit for both sides for a number of reasons. I also don't think Bell will move the needle much for any of those teams either, so I haven't really given his future destination a lot of thought. I think a lot of NFL coaches might prefer if Bell signed in KC. Any rush by, or short dump off to, Bell is one more play defenses can keep in front of them. Defensive coordinators have nightmares about KC guys getting behind them for length of the field plays. Bell is not that kind of threat. I am not convinced the KC OL is good enough to open up a lot of holes for him, so I think he would not make that much of an impact. Put another way, the Chiefs could throw dump off passes to their RBs whenever they want as it is. Defenses are trying to take away longer routes. So IMO, Bell in KC wouldn't change much.
haha while I appreciate and respect those opinions, that's not really what the poll is asking.  It's simply predicting which of those three teams he will go to and what would be best for fantasy.  If you think New England would be your pick of destinations with a gun to your head, I'll add it.  But I am pretty sure you wouldn't pick the Pats if you were forced to pick one of the 32 teams he will sign with.

I went MIA, MIA here.

I think he will stay where it's warm, expectations are low, and he could probably walk in and assume the lead RB role almost immediately.

Also, it actually could be the most appealing long term to him.

FWIW - Just saw a snippet from Mahomes presser today, a reporter asked him for his "sales pitch" to Bell, and Mahomes had zero interest in entertaining that... "I'll leave that to the GM and work with whoever is here in this locker room."

Last edited by a moderator:
It's too bad he can't try out all the teams and play for Miami this week, Buffalo next week, and KC the week after.

He'd get 3 straight games against the Jets.
Along those lines, I saw something about him wanting to play against his  former teams. Is this what would motivate Tatum Bell?  I'm sorry, is this what would motivate Le'Veon Bell?

I find the results quite surprising so far.  KC overwhelming lead for where people think he will go, yet the lowest for his fantasy stats.  This implies most people think he values Winning over Opportunity.  Even though lots of reports are the opposite.

Bell sure seems like he’s all about the money. I’ll assume he goes with the highest offer. Kc would be his smartest option if he actually wants to win a Super Bowl. Buffalo definitely has a chance but imo they are not on the same level as kc. 

Bell sure seems like he’s all about the money. I’ll assume he goes with the highest offer. Kc would be his smartest option if he actually wants to win a Super Bowl. Buffalo definitely has a chance but imo they are not on the same level as kc. 
I don't think it will be about this year's money.  Also don't think the SB is as high on his list as people say.  I think his decision will primarily be based on where he can show his skills the most, rack up the best stats, in order for him to make the most money NEXT year.

@Dizzy makes a good point about Miami being a fit long term for him too.  I could see him signing there next year too for many reasons (Warmth, Likes the city, Jets revenge, Chance to win, Clear shot to be the main guy on an up and coming team)

I believe the Jets paid Bell $27.5 million and still have to pay him $6 million for the rest of this season (not that sure if that is included in the first number or not). Either way, Bell can pretty much go wherever he wants to play out the season and his new team can thank the Jets for paying him a boatload of money already.

I don't think it will be about this year's money.  Also don't think the SB is as high on his list as people say.  I think his decision will primarily be based on where he can show his skills the most, rack up the best stats, in order for him to make the most money NEXT year.

@Dizzy makes a good point about Miami being a fit long term for him too.  I could see him signing there next year too for many reasons (Warmth, Likes the city, Jets revenge, Chance to win, Clear shot to be the main guy on an up and coming team)

I believe the Jets paid Bell $27.5 million and still have to pay him $6 million for the rest of this season (not that sure if that is included in the first number or not). Either way, Bell can pretty much go wherever he wants to play out the season and his new team can thank the Jets for paying him a boatload of money already.
Very good points. Obviously I didn’t have knowledge of the contract situation but I still think he goes where he’s paid the highest. Miami would be a great spot to get the most touches. Especially with the incoming tua. I actually happen to like Miami as a team long term as well. With the two wild card spots I could see playoffs in the near future. Let’s face it though. Bell isn’t the brightest rb out there. We all knew the jets were a terrible spot when he left Pitt. He took the money then and will probaly take the money again even if it is only slightly better. If I’m an aging rb and the chiefs offer me a deal (especially after that jets contract) I’m signing and playing for the championship. I’m not sure there’s much to think about for him unless money is the deciding factor. 

Very good points. Obviously I didn’t have knowledge of the contract situation but I still think he goes where he’s paid the highest. Miami would be a great spot to get the most touches. Especially with the incoming tua. I actually happen to like Miami as a team long term as well. With the two wild card spots I could see playoffs in the near future. Let’s face it though. Bell isn’t the brightest rb out there. We all knew the jets were a terrible spot when he left Pitt. He took the money then and will probaly take the money again even if it is only slightly better. If I’m an aging rb and the chiefs offer me a deal (especially after that jets contract) I’m signing and playing for the championship. I’m not sure there’s much to think about for him unless money is the deciding factor. 
From what I have heard from the so called experts and talking heads, Bell would most likely be content with his money from the Jets and should sign for low dollars somewhere just for the remainder of this season. So he should find a spot where he could compete for a ring, show that he can still play, and field offers from across the league as a free agent for 2021 and beyond. The issue is too many teams are mostly set at RB, not many will have the money and cap room available at this point in the season, and Bell would likely have to settle for a below market deal in a less than ideal situation mid-week in the middle of a season.

If he wants what he thought he was worth in his hold out and pre-Jets days, he will end up disappointed again. But he should be in better position to get a multi-year deal with guaranteed money in the off season, that would most likely be a better situation than whatever offers he is getting now and what he will sign for today or tomorrow (or whenever he signs this week).

From what I have heard from the so called experts and talking heads, Bell would most likely be content with his money from the Jets and should sign for low dollars somewhere just for the remainder of this season. So he should find a spot where he could compete for a ring, show that he can still play, and field offers from across the league as a free agent for 2021 and beyond. The issue is too many teams are mostly set at RB, not many will have the money and cap room available at this point in the season, and Bell would likely have to settle for a below market deal in a less than ideal situation mid-week in the middle of a season.

If he wants what he thought he was worth in his hold out and pre-Jets days, he will end up disappointed again. But he should be in better position to get a multi-year deal with guaranteed money in the off season, that would most likely be a better situation than whatever offers he is getting now and what he will sign for today or tomorrow (or whenever he signs this week).
He's now down to KC and Miami.

He's now down to KC and Miami.
I would be surprised if he signed for more than the rest of this season, no matter which team it is,  unless the Dolphins want to pony up a lot of guaranteed money to keep him for multiple seasons (which may not even be advisable at this point until he shows he is the player he was 5 years ago).

Reported that Miami has offered the most money.

More Money
More attractive City for him
More stats for bigger future deal
Possible long term deal
Gets to be 'the man'

the ONLY reason he would go to KC would be for a ring?  I don't think he cares about the ring over the above things.

I would be surprised if he signed for more than the rest of this season, no matter which team it is,  unless the Dolphins want to pony up a lot of guaranteed money to keep him for multiple seasons (which may not even be advisable at this point until he shows he is the player he was 5 years ago).
He won't sign  long term right now, but in the offseason if things go good in Miami I can see a mutual benefit to him signing long term there.

Can't believe I'm saying this after decades of New England reigning high above the AFC East, but are we all sleeping on the Phins in 2020? They just put the wood to the NFC's Super Bowl team from 2019. Maybe too quick to assume it would be the Bills scratching to become to new leader of the Eastern pack?

KC  makes the most sense for winning, and also for production. weakest competition of the 3 teams, though Bell as an early down back & Singletary/Moss as breather/3rd down backs makes the most sense from a RL football standpoint. 

Can't believe I'm saying this after decades of New England reigning high above the AFC East, but are we all sleeping on the Phins in 2020? They just put the wood to the NFC's Super Bowl team from 2019. Maybe too quick to assume it would be the Bills scratching to become to new leader of the Eastern pack?
No. They put the wood on whatever bunch of bus stop homeless people my Niners went out and gathered up to play LB and secondary, with a gimpy QB. 

Not dismissing Miami - they're a better than expected team. But this is bad logic to make your case. If they played the "NFC Super Bowl Team from 2019" they'd get taken behind the woodshed. They played a C-Squad niners defense without Bosa, Sherman, etc. 

That team the Dolphins played last game didn’t resemble the SB team.  

They put the wood on a team with massive injuries. I posted in the other Bell thread that IMO, MIA is likely a 7-9 team. There could be 9 teams in the AFC with 9 or more wins (KC, PIT, BAL, TEN, CLE, BUF, NE, IND, and LV). I'm not so sure this year won't be the Patriots again in the AFCE. If the Bills lose to the Chiefs and the Pats beat the Broncos, the Bills and Pats will be tied with 2 losses. NE lost to the Seahawks by a yard and would have stood an excellent chance of beating the Chiefs if Cam had played. Bottom line, I don't think NE is dead and buried, I am not totally sold that the Bills have fully turned the corner, and I still see the Dolphins as a decent amount behind BUF and NE this year.

We'll see. First 2-3 weeks in 2020 were basically pre-season scrambles. Things rounding into shape now and BAL looks to have taken a step back. PIT always one Big Ben sack away from fading away with a backup. IND going nowhere with Philip Rivers.

A lot of football to be played out.

I am not totally sold that the Bills have fully turned the corner,
I was almost convinced until Josh Allen 1.0 showed up & threw inaccurately, behind receivers, and made some silly panicky plays that predictably resulted in interceptions. But they are close. Diggs was a huge get for them. 

I agree mostly for sure. Def some more good points here. Only thing I can think of to broaden the prospective would be the competing class of fa rbs. Which, if I’m not mistaken is pretty good. Which helped lead me to the idea that he would sign for the money yet again. Seeing as though Pitt actually made him an offer he obviously has something left in the tank as I believe they wouldn’t have done that if he didn’t. Therefore I wouldn’t be surprised if he signs a deal for a little more than just this year or at lest double dip and grab what he has coming from the jets and whatever someone else will offer him. Idk. I’m looking forward to seeing what happens for sure. 

Users who are viewing this thread