What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Hacksmith Industries Engineers Working Lightsaber (1 Viewer)

Sort of cool but not really there yet. Mr. Stormtrooper please just stand there for a minute while I slowly stick this through you. Melting the wall and taking a minute to slowly cut through aluminum siding was a wee bit underwhelming. It’s a big blow torch and I think every Jedi armed with it dies in the first 5 minutes of the battle.

Still cool but again, it’s a big blowtorch, which tends to not be a great weapon against guns/blasters.

Anybody remember when Boba Fett's action figure featured a firing bullet backpack? And then they stopped making it because kids were swallowing it? (Yum!)

Figured this is the place of any to ask that. 

Anybody remember when Boba Fett's action figure featured a firing bullet backpack? And then they stopped making it because kids were swallowing it? (Yum!)

Figured this is the place of any to ask that. 
I had one and my idiot parents sent it back. There was some promotion where if you sent it back you got a new Boba Fett and 1 or 2 other minor POS characters no one wanted.

I had one and my idiot parents sent it back. There was some promotion where if you sent it back you got a new Boba Fett and 1 or 2 other minor POS characters no one wanted.
I still have the 18” Boba Fett and the box and the little one from way back when. I think I got the mini one after the shooting one was pulled.

I sent in for the free Boba Fett action figure.  It required sending in 4 proofs of purchase.  It was supposed arrive in 6-8 weeks.  It probably ended up taking 6-8 months to arrive because they had to produce new ones without a working rocket launcher.  It felt like it took 6-8 years to arrive.

I sent in for the free Boba Fett action figure.  It required sending in 4 proofs of purchase.  It was supposed arrive in 6-8 weeks.  It probably ended up taking 6-8 months to arrive because they had to produce new ones without a working rocket launcher.  It felt like it took 6-8 years to arrive.
All of this yes. Same here. 

I think some of you may be mis-remembering your rocket fired Boba Fetts.

Link

"To date there are believed to be 19 J slot Fetts in existence.  A small tab was added to the slot which was designed to prevent the accidental discharge of the rocket.  However, this led to a new problem as the plastic tab was very brittle.  Many of the J slot Fetts have snapped tabs which leaves a sharp edge.  Not only is this dangerous to little fingers, it was also possible that the plastic could work its way into the firing mechanism and potentially be a flying hazard.

The Rocket Firing Fett did not make it passed this stage.  No Rocket Firing Fetts were sent in mailaways or sent to retail as carded figures.  There is an example of a carded Rocket Firing Fett but this is a salesman’s mock-up example which was taken to a toy fair.  The Rocket Firing mechanism had already been scrapped by this point and stickers were being applied to the 20c cardbacks which had not went to stores.  For children who had collected their proofs of purchase and wanting to claim their free Fett, they received the standard Fett together with an apology notice from Kenner explaining the reasons for the change."

Users who are viewing this thread