What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 6 - Colts Multiple Positive Tests/Facility Shutdown (1 Viewer)

Via Schefter, didn't see it anywhere else here:

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1317058222621138951

Colts have shut down facility and are just going through process of confirming the tests. More to come later today...
>>Sunday’s Colts game against Cincinnati is obviously in jeopardy. Does not appear to be a one-off in this situation, but instead multiple positive COVID tests. Unless it’s a false positive scenario, I don’t like where this is going.<<

https://mobile.twitter.com/HolderStephen/status/1317063887775277056

The number of daily new cases in Indiana (and other places) has increased. On Oct 13, Indiana reached a new high of 23.6 cases per 100k, double the rate of Aug 1. So, players and staff need to be even more cautious than before. The positivity rate was 7.2%, which meets minimum WHO standards, but testing needs to be expanded to identify and isolate new cases.

https://covidactnow.org/us/in/?s=1154277

Last edited by a moderator:
So we are looking at possibly:

Vikings-Falcons

Colts-Bengals

Steelers-Browns

???
odell is likely just sick not covid. they may keep him out sunday but if he isnt testing positive they're going to play the game. possibly same way with AP and the lions where the sick player sits but the game goes on.

Odell left practice with an illness and they just played the Colts last Sunday...
Yep.  I wouldn't be surprised if the Steelers-Browns game gets moved.
Scott Petrak ct@ScottPetrak

No positive coronavirus tests for #Browns from Thursday’s testing, including Odell Beckham Jr., who was sent home will illness

-------------------------

Mary Kay Cabot@MaryKayCabot

Odell Beckham Jr. tested negative today for COVID-19 after being sent home on Thursday. All others did too, and the #Browns facility is open despite the #Colts closing their after several positive tests

Now they're saying they're expecting to play. 

It's just remarkable how there seems to be no rhyme nor reason to how they cancel or move games. 

It's just remarkable how there seems to be no rhyme nor reason to how they cancel or move games. 
They closed the facility with the possibility of FOUR cases until they could confirm.
The game remains on, and facility re-opened,  because they were false positives
How is that no rhyme or reason? Seems pretty reasonable.

They closed the facility with the possibility of FOUR cases until they could confirm.
The game remains on, and facility re-opened,  because they were false positives
How is that no rhyme or reason? Seems pretty reasonable.
It’s the timing that I take issue with.

they take a test. It’s positive. they shut down. Ok, good.

they take a 2nd test. It’s negative. Yay! They open back up. 

seems like they’d have to take multiple negative tests on subsequent days to be in the clear. This was the standard for other teams but not here. 

That’s the inconsistency that concerns me, and it isn’t very reasonable. Sounds more like believing the result that allows them to play. 

I’m happy the game will get played, but I question their approach. It is not very science-based. 

Sure, there's lot of gray area in this mess.I was not aware there were others who didn't accept the finding of false positive for days. I thought Stafford, for example, was allowed back right away
Still, given that there were four positives, all followed by negatives, seems like that should add confidence vs just one person who tested one way and then the other.

seems like they’d have to take multiple negative tests on subsequent days to be in the clear. This was the standard for other teams but not here. 
I think this is the requirement after a confirmed positive test (no source, just my understanding of the Titans, for example)

I think this is the requirement after a confirmed positive test (no source, just my understanding of the Titans, for example)
I believe you're correct. But isn't a positive test is considered confirmed positive? Or do they have to pop positive multiple times to be "confirmed"?

I would think they would have to test negative multiple times to get cleared. And IIRC, the NFL is using one of the least accurate tests. 

I think one positive test is a "presumptive positive" and they immediately do another one (not sure if it's the same test technique).  That leads to either "confirmed positive" or "false positive".

Maybe they should do best 2 out of 3?

I think much of the problem is the quick announcements that people run with before they really know what is happening.  Everyone hears four positives and become chicken little with the sky is falling but then they finish the protocol testing and comes back as false positives but by then the cat is out of the bag and nobody really knows what is going on.

1) We often don't know the person(s) involved due to HIPAA rules

2) They have access to the contact-tracing data, we don't

So it seems arbitrary to us, but, their handling might actually be reasonable and scientifically valid. But from the public's perspective, it certainly isn't predictable since we don't have all that info.

So it seems arbitrary to us, but, their handling might actually be reasonable and scientifically valid. But from the public's perspective, it certainly isn't predictable since we don't have all that info.
This is what I was coming back to say. In trying to control spread, they are treating situations differently acc. to likelihood of being exposed to, and infecting, other people. The 2nd NE case (assuming positive is confirmed) does not sound like it is a player, so the path  could be different than if two players have tested positive.

It doesn't rhyme 😁
My bad. :)

odell is likely just sick not covid. they may keep him out sunday but if he isnt testing positive they're going to play the game. possibly same way with AP and the lions where the sick player sits but the game goes on.
maybe he just ate something crappy?

Users who are viewing this thread