What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Week 6*** Houston at Tennessee -3.5 (52.5) (1 Viewer)

I don’t like going for 2 either on the last TD. Kick the XP and force the Titans to be the ones to get both a TD and a 2 point conversion.
I don't have a problem with it.  There is going to be a 2 point conversion either way it's just a question of whether you want your offense or your defense to be attempting the 2.  I think overall the percentages slightly favor the defense but in a game where your defense is playing terribly and your offense is playing great I think there is plenty of margin for error there.

I'm not arguing against the math of going for 1 there, but when you've got a kicker who just missed 2 field goals.......shouldn't you be going for 2? Even if you make the PAT, you're going to be at a significant disadvantage in overtime.

I'm not arguing against the math of going for 1 there, but when you've got a kicker who just missed 2 field goals.......shouldn't you be going for 2? Even if you make the PAT, you're going to be at a significant disadvantage in overtime.
Yeah, but G has made a few big kicks in his career. Also this year.

I think Romeo was thinking about being down 7 and going for 2 and he got it confused with being up 7.

I continue to be amazed at teams constantly running the ball out of the end zone and getting tackled short of the 25. Virtually every single time. It’s crazy. Almost every single team in the NFL giving up free yards multiple times every week.

Stupid call by Romeo and that Brown play that could’ve gone either way and there was no stopping the Titans offense in OT. Houston was clearly worn out. 

It seems like the way this game ended completely vindicated Houston's decision to go for two.  They literally never saw the ball again after having their chance to win it.

Stupid call by Romeo and that Brown play that could’ve gone either way and there was no stopping the Titans offense in OT. Houston was clearly worn out. 
Nice to see them put up a fight. At least Romeo is showing why he should not be considered for the full time replacement. Team is good enough to squeeze out some wins the rest of the way so wouldn’t want that.

I mean, Romeo Crennel is all like "I don't think we can stop these guys -- I'll take a coin flip to win the game right now."  Houston goes on to not stop Tennessee the rest of the game.  And this means that Crennel was wrong somehow?  Seems spot-on to me.

It seems like the way this game ended completely vindicated Houston's decision to go for two.  They literally never saw the ball again after having their chance to win it.
HOU Defense only stops were turnovers and blocked kicks/missed FG. They only forced 1 punt the whole game.

Users who are viewing this thread