What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Waiver Wire & FAAB Discussion prior to the Week 7 games (1 Viewer)

JaMycal Hasty RB San Francisco 

The 49ers relied on him down the stretch over JET after Mostert reaggravated his ankle injury. The 49ers have some tough matchups ahead and it's hard to say how much time Raheem will miss and to know what Shanahan will do from game to game but JaM could be worth an add. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Tim Patrick continues to be productive.

Keelan Cole is lightly held (29%) relative to his consistency.  

Pending tonight’s results - highly favorable matchup - Christian Kirk has 12 targets the last two games.

Overall, not a lot to burn a significant FAAB chunk or waiver priority this week. 
Agreed. Probably a serviceable QB out there to cover a bye if you’re only carrying one.

In advance of Watson’s WK 8, I’m looking at Ryan, Jimmy G, Rivers or Cousins (NOTE - only week 8 matchups, don’t care about ROS.)

Other than that, my only other move will be dropping Ingram for a mouth breather. Few long shot lotto RBs to choose from. He is completely worthless in all formats even when healthy, especially in full PPR.

Gronk if he is still available in your league will probable be gone after this week (he was dropped after week 3 in mine). He looks to be getting back to his old self, though he looks like he is laboring on some of those RAC's. 

Gronk if he is still available in your league will probable be gone after this week (he was dropped after week 3 in mine). He looks to be getting back to his old self, though he looks like he is laboring on some of those RAC's. 
I picked Gronk off the wire to cover for byes. Hate to put him back on the wire as he's now expendable for me, but highly doubt there is a trade I can swing that involves him.

He does seem to be picking up the chemistry, and has a steady complement of weekly targets even when Brate is involved. 

I found this on page 2 if you needed another trailing indicator of disinterest in this weeks FA offerings.

The Miles Sanders, Zach Ertz, Raheem Moster, Joe Mixon injury replacements all seem kind of meh.

What do you guys think of Goedert. He can come back this week but I’m not sure he will. With Ertz out I do like his opportunity if he can see the field. 

What do you guys think of Goedert. He can come back this week but I’m not sure he will. With Ertz out I do like his opportunity if he can see the field. 
If he is on your wire, I would pounce whether he comes back this week or not. He will be the #1/2 target upon his return.

If he is on your wire, I would pounce whether he comes back this week or not. He will be the #1/2 target upon his return.
I think Goedert is a must add if you have the bench space...outside of Kelce & Kittle the TE position has been a week-to-week roll of the dice. 

In deeper leagues, with the usage Derrick Henry is getting, does Jeremy McNichols become an interesting handcuff stash?

It’s the Jets but I liked the way Perriman looked
Denzel Mims coming back soon too, might be worth an add although starting any Jets player not named Crowder takes some courage.

Demarcus Robinson playing ahead of Mecole Hardman is also notable, depending on the availability of Sammy Watkins. He is getting the targets and has chemistry with Mahomes.

I know Zeke is the man in Dallas, but between his proclivity to put the ball on the carpet, coupled with his lack of explosion and seemingly deteriorating skill set, I’d be all over Pollard in redraft (obviously rostered in dynasty leagues). He’s looked very good in two years of limited action and adds a needed dimension to the Cowboy O. 

If the Cowboys continue to fold, I can see them shutting Zeke down the last few games of the year. He could be a league winner weeks 14-17. 

I know Zeke is the man in Dallas, but between his proclivity to put the ball on the carpet, coupled with his lack of explosion and seemingly deteriorating skill set, I’d be all over Pollard in redraft (obviously rostered in dynasty leagues). He’s looked very good in two years of limited action and adds a needed dimension to the Cowboy O. 

If the Cowboys continue to fold, I can see them shutting Zeke down the last few games of the year. He could be a league winner weeks 14-17. 
My only issue is will this offense be good enough to support a handcuff RB coming in? This ain’t the 2018 Cowboys o-line and this ain’t the Dak led high scoring offense either.

Are either Boston Scott or JaMycal Hasty worth the #2 waiver priority?  I'm thin at RB.
I mean, yes, for short term consideration.

Scott will split with Clement, and Miles Sanders looks to return in a few weeks. So depending who you are giving up, if you need that few weeks' boost, there's that.

Hasty is less clear to me, at least -- he looked solid but with Jet McKinnon, Wilson, and Coleman set to return, that's a very crowded backfield. Hasty may provide the most juice, but it's less clear at this moment of time if Hasty is on the fast track to be a one-two punch with McKinnon, or how Coleman might figure into the mix.

If guys like McKissic or Swift are available -- RBs with clearer usage patterns and more regular utilization.

Scott will split with Clement, and Miles Sanders looks to return in a few weeks. So depending who you are giving up, if you need that few weeks' boost, there's that.

Hasty is less clear to me, at least -- he looked solid but with Jet McKinnon, Wilson, and Coleman set to return, that's a very crowded backfield. Hasty may provide the most juice, but it's less clear at this moment of time if Hasty is on the fast track to be a one-two punch with McKinnon, or how Coleman might figure into the mix.

If guys like McKissic or Swift are available -- RBs with clearer usage patterns and more regular utilization.
Among all those guys, I would jump on Swift and not think twice about it.

Are either Boston Scott or JaMycal Hasty worth the #2 waiver priority?  I'm thin at RB.
Eagles seemed very reluctant to give scott much of a workload in week 1 and I'm not sure that I've seen much since that suggests he would be the feature back.  It is the Giants, so he could have a decent game this week, but I don't see him as much of a long-term play, sadly.

Eagles seemed very reluctant to give scott much of a workload in week 1 and I'm not sure that I've seen much since that suggests he would be the feature back.  It is the Giants, so he could have a decent game this week, but I don't see him as much of a long-term play, sadly.
Looks like I'll just hang onto my waiver priority.  The available RBs just aren't worth it.  I'll be getting Cook back after this week, so I'm just gonna roll with Lindsay and Jamaal Williams (or Fournette if he's healthy) for one more week.  Thanks!

I might gamble on Tua

I lost Dak, Rodgers will do much better than he did in TB but the Red Rifle may need to go back on the wire and take a shot with someone who could be a huge factor 2nd half of the season. 

Overall, not a lot to burn a significant FAAB chunk or waiver priority this week. 
Yeah I had Cook on IR but now questionable with a Bye can't keep him on there and added Ertz to IR was hoping to have a spot without dropping. I got J Jackson and M Williams. Would like a Back up TE for Tonyan. Streaming Eagles D with Ravens on a bye

Would you gamble on Tua over, say, Minshew?
Big gamble. Minshew has one of the worst defenses in the league, so he'll get garbage points in almost every game and some running yards and TDs to boot. He's been consistent. Tua is a complete unknown with a better defense.  There is almost no video of him in practice, but that one laser pass and catch about 25 yards over the middle in a leaked video is encouraging. The early reports in camp were not good, but maybe he needed time.

davidwb said:
Would you gamble on Tua over, say, Minshew?
I have Minshew on my bench and will hopefully dump him for almost anyone.  I watched his last home game vs.one of the worst defenses out there and he looked totally lost. He has decent receivers but right now he is not there.  So yes, I would gamble on Tua if that is the choice.

Users who are viewing this thread