What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Waiver Wire & FAAB Discussion prior to the Week 7 games (1 Viewer)

zamboni said:
Among all those guys, I would jump on Swift and not think twice about it.
Yeah for sure. PFF has Lions ranked as the number 1 run blocking unit. Swift could be an RB1 from here out.

Justin Jackson could be on some wires.

He got picked up Saturday in my league out of free agency. As an Ekeler owner, who needs a start this week in the RB2 slot, trying to work a trade for him rather than hope for Boston Scott or Hasty.

To be fair, Peterson is one of the all time greats to wear a Lions uniform. Barry, Calvin, AP. He’s had some of his best runs in Ford Field. It would really be an insult to bench him for a rookie after all he has done for the franchise over the last 6 weeks.  
LOL - good points, although we know how stubborn many of these coaches can be. And also to be fair, Peterson has played pretty well - he just should be used to spell Swift, not the other way around.

LOL - good points, although we know how stubborn many of these coaches can be. And also to be fair, Peterson has played pretty well - he just should be used to spell Swift, not the other way around.
Yeah I was just kidding around. Peterson isn’t going away but I would hope Swift gets 60% of the touches moving forward and hopefully the high valued ones: targets and RZ

I have Minshew on my bench and will hopefully dump him for almost anyone.  I watched his last home game vs.one of the worst defenses out there and he looked totally lost. He has decent receivers but right now he is not there.  So yes, I would gamble on Tua if that is the choice.
Looked totally lost. Like they'd taken away his candy and eaten it right in front of him while he was all dressed up and trick or treating.

Okay, don't know what made me type that, but it was bad. 

Looked totally lost. Like they'd taken away his candy and eaten it right in front of him while he was all dressed up and trick or treating.

Okay, don't know what made me type that, but it was bad. 
Minshew was my bye week filler and got near the league average in fantasy points this week. Except for the game vs Miami, without Chark, he seems to be consistently average stat-wide. Is he really lost out there? 

Minshew was my bye week filler and got near the league average in fantasy points this week. Except for the game vs Miami, without Chark, he seems to be consistently average stat-wide. Is he really lost out there? 
It seems so. I think he's in garbage time mode in the third quarter or so, which would account for the average fantasy point totals. I mean, they were getting thumped by the Lions on Sunday. So part of his troubles are that he's playing with a limited amount of field with teams that know what's coming, which is on the defense and getting down so early, but the other part is that he's not really taking what they're giving him very well. He should be uber efficient against prevents.

So he does look lost to me out there, but I roster Chark all over and it especially pains me to see him open and just getting misfires or questionable arm strength throws that are underthrown. I'm admittedly a bit biased, but Minshew doesn't look good. Even his pocket awareness has take a step back. He steps up in the pocket more than he slides in it. He's also not the most aesthetically pleasing of QBs to watch. Everything seems like a labor. They had a graphic about first possessions by the Jaguars on the telecast Sunday. This is when everything is pretty much constant. It was a slew of three of outs with a turnover or two sprinkled in. Ugly. So small sample size caveat, but it may not be just the defensive adjustments at halftime or something like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Long Ball Larry said:
Eagles seemed very reluctant to give scott much of a workload in week 1 and I'm not sure that I've seen much since that suggests he would be the feature back.  It is the Giants, so he could have a decent game this week, but I don't see him as much of a long-term play, sadly.
Scott was my late round "ambulance chaser" pick this year based on how well he showed out end of last season. That required an alignment of the stars and being that fantasy relevant again would require something similar.

Yeah I was just kidding around. Peterson isn’t going away but I would hope Swift gets 60% of the touches moving forward and hopefully the high valued ones: targets and RZ
I want to pick up Swift this week but Lions RBs seem to find a way to disappoint.   

If he’s available, it’s hard to imagine a league small enough where he shouldn’t be add a imo. He has incredible potential rest of season. Lions line is playing really well and Swift is a really good RB prospect. 
It’s a small league with small benches.   Gordon was dropped last week and is available too.   Swift and Gordon will be picked up tomorrow when waivers run.   Small leagues with small benches create a different kind of challenge.  Lots of talent available on the wire and all ten teams are stacked.  I have to decide if dumping Gibson is worth Gordon or Swift.  

It’s a small league with small benches.   Gordon was dropped last week and is available too.   Swift and Gordon will be picked up tomorrow when waivers run.   Small leagues with small benches create a different kind of challenge.  Lots of talent available on the wire and all ten teams are stacked.  I have to decide if dumping Gibson is worth Gordon or Swift.  
I would put Gibson third among those 3

I'm not going to do in-depth like my last one but I will break down a few guys so here are my waiver guys for Week 7 in 3 tiers:

Regular picks

Boston Scott, Iggles RB - Sanders is going to miss reportedly 1-2 weeks so if you need a short term RB he should carry a decent-sized load; only RB competition is Corey Clement out there and you know Scott will get schemed screens.

JaMychal Hasty, Niners RB - This is really speculative. McKinnon was out-touched by Hasty 9-6, and Hasty closed the game out. However Jeff Wilson was inactive that game. If Wilson gets activated no guarantee Hasty would be heavily involved in the O. All I know is Mostert is out at least 3 weeks with a high ankle sprain and Coleman still isn't back yet, so there is an opportunity for Hasty.

"Your ### should've had them last week but whatever..."

Trey Burton, Colts TE - So in Week 4 and 5 he comes back, runs more routes and gets more targets immediately than Mo-Aile Cox, and gets gadget plays (used to be a QB in college). Remember, Doyle isn't really the MOVE TE in this Indy offense and that had been Mo-Aile's role when Burton was hurt. Now Cox is injured and missed Week 6... what did you think was going to happen with Burton? Indy is using him all over the field on limited 2019 Mark Andrews snap counts. Hope people in your league are dumb and nab him for cheap since Indy is on Bye. Even if Cox comes back in Week 8 Burton is used/targeted heavily enough to be an upside TE2.

Mike Williams, Chargers WR - If Anthony Lynn's game calling is going to be so predictable Justin Herbert has to constantly bomb on 2nd and 3rd down... I like the chances of Mike Williams coming down with a few of those. Chargers come off their Bye and face Jacksonville and Denver, and have a soft schedule down the stretch; his high aDot (20.1) makes him boom or bust but he's certainly not the worst WR3 you could use in a Flex spot and he should been picked up after the Saints game.

Dallas Goedert, Iggles TE - With Zach Ertz looking like the Ghost of Talented Tight Ends Past, I think there was a feeling Goedert if healthy would continue seeing the larger TE share he had before he was hurt. Now Ertz has a serious high ankle sprain and is headed to IR. Some people might go to Richard Rodgers but the smart money is if Goedert; if healthy he will be fed targets all day. Hope you didn't drop him the last couple of weeks or something...

J.D. McKissic, Football Team RB - It's starting to become noticeable that Antonio Gibson is used more in Neutral/Positive game script situations, while McKissic gets 3rd down work and plays a lot in hurry-up/negative game script (when the team is trailing). He's always going to see targets out of the backfield  (22 over the last 3 games) because Kyle Allen usually peppers his RB and TEs, but if he gets 5-8 carries too? Now you've got a solid Flex play there. The WFT plays Dallas this week in a clash for the ages; Kenyan Drake just lit them up and I think McKissic could put in a flex-worthy effort.

Deeper Dive: Nab them before the Rise (maybe?)

A.J. Green, Bengals WR - Hear me out on this. A.J. Green has definitely lost burst and separation so Zach Taylor changed the way Green was deployed, using him on a lot more slants and lining him up in the slot as a "Big Slot WR" (CeeDee Lamb for example). He caught a lot of 10 yard slants and curls, escaping the opposing teams' top CBs and winning with his size and ball skills. People went gaga over Tee Higgins line last week 81% snap share, 8 targets, 11.3 aDOT), but Green had a 79% snap count, 11 targets and more usage short and intermediate so he doesn't have to worry about separation. If Burrow continues to pass 40+ times a game, this offense can easily support Higgins/Boyd and a 3rd target. Why not A.J. Green?

Dynasty TE - Asiasi and Okwuegbunam are both on the wire in a contract league.  Hoping to stash one this week before a breakout. I don't think I have roster space for both.

FBG and a couple other sites have Asiasi ranked higher, but at least one (Dynasty Trade Calculator) has Okwu with a higher trade value. Looking for thoughts here, as I haven't seen much of either of them.

Two guys have landed on IR opening up the possibility that one or both INDY WRs who are filling-in 'could' pan out.

• Parris Campbell IR
  • Michael Pittman Jr. IR
Both on IR opening up a spot and Rivers isn't shy about targeting the guys who have been promoted.

Zach Pascal AND Marcus Johnson had nice games last week.

They 'should' be available in most leagues/formats.

👉  MARCUS JOHNSON EMERGING WHEN COLTS NEED IT  👈

I'm not going to do in-depth like my last one but I will break down a few guys so here are my waiver guys for Week 7 in 3 tiers:

Regular picks

Boston Scott, Iggles RB - Sanders is going to miss reportedly 1-2 weeks so if you need a short term RB he should carry a decent-sized load; only RB competition is Corey Clement out there and you know Scott will get schemed screens.

JaMychal Hasty, Niners RB - This is really speculative. McKinnon was out-touched by Hasty 9-6, and Hasty closed the game out. However Jeff Wilson was inactive that game. If Wilson gets activated no guarantee Hasty would be heavily involved in the O. All I know is Mostert is out at least 3 weeks with a high ankle sprain and Coleman still isn't back yet, so there is an opportunity for Hasty.

Trey Burton, Colts TE - So in Week 4 and 5 he comes back, runs more routes and gets more targets immediately than Mo-Aile Cox, and gets gadget plays (used to be a QB in college). Remember, Doyle isn't really the MOVE TE in this Indy offense and that had been Mo-Aile's role when Burton was hurt. Now Cox is injured and missed Week 6... what did you think was going to happen with Burton? Indy is using him all over the field on limited 2019 Mark Andrews snap counts. Hope people in your league are dumb and nab him for cheap since Indy is on Bye. Even if Cox comes back in Week 8 Burton is used/targeted heavily enough to be an upside TE2.

Mike Williams, Chargers WR - If Anthony Lynn's game calling is going to be so predictable Justin Herbert has to constantly bomb on 2nd and 3rd down... I like the chances of Mike Williams coming down with a few of those. Chargers come off their Bye and face Jacksonville and Denver, and have a soft schedule down the stretch; his high aDot (20.1) makes him boom or bust but he's certainly not the worst WR3 you could use in a Flex spot and he should been picked up after the Saints game.

Dallas Goedert, Iggles TE - With Zach Ertz looking like the Ghost of Talented Tight Ends Past, I think there was a feeling Goedert if healthy would continue seeing the larger TE share he had before he was hurt. Now Ertz has a serious high ankle sprain and is headed to IR. Some people might go to Richard Rodgers but the smart money is if Goedert; if healthy he will be fed targets all day. Hope you didn't drop him the last couple of weeks or something...

J.D. McKissic, Football Team RB - It's starting to become noticeable that Antonio Gibson is used more in Neutral/Positive game script situations, while McKissic gets 3rd down work and plays a lot in hurry-up/negative game script (when the team is trailing). He's always going to see targets out of the backfield  (22 over the last 3 games) because Kyle Allen usually peppers his RB and TEs, but if he gets 5-8 carries too? Now you've got a solid Flex play there. The WFT plays Dallas this week in a clash for the ages; Kenyan Drake just lit them up and I think McKissic could put in a flex-worthy effort.

Deeper Dive: Nab them before the Rise (maybe?)

A.J. Green, Bengals WR - Hear me out on this. A.J. Green has definitely lost burst and separation so Zach Taylor changed the way Green was deployed, using him on a lot more slants and lining him up in the slot as a "Big Slot WR" (CeeDee Lamb for example). He caught a lot of 10 yard slants and curls, escaping the opposing teams' top CBs and winning with his size and ball skills. People went gaga over Tee Higgins line last week 81% snap share, 8 targets, 11.3 aDOT), but Green had a 79% snap count, 11 targets and more usage short and intermediate so he doesn't have to worry about separation. If Burrow continues to pass 40+ times a game, this offense can easily support Higgins/Boyd and a 3rd target. Why not A.J. Green?
I appreciate your take on this.

I was very much a jerk with this list. I had kinda finished Tuesday around 11am, but I wanted to find more info on a few players, then forgot about it so I didn't post it until like 11pm yesterday. Who's looking at it by then; waivers would process in about 5 hours! At least I hope it helped people nab some players who are on Byes that might go ignored in your league

Oh yeah worst part... because I was so discombobulated I forgot to bid on A.J. Green and some dude got him in my league for $1.

do we like Burton over Ebron or Hooper?

do we like Burton over Ebron or Hooper?
It's notable that in Burton's first game back after MAC had played well for a few games Weeks 2 and 3... Burton outsnapped MAC 50-46% Week 4 and 45-38% Week 5. Week 6 he dominated the MOVE TE with 56% of the TE snaps, but actually had his lowest target share (only 11%). NextGen Stats from Week 6 shows he can work short and intermediate with enough athleticism to get some YAC. Definitely like him over Ebron regardless of MAC being in or out; Hooper I'd have to think about if MAC plays. There's enough data on routes run to say that even with MAC out there, Reich loves Burton and will use him more over MAC.

It's notable that in Burton's first game back after MAC had played well for a few games Weeks 2 and 3... Burton outsnapped MAC 50-46% Week 4 and 45-38% Week 5. Week 6 he dominated the MOVE TE with 56% of the TE snaps, but actually had his lowest target share (only 11%). NextGen Stats from Week 6 shows he can work short and intermediate with enough athleticism to get some YAC. Definitely like him over Ebron regardless of MAC being in or out; Hooper I'd have to think about if MAC plays. There's enough data on routes run to say that even with MAC out there, Reich loves Burton and will use him more over MAC.
Another question to ask is do you trust Rivers more than Matt Ryan. Ryan seems to run more hot and matty-ice-cold-horrible. But maybe that's just me being bitter that I had him on the bench and it cost me a win last week.

Tevin Coleman?  Mostert most likely to IR.... Coleman most likely back week 8..... SF run offense is elite.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Seahawks and "other teams" are interested in signing suspended free agent Antonio Brown.

A.B. is finalizing his eight-week suspension to open the season, but with that coming to a close in 12 days, teams are starting to make some calls to the 32-year-old. The Seahawks have always been linked closest to Brown dating back to the summer. According to Schefter, Seattle is "positioned to make a push to sign" Brown. His addition would likely push David Moore out of three-wide sets and have an affect on DK Metcalf and Tyler Lockett.

RELATED: 

Seattle Seahawks

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Oct 21, 2020, 4:00 PM ET

Dynasty TE - Asiasi and Okwuegbunam are both on the wire in a contract league.  Hoping to stash one this week before a breakout. I don't think I have roster space for both.

FBG and a couple other sites have Asiasi ranked higher, but at least one (Dynasty Trade Calculator) has Okwu with a higher trade value. Looking for thoughts here, as I haven't seen much of either of them.
I picked  Asiasi up week two preemptively. I was a little early.

I was very much a jerk with this list. I had kinda finished Tuesday around 11am, but I wanted to find more info on a few players, then forgot about it so I didn't post it until like 11pm yesterday. Who's looking at it by then; waivers would process in about 5 hours! At least I hope it helped people nab some players who are on Byes that might go ignored in your league

Oh yeah worst part... because I was so discombobulated I forgot to bid on A.J. Green and some dude got him in my league for $1.
Are people just not buying it with Green? He seems worth much more than that.

How much is AB worth in a deeper league? He could be a league winner with Russ throwing to him even with competition for touches. I think Lockett would be the Gallup in this offense. 

I picked  Asiasi up week two preemptively. I was a little early.
He went in my leagues rookie draft but was dropped. Added benefit to him (with my league's rules) is I could keep him in 2021 without burning a contract since he went in the first 2 rounds.  Albert would require me using one of my contract slots, or I could try to trade him if he looks good ROS.

DEFENSE

San Fran: Is it time to just cut and run? They have become a terrible hole on the roster and after the Pats this week which might be OK, the next 3 weeks are Wilson @Sea, Aaron Rodgers GB and then the New Orleans Saints, none of those are going to be good starts and they have a lot of injuries.

On the flip side, which defenses have good match ups the next 2-3-4 weeks, I like to get them ahead of time when I can. I've been leaching off the NY Giants of late, 4 of their last 5 have been decent starts, they rank #7 in my league but we don't subtract for things like points allowed or yds allowed, just sacks, turnovers, etc...and they have the Eagles this weekend with a bunch of holes along their offense.  

With Crowder out, I am seriously contemplating starting Perriman (a week 7 waiver special) over Deebo considering that San Fran is going up against NE. 

Users who are viewing this thread