What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The past two days have been horrible (1 Viewer)

JohnnyU

Footballguy
Yesterday my granddaughter totaled her car by sliding on icy road, tore a street sign down, and went into a ravine and hit a tree.  She could have been killed.  She is OK thank God.  She lives with us and needs a car to get to school, so I’ll have to find her another car.  Then today I thought I lost my wallet, so I cancelled my credit cards, only to later find it.  It had $240 in it as well.  I was planning to replace my driver’s license and health card tomorrow.  

Sometimes you you wake up and put salt in your coffee and stub your toe.

Hopefully better days are ahead.  I’m just thankful my granddaughter wasn’t hurt.  It’s a miracle.  She’s not an experienced driver who needs to learn how to drive on snowy roads.  By the way, a couple of weeks ago she hit a car in a parking lot.  Oh the drama.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, I forgot, she had to go to the emergency room 1:30 am Monday with stomach pain, so make that a horrible 3 days in a row.

So in-person school?  Be thankful for that, and hope it continues (vs. the pandemic-driven online learning).  Great to hear that she is OK.  I have two young grandsons now (2; almost 4), and I so very much want them to be safe and well.

Oh, I forgot, she had to go to the emergency room 1:30 am Monday with stomach pain, so make that a horrible 3 days in a row.
They say that bad things happen in "threes" so hopefully that means your luck is about to change for the better. Positive vibes your way. 

So in-person school?  Be thankful for that, and hope it continues (vs. the pandemic-driven online learning).  Great to hear that she is OK.  I have two young grandsons now (2; almost 4), and I so very much want them to be safe and well.
Cosmetology school

JohnnyU said:
Yesterday my granddaughter totaled her car by sliding on icy road, tore a street sign down, and went into a ravine and hit a tree.  She could have been killed.  She is OK thank God.  She lives with us and needs a car to get to school, so I’ll have to find her another car.  Then today I thought I lost my wallet, so I cancelled my credit cards, only to later find it.  It had $240 in it as well.  I was planning to replace my driver’s license and health card tomorrow.  

Hopefully better days are ahead.  I’m just thankful my granddaughter wasn’t hurt.  It’s a miracle.  She’s not an experienced driver who needs to learn how to drive on snowy roads.  By the way, a couple of weeks ago she hit a car in a parking lot.  Oh the drama.
Not to be all suzy sunshine over here but when I read this my first thought was "wow, so his granddaughter is fine and he found his wallet. . .that's pretty freaking awesome!"  So, this was inconvenient and it sucked but you have your granddaughter and you found your wallet - win - win man win -win - count your blessings and keep on moving forward, it could have been a HELL of a lot worse my friend, I mean a HELL of a lot worse!

Two weeks ago my completely finished basement flooded from a broken water line... 

The following week, my dishwasher drain hose broke and leaked all down into said basement, ruining a bunch of ceiling tiles

The following day, my daughter totaled out her car in the College parking lot

This morning I woke up to a flat tire on my wife's vehicle..

Yeah, 2020 can kiss my ###...

:goodposting: didn't get cold enough to snow here last night... thankfully because if it had we would have been buried in feet of snow.  though i suspect that's only a couple weeks away at this point.
The cold front just came through.  Tonight's low should be around 56F, with a high tomorrow of 76.  Brrr.

Yesterday my granddaughter totaled her car by sliding on icy road, tore a street sign down, and went into a ravine and hit a tree.  She could have been killed.  She is OK thank God.
If she was wearing her seat belt and the airbags did their job, those inventors should get medals.  A lot of people owe their lives to those things.

Glad she's okay.  I'd make her pay for all-weather driving lessons, though.  Or buy them for her for Christmas.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sometimes people have days like this. Even in Australia.

If she was wearing her seat belt and the airbags did their job, those inventors should get medals.  A lot of people owe their lives to those things.

Glad she's okay.  I'd make her pay for all-weather driving lessons, though.  Or buy them for her for Christmas.
Airbags didn’t deploy.  It was a 2005 Corolla.

Users who are viewing this thread