What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Genrepalooza Presents: FG Radio - Tons of Lithium but very little Chill (4 Viewers)

In my early thought process for this I was actually thinking about how to incorporate some non music channels. Not POTUS but NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB Networks
Wouldn't work for a playlist but could draft a player highlight  with Youtube links . Not sure if they are listed anywhere but could draft teams entrance music or batters walkup songs.

Binky The Doormat said:
ok ...wtf is going on

I have the time but you guys know I am pretty limited in terms of my musical tastes

:k4stillmadatmycommentsinthebeatlesthread:
I'd offer to pair up but I'm probably even more limited. 

You know anything about rap X-mas songs for children?

KarmaPolice said:
Oh ####- I would love a Prince channel.  
yeah, would be cool if a Prince channel replaced something like a Pearl Jam channel esp if we can include covers or other performers' songs that were written by Prince.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to have a lot of trouble with the head banging crap.

:headbang:

Retired: Holly, First Wave, Underground Garage, Classic Rewind, Road Trip Radio, The Joint, Symphony Hall, The Groove, Covers, R&R HOF, Hair Nation, XMU, Pearl Jam, Studio 54, Comes Alive, 80s on 8, Octane/Turbo, Coffee House, Prince, Chill, Lithium, Hits 1, Sinatra (Standards), 70s on 7, Pop2K, Yacht Rock, Real Jazz, The Beatles, On Broadway, Jam On, BPM, Prime Country, Tom Petty, The Bridge, 90s on 9, 60s on 6, Bluesville, Elvis, Margaritaville, SoulCycle, Deep Tracks, Bluegrass Junction, Soul Town, Fly/The Heat/Shade45, Faction, PopRocks, Globalization, Outlaw Country, Willie's Roadhouse, 50s on 5, Springsteen, Synth Smorg, FFA-1 Storytellers, Turn Down the Lights, Oh Canada, I Heart Prog, Classic Vinyl, Concept Concept, International 2: No Boogaloo, Stevie Wonder Radio, Don't Worry Be Happy, All About That Bass, Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way?, Eel Pie Preservation Society, Velvet, XMU Rocks!!!, Shut Up 'N Play Yer Guitar, Rolling Stones Radio, The Highway, Falling Leaves, Sleet, Guitar Hero, The Man in Black, KP's Boneyard, Jazz-Rock Fusion, Lilith Fair, Featuring..., Stonehenge, 1900s on 19, Free Stylin', Second Wave, Grrrls Grrrls Grrrls, The Antipodes, How Bizarre, 1800s on 18, The Good Time Gospel Hour, Jack and Dave, Radio Omega, Politico, Radio Free Bird, Poptopia, The Noble Eightfold Path, WLUV & KSEX-FM, Saxy Time, Bob Dylan Radio, Simey's Reading Glasses, Morning Zoo, Hall of Very Good, David Bowie Channel, Geology 101 (Songs with Rock in the Title), Harmonicalooza, Summerpalooza, Lighters Up, Aretha and Otis Show, Spring Forward, Goin' Solo, META-static Radio, The Beeb, Folk Yeah, 150 Seconds with Matt Pinfield (songs under 2:30), Back 40 (rural songs), Music for a Lazy Sunday Morning, Surf & Skate Shop, Rude Youth, In My Room, This Is the Beginning, Songs About Food, Taylor Swift Channel, The Ego Meets the Dove (CSNY), At the Movies, Beat This, Breakin' Up Is Hard to Do, Piano Men, Five Word Song Titles, Free Your Mind, Stripped, Sports Ticker, Moar Cowbell, Somebody Scream, Bright Lights Big City, Beat It, This Is the End, Applausible Tunes, Strings and Things, Talk Radio, Go Cat Go, Bring in 'Da Funk, Working for a Living, Filthy Lucre, NASA Mission Control, The Jose, Jimmy and Johnny Show, Microphone #2, Illiterature, Horny Time, Emo Imo, Upstairs Downstairs, Illegal Noir Pulp, Segue Way, Short Skirt Long Jacket, Zero to Sixty, Songs to Play at the End of the World, Motor City, Art Rock/Post Rock/Kraut Rock/Radiohead (after Sunday)

Playlists with 50+ songs and/or 3+ hours are in bold. Their categories are eligible for retirement, as are any that have been rolled at least five times.

Radio Alpha (Songs off debut albums) -- 55 songs, 3 hours and TBD minutes

100K (Artists with less than 100,000 monthly streams) -- 52 songs, 2 hours and TBD minutes

Horror Show (songs about/in the title werewolves, vampires, zombies, ghosts, etc.) -- 46 songs, 2 hours and TBD minutes

Chemistry 101 (Songs about drugs) -- 45 songs, 3 hours and 0 minutes

Side 1, Track 1 (Great album openers) -- 43 songs, 2 hours and 35 minutes

Side 2, Track X (Great album closers) -- 41 songs, 3 hours and 17 minutes

Shake Rattle & Roll (songs with those three words in the lyrics/title) -- 38 songs, 2 hours and 36 minutes

Songs about any city or town in (up to and including the entire state of) Tennessee, with an emphasis on Memphis -- 36 songs, 2 hours and 13 minutes

The Velvet Underground and bands who bought their album -- 36 songs, 2 hours and TBD minutes

The Name Game (Song titles with first names) -- 35 songs, 1 hour and TBD minutes

Songs About New York City -- 34 songs, 2 hours and 18 minutes

Public Transit (Songs about planes, trains, buses, boats, etc. No cars though) -- 33 songs, 1 hour and TBD minutes

Jerry and Carlos -- San Fran Mexican hippy guitar gods -- 31 songs, 2 hours and TBD minutes

Keyboard Warriors (Uber piano, organ, synth, celeste, harpsichord, accordian, etc.) -- 28 songs, 2 hours and 36 minutes

I Write the Songs (tunes written by famous songwriters and performed by others) -- 28 songs, 1 hour and 49 minutes

Vegas Playlist -- 27 songs, 1 hour and TBD minutes

Songs about Southern California -- 26 songs, 1 hour and 35 minutes

Trio -- Dolly Parton, Linda Ronstadt and Emmylou Harris -- 24 songs, 1 hour and 22 minutes

Vocal Chords (Songs with great harmony vocals) -- 24 songs, 1 hour and 21 minutes

Wee Small Hours (songs about the nighttime) -- 23 songs, 1 hour and 29 minutes

Emerald Isle (Irish Acts) -- 23 songs, 1 hour and TBD minutes

Scissors XM: women playing songs about women -- 23 songs, 1 hour and TBD minutes

Mantra (music with a political/philosophical/spiritual/life message) -- 22 songs, 1 hour and TBD minutes

Songs in the key of Sea (water, fish, kelp, etc.) -- 21 songs, 1 hour and TBD minutes

Fleetwood Mac and Anybody Who Was Ever in the Band -- 20 songs, 1 hour and 25 minutes

Diamonds in the Rough (Good songs from bad albums) -- 19 songs, 1 hour and 37 minutes

All Goth Radio -- 18 songs, 1 hour and 24 minutes

Radio Radio (songs about the radio, records, cassettes or streaming services) -- 18 songs, 1 hour and 10 minutes

Songs That Make You Cry -- 18 songs, 1 hour and 10 minutes

I See London, I See France (Songs about London or France) -- 17 songs, 1 hour and TBD minutes

Botany 101 (Songs about plants) -- 13 songs, 52 minutes

Artie and Paul In the Morning (Simon and/or Garfunkel) -- 13 songs, 47 minutes

Blonde Ambition -- Madonna, Britney, Christina Aguilera and Lady Gaga -- 12 songs, 50 minutes

IP Theft (Samples, Samplers & Samplees) -- 12 songs, TBD minutes

Non-Stop Party Mixtape -- 12 songs, TBD minutes

The Medium is the Message - songs about television/journalism/newspaper/movies -- 12 songs, TBD minutes

Pride Mix (songs by or about LGBTQ people) -- 11 songs, 44 minutes

The Jazz Singer (Jazz vocals) -- 11 songs, 40 minutes

Music Calendar (songs with months or days in them) -- 10 songs, 38 minutes

Hot and Cold (songs about hot, warm, cool or cold) -- 10 songs, TBD minutes

Associated Acts (Bands with members more famous for another band. Supergroups welcome but no solo material) -- 9 songs, 39 minutes

Beelze and the Bubs (Songs about the Devil) -- 9 songs, 32 minutes

Remixes not remasters -- 7 songs, 34 minutes

Patriotic Songs (Lee Greenwood and/or Toby Keith Need Not Apply) -- 7 songs, 22 minutes

Not yet rolled:

Miles Davis and One Degree of Separation

Itchy & Scratchy Show (Songs with turntable scratching)

The Love Channel (Help Simey's dad find it)

The Fjords (music from Scandinavia)

Hand Of Doom/Doom Metal (doom metal and stoner metal)

Squeezebox Redux (songs featuring the accordion)

N'awlins (The music and musicians of New Orleans)

Not yet in the category rotation (Dayton play-in round):

Walk Hard (Songs about walking or just good to walk to)

Crayola Box (Songs about colors)

The Remnants (Undrafted songs from Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd and their members)

Instrument Feedback/Distortion/Reverb

The Cloud (songs about the sky and flying fauna)

Eagles Channel with one degree of separation

Not yet in the "not yet in the category rotation" (aka The Hopper):

History Channel (songs about historical events)

Eephus' Fresh Hell -- songs 15 or 12 minutes long or more

Title Tracks of Albums

Generation Next (daughters and sons of the music biz)

#### ### (Songs with cussing)

Songs that Build (in intensity, not songs about buildings (and food))

Auto Tunes (songs about cars)

Soul Town II

The Difficult Second Album (songs from second albums, difficult or otherwise)

Weather Report (songs about the weather)

Songs by Women About Men

Songs by Men About Women

Last edited:
Are these actual stations?  I've only had satellite radio in rental cars where I was more interested in where I was going.

Are these actual stations?  I've only had satellite radio in rental cars where I was more interested in where I was going.
I don't have Sirius XM either, but I have listened to it in other people's cars.  If I enter my mother's car, she usually has it on Fox News  :X , and my finger can't hit Willie's Roadhouse that is is on her dash display fast enough.  I've told her picking me up and having my ears hear that news station is like putting your child in a torture chamber. It's child abuse. She is a wicked woman.  😱

In! 

Monday, right? If possible, I would prefer to be at a turn as I will likely need to be skipped until lunch or after work. Assuming we are doing draft order. 

If we're chopping, the easiest place to start is the artist specific channels. This could get us down to 40 but we're losing some good stuff.

•  
  • Hits 1 (current hits)
  • Road Trip Radio
  • 50s on 5 (pop hits)
  • 60s on 6 (pop hits)
  • 70s on 7 (pop hits)
  • 80s on 8 (pop hits)
  • 90s on 9 (pop hits)
  • Pop 2K (pop hits)
  • First Wave (80s alt)
  • Lithium (90s alt/grunge)
  • PopRocks
  • XMU (Indie)
  • Octane (hard rock)
  • Hair Nation
  • The Joint (reggae)
  • Fly (90s/00s hop hop r&b)
  • The Heat (new r&b)
  • Soul Town/The Groove (Motown/classic soul/70s/80s R&B)
  • The Groove (70s/80s r&b)
  • BPM (dance)
  • Globalization (worldwide hits)
  • Beatles Channel
  • Tom Petty Channel
  • Springsteen Channel
  • Elvis Channel
  • Pearl Jam Channel
  • Margaritaville
  • The Bridge (mellow classic rock)
  • Classic Rewind (70s/80s classic rock)
  • Classic Vinyl (60s/70s classic rock)
  • Deep Tracks (classic rock)
  • SoulCycle (exercise jams)
  • Coffee House (acoustic/singer songwriter)
  • Underground Garage
  • Turbo (90/00 hard rock)
  • Chill (downtempo/deep house)
  • Studio 54 (70s-00s club dance)
  • Prime Country/WIllie's Roadhouse Classic(80s/90s country)
  • Willie's Roadhouse (classic country)
  • Bluegrass Junction
  • Real Jazz (classic jazz)
  • Sinatra (standards by Sinatra and others)
  • On Broadway (show tunes)
  • Bluesville
  • Symphony Hall (classical)
  • The covers channel
  • Velvet (pop vocalists)
  • Jam On (jam bands)
  • R&R Hall of Fame
  • Yacht Rock
  • Faction (modern punk)
  • Comes Alive! (Live songs)
  • Comedy Central

Here's who I have as IN.

• Northern Voice
  • Pip's Invitation
  • Karma Police
  • Zamboni
  • Dr. Octopus
  • Ilov80s
  • krista4/rockaction
  • Hov34
  • Buffaloes
  • mphtrilogy
  • Binky the Doormat
  • Doug B
  • Mrs. Rannous
  • Abrantes
  • Raging Weasel
  • Eephus
  • Yo Mama
  • simey
A couple others have posted but not sure if they are jumping in or not.

At least in this draft if the category is something I have no knowledge of I can just listen to the station until it plays something I like/don't hate😎

Eephus said:
Are there really going to be 50+ categories?

:tfp:
It occurred to me: One way to deal with a lot of categories is simply to increase the number of picks per round.

For instance, instead of randomly selecting three categories and everyone making two picks in a round ... bump it up to five categories and three picks per round. Something like that.

I would also have a rule that if all drafters in a round pass on a given category, that category gets kicked out.

Users who are viewing this thread