What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Genrepalooza Presents: FG Radio - Tons of Lithium but very little Chill (1 Viewer)

If there's a guy who might be involved in this thread who also started but did not finish the TV draft, they're asking if you're going to finish.  If not, Doug B would like to make your remaining picks.  You might wish to pop in there and let him know, or let me know here and I'll post for you there just in case you might not quite be feeling like yourself, if you know what I mean.
It's customary to boldface Doug B

56.8 or 12 - Romeo Void - Never Say Never (First Wave)

One of the many annoying things about 2020 is the monotony.  My 2019 life wasn't exactly a thrill a minute but there was the occasional event to break things up a bit.  Now I don't go anywhere or do much of anything.  The most noteworthy thing that happened this month isn't all that exciting but it involves Romeo Void.

My longtime friend Tina finally moved out of the City and as any urban apartment dweller knows, that means emptying the junk out of the storage space.  I've known Tina for over 35 years and her partner Paul for about 10 but I never knew Paul used to be married to Deborah Iyall of Romeo Void.  They were getting rid of a bunch of stuff including a couple of his ex's paintings.  Somehow Mrs. Eephus ended up with custody of a couple of original Deborah Iyall landscapes. I have no idea what we're going to do with them but they haven't gone to our storage space yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
RPG Library Secure Dice generated the following rolls.

4d1000, rolled once.

Roll set 1
Die rolls: 931, 433, 980, 920
Roll subtotal: 3264
Roll total: 3264
Big numbers

Comes Alive! (Live songs)

Elvis Channel

Faction (modern punk)

and 980 is too big for this draft.

Reroll for 978

RPG Library Secure Dice generated the following rolls.

1d1000, rolled once.

Roll set 1
Die rolls: 297
Roll subtotal: 297
Roll total: 297
The Heat (new r&b)

All cool, all cool, but can we have words about your lack of dust cover?
Lol, I have one, but don't use it.. I use the table a lot in the attic record and the backing cover connections are not the best so it winds up not staying up I just decide to leave the ones I use every day with no cover.

I'm a bit obsessed, I have 5 tables in the house, my family room is a beatles pro-ject iii table , I use that every day and also keep the cover off.

I just fixed the cartridge on the vintage Realstic Lab 400 table I found at a tag Sale last year for $65, I was using that in the Attic until the Shure cartridge I had on there stopped working on the Right Channel, so I moved the U-turn up there (which had given me a lot of trouble as well, but finally got it perfect by sending it back to U-turn for a new l/r connection).  I now use the Realstic in my basement  where I do keep the cover on it when not in use...

I have a Pioneer PL 41 vintage table I use daily in my home office, it has a built in cover, but I keep it up, lol.

I also have a vintage Technics table in my garage, that one I keep the cover on ;)

Uh oh. Now I'm gone done and corrected you. There is no 90s on 9 for Round 57. Perhaps you're thinking of a different round? I dunno. You have Round 56 for First Wave, so maybe you're on that day in your head...
fixed - yes I was confused. Deleted the First Wave and used the 90s song for Round 56.

Back to the show. I'm having just a time of it picking a song. I'll go with the title track to one of the better punk albums of 2016 from Toys That Kill. 

Round 57.xx

Category: Faction

Song: Sentimental Ward

Artist: Toys That Kill

A rousing sing along of utter nonsense, this song fits the punk bill well. I have no idea what he's saying at the end (is it a proper name?) but it sounds good. 

If there's a guy who might be involved in this thread who also started but did not finish the TV draft, they're asking if you're going to finish.  If not, Doug B would like to make your remaining picks.  You might wish to pop in there and let him know, or let me know here and I'll post for you there just in case you might not quite be feeling like yourself, if you know what I mean.
Doesn't Doug owe like 40 here?

I owe a ton here, sorry all.  We were camping all of Thanksgiving week and the internet was spotty at best.  I'll try to catch up.  You can't really "search" the excel (or I don't know how) so if I make a pick someone has made let me know.

46.xx  Yacht Rock -  Steal Away - Robbie Dupree

46.xx  80s on 8 - Feel It Again - Honeymoon Suite

47.xx  Road Trip Radio - Take The Long Way Home - Supertramp

48.xx  Road Trip Radio - Days Go By - Keith Urban

49.xx  50s on 5 - Then He Kissed Me - The Crystals

50.xx  50s on 5 - Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow - The Shirelles

51.xx  Chill - Gooey - Glass Animals

52.xx  Classic Rewind - Rhythm of Love - Yes

53.xx  XMU - Norway - Beach House

54.xx  XMU - Deceptacon - Le Tigre

55.xx  90s on 9 - You Get What You Give - New Radicals

56.xx  First Wave - Hourglass - Squeeze

57.xx  The Heat - U 2 Love - Ne-Yo & Jeremih

Last edited by a moderator:
Been listening to a lot of new punk today and I can say the genre seems to be doing pretty well. Lots of interesting stuff, nothing ground breaking but that’s punk for ya.

I owe a ton here, sorry all.  We were camping all of Thanksgiving week and the internet was spotty at best.  I'll try to catch up.  You can't really "search" the excel (or I don't know how) so if I make a pick someone has made let me know.

46.xx  Yacht Rock -  Steal Away - Robbie Dupree

47.xx  Road Trip Radio - Take The Long Way Home - Supertramp

48.xx  Road Trip Radio - Days Go By - Keith Urban

49.xx  50s on 5 - Then He Kissed Me - The Crystals

50.xx  50s on 5 - Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow - The Shirelles

51.xx  Chill - Gooey - Glass Animals

52.xx  Classic Rewind - Rhythm of Love - Yes

53.xx  XMU - Norway - Beach House

54.xx  XMU - Deceptacon - Le Tigre

55.xx  90s on 9 - You Get What You Give - New Radicals

56.xx  First Wave - Hourglass - Squeeze

57.xx  The Heat - U 2 Love - Ne-Yo & Jeremih
I took Steal Away already. 

I know I've taken them in this draft already, but this one stuck out to me as I was thinking about songs where the live versions surpass the studio versions..

COMES ALIVE! 

57.xx:  THE NATIONAL - ABOUT TODAY

Link

Users who are viewing this thread