What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ranking pies (2 Viewers)

Key Lime is probably my favorite.  Apple pie (has to be done right) a close second.  From there, I suppose banana cream and then peach crisp and once I had some sort of pear pie that was really good.   Oh, and I like pumpkin pie okay too. 

As fat as I am I probably eat pie less than 3 times a year.  My wife will make me a key lime for my birthday and an apple pie for Thanksgiving.  I never get dessert at restaurants.  I have more of a beer tooth than a sweet tooth.

1.  Key Lime
2. Apple Pie
3. Banana Cream
4.  Peach Crisp
5.  Pumpkin 

Honorable mention the Pear Pie thing I had once.
How about a virtual thanksgiving pie eat off for a COVID charity of your choosing  @shuke @General Malaise

Last edited by a moderator:
General Malaise said:
Key Lime is probably my favorite.  Apple pie (has to be done right) a close second.  From there, I suppose banana cream and then peach crisp and once I had some sort of pear pie that was really good.   Oh, and I like pumpkin pie okay too. 

As fat as I am I probably eat pie less than 3 times a year.  My wife will make me a key lime for my birthday and an apple pie for Thanksgiving.  I never get dessert at restaurants.  I have more of a beer tooth than a sweet tooth.

1.  Key Lime
2. Apple Pie
3. Banana Cream
4.  Peach Crisp
5.  Pumpkin 

Honorable mention the Pear Pie thing I had once.
You need to try the Key Lime pies from New Seasons. I think they have been selling half pies of key lime for the past few months.  Amazing.

Put me down for Key Lime pie as well.  I have great memories eating the ones that (Oceana's I think) served up in Avon NC.

1. Peanut butter

2. Key Lime

3. French Silk

4. Pumpkin

5. Cherry

Honorable mention: apple, peach. Have never been a huge fan of pecan.

1. Lemon Meringue

2. Tourtiere (Montreal version)

3. Pecan

4. Raspberry Rhubarb

5. Cherry

My mom (88) still makes her crust from scratch using lard.  Their is no better crust. 

The homemade chili sauce to go on the Tourtiere is amazing.

You need to try the Key Lime pies from New Seasons. I think they have been selling half pies of key lime for the past few months.  Amazing.
I could be talked into that!  I hit New Seasons up occasionally - they have a pretty good Italian Grinder sandwich that I'll get some mornings when I forget my lunch.  

My Mother-in-law makes a great Key Lime pie and one time when they were in town, I was raving about how much I loved it and said I should get her recipe.  My FIL - who does about 99% of the cooking in their marriage - quietly got up from our table, went over to the fridge, grabbed the bottle of key lime juice, put in front of me and pointed to the recipe on the side of the bottle and then continued to eat his dinner.  My MIL threw her napkin at him.  :lmao:

I really enjoyed that moment in time. 

Key Lime

Cherry

Apple

Pecan

Chicken Pot
I haven't read the entire thread to see if anyone else has mentioned it or not so don't hurt me but Costco has a really good Chicken Pot Pie.  I'm kind of fussy about Chicken Pot Pie because a lot of places make is mushy or super skimpy on the chicken or the veggies are either rock hard undercooked or nursing home bland and overcooked into mush but Costco nails it.  I'm sure it's one zillion calories per slice but it is pretty outstanding.

I haven't read the entire thread to see if anyone else has mentioned it or not so don't hurt me but Costco has a really good Chicken Pot Pie.  I'm kind of fussy about Chicken Pot Pie because a lot of places make is mushy or super skimpy on the chicken or the veggies are either rock hard undercooked or nursing home bland and overcooked into mush but Costco nails it.  I'm sure it's one zillion calories per slice but it is pretty outstanding.
The Irish restaurant in NY, NY in Vegas (Fine Nine Irishmen) has an outstanding version.  It is the best I have ever had and is a must every time I go to Vegas now.  

Costco CPP is the BOMB!

The two best ones I've had are the Costco one (massive amounts of chicken from leftover rotisserie from the day before - who cares...it's awesome), and Marie Calendars makes a pretty good one too.  

I agree with your assessment - You can't skimp on the chicken, and the veggies can't crunch, but should maintain their form.  The crust is also key - must be doughy on the bottom, but crisp and flakey on top.

The Irish restaurant in NY, NY in Vegas (Fine Nine Irishmen) has an outstanding version.  It is the best I have ever had and is a must every time I go to Vegas now.  
...adding that to my list whenever I get out there again.

Costco CPP is the BOMB!

The two best ones I've had are the Costco one (massive amounts of chicken from leftover rotisserie from the day before - who cares...it's awesome), and Marie Calendars makes a pretty good one too.  

I agree with your assessment - You can't skimp on the chicken, and the veggies can't crunch, but should maintain their form.  The crust is also key - must be doughy on the bottom, but crisp and flakey on top.
My brother from another mother. . . I forgot about Marie Calendars there's is second only to Costco.  

1,Chocolate 2 Cherry 3 Key Lime 4 Pumpkin 5  Peach although I probably eat more Pumpkin pie than the rest combined. Like previously mentioned I have more of a beer /bourbon appetite than a sweet tooth.

My mom (88) still makes her crust from scratch using lard.  Their is no better crust. 

The homemade chili sauce to go on the Tourtiere is amazing.
You better get that recipie.  Some of those old school one really kick butt in the taste department.

Users who are viewing this thread