What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best Type of Cake (1 Viewer)

Which is better?

• Cake

Votes: 19 29.2%
  • Pie

Votes: 46 70.8%

• Total voters
I know we’ve done this before and I don’t remember how I voted - :lmao:  

Today I’ll vote pie.

And sponge  cake being the best cake - Get out of here.

Last edited by a moderator:
We had folks over for my birthday this year - the wife asked me what cake I wanted.  I asked for German chocolate.  She said she wouldn’t trust herself making it but got it from a bakery in Atlanta. So delicious. 
My favorite birthday cake is German Chocolate. Has been since I was a little kid. Every year since I have been married (16 years), my wife has asked what cake I wanted for my birthday. My answer: German Chocolate.

FINALLY, last year for my 50th birthday she tells me she made me a German Chocolate cake for my birthday. She proudly delivers it to the table, uncovers the cake carrier, and the chocolate cake has a simple white frosting.

I look at her and say:

What the #### is this?

Her: they were out of the German Chocolate frosting. 

Me: but.......but......wtf.....but....do you know.....fackkkkkk......

All these years and I was soooooooooooooo close......

Growing up, I loved yellow cake with chocolate frosting. Still think its good.

But then I discovered tres leches. And dessert was never the same.

I feel like it's hard to name a best "type" of cake as there is a wide range of qualities and tastes for each and every kind of cake.   For example--I generally like cheesecake, carrot cake and tres leches cake---but I've had bad or average versions of all three of them  on several occasions.  However--the best versions of those cakes are amazing--so the range of my experiences with those cakes is probably anywhere between a 5 and a 10 out of 10 based on if I'm trying a good or bad version of each.    On the other hand--I've never had a bad ice cream cake and I've always enjoyed the butter cake at  Mastros--so my experience with these cakes has always been a solid 8 out of 10 every time. 

whoknew said:
Growing up, I loved yellow cake with chocolate frosting. Still think its good.

But then I discovered tres leches. And dessert was never the same.
This times a brazillian. Good tres leches is cake perfected.

German chocolate is the best cake, mom used to make it, perfection. (Her mom was 100% german)

But I'll take a good warm Apple pie. 

I've started to really dislike most cheesecake. The one exception is from a bakery in Memphis. That stuff may have ruined me for any other.

I am not voting in your rigged poll 

5. Strawberry Shortcake 

4. Carrot Cake 

3.Coffee Cake 

2. Tres Leches

1. Cheesecake

I've always been a fan of marble cake. Basically chocolate and vanilla cake batter mixed partially so that when you cut the cake, the colors swirl around each other. It helps that my aunt ran a cake bakery for years when I was a kid, and it was phenomenal.

Frosting needs to be buttercream, though. That type that's almost like eating sugary sand is weak sauce.

tres leches is indeed spritually sinful,  but my greatest cake pleasure will always be spitting me Ma's dryass Duncan Hines yellowcake crumbs at my baby sister.

I would go slightly undercooked brownies so they are still gooey.

add some caramel in there too.

otherwise - it's a dark chocolate flourless torte (cake)

Pole is flawed.  Sometimes I like pie (various types), sometimes I like cake (various types).

I can't vote.

They're all good.

Except fruitcake.  Yikes.

Some folks haven't had quality cheesecake and it shows.

Also the lack of respect being shown to Ice cream cake in here is disturbing. 

Tres Leches is damn good cake too. 

Guarantee no one here has ever had authentic Italian Rum Cake. Otherwise, how could your answer be anything else.

RUM & CAKE ... ITS TRUE

White cake with layers of chocolate and vanilla pudding ... all soaking in a sweet, sweet, rum sauce permeating  the entire affair.

One of these will set you back about $80 for your birthday ... but it is so worth it.

Guarantee no one here has ever had authentic Italian Rum Cake. Otherwise, how could your answer be anything else.

RUM & CAKE ... ITS TRUE

White cake with layers of chocolate and vanilla pudding ... all soaking in a sweet, sweet, rum sauce permeating  the entire affair.

One of these will set you back about $80 for your birthday ... but it is so worth it.
sounds great minus the rum

In the summer I really like jello cake (raspberry or strawberry). Not cool and sophisticated like some of the other cakes mentioned but easy to make and light and refreshing.

Users who are viewing this thread