What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Detroit at Atlanta -2.5 (56)*** Game Thread (1 Viewer)

With the injury to Gage Jr. it looks like Ryan is aggressively targeting Hurst now. Just missed him on a long TD, drew a holding penalty.

need a microcosm of the Lions? 3rd and long with Atlanta backed up, and long fantastic catch by Ridley. Then the way-too agile (>.>) Matt Ryan avoids 2 tackles to complete a pass.

Patricia's D in full form this drive. Ridley TD. Though I'll bet most didn't see such a low score going into halftime.

Good drive by the Lions to manage a FG with the time left. They get the ball in the 3rd, so we'll see if they do anything with the opportunity.

Expanded role for swift?  I guess not.

offense looks better when he’s in there imo.

adp doesn’t look bad per se, but he just doesn’t have the burst anymore

4th and 5 on your opponents 10 yard line and you have a slim 14-13 lead...does Atlanta kick the FG? Make it a 1 score game but ensure Detroit MUST score a TD and they've only scored 1 TD all day, your defense is doing well. 

What do YOU do? 

The Flacons decided to go for it on 4th and 5...at best you go from a 1 point lead to an 8 point lead and it's still just a 1 score game...the FG MAKES them have to score a TD

Why are Coaches this DUMB?!

Last edited by a moderator:
Koo fans have had their pocket picked left and right today. 

2 whopping points for the NFL's best kicker. Will need to see if this is a new coaching philosophy. 

4th and 5 on your opponents 10 yard line and you have a slim 14-13 lead...does Atlanta kick the FG? Make it a 1 score game but ensure Detroit MUST score a TD and they've only scored 1 TD all day, your defense is doing well. 

What do YOU do? 

The Flacons decided to go for it on 4th and 5...at best you go from a 1 point lead to an 8 point lead and it's still just a 1 score game...the FG MAKES them have to score a TD

Why are Coaches this DUMB?!

Koo fans have had their pocket picked left and right today. 

2 whopping points for the NFL's best kicker. Will need to see if this is a new coaching philosophy. 

I cannot believe it...
:grad:

never mind. Lions squeak it out, almost despite themselves.

Not a good team, but definitely entertaining. 3-3 hype.

Actually, had both Gurley and Hockenstein going today.  Win-win.  As for the game, fan of neither team so didn't make a difference to me.  Just strange seeing defense celebrating opponent TD.

Just doing what Gurley did, pulling up short of the end zone as his team is trailing late in the football game because of some "Time Left on the Clock" argument is just UNREAL to me. In fact the mere fact he did it put the whole thing in motion and put it into the back of the heads of the entire defense and it ended up costing them the football game. Atlanta still made the right call by scoring the TD even in spite of their best efforts to not score, and then assume their defense can hold them with 1:00 left. Last play of the game, incredible. 

Just doing what Gurley did, pulling up short of the end zone as his team is trailing late in the football game because of some "Time Left on the Clock" argument is just UNREAL to me. In fact the mere fact he did it put the whole thing in motion and put it into the back of the heads of the entire defense and it ended up costing them the football game. Atlanta still made the right call by scoring the TD even in spite of their best efforts to not score, and then assume their defense can hold them with 1:00 left. Last play of the game, incredible. 
It was pretty surprising, but you have to figure that holding the ball all the way down gives you like a 95% of wining with a FG.  Scoring and giving the ball back feels like detroit has a decent chance of scoring a td, more than 5% though I was surprised their odds to win on the last play of the game were only 4%.

atl is developing a strong invent a way to lose games/series game. can't remember seeing one like this. even the baseball team getting in on it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread