What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Corona Halloween. What are you doing? (1 Viewer)

culdeus

Footballguy
Not getting a consensus on what to do here.  

Being on a Saturday night it's going to be especially wild ###. 

My general feel is they just do it and hope for best.  

Not getting a consensus on what to do here.  

Being on a Saturday night it's going to be especially wild ###. 

My general feel is they just do it and hope for best.  
A former co worker who is now a good friend of mine is having a social distance house party outside (Weather permitting) in his backyard. It's gonna be me and maybe 4-5 other coworkers, his parents and his GF who moved here from Texas in AUg. More of an official house warming party as he just bought it a few months back. Nothing big. 

Assuming the weather is decent, having some friends over for a chili and soup party outside, watching Michigan vs Michigan State and then maybe a scary movie.

Those damn kids better show up to my house for their candy.    I'm doing the norm which is dumping two boxes of candy bars from costco in a basket and putting it on a chair at the top of my driveway.   If they don't take them, I'm going to wind up eating them all which, like all food that's terrible for me, I'm pretty ambivalent about. 

I’m building a contraption to pass out candy to the 2-5 potential trick or treaters that will come by our house. I got a 10 foot plastic pipe (that’s what she said) to slide candy down. 

Going with a Zombie/Zoom theme (Zoom-bies?). Might try to sit my skeleton in front of the zoom screen with a headset. 

Im bored, and this is my excuse to sit outside drinking all night. My kids are too old/cool to go trick or treating any more so I have to get my Halloween on somehow. 

I have a 3 and 5 year old. If we end up going, after ringing the doorbell we will put the bucket down and step back 10 feet. 

We are still undecided though.

One of us will take the kids trick or treating. One of us will sit on the porch and give out candy. I don’t think that’s any riskier than going to the grocery store. 

My ~4 year old and her cousins are doing a candy hunt (think Easter egg) around the grandparents' backyard. 

Candy chute attached to my railing.

Paint a PVC pipe orange & stripe it with black tape. Zip ties to attack to front porch railing.

Easy.

I'm in the inner city in a lower middle class neighborhood. I have a good relationship with my neighbors though. I'm making each of their kids "Halloween bags" with candy and some arts and crafts activities to help them keep busy during lockdown. I know my neighbors with 3 children are having a tough time with their marriage due to Coronavirus so hopefully this will help them a bit. 

My son is on the spectrum.  He's enjoyed Halloween the past few years but didn't really care what he wore for a costume.  But he's very excited about Halloween this year. I don't know whether we will be able to do trick or treat but he already has his costume which is a ups delivery guy. From his perspective that's the real superhero because they bring packages to the house and sometimes they have cool stuff like toys in them. How cool is that?  

shuke said:
I'm going to put a table out and spread the candy out on it and sit 10 feet back with a fire and beers.  Kids can take one without putting their grubby hands in a bowl.  
Our neighborhood agreed to do something similar.  If you want to hand out candy, put them in individual bags for kids to take.

We’ve put the candy into individual baggies and will spread them out on a folding table at the foot of our walkway.

I'm not sure I understand the individual baggie thing.  You're still touching the candy wrapper when you put them in the bags.

I am going to pour bourbon and hot apple cider into a tumbler and walk with the kids and their friends as they trick or treat. Same as it ever was.

Not really sure.  

There is usually a fun get together of some neighborhood friends.  Started several years ago when it stormed on halloween night and our neighborhood postponted trick or treating a night.  So a group of us near by threw together a quick thing, everyone brought food, candy to let the kids "trick or treat" inside the house while the adults enjoyed some drinks.  That turned into an annual little party where the adults all dress up and people have a good time.

This year...not quite sure, it may still happen in a way around the firepit at someone's house.  Food will be likely different as not sure people want the whole (everyone bring a dish thing).  Id trust those in this group pretty well and not sure that is all that much of big deal anyway as we know more about transmission of the virus.  

Neighborhood seems to be going ahead with trick or treating...Im sure there will be fewer people out than usual though.  We bought a bunch of little zip locks and will package up little bags to hand out easily to kids...I may set up our firepit in the front and just have a bucket of the baggies of candy and let the kids grab one.

shuke said:
I'm going to put a table out and spread the candy out on it and sit 10 feet back with a fire and beers.  Kids can take one without putting their grubby hands in a bowl.  
Yep, same here. I expect the crowds to be lower, but I've already informed my closest neighbors that there is a rumor I'll be handing out full sized candy bars. I expect an early run from those little greedy yard apes. 

We're not doing anything different. It's like a 5 second interaction at each stop and we only stop at 8-10 houses since the kids are so little. Chances of breathing in too many germs are pretty low. 

As far as handing out candy at our house, I will probably wear a mask (halloween inspired) like I would if I was grocery shopping or something, but otherwise nothing different on that side either. But we only get a dozen or so kids most years. 

Our neighborhood agreed to do something similar.  If you want to hand out candy, put them in individual bags for kids to take.
This is what we are doing. Filled and tied off our bags of candy yesterday while watching football. Will put them on a table out front for the kids to take, if we get any.

We moved in to a new house last year so this is our 2nd year with halloween here. Had like one kid last year which surprised us as there are a lot of kids in the neighborhood.  So, we got candy but have no idea how many kids we'll get.  And now you've all got me wondering whether I should put the candy in little bags and/or wear rubber gloves in addition to a mask.

I will be sitting in the garage with candy on a table, I'll let the kids pick a couple items.

I want the kids of the neighborhood get a Halloween, but I'm going to do it safely.

I am going to stand outside with a big bucket of candy. Putting a railroad tie barricade at the end of my driveway. I will have a hose with me. I will throw the candy to the kids but they have to catch it. If they dont and try to pick it up I am going to spray them with the hose. 

Please help me think of some good insults for the kids that drop it.

Clown Car said:
One of us will take the kids trick or treating. One of us will sit on the porch and give out candy. I don’t think that’s any riskier than going to the grocery store. 
Yup.  

Being in California, the weather should be nice.  So we'll put masks on (I have a Chewbacca one, and a Chewie t-shirt... BAM Halloween costume done) and walk the neighborhood and the neighborhood adjacent to us.  We'll avoid the houses that have a ton of people congregated and get the kids some damn candy.

And we'll leave a bucket of candy at our house while we're gone.

Oh and we're having a Halloween party for the neighborhood kids on Friday (combined with son's b-day).  All activities are outside and these kids have been hanging out together for months now anyways.

Shrug.

A couple friends of ours came up with a great idea.  They set up a pumpkin carving party at a local park on Halloween.  They are getting all the supplies needed to carve and decorate pumpkins for the kids.  It's about 12 families invited, we just need to show up with a small pumpkin for each kid that they can work on.  A couple hours, kids get to have fun, don't need to be right on top of each other, and will take the place of trick or treating.  Will be doing snack bags to take home afterward.

I'm actually looking forward to it and think our girls will love it.

Last edited by a moderator:
 Mrs and I saw a lot of new families move in over the last year and we thought about at least stuffing some candy sacks with a mish mash of skittle packs, M&Ms etc and just dropping a couple of them in the mailboxes or front porch of anyone with Halloween decorations. I don't think that is spreading the CV from what I have gathered but if anyone thinks that is crazy or they would immediately throw the factory sealed candy in the trash, please let us know. 

shuke said:
Kinda where I'm leaning, GB.  Fire pit, cooler, table with candy.  Might make some chili as it's going to be a little cold.  

Are you dressing up?  Is anybody dressing up?  I am not much for Halloween, but the wife and kids are putting pressure on me and since this year has been hell for a lot of us, I figured I could loosen up and find something to wear.  I'm just not very creative.  

Kinda where I'm leaning, GB.  Fire pit, cooler, table with candy.  Might make some chili as it's going to be a little cold.  

Are you dressing up?  Is anybody dressing up?  I am not much for Halloween, but the wife and kids are putting pressure on me and since this year has been hell for a lot of us, I figured I could loosen up and find something to wear.  I'm just not very creative.  
Go as Shuke

We are usually besieged by 150-250 trick or treaters.  Expecting that number to be way down this year but bought plenty of candy just in case.  Aside from wearing a mask, gloves, and handing out candy to each kid individually, I don't plan on doing anything special.

This. A pandemic doesn't take a break for manmade holidays. It sucks but it is what it is.
We usually have 300 plus trick or treaters. We are going to turn the lights off and sit this year out. Probably make some good food, drink and watch scary movies. 

Not happy about it, but it will just have to be this way this year. 

Still having a neighborhood Halloween party,  still going to be taking the kids around on a hayride trick or treat in my trailer.

So..  not much different than last year.

Users who are viewing this thread