What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Had enough of Michael Thomas? (1 Viewer)

Willieisdead

Footballguy
I've gone from being poised to start making a nice mid-season run with Thomas back in the line-up to now getting clubbed for the second week in a row.

Thomas out; Jamison Crowder as backup is a scratch so I follow the advice of my League Dominator and start Tre'Quan Smith for Thomas. Run him out there with DK Metcalf at the other WR spot and get clobbered. The only think more ridiculous than starting Smith was seeing him outscore Metcalf.

#BizarroWorld

If you're a team in good shape Thomas might be a good buy low candidate to help you make a playoff run.  Just wondering what type of deals people are seeing for him, what type of deal would you take to unload him, and what would you give up to acquire him at this point?  

If you're a team in good shape Thomas might be a good buy low candidate to help you make a playoff run.  Just wondering what type of deals people are seeing for him, what type of deal would you take to unload him, and what would you give up to acquire him at this point?  
At this point I'd take a 10-15pt/wk guy who actually shows up.

Have him in an auction league, paid top dollar. So far my ROI is absolutely horrid.

Using cost-per-point as a measure of efficiency, I'd have been better off lighting my money on fire. He has 4.7 pts total to-date. At this point I've paid $19.78 a point.

QBs are near impossible to trade but I essentially traded Lamar Jackson for MT.  I know its frustrating for owners but the weekly upside is absolutely intact.

I was offered Godwin, Dobbins, Lindsey, PWilliams for MT in my dynasty league.  I passed.   But I have DJM, Lockett, McLaurin to man the ship while we wait for Captain Mike.

Are you serious Clark??  :shock:
Yes.  The actual deal is Godwin, Dobbins, Lindsey, PWill for MT, and my worst 3 guys on the end of my bench.  Here's the deal.....I have Lamar, Cook, Ekeler, Sanders, MT, Lockett, McLaurin, DJM, Kittle......The only dude I would ever start is Godwin and I personally don't think Godwin is particluarly better than Lockett/McLaurin/DJM, SO why not just use those 3 guys an wait it out with MT instead of selling him at his career low?  Here's a quote from a dynasty advice board that I agree with:  " I understand the frustration, but I would never recommend selling any asset, much less an elite one at their low point. He will be back and more then likely elite again."  And here's another: "I don't like selling MT at his current value and while you are currently weak at RB due to injury, I'm not sure Dobbins is the answer for this year as a contender. I guess Godwin/Dobbins/Lindsay "might" be good value for your squad so that you can rollout one of Lindsay/Dobbins if your RB struggles continue - but I think I'd still rather piecemeal RB2 and rollout a healthy MT vs Godwin when the playoffs roll around. I would instead try and move AB+ for a different stopgap RB."

Last edited by a moderator:
FP still has MT at WR6 ROS and Godwin at 15.   I don't like Ravens rbs because the only consistent runner is my QB.  I get that I could flip Dobbins, but the guy making the offer is a trading addict and I think Dobbins would have already been shipped to another owner if he had good demand.

That is what I meant.  See the quotes above for some of my the opinions that are contrary to this board.
Fair enough.  If this season's injuries is any sign of the future though, I'd take those 4 guys over MT in a heartbeat.  Your starting line up might be better with MT than with those 4, but your overall team probably won't be in my opinion.

Before kickoff this past Sunday, 

MT went for Antonio Gibson & Golladay.

Team trading away MT is 1-5.

12 teams, ppr 

His injuries make me so nervous. I just got offered him for Edmonds and I’m seriously not sure if I want to take it. 

There was merit to the OP until he made it all about his team. 

I also think it must be excruciating owning this guy in 2020 redraft leagues. We thought in Week 1 that he might be back as soon as Week 4 but then it was 5 and then 6 as other things besides an injury started to surface and Week 7 is a no show to boot, we are now entering Week 8, when is enough ENOUGH?

That's the real question, what are fans and FFMs of Thomas doing right now?

I also think it must be excruciating owning this guy in 2020 redraft leagues. We thought in Week 1 that he might be back as soon as Week 4 but then it was 5 and then 6 as other things besides an injury started to surface and Week 7 is a no show to boot, we are now entering Week 8, when is enough ENOUGH?

See above. I’d love to hear your opinions. 

Gibson & Galloway is gross?  Maybe you value MT too highly?   A little older, a little banged up, a diva attitude?  Life without Payton and Brees might not be the same.

That’s gross. 
It's extremely clear that he values MT too highly.  Most people do with their players especially in dynasty.  I think Gibson+Golladay is good return.

I was considering trying to buy low in redraft but his situation is gaining a "2019 AJ Green" energy to it. You're obviously banking on MT getting healthy and resuming being MT (and that's where the current asking price seems to be) but there are lots of less desirable outcomes in play and most of them have season-crushing implications in redraft. Combining "banged up" with "attitude problem" (if there's anything to that) with a scenario where the Saints fall off the play-off pace, it could be a lost season for him.

midweek, day before they essentially ruled him out for the next 2 weeks, I moved him... Id finally had enough (I posted this in the dynasty thread that day)

1PPR Keep 3 (infinite keep length) league:

Gave: MT

Got: Lamb + 2021 2nd rnd pick

despite a 0 from Lamb this past sunday, Id redo the trade 100x out of 100.

midweek, day before they essentially ruled him out for the next 2 weeks, I moved him... Id finally had enough (I posted this in the dynasty thread that day)

1PPR Keep 3 (infinite keep length) league:

Gave: MT

Got: Lamb + 2021 2nd rnd pick

despite a 0 from Lamb this past sunday, Id redo the trade 100x out of 100.
Agreed, and a 2nd in a keep 3 is a significant piece.

It's extremely clear that he values MT too highly.  Most people do with their players especially in dynasty.  I think Gibson+Golladay is good return.
Pretty sure I couldn’t get Gibson and Galloway for him right now

Sat was offered in a dynasty PPR:

MT and a 3rd

for

AJ Brown and a 1st

Damn near broke my hand trying to hulk smash the accept button...

Sat was offered in a dynasty PPR:

MT and a 3rd

for

AJ Brown and a 1st

You acquired MT, right?  I don't get the level of hate on this board.  I mean I do feel the emotions mentioned above, but what did the guy have to do last year to get some respect?  Just surprised so many are advising to sell him at his career low.  

You acquired MT, right?  I don't get the level of hate on this board.  I mean I do feel the emotions mentioned above, but what did the guy have to do last year to get some respect?  Just surprised so many are advising to sell him at his career low.  
Nope, I sold MT. I see the writing on the wall with his AB type diva issues and was even considering selling him after his big season last year. He got suspended a game (we know it was inactive but lets get real, they didn't want him that game) this year because he punched a teammate. Then all the twitter rants and even the rumors floating of him being traded. Where would he end up - imagine him going to someplace like the Jets, Jags or WFT.....his stock would plummet before he even played a game. 

Now all the above is speculative and could come to nothing but the thing that is one of the biggest of the red flags for me is Brees has this year and maybe next year, then what? Winston? T.Hill? I can see a drop off and now I could get great value for him. 

So it seems to me MT's value is all over the place.  Just as a frame of reference, I saw him traded straight up for Amari Cooper last week in a league.  I think the Thomas owner was just fed up and the Cooper owner was spooked by the QB situation and how bad that team is right now.    

I currently have an offer on the table in a ppr league where the MT owner is trying to get DAndre Swift.  I also happen to have Dalvin Cook, Miles Sanders, Nick Chubb, and Chase Edmonds and am sitting in a pretty good spot record wise, so I'm thinking about it.  

I don't think it's a lack of respect as much as recognizing that:

• last year was his apex in terms of production; and
  • factors are in play that make it possible he never approaches that production again 
I'm not saying he can't stay in NO (post Brees) and be productive or go elsewhere and be productive. I just don't think those are certainties so if someone in your league is willing to back up the Brinks truck in front of your door for him, it might be worth considering.

I don't think it's a lack of respect as much as recognizing that:

• last year was his apex in terms of production; and
  • factors are in play that make it possible he never approaches that production again 
I'm not saying he can't stay in NO (post Brees) and be productive or go elsewhere and be productive. I just don't think those are certainties so if someone in your league is willing to back up the Brinks truck in front of your door for him, it might be worth considering.
I get that.  The Godwin news throws a monkey wrench in.

I get that.  The Godwin news throws a monkey wrench in.
Fair enough. Brady's victory lap in Tampa is a bit like Don Henley getting the Eagles back together - it'll be great for awhile but I can't see it lasting long. When they have to blow that team up, it could leave a huge, smoking crater...

Fair enough. Brady's victory lap in Tampa is a bit like Don Henley getting the Eagles back together - it'll be great for awhile but I can't see it lasting long. When they have to blow that team up, it could leave a huge, smoking crater...
LOL, good comparison.  I have AB stashed....feeling like waiting a minute on all this to see how it plays out.

Dacomish said:
MT and a 3rd

for

AJ Brown and a 1st

SCT said:
You acquired MT, right? I don't get the level of hate on this board
It's not hate... he is still great and a great asset.  You really think that MT+3 is worth way more than Brown+1st????

It's not hate... he is still great and a great asset.  You really think that MT+3 is worth way more than Brown+1st????
No it's a fair trade I was just thinking he was on the MT side and it was good to see someone else that wants Michael Thomas on their dynasty roster.

No it's a fair trade I was just thinking he was on the MT side and it was good to see someone else that wants Michael Thomas on their dynasty roster.
Ya I think it's a pretty even deal.  If rebuilding then would definitely take the 1st and Brown.

I'm a multiple dynasty MT owner. But Brown and a first is a great deal.

Weekly difference in scoring between MT and AJ not much.

Add in the difference that first can make to a position in your team.

Plus AJ is younger and hungrier.

I'm a multiple dynasty MT owner. But Brown and a first is a great deal.

Weekly difference in scoring between MT and AJ not much.

Add in the difference that first can make to a position in your team.

Plus AJ is younger and hungrier.
What do you think of the deal I'm weighing?  Godwin, Dobbins, Lindsay, Tannehill, PWill?

Users who are viewing this thread