What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Official CHI Bears @ LAR Rams MNF Thread* (1 Viewer)

I mean, I am used to be sold to every waking moment. And watching TV has become such a overwhelming barrage of consumerism and never ceasing commercials.

But that opening? Did that have anything to do at all with the football game?

I get why they did it given who owns ESPN. But why don't they just digitally replace with all helmets with Mandalorian helmets and the ball as a CGI projection of Baby Yoda and just get it over with.

But that opening? Did that have anything to do at all with the football game?
I think there's going to be a consumer revolution of some sort some day and that synergy will be a lot less appealing to marketers than they think.

But I didn't mind the Baby Yoda opening. (I also have the sound fully down because pre-game hasn't had any information about the game in a long time. It's all about ratings, too, especially at the national level. It tries to sell a narrative rather than presenting us with information about the game. It's sick and disgusting and disheartening, really, but there's not much you or I can do about it.)

I fully expected this to be the Too Clever By Half Bowl, and so far neither coach has disappointed me.

What in God’s name was that third-down call?

That is exactly what the Bears defense does to you, you're having a nice smooth drive and all the sudden you're punting.

Rams defense hasn't had a sack or turnover in almost 6 quarters

(edit: the very next play they get a sack. I should try that more often)

Last edited by a moderator:
Feel like we’re dominating this game yet only up 7. Hate that, almost never turns out good when that happens.  

Does anyone remember when Cooper Kupp was a BIG part of the offense? He still has solid outings but he was explosive when he came into the league and he seems like he could explode still but they rarely call his number, he does well when they throw to him 3 or 4 times on the same drive and it usually opens up the outside routes for Woods, etc...

As much Flanderization as Berman has undergone and become a characterization of himself?

Still will never not like the way he always says RRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAIDAAAAAAAAAHS! in his recaps.

Punters really don't get enough love for what they do.

A good punter is truly gold, and super interesting to watch in terms of the different spins they put on the ball in different situations.

Montgomery for less than one. He's so unimpressive.
My son needs a couple more points tonight and I tried to tell him to just release him Sunday morning and grab Williams from Green Bay(softer league) for his Flex "But Dad, he's probably only playing for 1 week"...maybe Monty will bust one for 30 yards. 

Users who are viewing this thread