Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Stompin' Tom Connors

*Official CHI Bears @ LAR Rams MNF Thread*

1 minute ago, barackdhouse said:

For the last year we've been talking about how Montgomery has some of the best 2 yard runs we've seen. So give it to him. Call a basic off tackle trap play FFS. 

It's the one thing he does really well. You need 1 yard, Montgomery gets you 2. You need 3 yards, Montgomery gets you 2.

Someone else needs to call the Bear's offensive plays. I have seen enough of Nagy to know he can't call plays with the Bears current personnel. 

Did Nagy not absorb anything from working with Andy in KC. This scheme and game plan is a joke. Yeah a bitter ARob and Monty owner only needing a combined 17 PPR points and not looking to happen.

1 minute ago, yoman said:

Someone else needs to call the Bear's offensive plays. I have seen enough of Nagy to know he can't call plays with the Bears current personnel. 

Changing call playing duties is step 10. This is only step 2. 

1 minute ago, mbuehner said:

It's the one thing he does really well. You need 1 yard, Montgomery gets you 2. You need 3 yards, Montgomery gets you 2.

Between the O line and the play calling, I'm still not sure how to judge Montgomery.....

2 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

I thought I saw Henderson come up gimpy. Hasn't been in since and Akers even got a look.

Awkward tackle on his last run. I think he’s done for the evening.

gd sloman...rams kicker situation is going to rear its ugly head later in a bad way.

I thought I saw Henderson come up gimpy. Hasn't been in since and Akers even got a look.

I saw that too. Then the cameras cut to closeups of the head coaches for a long time, as if a streaker had run on to the field. 😅

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

3 minutes ago, dmac37 said:

Did Nagy not absorb anything from working with Andy in KC. This scheme and game plan is a joke. Yeah a bitter ARob and Monty owner only needing a combined 17 PPR points and not looking to happen.

Doesn't make you wrong. 

2 minutes ago, dmac37 said:

Between the O line and the play calling, I'm still not sure how to judge Montgomery.....

This is what I've been saying the whole time. But it's the Bears as a whole that have made me avoid Monty altogether. 

4 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

Changing call playing duties is step 10. This is only step 2. 

It reminds me of Mike Martz. He used to call plays that required having an all-pro left tackle and great o line like he did with the Rams. The Bears O Line sucked and he used to call plays that would take too long to develop.  

Edited by yoman
  • Like 2

Gotta admit I had to close my eyes when they replayed that injury. 

Just now, Truebluey said:

The league this offseason needs to mandate all teams go to natural grass fields by next year. Just way too many injuries that don’t need to happen on these artificial fields.

1 minute ago, yoman said:

It reminds me of Mike Martz. He used to call plays that required having an all-pro line like he did with the Rams. The Bears O Line sucked and he used to call plays that would take too long to develop.  

That mother####er gave Olsen away because he didn't fit his stupid scheme. Still pissed off. 

His pass play verbiage was so complicated and his run game verbiage simple that teams would tee off if the huddle broke off quick. And the whole Warner >> Cutler thing. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

This is what I've been saying the whole time. But it's the Bears as a whole that have made me avoid Monty altogether. 

I took 0 Bears this year except the defense. Even passed on ARob around his ADP. Nothing to like on offense, and the defense is too good to fall so far behind that the offense gets garbage time fantasy points.

3 minutes ago, Truebluey said:

I haven't watched an injury replay in a long time, I turn my head for the most part or change the station, just no interest in viewing it but I know it really excites some fans for whatever reason. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pip's Invitation said:

I took 0 Bears this year except the defense. Even passed on ARob around his ADP. Nothing to like on offense, and the defense is too good to fall so far behind that the offense gets garbage time fantasy points.

Robinson is a firm WR2 in points, though. He's not that far off from his ADP at all. He fell in our Summerpalooza draft and I was happy and tickled to get him. He gets his almost every week, it seems.

eta* In fact, in PPR, he's WR12, which makes him a back-end WR1.

Edited by rockaction

Foles needs to get rid of the ball. The line sucks and isn't giving him enough time. 

18 minutes ago, chad in Indy said:

What is the fetish with the Patterson experiment? Ridiculous. Get over it. He's not good. Just dumb in 4th and 1

Same thing that drives the Taysom Hill experiment.

It's edgy and cool experimentation!

1 minute ago, rockaction said:

Robinson is a firm WR2 in points, though. He's not that far off from his ADP at all. He fell in our Summerpalooza draft and I was happy and tickled to get him. He gets his almost every week, it seems.

eta* In fact, in PPR, he's WR12, which makes him a back-end WR1.

Yeah if I knew he'd be doing as well I would have taken him. But my rationale was like his. Oooh Henderson is back in.

And ooh, Chicago just scored like lightning. This might become a game at some point. 

Not sure what Foles does that Trubisky couldn't. He might be 'safer', but he limits any ceiling this offense has. 

Lol I think the posing for the photo thing is so dumb. But especially when you're still getting destroyed. Still. Let's rally.

I can’t say I’m surprised that the Bears D has outscored the Bears O.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rockaction said:

And ooh, Chicago just scored like lightning. This might become a game at some point. 

Wake me up if it happens. 

3 minutes ago, Ministry of Pain said:

Anyone ahead or behind by less than a handful of points as the 4th quarter starts to wind down in a lopsided victory?

I clinched the win a long time ago - need 6 points to set a record for weekly scoring in my league.  Started Adams, Lockett and Herbert so that helped.

• Like 1

Just now, RushHour said:

Not sure what Foles does that Trubisky couldn't. He might be 'safer', but he limits any ceiling this offense has. 

Yeah I was expecting more. Unless I start seeing it I'm inclined to agree. But Trubisky isn't the answer.

2 minutes ago, Ministry of Pain said:

Anyone ahead or behind by less than a handful of points as the 4th quarter starts to wind down in a lopsided victory?

In a full blown sweat. I have Monty and Arob down 170.60 to 170.18, just need one catch by either.

• Like 1

Rams gonna take a knee for the rest of their offensive plays ala the waterboy. 

5 minutes ago, Ministry of Pain said:

Well funny you should say because I needed to fade about 12 by the Bears D and I think that just sealed it. 

• Laughing 1

1 minute ago, themeistersinger said:

I clinched the win a long time ago - need 6 points to set a record for weekly scoring in my league.  Started Adams, Lockett and Herbert so that helped.

Just now, dmac37 said:

In a full blown sweat. I have Monty and Arob down 170.60 to 170.18, just need one catch by either.

If Kupp were to do what Woods did on the last drive I would flip from a Win to a Loss, we lose 2 for fumbles.

4 minutes ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

Same thing that drives the Taysom Hill experiment.

It's edgy and cool experimentation!

Well. The Taysom Hill actually results in positive plays fairly regularly, so more defensible. I havent seen Patterson have a positive play yet. 

2 minutes ago, RushHour said:

Complete a 5 yard pass consistently?

Well funny you should say because I needed to fade about 12 by the Bears D and I think that just sealed it. 

Sorry...what do you need?

My timing is impeccable 

20 minutes ago, yoman said:

Belichick couldn't do any better with this personnel group. At least they have the defense. 

1 minute ago, mbuehner said:

Complete a 5 yard pass consistently?

Either way, their offense is garbage. 

• Like 1