What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Are you getting a flu shot? (1 Viewer)

Do you normally get flu shot?

• I typically get a flu shot every year

Votes: 152 65.0%
  • I don't typically get a flu shot every year, but am getting one this year

Votes: 35 15.0%
  • I am not getting a flu shot

Votes: 47 20.1%

• Total voters

-fish-

Footballguy
Just wondering if the stronger recommendation to get a flu shot this year is making an impact.

Last edited by a moderator:
No. Haven't gotten one before and won't change now. The rest of my family gets it though. 

Used to get one every year at work but am now 100% remote. Need to stop being lazy and make an appointment.

I usually don’t, but I’ve only had the flu twice since the early 90s. This year is different so I got one. 

I had the flu (or covid) this past Feb. It was an awful week. I normally don't get one, but this year is different, so we got ours about 3 weeks ago.

Get one every year and this year is no different - already got it.  No clue if COVID would make me more likely to get it if I didn’t usually get it or not.

Already got mine.  I get every year.  My city had a drive-up flu shot event -- I did not even have to leave my car.

Already got one. 

Used to not get them. Had the flu about ten years ago. It was horrible, there were 3 days I don't even remember.  Now I get the shot. 

Wow.  Got mine at the grocery store.  No charge and they gave me a $10 gift card. Starting to wonder if I got a flu shot.
To be fair, it takes 15 minutes to buy a candy bar at the rite aid near me.  The customers and the staff both average around 70-75 years old.  

I was planning to anyways, but took my kids to get one at the pediatrician and just got one myself while i was there.  

Got mine a few weeks ago. Had to go 3 places. The grocery store was out of the brand my insurance covers. Walgreens had an hour wait. Ended up at CVS. They made me schedule an appointment with them on my phone while I was standing at the counter.  :rolleyes:

I was at Target to pick up a few things a week or two ago and realized I hadn't gotten one yet.  Walked over the the pharmacy and walked out of the store less than 10 minutes later.  Quick, easy, convenient, free, and I don't have any negative reactions to them, so why not?  I kind of feel it would be irresponsible of me to not get one.

Flu is supposed to be down this year, I wasn't planning on getting one. My daughter wanted one so I got one at the same time along with my son. My wife got hers at work. I also got my tetanus shot. I normally get a flu shot if I'm offered a free one. I do miss getting them some years.

I started getting flu shots about 3 years ago, they were free at work.

So yes I got one again this year

Got it last week.

My work has someone come in to give flu shots. So I get one. If they didn't, I probably wouldn't bother.

I strongly encourage everyone to please get a flu shot

I made an extremely long and boring post last year here about my brother almost dying from the flu (this was a year before Covid hit us.)  Why do I beat this drum?  It's not solely to protect yourself but it's also to protect your loved ones around you.  The other thing of it is, to me, there are things worse than dying from the flu. One of them is being stuck in the ICU for 6 months on life support while you slowly die from complications of the flu.  Another is that you end up on dialysis for the rest of your life.  Another one is that you have permanent lung damage (like my brother who is and always has been a non-smoker.)   All the while you suffer knowing that those horrible months spent languishing in the hospital or the long recovery or lifetime of physical complications could have been prevented with a free flu shot that takes just a few minutes of your time.  And I'm using myself as an example, I live a mile away from a CVS.  I drove my wife and son there, we left the house at 10:00 am on a Sunday and we were done by 10:10 am.

I've never gotten one and with all the precautions I'm taking now, I don't expect to get one this year either.

To be fair, it takes 15 minutes to buy a candy bar at the rite aid near me.  The customers and the staff both average around 70-75 years old.  
Let me be clear:  If you so much as THINK about bad mouthing Rite Aid again, we're coming to blows.  YOU HEAR ME!

Will be going to the greatest store on the planet tomorrow to get my Flu Shot.  :bowtie:

Yes, have been getting them for over 20 years (after once having a bad case of the flu) and never got the flu (or autism).

For reference, CDC estimated that 45% of US adults got a flu shot in the 2018-2019 flu season.

I cant recommend target enough. It was so easy and the waiting area is the size of a department store! I walked into a walgreens the other day and I felt like I was walking into a wall of covid. 

Users who are viewing this thread