What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020-21 NBA *Playoffs* Thread: Bucks are the champs and you can take that to the bank bromigos (8 Viewers)

not totally sure why okc even did this?

i guess maybe they feel like they are selling high on schroder (believable) and maybe they see green as a better asset for the trade deadline?  almost any contender will surely have interest in Green and I doubt that many would want Schroder.  I guess this makes sense in that way.  I know they get the 28 pick also, but seems like such a low marginal value.  I guess its still a swing that's better than Schroder.
I’m happy as a Laker fan. I was hoping they’d trade green/kuzma/28 for oladipo, so getting Schroeder instead and keeping kuzma is nice. 

i guess maybe they feel like they are selling high on schroder (believable) and maybe they see green as a better asset for the trade deadline?  almost any contender will surely have interest in Green and I doubt that many would want Schroder.  I guess this makes sense in that way.  I know they get the 28 pick also, but seems like such a low marginal value.  I guess its still a swing that's better than Schroder.
Aren’t they going in the tank? Seems like CP is on his way out too. 

Seems like a lot of Russ to Orlando rumors. Vegas had them as the second fave behind the Knicks. What an awful move that would be for both sides - he’d hate it and the franchise gets to what? A 6 seed? The type of move a directionless franchise would make. 

What would they even have to give up to get him? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like a lot of Russ to Orlando rumors. Vegas had them as the second fave behind the Knicks. What an awful move that would be for both sides - he’d hate it and the franchise gets to what? A 6 seed? The type of move a directionless franchise would make. 

What would Orlando send out to match salaries?

Long Ball Larry said:

yeah I think you pretty much nailed it. Schroder obviously isn't part of any sort of long-term plan, grab a pick and full steam ahead with the rebuild. 

Long Ball Larry said:
 they already have a million draft picks.  I’m sure they will move cp, but I don’t know that they have to or want to be terrible
I'd have to look, but they have their own pick, right? I think they might as well get that thing as high up as possible. If there was ever a year to truly bottom-out I think it'd be this one with no fans in the arena. 

I'd have to look, but they have their own pick, right? I think they might as well get that thing as high up as possible. If there was ever a year to truly bottom-out I think it'd be this one with no fans in the arena. 
Yeah, Pretty sure they have their own pick next year.  Probably have to because this years was traded.

There is certainly a logic to tanking for them.  Just saying that it is a much closer decision than it would be for a lot of teams since they have so many picks.  Though I guess none of them can be known  to be premium picks right now, even though several have a lot of upside

Yeah, exactly. Gotta cast a wide net with these picks. Although I'm starting get more and more optimistic about these future Rockets picks. 

Don’t think that’s enough.  That’s only like 32ish

my bad, Vuc is 26 this year, so that’s about 36.  That’s pretty close.
Vuc and T Ross would work.  T Ross seems like a perfect Rockets type of player.  Both are extended through 2023 however (as is Russ).  

Geesh, quick look at Eric Gordon is through 2024 at 20.9 million.  I'm sure that contract is going to age well.

Capella said:

My guess is Ross, Aminu and Gordon.  Vuc doesn’t make sense for Houston (of course Russ doesn’t make a tone of sense for the Magic either).

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn

ESPN Sources with @RamonaShelburne and @ZachLowe_NBA: As Houston’s James Harden considers his future with franchise, one possible trade destination is rising to top of his list: Brooklyn. The idea of reuniting with Kevin Durant and joining Kyrie Irving is resonating with Harden.

3:51 PM · Nov 15, 2020

:towelwave:

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn

ESPN Sources with @RamonaShelburne and @ZachLowe_NBA: As Houston’s James Harden considers his future with franchise, one possible trade destination is rising to top of his list: Brooklyn. The idea of reuniting with Kevin Durant and joining Kyrie Irving is resonating with Harden.

3:51 PM · Nov 15, 2020

:towelwave:
Durant will be relegated to standing in the corner waiting for a kick out from Harden or Kyrie with one second left in the shot clock. 

My guess is Ross, Aminu and Gordon.  Vuc doesn’t make sense for Houston (of course Russ doesn’t make a tone of sense for the Magic either).
Can’t trade Vuc because Mo Bamba can’t play at all. You can unload Gordon and hope Isaac and/or the Auburn rookie can replace him by the next season after this. 

I mean if the trade is essentially Russ for Gordon, with Vuc the Magic can sort of play Russ as the de facto center on offense like Houston did.  It’s not that outrageous a concept and is probably enough for the 8th seed. :towelwave:

Durant will be relegated to standing in the corner waiting for a kick out from Harden or Kyrie with one second left in the shot clock. 
I'm not at all convinced this would work for this reason.  That said, what does Brooklyn have to offer that would possibly make this worth Houston's while?

I'm not at all convinced this would work for this reason.  That said, what does Brooklyn have to offer that would possibly make this worth Houston's while?
Levert

dinwiddiE

allen

other salary filler 

firsts

although kyrie and kd would probably have to sign off on trading dinwiddie

Levert

dinwiddiE

allen

other salary filler 

firsts

Well that’s what they could trade, but it’s not worth Houston’s time.  The new GM is not going to give away an MVP for a bunch of mediocre salary filler and bad picks as his first major transaction. 

Well that’s what they could trade, but it’s not worth Houston’s time.  The new GM is not going to give away an MVP for a bunch of mediocre salary filler and bad picks as his first major transaction. 
If fertitta says he wants him to (because he wants the team to get cheaper) then i bet he will

Albert nahmad tweet

The deadline for Kelly Olynyk to exercise his player option with the Heat is Thursday, 11/19 at 5:00 pm ET.
Spotrac indicates that that is the deadline for most options 

Mon (Noon ET): Trade Window Opens
Mon (5PM ET): Anthony Davis Option Decision Due
Wed (7PM ET): Draft
Thu (5PM ET): Most Option Decisions Due
Fri (6PM ET): Negotiation Window Opens
Sun (Noon ET): Free Agency Begins

If fertitta says he wants him to (because he wants the team to get cheaper) then i bet he will
(1) I'm not sure he really saves money by just dumping a player of that caliber, and (2) I'm not even sure the Nets have the salaries to make it work without including DeAndre Jordan, who I assume KD & Kyrie deem untouchable (edit: never mind, the Trade Machine isn't factoring in Lavert's 20-21, post-extension salary yet).

Wolves get Devin Booker. 

Rockets get Kelly Oubre, James Johnson, Jarrett Culver, and Cheick Diallo. Plus #1 overall pick. 

Suns get Russell Westbrook, Eric Gordon, and Josh Okogie. Plus #17 overall pick. 

who says no?

Hornets interested in Westbrook.

Lemme guess....Batum and Rozier. And if you're Houston, I think you ought to consider it if includes anything else of substance.

I do think the Rockets won't have a problem getting off Westbrook's contract. I think the Knicks may be willing to flat absorb it if Dolan's calling the shots. 

I think for the first time, hornets may be able to move batum. Obviously to a team looking for space next summer. 
Rozier and Batum contracts are really bad, it would be classic Charlotte to make it worse by adding Westbrook. I hope this is just a rumor because the salaries match.

Batum opted in again tonight, but I agree someone may be swindled into his last year.

Charlotte is the third pick in a draft with 3 top players. Don't muck it up. Take the BPA and keep banking on Graham, PJ, and Miles Bridges to develop.

Speaking of the draft, I'm really curious what Golden State will do. Very rare to be the #2 with so much talent on your roster. Darko Miličić vibes all over this, but I think the worst thing to do would be to trade out. Get some young talent to put with your aging core IMO.

Rumor is they’re trying to unload Gordon. But I really don’t know. I highly doubt it happens. 
Gordon is an asset.  Declining contract like many the Magic sign (Vuc as well).  I'm sure they would like to get assets for him but skills plus contract he is a pretty good asset, unlike so many NBA contracts.

Four years ago the Bulls had two guard spots open and three players to choose from: Michael Carter-Williams, Isaiah Canaan and Spencer Dinwiddie. They kept Williams and Canaan. Oof.

John Paxson hit a couple of big-time jump shots as a player and that got him seventeen years as an atrocious GM. 

Fair to question if some teams may have Haliburton ranked higher than Ball. The former doesn't have the glaring weaknesses the latter does. Questions about both shooting ability and defense isn't the best combination. Have seen Haliburton ranked in a few top 5s I've watched.

Fair to question if some teams may have Haliburton ranked higher than Ball. The former doesn't have the glaring weaknesses the latter does. Questions about both shooting ability and defense isn't the best combination. Have seen Haliburton ranked in a few top 5s I've watched.
I think that Halliburton probably has a higher floor and a clear place to slot in in more teams, but he doesn’t really have the star upside.  Ball has the chance of being a star with his passing and vision and feel and length, though it is a low probability and definitely major bust potential.  

My guess (although not a confident one) is the Bulls will take Haliburton at 4.  I think they like Ball better though.

Adrian Wojnarowski: The Detroit Pistons are trading G Bruce Brown to the Brooklyn Nets for F Dzanan Musa and a 2021 second-round pick, sources tell ESPN. 

Nothing earthshattering, of course, but it's been so long since we've had trades!

Yep, I've seen those too :(  
I like Okongwu a lot.   One thing we can count on every year is the top three players picked won't end up the top three players in the draft when all is said and done.  It never works out that way.  I wouldn't be surprised at all if Okongwu ends up one of the better players.

I like Okongwu a lot.   One thing we can count on every year is the top three players picked won't end up the top three players in the draft when all is said and done.  It never works out that way.  I wouldn't be surprised at all if Okongwu ends up one of the better players.
I don't disagree with you as much this just feels like a typical Charlotte pick. I certainly see the upside with Okongwu. Would much rather see them take someone with a higher offensive ceiling as a fan. 

I don't disagree with you as much this just feels like a typical Charlotte pick. I certainly see the upside with Okongwu. Would much rather see them take someone with a higher offensive ceiling as a fan. 
ESPN now saying Minn takes edwards no 1 in their latest mock so Ball would drop to 3. 

My gut feel on the Celtics is that they want to make a deal moving Hayward for a defense first, rebounding PF/C.

Walker/Brown/Tatum/Smart are staying put. I believe Theis/RWilliams/GWilliams/Langford are also pieces they'll keep unless some team lures them away along with Hayward.  The rest of the roster will depend on how the Hayward thing shakes out.  I think they like a lot of those rotational guys for the culture fit if nothing else and won't look to shake things up unless necessary to facilitate a big trade.

Vuc and T Ross would work.  T Ross seems like a perfect Rockets type of player.  Both are extended through 2023 however (as is Russ).  

Geesh, quick look at Eric Gordon is through 2024 at 20.9 million.  I'm sure that contract is going to age well.
As an Orlando fan I'd rather have Vuc than Russ, straight up.

Users who are viewing this thread