What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What channel will you watch on election night? (1 Viewer)

sho nuff

Footballguy
Curious where everyone will be getting their updates.

I typically surf a bit of the networks to see who is less annoying and then pick one.  Avoiding CNN and FoxNews.

I always like standard NBC and ABC. I’ll toggle between the two of them. If trump loses I’ll flip over to Fox News to see the fallout. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Flip around. Probably CNN being the main one.

Really wish I had WGN. Would like to check out NewsNight.

It's hard for me to imagine watching TV on election night.
I am kind of shocked that so many folks in this forum pay so much attention to political tv in the first place. If it wasn't for this forum I would have no idea what the ratings were for news networks or individual shows. Still baffles me why so many people are invested in those ratings.

Why would people want to literally sit through HOURS of commercials on election day instead of just getting the same info in real time on their phone/tablet/computer?

I am kind of shocked that so many folks in this forum pay so much attention to political tv in the first place. If it wasn't for this forum I would have no idea what the ratings were for news networks or individual shows. Still baffles me why so many people are invested in those ratings.

Why would people want to literally sit through HOURS of commercials on election day instead of just getting the same info in real time on their phone/tablet/computer?
I’ll have my TV on and still get info from my tablet.  I don’t need to pay attention to the TV during commercials or other times when it’s not interesting.

I'll be online with about a dozen tabs open. I follow pretty much all of them and if anything really interesting happens it shows up on Twitter almost immediately. This is my superbowl. I'll be up all night and I took off work the day after.

sho nuff said:
Chicago style?

I did one a few months ago in the cast iron...it was fantastic.

Next purchase is a stone hefty enough to handle the high temps of the Kamado Joe and make it outside.
It comes out as more of a simple deep dish pizza than an actual Chicago style. I really enjoy making everything from scratch a lot more than I thought I would. Considering moving up to stone myself.

ABC.

I just like how they present the election. They have talking heads from both sides, and it's the one news channel I have found where they don't talk over each other. George Stephanopoulos does a really good job moderating the discussion, and the few times I have watched the talking heads have been really respectful to the folks on the other side during the discussion.

If it were up to me, probably NBC, ABC, or CBS network... but it will end up being whatever channel my wife wants to watch.

Last edited by a moderator:
What’s an election night? People really think this will be over in one night with states allowed to count mail in ballots days after the election is over?

• Thanks
Reactions: JAA
BoltBacker said:

This is the first time I’ve ever really cared. If Trump loses I won’t be happy but I’ll support the POTUS. If Trump wins the white women are going to lose their minds and I don’t want to miss a second of that. 

Fox

I'll probably record MSNBC to relive the evening if Trump wins. Although I seriously doubt there will be any final call until the end of November at the earliest.

krista4 said:
Yeah, Steve Kornacki is the bomb.  Worth watching some of the other MSNBC crap for him, especially now that there should no longer be any Chris Matthews.  
I wish there were a way to know when Kornacki, John King, Harry Enten, etc. are on - then just toggle to that channel. More analysis of data - less talking heads.

I wish there were a way to know when Kornacki, John King, Harry Enten, etc. are on - then just toggle to that channel. More analysis of data - less talking heads.
Record all three. Switch from one recording to the next to skip everything except the guy you want to see. If you're ever caught up to live on all three (doubtful), check out FFA/PSF for a bit then recheck your recordings.

I used to do this with NFL games so I could watch two games "live" at the same time without ever getting too far behind...back in my FF days.

ABC.

I just like how they present the election. They have talking heads from both sides, and it's the one news channel I have found where they don't talk over each other. George Stephanopoulos does a really good job moderating the discussion, and the few times I have watched the talking heads have been really respectful to the folks on the other side during the discussion.
They'll likely have Nate Silver too, for an extra dose of nerd.  

My first decision is, am I watching sober, tipsy, or drunk. 

Each has its merits. And also controls what channel/site i will focus on.

BoltBacker said:

Prior to 2016 I watched more cable news on election night than almost the rest of the year combined.  I find it interesting and as others pointed out, someone like Kornacki and the analytics are fascinating to me.  I don't have a channel I will watch but will tune in to that guy some.

Goodell's Alias said:
Whichever side is losing, same as always.

Thunderlips said:
I watch whatever network is losing.  The drama is better.  

This is the first time I’ve ever really cared. If Trump loses I won’t be happy but I’ll support the POTUS. If Trump wins the white women are going to lose their minds and I don’t want to miss a second of that. 

Fox

I'll probably record MSNBC to relive the evening if Trump wins. Although I seriously doubt there will be any final call until the end of November at the earliest.
This mindset of wanting to watch the other side melt down is a contributor to why things are not good now in politics - and I'm guilty of it too.

Prior to 2016 I watched more cable news on election night than almost the rest of the year combined.  I find it interesting and as others pointed out, someone like Kornacki and the analytics are fascinating to me.  I don't have a channel I will watch but will tune in to that guy some.
Honestly, the only two days a year where I watch any of the political cable news channels are election day and NYE, that's only because I actually like CNN's NYE show.

Election night is kinda like a big sporting event.  Sit down on the couch, crack a few beers and flip through the channels.

Hosting a watch party in discord imo. There will be Among Us going on between the tops of each hour, as anything from x:15 to x:59 basically garbage.

Users who are viewing this thread