What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

100 hours (1 Viewer)

I highly doubt that it'll be over that soon, no matter who wins. I think Biden will emerge the victor, but it's going to be pretty bad for the following month.

I believe we will confidently know Joe Biden is our next president by 11:00 EST Tuesday. I am counting down the hours now.
I hope you are right for two reasons - 1. I hope Biden wins and 2. I really need to get to bed at a decent hour Tuesday night because I have to get up super early for a trip.

My prediction,  11/3 it’s very close and Trump rails against voting fraud and Dems stealing the election.  

My second prediction is the sun rises in the east the morning of 11/4.  

If Texas or Florida falls convincingly there is truly nothing they can do. 
Haven’t you learnt anything from history? The optimistic Democrat usually suffers severe disappointment watching electoral results come in......every........single.....time.

Followed by comments regarding the sanity of the electorate, questioning their own beliefs, panning the candidates and then becoming optimistic about the next election........every......single.....time. 

Haven’t you learnt anything from history? The optimistic Democrat usually suffers severe disappointment watching electoral results come in......every........single.....time.

Followed by comments regarding the sanity of the electorate, questioning their own beliefs, panning the candidates and then becoming optimistic about the next election........every......single.....time
🤔 2 of the last 4 presidents were Democrats.   

I wish. This will go on for at least a week probably during which Trump will stir the pot with his supporters claiming all kinds of fraud and fomenting unrest. This guy really needs to be deported.

Followed by comments regarding the sanity of the electorate, questioning their own beliefs, panning the candidates and then becoming optimistic about the next election........every......single.....time. 
My statement was one of fact, not optimism. 

Yeah, if Florida is declared for him by that time, then that is the ballgame. However, if not, it will be a long evening and maybe a long week.
Hope I am wrong but With all the new voting methods I don`t expect a winner confirmed until late next week.

Yeah, we will likely know on election night. However, I have no idea if Trump will concede on election night.
I don't think he will concede on election night or ever, no matter how badly he loses. He will question and dispute the legitimacy of the election.

I don't think he will concede on election night or ever, no matter how badly he loses. He will question and dispute the legitimacy of the election.
If he were to lose Florida, North Carolina, Georgia, and Arizona on election night and all the networks call the race, I think he would concede on election night.

If he were to lose Florida, North Carolina, Georgia, and Arizona on election night and all the networks call the race, I think he would concede on election night.
I put the chance of him conceding at virtually 0%.  The most he would say is “we’ll have to see”.  I would be shocked if he came out and said anything close to “we lost” and I’ll eat my hat if he were to congratulate Biden. 

That’s quite the optimism. I think Georgia is more in play than Texas. Or Arizona. 
I think he wins Georgia and Arizona too. I think Georgia will probably be the first call that let's us know it is over. Texas is a bit optimistic 538 puts Biden's odds at 37%. I think the huge turnout has to favor Biden. I expect him to outperform everywhere. 

I put the chance of him conceding at virtually 0%.  The most he would say is “we’ll have to see”.  I would be shocked if he came out and said anything close to “we lost” and I’ll eat my hat if he were to congratulate Biden. 
Coming out now that he's going to continue rallies after the election.  The only reason I can see is that he knows he's going to lose and he'll use the rallies to motivate his armed rightists to action.  

Coming out now that he's going to continue rallies after the election.  The only reason I can see is that he knows he's going to lose and he'll use the rallies to motivate his armed rightists to action.  
Some nutbag on Twitter posts a bunch of wildly unsubstantiated claims and Godwins the thing and you feel that's an appropriate link here?

Good job.

Not voting Trump, but this is just stupid. 

Some nutbag on Twitter posts a bunch of wildly unsubstantiated claims and Godwins the thing and you feel that's an appropriate link here?

Good job.

Which source would you be satisfied with to let you know this actually happened?

You should make a practice of doing a little more research before calling things / people stupid.

The man has no morals or humility. Of course he is going to be an angry toddler on his way out.

Good job.

Unfortunately Rock, this did happen.  It’s depressing on many levels. 

Which source would you be satisfied with to let you know this actually happened?

You should make a practice of doing a little more research before calling things / people stupid.
I would have preferred the source be somebody different than Dr. Eric whoever, but if it happened, then I guess it's mea culpa.

Still a bum link to a bum account considering the standards we all seem to be held to here.

This is what happens and how you might lose Texas, I guess.
For sure, and unfortunately it’s a looking glass for the state of American politics today.  That’s the really scary imo, and I’m not speaking to its effects on this election per se but to its longer term ramifications.   

I would have preferred the source be somebody different than Dr. Eric whoever, but if it happened, then I guess it's mea culpa.

Still a bum link to a bum account considering the standards we all seem to be held to here.
I hear you. I didn't want this to be true either. Unfortunately it seems it is.

Further, I agree with you to an extent that jumping to Godwin is an overstatement. But it's not stupid. Some parallels are valid in terms of use of violence, or threat of violence, to intimidate voters and short circuit free elections. Left unchecked the door is open to autocracy. Trump's too lazy to organize these folks who are ready to conduct violence against their countrymen in his name effectively, but that they exist and feel uninhibited enough to act out is troublesome.

I believe we will confidently know Joe Biden is our next president by 11:00 EST Tuesday. I am counting down the hours now.
I know that it's almost contrarian at this point, but I think I 98% agree with you with some caveats. First off, "we" does not mean Trump. I think I'm feeling less confident than I was earlier this week that the major networks will call it by the for one reason: Michigan. It's almost certainly going to Biden. If it doesn't, Biden probably loses MN and Wisconsin in which case the race might be called for Trump anyway on Tuesday. If Biden wins MI, then any of NC, GA, AZ, OH, FL, TX, or PA basically clinches the election. We will know some or most (not PA it sounds like) of those Tuesday night. If Biden takes two of those (OR one + IA and NV OR one of the bigger ones like TX or FL), and he honestly may not, then I expect will get Tuesday night calls. If Trump wins WI and MN, we'll get calls for him.

But I'm on the side of Trump will be tweeting 10 years from now that 8 million illegal ballots were cast and he didn't really lose. Somewhere Al Gore and John Kerry, who each could have raised a bigger stink than they did even if they ultimately still lost, will be rolling their eyes.

But I think most people who are engaged will know who is going to win by the time they wake up on Wednesday even if they don't stay up late like the nerds in the PSF.

I don't.

I don't think Texas will flip, and I've seen FLA behave so differently than expectations that I have zero idea what will happen there. But they do often get their tallies in that night so if FLA goes blue that could cinch it for Biden. 

If not, this will likely come down to states that won't have definitive counts until days after the election. I think that's where the race will hang in the balance. Specifically:

• Georgia -- tight race so far, with 16 electoral votes, and won't IMO be decided on election night
  • Michigan - race here favors Biden but I don't think we'll see a definitive call until Wed.
  • Wisconsin - also seems to lean Biden but also don't think we'll see this state called on Tuesday
  • Texas -- Trump has over a 63% chance winning here currently but late-arriving ballots will also mean that calling this state won't happen until Wed. 
  • Arizona -- Biden has the lead but it seems super tight and this will likely be a close race that can take days to call
  • Pennsylvania -- they aren't allowed to start processing mail ballots until Tuesday morning and require a verification process that will take longer to count than in-person ballots.
Those are some key swing states with meaningful numbers of electoral votes, and while I believe Biden carries the day, I don't think we'll see that called before 11 PM Tuesday.

This is also the most litigious race in American history with lawsuits primarily pertaining to counting votes. Unsurprisingly many of these focus on the above states. 

What I do hope is that this race is easily called in the days following Election Day, as opposed to having to be thrown over the courts to decide.

I think there is too much partisan bias going on there for a truly impartial judgment to be made.

I appreciate the optimism of some in this thread but I see the outcome very differently. The playbook is already written for this. 

Trump will declare victory or dispute the results Tuesday night. There will be recounts in several states that will be marred by protests. Militia/Proudboys/boogaloo types will use intimidation to impact the count (taking a page out of the 2000 Republican playbook in Miami) and R attorneys will litigate this to the Supreme Court. Thousands of votes will be thrown out or deemed fraudulent and Trump will be be declared the winner by the Supreme Court. 

In 4 years Ivanka will be declared the first female president.  Dystopia in full effect. 

Stompin' Tom Connors said:
I don't.

I don't think Texas will flip, and I've seen FLA behave so differently than expectations that I have zero idea what will happen there. But they do often get their tallies in that night so if FLA goes blue that could cinch it for Biden. 

If not, this will likely come down to states that won't have definitive counts until days after the election. I think that's where the race will hang in the balance. Specifically:

• Georgia -- tight race so far, with 16 electoral votes, and won't IMO be decided on election night
  • Michigan - race here favors Biden but I don't think we'll see a definitive call until Wed.
  • Wisconsin - also seems to lean Biden but also don't think we'll see this state called on Tuesday
  • Texas -- Trump has over a 63% chance winning here currently but late-arriving ballots will also mean that calling this state won't happen until Wed. 
  • Arizona -- Biden has the lead but it seems super tight and this will likely be a close race that can take days to call
  • Pennsylvania -- they aren't allowed to start processing mail ballots until Tuesday morning and require a verification process that will take longer to count than in-person ballots.
Those are some key swing states with meaningful numbers of electoral votes, and while I believe Biden carries the day, I don't think we'll see that called before 11 PM Tuesday.

This is also the most litigious race in American history with lawsuits primarily pertaining to counting votes. Unsurprisingly many of these focus on the above states. 

What I do hope is that this race is easily called in the days following Election Day, as opposed to having to be thrown over the courts to decide.

I think there is too much partisan bias going on there for a truly impartial judgment to be made.
The fact that the media says Georgia and Texas are close makes laugh.

I appreciate the optimism of some in this thread but I see the outcome very differently. The playbook is already written for this. 

Trump will declare victory or dispute the results Tuesday night. There will be recounts in several states that will be marred by protests. Militia/Proudboys/boogaloo types will use intimidation to impact the count (taking a page out of the 2000 Republican playbook in Miami) and R attorneys will litigate this to the Supreme Court. Thousands of votes will be thrown out or deemed fraudulent and Trump will be be declared the winner by the Supreme Court. 

In 4 years Ivanka will be declared the first female president.  Dystopia in full effect. 
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-reportedly-planning-declare-election-200600644.html

If Texas or Florida falls convincingly there is truly nothing they can do. 

Mondale lost because he was a historically bad candidate! The Dems fixed that problem by nominating Dukakis.

Gore lost because he was a historically bad candidate! The Dems fixed that problem by nominating John Kerry.

Hillary lost because she was a historically bad candidate! The Dems fixed that problem by nominating Joe Biden. :oldunsure:

Mondale lost because he was a historically bad candidate! The Dems fixed that problem by nominating Dukakis.

Gore lost because he was a historically bad candidate! The Dems fixed that problem by nominating John Kerry.

Hillary lost because she was a historically bad candidate! The Dems fixed that problem by nominating Joe Biden. :oldunsure:
Biden is over 50% on whatever their likeability polling is. Definitely nowhere near a historically bad candidate. 

Users who are viewing this thread