What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Guillotine League Waiver Discussion (1 Viewer)

Hurl Bruce

Footballguy
Wasn't sure if this should go somewhere else, but I think it has a place here.

We're coming up on the final 7 in my guillotine league.

In the league I do through MFL.com, we run waivers all season.  I know some sites end when there are certain number of teams left, but mine is not like that.

I know that this week's games are not over, but the low man headed into tonight's game is down 39 with Adam Thielen left to play.  It will be very difficult for him to make up that gap.  Assuming that happens, the big fish for the next week's bids is Davante Adams.

I'm sitting with the most money left at $541. Second most is $433. I really don't know what the best route to go here is. My league we start 3 WR with a flex option. I currently have: Keenan, AJBrown, Golladay, Boyd, Jeudy, Jefferson.

The second most has a potential starting lineup of:

• QB: Rodgers
  • RB: Cook, Aaron Jones
  • WR: Julio, Nuk, Evans
  • TE: Hockenson
  • Flex: Hunt
He also has guys on his bench like Gibson, Claypool, Higgins, Chris Carson, Goedert.  If he adds Adams, then he's locked in for the duration and he doesn't need much of a budget anymore.

My team:

• QB: Wilson
  • RB: Jacobs, Mike Davis
  • WR: Keenan, AJ Brown, Boyd
  • TE: Andrews (lost Kittle)
  • Flex: Jefferson
Bench: Big Ben, Mostert, Gaskin, David Johnson, Golladay, Jeudy, Gronk.

There are RB's like Elliot and Ekeler available, but not much else. I really need Mostert back.   Thielen, Fulgham, Kupp are also going to be available.

So, the question is do I go in hard on Adams or put in a middling bid compared to the next highest bidder who has $257 left?

Interesting dilemma.  I have never played in one of these leagues so I don't have any experience with managing a budget for this type of thing.  I guess it boils down to how important is having money left after this week.  I would also guess that knowing the bidding history of that guy and how much he is likely to spend on Adams would be of value and play into the decision.  

I wish I had more wisdom on the subject but it's a new one to me.  Good Luck.

Go 434 and get Davante. AJ Brown and Boyd are inconsistent....you need the improvement if you’re going to compete against that other team.

RB will be available later and cheaper

Go 434 and get Davante. AJ Brown and Boyd are inconsistent....you need the improvement if you’re going to compete against that other team.

RB will be available later and cheaper
I took a chance and went $260 and got him.  The loaded roster didn't even put in a bid.  Either did the next largest bankroll.  Could have got him for $161.  I'm happy though.

I also got Austin Ekeler for $13.

I'm now at $268, which is second highest and $18 more than third.  

Our waivers run tomorrow and go for the ENTIRE SEASON.

Budgets: 1)433, 2)ME-268 3)250, 4)205, 5)83, 6)25

CMC, Henry, Zeke, and DK are FAs.

My RBs: Jacobs, Davis, Mostert, Monty, Ekeler

Bid $251 on both CMC and Henry and be happy getting one or save money for later?

Our waivers run tomorrow and go for the ENTIRE SEASON.

Budgets: 1)433, 2)ME-268 3)250, 4)205, 5)83, 6)25

CMC, Henry, Zeke, and DK are FAs.

My RBs: Jacobs, Davis, Mostert, Monty, Ekeler

Bid $251 on both CMC and Henry and be happy getting one or save money for later?
What are the RB's of the other teams?  I like DK also so would be interested in your WR list as well.  What are you starting requirements?

What are the RB's of the other teams?  I like DK also so would be interested in your WR list as well.  What are you starting requirements?
We start QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, FlexWRT

My WR are: Adams, Keenan, AJB, Boyd, Golladay, Jefferson

Other teams' RBs:

1)433: Cook, AJones, Gibson, Hunt, Carson, Henderson - stacked

3)250: Chubb, RJones, Drake, Edmonds, Mixon - underwhelming

4)205: Gurley, Sanders, Taylor, Fournette, Ahmed, Moss - underwhelming

5)83: CEH, Ballage, DJ Dallas, Gallman - so bad

6)25: Kamara, Robinson, Swift, Conner,  Bernard, Akers - Decent

Team 3, 4, 5 all are weak.  6 is ok, and 1 is stacked. Team 1 also sat out last week's bids, so he might be just waiting to be the only guy with money left.  OR he can pounce on one of the stud RBs and be done with it.  He'd be better off getting DK Metcalf than a RB.

I am confident at my chances to survive without getting any of the top guys.  If I were to bid, I was thinking of bidding $206 for Henry and CMC and see if I get either one.  Maybe a low bid on Zeke too.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can really use RB help.  You run the risk of missing out on Henry or CMC with only a $206 bids if both the $433 and $250 guys max out for those two.  How do you get to prioritize your bids if you bid the same on all three guys?  I would hate to be able to have your choice but defaults to your last choice.  

I would definitely make sure you get Henry or CMC (only because you have Davis) based on what you are showing here.  

Week 13 here, and our waivers run tomorrow.  We can bid all season.

Sitting here with $156 left.

QB: Wilson

RB: Jacobs, CMC, Davis, Ekeler, Mostert, Monty, Dobbins

WR: Adams, AJB, Keenan, Jefferson, Boyd, Golladay.

TE: Gronk, Engram (Covid IR - Andrews)

Chubb is the guy that can help me most.  The rest are WR that can boost my depth with Thomas, Diggs, Cooks, Woods, Kupp available.  Also a backup QB with Allen and Herbert.

I am putting $0 bids on the WRs and both QBs.

I am trying to figure out what to bid for Chubb.

Teams left:

$205 - Needs RB.  If he wants Chubb, he gets him

$156 - Me

$130 - Best roster.  No real holes.

$83 - Needs RB

$25 - Needs WR

What do I bid for Chubb?  Right now, I have him at $86.  If top dollar wants him, he's his.  If not, he might get cute and bit down to the $83 guy, so I bumped it a few bucks higher than that mark. 

Users who are viewing this thread