What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL CINCY BENGALS 2021-22 THREAD - Chase not hurt :) (1 Viewer)

QuizGuy66

Footballguy
I cannot find my 2020 thread for some reason - not sure if there is something up with FBG search but whatever, the 2020 season is basically over for us.

Big game coming up against Dallas in a couple weeks which will decide whether or not we'll be able to draft Penei Sewell and maybe just maybe start building a real offensive line.

Zac is on track for a 4-27-1 record by the end of the year. Will that be enough to get him fired? It should but the family hates firing people. I do think it's possible if we go the whole route - I think turning to Brandon Allen and basically skipping over Finley after a quarter and a half tells me that perhaps the seat is a little hotter than we'd otherwise thing.

Regardless unless there is an unexpected dead cat bounce this should at the very least spell the end for Anamuro and Turner who most definitely need firing. The fact that Burrow has so publicly supported Taylor might be the one thing that saves his job. When he was first hired the rest of the staff was hired way late as we waited for him to be able to officially become the head coach. That cannot happen this time around - we cannot let all of the assistant candidates get gobbled up before we are involved in the process.

Really Duke Tobin needs to go too - THAT would be a total shocker though.

Anyway wanted to have a Bengals topic as opposed to all of the player topics floating around. Might link those in here for convenience of the thread at some point.

WHO DEY!

-QG

Last edited:
So we have to root for our guys to get absolutely blasted by Pittsburgh and Baltimore if we want a full coaching purge, don't we? :kicksrock:

-QG

So we have to root for our guys to get absolutely blasted by Pittsburgh and Baltimore if we want a full coaching purge, don't we? :kicksrock:

-QG
Hi QG.  Always happy to share in your misery in here.  :sarcasm:

But seriously, do we really expect anything other than a serious ### kicking from those teams?  We beat a team whose only win came in week one, and were quite possibly overlooked, and we had our one solid game of the year against a playoff team that, as proven yesterday, once out of their gameplan, struggles. 

There are so many holes on this team, I am not sure where they even need to start.  The O-line is probably priority 1 or Burrow doesn't last through his rookie deal.  Do you really trust the Bengals to take and coach the right guy?  

The coaching staff needs to go.  I agree with you there.  I was willing to give it a chance when first hired, but I feel like the team has actually moved backwards.  The Carlos Dunlap handling was a joke.  Best DL over the past month since they traded him a way for a bag of Doritos and some used face masks.  Coaching doesn't mean you force your scheme on the players.  A good coach utilized the best assets of the players he has.  This coaching staff does not do that.  Granted, they don't have a ton to work with in some areas, but honestly, they have had two years to try and correct that.  Its really pathetic.  

Are we looking at another decade like the 90s?   I would like to think with Burrow that isn't the case, but I can't help but think they are too inept to put anything around him.

What flavor doritos? :popcorn:

Oh I certainly expect the Steelers to curb stomp us.  Ratbirds are a little less certain the way they have been sliding - if that last gamr holds no meaning for them they might just lay down.

I think Baltimore is key because that way Modell's team - Marvin had a pretty good record against them which I think is something that help saved his job those many times.  Mike Brown knows how to hold a grudge.  

Duke really has to go too but that is probably too much to expect.  This Dallas is game is huge for us - a loss practically gift wraps Sewell for us.

TBH I almost hate that Burrow will surely be back in time for 2021.  I would prefer we get the line truly straightened out and it would take 2 offseasons to do that.  

Anyway if there is anything resembling a hopeful performance out of this group in the next 4 weeks I fear they will go the minor retooling route (meaning Anamuro and Turner and maybe another guy or two go) - and that won't be remotely enough.

*sigh*

-QG

Oh I certainly expect the Steelers to curb stomp us.  Ratbirds are a little less certain the way they have been sliding - if that last gamr holds no meaning for them they might just lay down.

I think Baltimore is key because that way Modell's team - Marvin had a pretty good record against them which I think is something that help saved his job those many times.  Mike Brown knows how to hold a grudge.  

Duke really has to go too but that is probably too much to expect.  This Dallas is game is huge for us - a loss practically gift wraps Sewell for us.

TBH I almost hate that Burrow will surely be back in time for 2021.  I would prefer we get the line truly straightened out and it would take 2 offseasons to do that.  

Anyway if there is anything resembling a hopeful performance out of this group in the next 4 weeks I fear they will go the minor retooling route (meaning Anamuro and Turner and maybe another guy or two go) - and that won't be remotely enough.

*sigh*

-QG
They won’t win another game. Both QB’s are epically bad. A decent backup has to be in the plans for next season. 

Yesterday’s meltdown should be the end of Zack.  If I had to bet the house on one replacement, it would be Jay Gruden.  I’m not at all saying that’s who I want but it checks many of the Brown family boxes.  

The drafting has been bad, but player development has been much worse.  OL is a prime example.  

They won’t win another game. Both QB’s are epically bad. A decent backup has to be in the plans for next season. 

Yesterday’s meltdown should be the end of Zack.  If I had to bet the house on one replacement, it would be Jay Gruden.  I’m not at all saying that’s who I want but it checks many of the Brown family boxes.  

The drafting has been bad, but player development has been much worse.  OL is a prime example.  
And that, my friend, is where it starts.

*sigh*

-QG
Probably those nasty Limon ones.  🤢

Some hope in the Bengals section here.  But given how insular the front office is I struggle to think who would be the leaker - maybe Duke trying to save HIS job? :confused:

Linky

-QG

Some hope in the Bengals section here.  But given how insular the front office is I struggle to think who would be the leaker - maybe Duke trying to save HIS job? :confused:

Linky

-QG
Sewell seems to be the no-brainer pick at #3.  I do want to see Dalton come in and light us up, but I think it will be closer than that.  The D is not horrible.  There are some good pieces there, but that comes with the caveat that teams probably game plan to only need 14-20 points to win.

Should we be afraid that Greg Williams is now on the market?  I mean this should be a situation where tue bonkers love for Hue Jackson should shield us from hiring this guy, right?

-QG

Sad that it ends this was with A.J. but the writing was on the wall pretty early in the season.  Will be interesting to see where he ends up next year and how they use him.  He hasn't looked the same at all - whether that is a matter of heart playing under this coaching staff or father time catching up we shall see.  Is he cooked or will he have a resurgence ala James Lofton?

A Bengals all-timer though for sure.  A lot of good times with him and Dalton.

-QG

Sad that it ends this was with A.J. but the writing was on the wall pretty early in the season.  Will be interesting to see where he ends up next year and how they use him.  He hasn't looked the same at all - whether that is a matter of heart playing under this coaching staff or father time catching up we shall see.  Is he cooked or will he have a resurgence ala James Lofton?

A Bengals all-timer though for sure.  A lot of good times with him and Dalton.

-QG
I always give players like an AJ Green the benefit of the doubt and think he can find a new home and at least be part of a 3 man trio for a young QB, it just didn't work out with Burrow but he was being targeted a lot at first, Higgins just can't be kept off the field. 

All on the line vs Dallas this week.  Literally.  If ever there was a time for 'no more mister nice guy' from Dalton this is it!

-QG

All on the line vs Dallas this week.  Literally.  If ever there was a time for 'no more mister nice guy' from Dalton this is it!

-QG
Unless we see a special teams TD or a classic Dalton pick-6, Dallas should win if they put up 10 points or more.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Just came to the depressing conclusion that if we had gone the ludicrous route and hired Hue Jackson as HC last year we'd probably have more than 4 1/2 wins over this time span.  :kicksrock:

-QG

Really thinking Dalton is gonna come through for us this week.  Gotta think he'll knock exactly how to attack our defense.  Forecast looks like he won't have any wind or precipitation to deal with either.

-QG

If there was ever a tanking defense (outside of the Bears), its the Dallas run defense, especialy on a short week after giving up 300 yards.

Seibert in Bullock out :excited:

Michael Jordan also scratched.

Maybe Zac's job really is on the line with this sudden outbreak of accountability.

-QG

Poor Seibert only got one extra point attempt.  Hopefully he gets some real action soon.

Great week for the future of our offensive line though as we gained a game on all of the Cowboys, Chargers and Eagles.

Next week is gonna be ugly ugly ugly though.

-QG

Finley this year: 26 dropbacks and sacked 7 times.

If you have sports books that take sack props take out a 2nd mortgage and place those bets if he starts.

The (unofficial) record for team sacks in a game is 14 in 1952.  Only thing that might keep the Steelers from setting that record in the first half is the Bengals not running enough plays to get there.

-QG

Finley this year: 26 dropbacks and sacked 7 times.

If you have sports books that take sack props take out a 2nd mortgage and place those bets if he starts.

The (unofficial) record for team sacks in a game is 14 in 1952.  Only thing that might keep the Steelers from setting that record in the first half is the Bengals not running enough plays to get there.

-QG
Is Finley starting this week?  Please say no.  

Allen did not practice today - Finley got all first team reps.  Allen still a possibility to play though.

Mixom remains on IR - will not play Monday night

-QG

QuizGuy66 said:
Allen did not practice today - Finley got all first team reps.  Allen still a possibility to play though.

Mixom remains on IR - will not play Monday night

-QG
Who is the #3 QB?  If Allen is out, no way Finley makes it through MNF the way he takes sacks.  

This one should be fun....

Anyway Bates completely screwed out of a Pro Bowl nod.  Digusting but not surprising.

-QG

Okay so as fun as it was raining on the Steelers parade we know this means there is 100% chance Zac stays.  Heck it may bail the assistants out which ia truly scary.

-QG

They played hard and got a fun win last night, but the Steelers are not very good is my biggest takeaway 
Oh when you look at the RBs they probably go against in the playoffs - they could give up 300 yards rushing no doubt.  I mean the Bengals abandoned the pass completely and didn't pay a price for it.

-QG

Heck with it now the Bengals may as well set out to ruin another Ratbirds season.  Zac Taylor with his 1st 2-game winning streak.

Still enough needs that we can something no matter what pick we end up with it but now confronted with reality that we might keep this entire coaching staff.  *sigh*

-QG

So on we go - can't knock out the Ravens with Dalton and Boyd but maybe we can do it with Allen and Erickson? ;)

Still a puncher's chance at #3 though #5 seems more realistic.  A lot more intrigue with our draft situation now for sure.

-QG

So per Jay Morrison the Bengals in their final home when they come in with a losing record have won 12 times in a row and 17 out of the last 18 :lmao:

-QG

King of the Jungle said:
Are us FFers going to get to see a dream scenario of Ja’Marr Chase teamed up with Burrow after the draft?
Strong possibility if we are at pick 5 assuming Sewell doesn't magically drop to us.

-QG

Hey @Ministry of Painany thoughts on Marion Hobby and why it didn't work out with the Dolphins?  Everything I see reads that it is a solid well-received hire for my Bengals.  Was it just a case where he and Flores didn't see eye to eye? 

Thanks GB!

-QG

Seeing mock drafts that Sewell gone by 3, and Bengals taking Roshawn Slater at 1.5

2 questions

1. Is Slater really good enough to be taken at 1.5?

2.  Does he roll up his sleeves?

Could we possibly be saved by a trade back?

Users who are viewing this thread