Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
shuke

How 'bout them Reds!

2,179 posts in this topic

Picking up Danny Graves back on April 12th ;)  ;)

Not sold on this guy. Despite the 20 saves, as a Reds fan he scares the #### out of me.
Unbeliveable. The guy has 31 save opps in 54 games. He's leading the ML in saves by a mile, but staistically he's not even close to being an elite closer. Even though he'll probably get an All Star spot, he's not worthy of it IMO. Edited by Newman

Walking Griffey was the right thing to do," Cordero said. "Ihad to go after Dunn. I made a mistake and he made me pay for it. It was a fastball up and in and I didn't get it in enough.

Hey! Hold on a second. Weren't teams walking Casey to get to Griffey? Now they're walking Griffey to get to Dunn. Will somebody now walk Dunn to get to Larson? Perhaps just walk the bases loaded if Casey happens to lead off?PS I'm still a Reds fan even though they lost on Sunday.

PS I'm still a Reds fan even though they lost on Sunday.

You sure about that, chief?

Picking up Danny Graves back on April 12th :suds:  :thumbup:

Not sold on this guy. Despite the 20 saves, as a Reds fan he scares the #### out of me.
Unbeliveable. The guy has 31 save opps in 54 games. He's leading the ML in saves by a mile, but staistically he's not even close to being an elite closer. Even though he'll probably get an All Star spot, he's not worthy of it IMO.
So despite your use of "unbeliveable" you are saying you agree.

Picking up Danny Graves back on April 12th :thumbup:  :thumbup:

Unbeliveable. The guy has 31 save opps in 54 games. He's leading the ML in saves by a mile, but staistically he's not even close to being an elite closer. Even though he'll probably get an All Star spot, he's not worthy of it IMO.
I saw Harold Reynolds on the hot seat earlier this week - they asked him who his first half cy young was and he said "Danny Graves" - I almost spit out my drink. :suds:

Perhaps he was expecting the worst?Tough series in Oakland this week - Cincy will see at least one lefty with Mulder going tomorrow against Lidle. This is actually a game on the package I'm going ot have to check out. Doubtful ESPN2 is showing it.

- The Reds have won 11 in-a-row against other teams that are in 1st place in their division.

Here is another peice of Red's Trivia. They hold the longest current winning streak of World Series games at nine. The last World Series game they lost was game 6 of the 1975 series with the Red Sox, where Carlton Fisk hit the extra inning homer. The Reds won game 7, swept their next appearence in the series in 1976 versus the Yankees, then swept their next appearence in the series in 1990 versus the A's. That's nine wins in a row.

Perhaps he was expecting the worst?

Tough series in Oakland this week - Cincy will see at least one lefty with Mulder going tomorrow against Lidle. This is actually a game on the package I'm going ot have to check out. Doubtful ESPN2 is showing it.

Jr.'s sitting on #498...they just might show it...either way, GB EI on DTV :suds:

Oh, and here ya go:

CENTRAL W L PCT GB HOME ROAD EAST CENT WEST AL L10 STRK

Cincinnati 34 22 .607 - 18-10 16-12 11-6 16-11 7-5 0-0 7-3 W2

St. Louis 32 24 .571 2.0 13-15 19-9 10-8 17-15 5-1 0-0 8-2 L1

Houston 30 25 .545 3.5 15-13 15-12 6-6 21-16 3-3 0-0 5-5 W1

Chicago 29 26 .527 4.5 16-12 13-14 5-1 15-16 9-9 0-0 4-6 W2

Milwaukee 27 27 .500 6.0 14-12 13-15 8-4 11-13 8-10 0-0 4-6 L2

Pittsburgh 24 29 .453 8.5 9-18 15-11 5-1 13-22 6-6 0-0 3-7 L2

As for Graves, he is a pretty scary closer, but I've seen scarier.

Billy Koch?
:cX: :suds: :cX:

Sorry private.I meant... Friday? Saturday? Dang. I'm lost. Nothing new.

Perhaps he was expecting the worst?

Tough series in Oakland this week - Cincy will see at least one lefty with Mulder going tomorrow against Lidle. This is actually a game on the package I'm going ot have to check out. Doubtful ESPN2 is showing it.

Jr.'s sitting on #498...they just might show it...either way, GB EI on DTV :suds:

Oh, and here ya go:

CENTRAL W L PCT GB HOME ROAD EAST CENT WEST AL L10 STRK

Cincinnati 34 22 .607 - 18-10 16-12 11-6 16-11 7-5 0-0 7-3 W2

St. Louis 32 24 .571 2.0 13-15 19-9 10-8 17-15 5-1 0-0 8-2 L1

Houston 30 25 .545 3.5 15-13 15-12 6-6 21-16 3-3 0-0 5-5 W1

Chicago 29 26 .527 4.5 16-12 13-14 5-1 15-16 9-9 0-0 4-6 W2

Milwaukee 27 27 .500 6.0 14-12 13-15 8-4 11-13 8-10 0-0 4-6 L2

Pittsburgh 24 29 .453 8.5 9-18 15-11 5-1 13-22 6-6 0-0 3-7 L2

I'll include run differential as a possible indicator as to where this race might be going:

Houston: +56

Chicago: +44

St.Louis: +42

Cincinnati: +4 :thumbup::thumbup:

I'll include run differential as a possible indicator as to where this race might be going:Houston: +56Chicago: +44St.Louis: +42Cincinnati: +4 :thumbup::suds:

Don't forget that Jimmy Haynes had his ### booted from the team. If you remove the games he started from your stats the Reds are +19. Not to mention they would be 15 games above .500 instead of just 12. The only reason he was starting is because he had a three million dollar salary they were going to have to eat unless they could trade him, and the only way they could have traded him is if he was starting and pitching somewhat decently... He failed.

One would logically interpret it to mean that it's unbelievable that the guy has this many opportunities at this point of the season. Clearly, he hasn't performed at the level of an elite closer. I didn't think it needed clarification, but yes, I am agreeing.

One would logically interpret it to mean that it's unbelievable that the guy has this many opportunities at this point of the season. Clearly, he hasn't performed at the level of an elite closer. I didn't think it needed clarification, but yes, I am agreeing.
I apologize. I interpreted to mean you thought it was unbelieveable that Graves scares the #### out of Shuke. As a Reds fan, he scares the #### out of me every time he takes the mound with a lead as well. For a supposed groundball pitcher he gives up a hell of a lot of dingers.

Dunn, Griffey and Pujols are tied for the MLB lead with 17 HRs and Casey has the top BA. Juan Castro is batting almost .300, Larkin is over .290.....this is all with Austin Kearns doing nothing. If Kearns can come back and be productive now, I think the Reds can stay in first for the rest of the season.**Disclaimer**If the Reds pitching goes into the crapper, all bets are off.

If Kearns can come back and be productive now, I think the Reds can stay in first for the rest of the season.

I also cling to the hope that Brandon Larson can be a .270 20HR 70 RBI per season hitter. Add that production and a healthy Kearns to the lineup and the Reds run differential is on par with Houston, St Louis, and Chicago.... expecially with Puljos and Sosa out.

**Disclaimer**If the Reds pitching goes into the crapper, all bets are off.

Same could be said of injuries. If guys like Castro, Lopez and Pena are forced to start on a regular basis, all bets are off as well. Edited by Politician Spock

Hopefully they can find a way to give up less than 10 runs tonight.

Amazingly, I remain a Reds fan. Go figure.

Amazingly, I remain a Reds fan. Go figure.
As do I. It's tough to watch when they should have gotten out of the first ahead 1-0, but instead were down 5-0. :rant:

:no: The sad thing is....it's only the 4th inning.

Rough series....bring on the Tribe :boxing: In 1994 the Reds went into Fulton County Stadium and preceeded to beat the Braves...16-0 (Reggie Sanders hit 2 HR's....GS for one)14-412-4Not sure of the second score but in each game they scored more than 10 runs of Maddux, Glavine and Smoltz (Or Avery......cannot exactly remember)In 1998 or 1999 the Orioles went into the new ATL stadium and beat them 3 straight and scored 10 runs or more in those 3 games.It happens even to the best pitching staffs........NO the Reds are not the Braves obviously but these guys have alot more heart and guts then you want to give them credit for. I do not think they will have that much trauma once they leave here.The will recover.....not enough to win any divison.....but enough to at least keep it close.I do not know what that will mean to the FO....but to us it means not having to spend another miserable summer trying to enjoy our Reds.-fe

It happens even to the best pitching staffs........NO the Reds are not the Braves obviously but these guys have alot more heart and guts then you want to give them credit for.

Who's saying they don't have heart and guts?

Yes, the Reds pitching still sucks, and they're losing games, but amazingly, I remain a Reds fan.PS: Griffey is still a stud.PS2: I graduated from high school with his wife, Missy Gay (maiden name). However, I hear she goes by Melissa now.

Rough series....bring on the Tribe :boxing:

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP.

Reds bullpen is in shambles, phils took them to the house again last night. Reith and Reidling oWned :D

Rough series....bring on the Tribe :boxing:

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP.
:D:yes:

Dunn, Griffey and Pujols are tied for the MLB lead with 17 HRs and Casey has the top BA. Juan Castro is batting almost .300, Larkin is over .290.....this is all with Austin Kearns doing nothing. If Kearns can come back and be productive now, I think the Reds can stay in first for the rest of the season.**Disclaimer**If the Reds pitching goes into the crapper, all bets are off.

true......true"Hi, my name is waterford and I'm a Reds fan." :JoeT:

**Disclaimer**

If the Reds pitching goes into the crapper, all bets are off.

Same could be said of injuries. If guys like Castro, Lopez and Pena are forced to start on a regular basis, all bets are off as well.
Pitching went into the crapper AND Lopez and Pena starting. No wonder they've lost 7 in a row.

Any Reds' fans have a problem with Griffey sitting out last night with the team struggling so much and playing a potential wild card contender?

Any Reds' fans have a problem with Griffey sitting out last night with the team struggling so much and playing a potential wild card contender?

If Griff can play 130+ games, I'll be pleased but surprised. So I figure he's got a few more days off coming to him.

2 straight L's for the Little Red machine.

You guys didn't really think this was going to last, did you?

First place.
:no:

I hope it wasn't to save 500 for the home crowd.

I hope that mother####ing piece of #### breaks his ####### arm and is stuck on 499 for ####### ever. That ####### #####.OK, so I made a special trip to the game only to realize I'd be watching some white boy play CF for the Reds.

Despite 5 and 7 game losing streaks, despite having projected starters Austin Kearns and Brandon Larson on the DL for most of the season, and despite having a 40 year at shortstop, the team that was chosen by many as the worst team in baseball going into the 2004 season is on a pace to win 91 games this year. I am fully aware that the bubble could burst with this collection of players at anytime, but it is fun while it continues! :D

Despite 5 and 7 game losing streaks, despite having projected starters Austin Kearns and Brandon Larson on the DL for most of the season, and despite having a 40 year at shortstop, the team that was chosen by many as the worst team in baseball going into the 2004 season is on a pace to win 91 games this year. I am fully aware that the bubble could burst with this collection of players at anytime, but it is fun while it continues! :D

This weekend should go a long way towards seeing just how good the Reds are. :lol:

The Reds have been a fun team to watch this year.From Sean Casey's hitting to seeing Dave Kingman reborn in Adam Dunn, and Jr. back on track, and Paul Wilson reclaiming his career--they have been good for baseball.Unfortunately they are in a division that is loaded with talent. If they were in the NL West or the American League Central their story would be even better.

Unfortunately they are in a division that is loaded with talent.

Toughest division in the history of the sport.