Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
shuke

How 'bout them Reds!

Tommygunz:eddie_and_christel@charter.net for my paypal :DAt worst, 3rd in the central, possibly 2nd in the NL Central and w/i 2 games for the Wild Card. Great comeback win today with Casey, Jr, and Kearns all out. Along with Freel.Is this team poised for the World Series? Hardly, but this team has more heart and drive than anyother team out there. :thumbup: Regardless of how they finish, this has been a fun team to watch. As a baseball fan, that's what I want. Guys that will not quit and give it their all, day-in and -day out. What the front office does or doesn't do to help the team isn't their fault/concern. They give it their all, and I'm having fun watching them play!!! :thumbup: -fe

IIRC, we have 5 on the All-Star break, and 5 on the end of the season. Care if I wait until both are finished before either sending you 10 or calling it even?I hate transaction costs...

Love to see the fans in Cincy getting excited!Go ahead and get it all out, they'll be in 4th place by the All Star break.

$5 says you're wrong.
Done.
Shall I mail you:A) a check for $5B) newest PenthouseC) a nice little green budyour call

Is this team poised for the World Series? Hardly, but this team has more heart and drive than anyother team out there. :thumbup:

The Phils have 29 come from behind wins this year - tops in the NL - this would lead me to believe they have as much if not more heart then the Reds - and an actual chance at making the postseason. you want heart? check out the boxscore from friday's game against the Braves.
But many were picking the Phils to win the NL East, and while currently in first, I don't think a 46-41 record heading into the All Star Break is in line with pre-season expectations. I believe Mount Bowa will ultimately wear out his welcome there.I'm not exactly sure how you gauge heart, but teams that have outperformed expectations to this point (MLB payroll rank in parenthesis) include Texas (18), Detroit (23), Cincy (24), Tampa Bay (29), and Milwaukee (30).

tgunz makes a gutsy call and barely misses.

The Reds are doing it with smoke and mirrors. Their run differential is -41. No other team over .500 has anywhere near such a negative differential.

Whose side are you on here anyway?

Tommygunz:eddie_and_christel@charter.net for my paypal :DAt worst, 3rd in the central, possibly 2nd in the NL Central and w/i 2 games for the Wild Card. Great comeback win today with Casey, Jr, and Kearns all out. Along with Freel.Is this team poised for the World Series? Hardly, but this team has more heart and drive than anyother team out there. :thumbup: Regardless of how they finish, this has been a fun team to watch. As a baseball fan, that's what I want. Guys that will not quit and give it their all, day-in and -day out. What the front office does or doesn't do to help the team isn't their fault/concern. They give it their all, and I'm having fun watching them play!!! :thumbup: -fe

IIRC, we have 5 on the All-Star break, and 5 on the end of the season. Care if I wait until both are finished before either sending you 10 or calling it even?I hate transaction costs...
Ahem.

Tommygunz:eddie_and_christel@charter.net for my paypal :DAt worst, 3rd in the central, possibly 2nd in the NL Central and w/i 2 games for the Wild Card. Great comeback win today with Casey, Jr, and Kearns all out. Along with Freel.Is this team poised for the World Series? Hardly, but this team has more heart and drive than anyother team out there.  :thumbup: Regardless of how they finish, this has been a fun team to watch. As a baseball fan, that's what I want. Guys that will not quit and give it their all, day-in and -day out. What the front office does or doesn't do to help the team isn't their fault/concern. They give it their all, and I'm having fun watching them play!!! :thumbup: -fe

Ahem.
See his post at 7:49 PM.

Love to see the fans in Cincy getting excited!Go ahead and get it all out, they'll be in 4th place by the All Star break.

$5 says you're wrong.
Done.
Shall I mail you:A) a check for $5B) newest PenthouseC) a nice little green budyour call
Hmmmm....

Tommygunz:eddie_and_christel@charter.net for my paypal :DAt worst, 3rd in the central, possibly 2nd in the NL Central and w/i 2 games for the Wild Card. Great comeback win today with Casey, Jr, and Kearns all out. Along with Freel.Is this team poised for the World Series? Hardly, but this team has more heart and drive than anyother team out there.  :thumbup: Regardless of how they finish, this has been a fun team to watch. As a baseball fan, that's what I want. Guys that will not quit and give it their all, day-in and -day out. What the front office does or doesn't do to help the team isn't their fault/concern. They give it their all, and I'm having fun watching them play!!! :thumbup: -fe

Ahem.
should I send a nickel to all the shukies on the board instead?

It can wait...just a lil' dig there is all ;)-fe

well deserved. your Reds had an exciting first half. I'm a fan of the padres, but also a fan of the game, so I'm happy to see baseball fans in Cincy getting their money's worth after suffering through Grif's injuries the past couple of years. :thumbup:

The Reds are doing it with smoke and mirrors. Their run differential is -41. No other team over .500 has anywhere near such a negative differential.

For a little of tgunz bud, I'll be on any side you want.

Ahem.
I like this idea.

Actually, here is the deal. I owe zippy $6. Zippy owes Red Raiders $6. So just send Red Raiders $5, and then you'll owe me $1. I'd like to parlay that $1 in some double-or-nothing bets. Whatcha got for me?

Actually, here is the deal. I owe zippy $6. Zippy owes Red Raiders $6. So just send Red Raiders $5, and then you'll owe me $1. I'd like to parlay that $1 in some double-or-nothing bets. Whatcha got for me?
Wait, that makes no sense.Update:Gunz owes zippy $5.I owe zippy $1.Zippy, let's bet on something.

looks like fast eddie and i evened out - he won the all star break portion, i took the end of the season bet.alls well that ends well.... :thumbup:

The Reds are doing it with smoke and mirrors.  Their run differential is -41.  No other team over .500 has anywhere near such a negative differential.

pm me an address, and you'll receive a nice little surprise from a no named friend in SD......

:ph34r:

The Reds are doing it with smoke and mirrors.  Their run differential is -41.  No other team over .500 has anywhere near such a negative differential.

pm me an address, and you'll receive a nice little surprise from a no named friend in SD......

:ph34r:

:rotflmao:

You're a valuable commodity around here, GunZ. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

:popcorn:

Fantastic start by Milton, but if Kriv & Co. don't fix the BP, STAT, the Reds will be out of it by June 1st. My gut tells me that with the 42 middle infielders they have on the 25-man, something is in the works.

How and why Freel does not start every day is beyond me. And Narron's switch, putting Aurilia at 3B and replacing EdE is just ignorant. This team is winning in spite of their BP and manager. :no:

-fe

Good God. The offense is avg almost 8 runs a game and the BP is averaging giving up 4 runs a game. Pathetic.

4-1 and I feel terrible about the shape of the team. Well, the BP anyway.

Hammond should be cut prior to tomorrow's game (4 games, 1 batter retired, 162.0 ERA) and White should not be far behind. Shackelford and Wagner should be on their way to Cincy from Louisville, STAT!!!!!

-fe

I told one of my friends before the season started, I think the Reds will finish last in the NL Central. I love their lineup, but they just don't have enough pitching. Its hard to win when you are giving up 6 runs a game, as good as their offense is. I hope they get it straightened out.

I told one of my friends before the season started, I think the Reds will finish last in the NL Central. I love their lineup, but they just don't have enough pitching. Its hard to win when you are giving up 6 runs a game, as good as their offense is. I hope they get it straightened out.

The starting rotation has been surprisingly good. If they get the BP worked out, look out. Seriously.

-fe

Just checking in.

Typical Reds' start :excited:

Typical Reds' pitching staff :X

Typical Reds' season around late May? :cry:

Can this season please be different?

Guest CrossEyed

You realize the Pirates are still in the NL Central, don't you?

I still think the Pirates are a better team, with their pitching anyway. My pick is not looking too good right now though. :bag:

Just checking in.

Typical Reds' start :excited:

Typical Reds' pitching staff bullpen :X

Typical Reds' season around late May? :cry:

Can this season please be different?

Have you seen the starting rotation this season?

FYP

-fe

The Cubs are too. As I said in an earlier thread, there are only 2 teams in the NL Central that are guaranteed to NOT finish last: St. Louis and Milwaukie. The others all could. Just as any of the others could finish 3rd.

The Reds starting rotation has had a very good first week and the offense is averaging almost 8 runs a game. They had the best offense in the NL last year and look to again this season.

-fe

The Cubs are too. As I said in an earlier thread, there are only 2 teams in the NL Central that are guaranteed to NOT finish last: St. Louis and Milwaukie. The others all could. Just as any of the others could finish 3rd.

The Reds starting rotation has had a very good first week and the offense is averaging almost 8 runs a game. They had the best offense in the NL last year and look to again this season.

-fe

How exactly is Milwaukee a guarantee to not finish last? They have a lot of good young players but with Sheets as the ace, anything could fall apart quickly. I do not think any of the teams are a GUARANTEE. St. Louis pen is not very good and they could experience a couple big injuries like others have. They are not as good as Cardinal teams of the past. Highly unlikely (anyone other than Pitt to finish last) but hardly a guarantee for anyone to not finish last.

Cincy has a greater chance of finishing last than the Cubs do. The offense is good but the bullpen is TERRIBLE!!! Starting pitching is average at best. Let's see what they can do against a non-Pitt offense and away from home. Also, I highly doubt they'll get 16 walks like they did in the two Cub games.

I hate to rain on your parade but Cincy has little chance of getting into the playoffs and it will be another 4th or 5th place finish in the division. Until they get some REAL pitching most likely 4th as Pittsburgh is awful.

If I were you I'd go watch a Cavs game. ;)

Edited by Sexican

They just picked up a fourth second baseman.

Gotta think something is in the works sending either Freel, Aurillia, or Womack along with Larue for some BP help.

Gotta think something is in the works sending either Freel, Aurillia, or Womack along with Larue for some BP help.

Who'd they get? I like any of those three so I don't care who they ship off.

Who'd they get? I like any of those three so I don't care who they ship off.

Brandon Phillips from Cleveland. Womack can be DFA'd for all I care. Aurillia & Larue very well may be gone. I can hope at least....

-fe

5 errors and only in the 3rd inning?

4 losses for the Braves already?

4 losses for the Braves already?

So do 16 other teams, so what?

Have you Braves fans cooled out on calling Francouer the next Mickey Mantle or are you ignoring the 2 for 33 in 2006?

I never called him the next Mickey Mantle...

I've been very impressed with Austin Kearns this year. He finally seems to be living up to his potential now that Wily Mo is gone and he is getting the start everyday in RF. He's already hit 5 HRs and he's leading the team in doubles (6) and average (.346). I hope he can keep it up, I just read Griffey was placed on the 15 day DL.

While the Real Eric Milton showed up today, coupled with our atrocious BP, Ryan Freel, Austin Kearns, Adam Dunn, Felipe Lopez = real deal. There's hope for next season...and going to enjoy watching those kids grow up to be monsters in the upcoming seasons.

-fe

Reds go 6-1 on the road against the Brewers & the Nationals. Heading home to face off against Houston this weekend.