Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
shuke

How 'bout them Reds!

2,259 posts in this topic

The hottest team in baseball just keeps on going! :yes:....and going..... :thumbup:

Edited by shmagu

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Great game tonight!! Go Cards!! Nice bullpen Reds. They really need some help out there.

Love to see the fans in Cincy getting excited!Go ahead and get it all out, they'll be in 4th place by the All Star break.

:popcorn:

Love to see the fans in Cincy getting excited!Go ahead and get it all out, they'll be in 4th place by the All Star break.

It's early.

It's early.
That's exactly why the Reds are only 4 games out. I believe the Reds will never see 1st place in the Central again this season. It's almost like playing the A's all over again!

The hottest team in baseball just keeps on going! :yes:....and going..... :thumbup:

Absolutely. Those D-Rays are on fire!

Absolutely. Those D-Rays are on fire!
:thumbup: After reading that, I was just about to post that. :rotflmao:

Central W L GB St. Louis 46 32 -- Chi Cubs 42 35 3.5 Cincinnati 42 35 3.5 Milwaukee 40 34 4.0 Houston 40 37 5.5

5th place by the break?

Central W L  GB 

St. Louis 46 32 -- 

Chi Cubs 42 35 3.5 

Cincinnati 42 35 3.5 

Milwaukee 40 34  4.0

Houston 40 37  5.5

5th place by the break?
If so, you owe me $10, since the bet was that they'd be in fourth.

Central W L  GB 

St. Louis 46 32 -- 

Chi Cubs 42 35 3.5 

Cincinnati 42 35 3.5 

Milwaukee 40 34  4.0

Houston 40 37  5.5

5th place by the break?
If so, you owe me $10, since the bet was that they'd be in fourth.

Freel can't get it done. Oh so close.Meanwhile, Prior commanding at Wrigley.

uh-oh. Dunn homers to cut it to one.Wily Mo with a chance to tie.

Milwaukee up 4-0 early against the Rockies.Reds in 4th place by evening?

Don't look now, but Houston could put together a nice little run before the break. Carlos Beltran is on fire. 2 more bombs today, all 4 Houston RBIs. Score is now 4-4.

Don't look now, but Houston could put together a nice little run before the break. Carlos Beltran is on fire. 2 more bombs today, all 4 Houston RBIs. Score is now 4-4.

short run. lasted what, 35 minutes? :cubswin!cubswin!:

Milwaukee up 4-0 early against the Rockies.

Reds in 4th place by evening?

:yes:

Brewers tried to throw that one away...

Looks like the bet comes down to Sunday's Reds-Brewers titanic struggle to see who wins this bet.

Looks like the bet comes down to Sunday's Reds-Brewers titanic struggle to see who wins this bet.

:boxing: Just in time, the ultimate kiss of death to Ken Griffey Jr. The dreaded hammy.I hate to see it, but, I'm just sayin'.

How fitting. Go Brew Crew.

Update - bottom of the 1st.

Milwaukee Inning Summary    -S. Podsednik reached on bunt single to second  -S. Podsednik to second on passed ball  -C. Counsell singled to left, S. Podsednik to third  -G. Jenkins singled to right center, S. Podsednik scored, C. Counsell to second  -L. Overbay singled to left, C. Counsell to third, G. Jenkins to second  -K. Ginter singled to third, C. Counsell scored, G. Jenkins to third, L. Overbay to second  -B. Clark walked, G. Jenkins scored, L. Overbay to third, K. Ginter to second  -W. Helms hit sacrifice fly to deep center, L. Overbay scored, K. Ginter to third  -G. Bennett hit sacrifice fly to left, K. Ginter scored, B. Clark to second

5-0 Harvey's Wallbangers after 1. :thumbup: Edited by tommyGunZ

Update - bottom of the 1st.

Milwaukee Inning Summary    -S. Podsednik reached on bunt single to second  -S. Podsednik to second on passed ball  -C. Counsell singled to left, S. Podsednik to third  -G. Jenkins singled to right center, S. Podsednik scored, C. Counsell to second  -L. Overbay singled to left, C. Counsell to third, G. Jenkins to second  -K. Ginter singled to third, C. Counsell scored, G. Jenkins to third, L. Overbay to second  -B. Clark walked, G. Jenkins scored, L. Overbay to third, K. Ginter to second  -W. Helms hit sacrifice fly to deep center, L. Overbay scored, K. Ginter to third  -G. Bennett hit sacrifice fly to left, K. Ginter scored, B. Clark to second

5-0 Harvey's Wallbangers after 1. :thumbup:
[LL] Don't call it a comeback... [/LL]
NL        AT MILWAUKEE - MID INNING UPDATE          PLAY: W Pena homered to center, A Dunn scored.           SITUATION: 2 RUNS IN,  NONE ON,  2 OUT          CURRENT SCORE:   CINCINNATI       6                           MILWAUKEE        5    TOP, 7TH          DUE UP FOR CINCINNATI: T HUMMEL (.244, 0-FOR-3)

Tommygunz:eddie_and_christel@charter.net for my paypal :DAt worst, 3rd in the central, possibly 2nd in the NL Central and w/i 2 games for the Wild Card. Great comeback win today with Casey, Jr, and Kearns all out. Along with Freel.Is this team poised for the World Series? Hardly, but this team has more heart and drive than anyother team out there. :thumbup: Regardless of how they finish, this has been a fun team to watch. As a baseball fan, that's what I want. Guys that will not quit and give it their all, day-in and -day out. What the front office does or doesn't do to help the team isn't their fault/concern. They give it their all, and I'm having fun watching them play!!! :thumbup: -fe

tgunz makes a gutsy call and barely misses.

The Reds are doing it with smoke and mirrors. Their run differential is -41. No other team over .500 has anywhere near such a negative differential.

Is this team poised for the World Series? Hardly, but this team has more heart and drive than anyother team out there. :thumbup:

The Phils have 29 come from behind wins this year - tops in the NL - this would lead me to believe they have as much if not more heart then the Reds - and an actual chance at making the postseason. you want heart? check out the boxscore from friday's game against the Braves.

say it ain't so Willy Mo!!! :cry:

:rotflmao: "Herman's gettin' a beatin'?! I LOVE to see Herman gettin' a beatin'!

Tommygunz:eddie_and_christel@charter.net for my paypal :DAt worst, 3rd in the central, possibly 2nd in the NL Central and w/i 2 games for the Wild Card. Great comeback win today with Casey, Jr, and Kearns all out. Along with Freel.Is this team poised for the World Series? Hardly, but this team has more heart and drive than anyother team out there. :thumbup: Regardless of how they finish, this has been a fun team to watch. As a baseball fan, that's what I want. Guys that will not quit and give it their all, day-in and -day out. What the front office does or doesn't do to help the team isn't their fault/concern. They give it their all, and I'm having fun watching them play!!! :thumbup: -fe

IIRC, we have 5 on the All-Star break, and 5 on the end of the season. Care if I wait until both are finished before either sending you 10 or calling it even?I hate transaction costs...

$5 says you're wrong.
Done.
Shall I mail you:A) a check for $5B) newest PenthouseC) a nice little green budyour call

Is this team poised for the World Series? Hardly, but this team has more heart and drive than anyother team out there. :thumbup:

The Phils have 29 come from behind wins this year - tops in the NL - this would lead me to believe they have as much if not more heart then the Reds - and an actual chance at making the postseason. you want heart? check out the boxscore from friday's game against the Braves.
But many were picking the Phils to win the NL East, and while currently in first, I don't think a 46-41 record heading into the All Star Break is in line with pre-season expectations. I believe Mount Bowa will ultimately wear out his welcome there.I'm not exactly sure how you gauge heart, but teams that have outperformed expectations to this point (MLB payroll rank in parenthesis) include Texas (18), Detroit (23), Cincy (24), Tampa Bay (29), and Milwaukee (30).

tgunz makes a gutsy call and barely misses.

The Reds are doing it with smoke and mirrors. Their run differential is -41. No other team over .500 has anywhere near such a negative differential.

Whose side are you on here anyway?

IIRC, we have 5 on the All-Star break, and 5 on the end of the season. Care if I wait until both are finished before either sending you 10 or calling it even?I hate transaction costs...
Ahem.

Tommygunz:eddie_and_christel@charter.net for my paypal :DAt worst, 3rd in the central, possibly 2nd in the NL Central and w/i 2 games for the Wild Card. Great comeback win today with Casey, Jr, and Kearns all out. Along with Freel.Is this team poised for the World Series? Hardly, but this team has more heart and drive than anyother team out there.  :thumbup: Regardless of how they finish, this has been a fun team to watch. As a baseball fan, that's what I want. Guys that will not quit and give it their all, day-in and -day out. What the front office does or doesn't do to help the team isn't their fault/concern. They give it their all, and I'm having fun watching them play!!! :thumbup: -fe

Ahem.
See his post at 7:49 PM.

$5 says you're wrong.
Done.
Shall I mail you:A) a check for $5B) newest PenthouseC) a nice little green budyour call
Hmmmm....

Tommygunz:eddie_and_christel@charter.net for my paypal :DAt worst, 3rd in the central, possibly 2nd in the NL Central and w/i 2 games for the Wild Card. Great comeback win today with Casey, Jr, and Kearns all out. Along with Freel.Is this team poised for the World Series? Hardly, but this team has more heart and drive than anyother team out there.  :thumbup: Regardless of how they finish, this has been a fun team to watch. As a baseball fan, that's what I want. Guys that will not quit and give it their all, day-in and -day out. What the front office does or doesn't do to help the team isn't their fault/concern. They give it their all, and I'm having fun watching them play!!! :thumbup: -fe

Ahem.
should I send a nickel to all the shukies on the board instead?