What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

VBD App is LIVE (1 Viewer)

David Dodds

Administrator
Damn this was harder than I thought it would be. I think I tested this pretty good, but let me know if stuff ain't right. I redid a ton of code and could have botched something up.

Agian this requires Excel 95 or higher (will not work on other spreadsheets).

If you don't have this ...don't fret, we will have both an online version (soon) and the new Dominator will also be able to do everything the App can do.

Value Based Drafting application (Excel 95 and higher)

Enjoy,

David Dodds

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate to break it to you, but I don't think this worked.Microsoft Excel File Repair LogErrors were detected in file 'C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\03vbdapp_a1.xls'The following is a list of repairs:Damage to the file was so extensive that repairs were not possible. Excel attempted to recover your formulas and values, but some data may have been lost or corrupted.Also, it doesn't look all pretty like most VBD excel files. It looks like notepad copied into Excel. Anyone else having this?

When I try to go with the Excel version, I keep getting the following system/error message:'mso3CA.xls' cannot be accessed. The file may be read-only, or you may be trying to access a read-only location. Or, the server the document is stored on may not be responding.This has happened all 3 times I've attempted to download it, so I guess it's a problem.Yes, I've got the minimum requirements to do this.

same here.Microsoft Excel File Repair LogErrors were detected in file 'C:\Documents and Settings\lavoyka.UWEC\Desktop\03vbdapp_a1.xls'The following is a list of repairs:Damage to the file was so extensive that repairs were not possible. Excel attempted to recover your formulas and values, but some data may have been lost or corrupted.

"'mso3CA.xls' cannot be accessed. The file may be read-only, or you may be trying to access a read-only location. Or, the server the document is stored on may not be responding."ditto

When I try to go with the Excel version, I keep getting the following system/error message:'mso3CA.xls' cannot be accessed. The file may be read-only, or you may be trying to access a read-only location. Or, the server the document is stored on may not be responding.This has happened all 3 times I've attempted to download it, so I guess it's a problem.Yes, I've got the minimum requirements to do this.
Same issue here.

"'mso3CA.xls' cannot be accessed. The file may be read-only, or you may be trying to access a read-only location. Or, the server the document is stored on may not be responding."ditto
Same here.... :o

I can't even unzip my file. It said that 2 bytes are missing, please try the download again. I downloaded it again and it said that 8 bytes are missing. I then downloaded just the unzipped excel file and got the "cannot be accessed error"

Actually I am stumped. Everything I am trying isn't working. Ken suggested I looked to make sure the file was not open on my desktop, but that was not the case. Going to try and rename the file and start clean.

I think the problem is with how Excel XP is trying to save the file downward to Windows 95 format. I have always created the program in Excel 97 and downsized to 95 and am going to try that. Unfortunately this is going to take a bit of time. Nothing is ever easy.

It is going to be released late tonight here now. I am guessing I have a few more hours of work to completely rebuild all the macros. I think that is the problem. What is so frustrating is that works perfectly on my desktop...LOL. But I can't get it to work via the download either.Have a splitting headache and am tired beyond words.....aargh. Sorry for the delay.

DD-i'll just mail you my leagues scoring info, run the numbers for me and then mail me back the results... :o ...maybe just take a breather and shoot for a pre-4th of july release...gotta save your sanity for training camps, you know...

I got some sort of corruption going on with the file. Hard to believe with arrows pointing everywhere...LOLOf course I can still see the whole thing and it works perfectly, but others get a corrupted file when I try to move it. Trying a bunch of things trying to isolate the problem.No idea when it is going to get done. Did I mention it is working great on my computer? ...Aaaaargh. So frustrating.

Hey David,If you save it in it's original Office XP format, is it not automatically backwards compatible with previous versions of Excel?

Can you guys tell me if this works now?Zip DownloadExcel DownloadIt works for me, but then it always has for some reason...
David, I was able to open it but when changing the Inputs and running the app it crashes... :PHang in there DD!

Can you guys tell me if this works now?Zip DownloadExcel DownloadIt works for me, but then it always has for some reason...
Good to go with the downloaded Excel file, Double D. :P Thanks for all the hard work! :yes:Edited to say: I'm running XP...perhaps that's the difference? I've changed inputs and rerun the app and it seems to compute through just fine.

To those who say it's working (I have XP as well), have you actually tried changing the Input and pressing Create Cheatsheet? That's when I'm getting the error...it opens fine, but running the app is a problem.Cheersedited because I apparently cannot spell Create correctly

Looks like it works for XP, but not anything else. Maybe something in XP isn't backward compatiable? Maybe Jason and I are being punished for not upgrading to XP like all the other sheep? :P

Run-time err '1004':Application-defined or object-defined errorThis is the message I get after I change the values and click Generate Cheatsheet.I'm running Excel 97.

It handled the first changes ok (running XP), but I got a macro error when changing the rushing yds for the QBerror 1004The debugger highlighted this:Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("AD3"), Order1:=xlDescending, Header:=xlGuess _ , OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom, _ DataOption1:=xlSortNormal

I am getting the same error message as the others...When I clicked generate cheatsheet I get this message...run-time error '1004'Application-defined or object defined errorI am using Excel 2000

I think I am back to the original plan which is to strip off the macro and rebuild as an Excel 97 App on my old junky computer and then save down to Excel 95. That is what I have always done and have never had this problem.I know in 95 and 97 they save the macro differently and that might be triggering this error (don't know).The fact that it works great on this PC is giving me false hope though.The App will probably not be here until the morning fellas. Sorry for the hassle

Man this is frustrating in that it works great here.
Well, hell, just announce it as the ultimate VBD where the only ones who get it have to travel to your place and use your PC. That would sure put "exclusive" back in the FBG name. :)

I get a runtime error in SubMacro1This is whats higlighted.Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("AD3"), Order1:=xlDescending, Header:=xlGuess _ , OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom, _ DataOption1:=xlSortNormalDunno if this helps or not, but still having problems

Users who are viewing this thread