What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

VBD App is LIVE (1 Viewer)

To those who say it's working (I have XP as well), have you actually tried changing the Input and pressing Create Cheatsheet? That's when I'm getting the error...it opens fine, but running the app is a problem.Cheersedited because I apparently cannot spell Create correctly
I've tried changing the imputs in both scoring system and individual projected stats for each position and it seems to work fine. I did notice that the column for QB Rush yards multiplies attempts by fumbles lost -- shouldn't this just be an input cell like all the other positions' rush yards?Edited because there are no "fumples" in football.

Last edited by a moderator:
To further compound everything.OS - Windows XPExcel - Excel XPI downloaded the Excel version not the zipped one. I have made changes to every stat for every position. I have also changed each part of the scoring system and I have not had any problems.The only bug I can report, is that when you click the generate button the screen does go kinda "crazy" but then generates the cheatsheet.

Using Excel 2000 and get the same error, 1004The debugger highlighted this section yellow in Module 7: Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("AD3"), Order1:=xlDescending, Header:=xlGuess _ , OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom, _ DataOption1:=xlSortNormalThe eureka moment will come David - we programmers have all been there...

I will look into the fumbles lost equation. Yes it should just be another input.I think the only way to make the macros work for everyone is to use older Visual Basic.New Commands seem to be hosing things up.

Using Excel 2000 and get the same error, 1004The debugger highlighted this section yellow in Module 7: Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("AD3"), Order1:=xlDescending, Header:=xlGuess _ , OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom, _ DataOption1:=xlSortNormalThe eureka moment will come David - we programmers have all been there...
same error using windows xp and microsoft office 2000...seems to calculate the rb ffp according to my inputted scoring system but not the wr, etc....(p.s. downloaded zipped version, will try excel version, not that it should matter)(p.s.s david, you may want to spin around three times, chant two hail mary's and sing the havah nagilah (sp) and throw salt over your left shoulder....then kick your computer, swear at it, have a bear, watch a little bit of the giants game, swear at aurilia and then see if it works :) )

Second updated. I tried to run this on my ancient laptop (OS 98, Excel 2000) and I am getting the now standard run-time error '1004': Application-defined or object-defined error. Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("AD3"), Order1:=xlDescending, Header:=xlGuess _, OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom, _DataOption1:=xlSortNormalNot sure if this helps you or not DD, but the laptop has VB6. My desktop pc has VB6, but also has the .NET framework installed.

Under Win XP/Office XP, I'm able to change scoring and/or projections & the cheetsheat generates fine.

Using Excel97, get the same error, 1004Range("AB2:AE66").Select Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("AD3"), Order1:=xlDescending, Header:=xlGuess _ , OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom, _ DataOption1:=xlSortNormalQB andRB calculations of points looks fine, but WR points did not work.Good Luck David, go to bed and work on it when your minds fresh!!

I got an error "1004" after customizing and hitting "generate". After hitting "end" to the error message, the cheatsheet that was generated looks fine. Using XP and downloaded the file directly.

I just spoke with David and it looks like a compatability issue when running macros recorded in Excel XP on previous versions of Excel.David is working on correcting the issue.

Thank you Bill Gates! :D Appreciate your effort, David. Catch some ZZZs... no one will perish without 2003 VBD - you'll get it, no sense killin' yourself over it.It's only a game..... :)

Changing Projections:1. Click on the individual player tabs.2. Tweak the projections by changing the yellow cells (do not change the blue cells)3. Rerun the app by pressing on the submit button within the Inputs TabI've never used this program before and I don't see a submit button.

Changing Projections:1. Click on the individual player tabs.2. Tweak the projections by changing the yellow cells (do not change the blue cells)3. Rerun the app by pressing on the submit button within the Inputs TabI've never used this program before and I don't see a submit button.
How about the huge button that says "Generate Cheatsheet". Sure it doesn't say "Submit" but gosh golly gee, come on.

How about the huge button that says "Generate Cheatsheet". Sure it doesn't say "Submit" but gosh golly gee, come on.
I get an error that says:"Macros in this workbook are disabled because the security level is high, and the macros have not been digitally signed or verified as safe. To run the macros, you can either have them signed or change your security level."

"Macros in this workbook are disabled because the security level is high, and the macros have not been digitally signed or verified as safe. To run the macros, you can either have them signed or change your security level."
That one is easy. Go to Tools | Options | Security tab and then click the Macro Security button. You have it on High. Set it to Medium. Now Excel will ask you about running macros and at least give you the option of running them. High setting is evil.By the way, runs awesome for me.Windows 2000Office XP

David,Hope this info helps.When I can the the input and run the app it crashes with the following microsoft visual basic error:Run-time error '1004'Application-defined or object define error.I added in the Analysis Toolpak and Analysis Toolpak-VBA packages in excel and still received this message.I'm running windows XP Pro with office 2000

Running excel 97 and it crashed for me as well.I get the error message ***************Run-time error '1004':Application-defined or object-defined error***************when asked to debug, I get sent to the following section sub macro 1Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("AD3"), Order1:=xlDescending, Header:=xlGuess _ , OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom, _ DataOption1:=xlSortNormal

I rebuilt it all in Excel 97 and saved to 95. Seems they changed the Macro language in XP. Gotta love it.
Reminds me of drafting Pittman and then seeing he got arrested a week later. The road heck is paved with good intentions. :thumbup:

Running excel 97 and it crashed for me as well.I get the error message ***************Run-time error '1004':Application-defined or object-defined error***************when asked to debug, I get sent to the following section sub macro 1Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("AD3"), Order1:=xlDescending, Header:=xlGuess _ , OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom, _ DataOption1:=xlSortNormal
This from the new link?Zipped Link

"Macros in this workbook are disabled because the security level is high, and the macros have not been digitally signed or verified as safe. To run the macros, you can either have them signed or change your security level."
That one is easy. Go to Tools | Options | Security tab and then click the Macro Security button. You have it on High. Set it to Medium. Now Excel will ask you about running macros and at least give you the option of running them. High setting is evil.By the way, runs awesome for me.Windows 2000Office XP
Thanks - Working great now.Thank you David - I appreaciate the hard work! :thumbup:

ok, so i am lazy and i enter in pts per rushing yd as 6/50 and get jun-50i then say ok, and enter .12 now i get jan-00anyone else seeing this?edit to say: this only happens the qb rushing yardage cell.edit #2: the error happened every time i went the lazy way, entering pts/yds...it would then foul up the cell. when i went back and just entered the actual number it worked fine.so i guess there really isn't a problem.

ok, so i am lazy and i enter in pts per rushing yd as 6/50 and get jun-50i then say ok, and enter .12 now i get jan-00anyone else seeing this?edit to say: this only happens the qb rushing yardage cell.edit #2: the error happened every time i went the lazy way, entering pts/yds...it would then foul up the cell. when i went back and just entered the actual number it worked fine.so i guess there really isn't a problem.
just use the = sign for a formula.=6/50 and it will know it is not a date.

Hey, works great now, thanks for the extra effort. I have a question for anyone who can answer. I'm in a bizzare league which starts/drafts the usual 2qb's, 2k's, 2 def, but then we draft 10 flex (RB's, TE's or Rec's) and start 5 flex each week. There's no minimum starting requirements, you could start 5 Rb's (although scoring system tends to even up Rec's and Rb's pts). Question is: How would you set this up in the VBD app? List 0 rb's, rec's and Te's and 5 flex for starters? What I'm trying to do is get it to just cut the baseline to the top 50 scorers at these positions in descending order of points scored (10 team league = 50 starters at flex)?

Hey, works great now, thanks for the extra effort. I have a question for anyone who can answer. I'm in a bizzare league which starts/drafts the usual 2qb's, 2k's, 2 def, but then we draft 10 flex (RB's, TE's or Rec's) and start 5 flex each week. There's no minimum starting requirements, you could start 5 Rb's (although scoring system tends to even up Rec's and Rb's pts). Question is: How would you set this up in the VBD app? List 0 rb's, rec's and Te's and 5 flex for starters? What I'm trying to do is get it to just cut the baseline to the top 50 scorers at these positions in descending order of points scored (10 team league = 50 starters at flex)?
What I would do is create my own overall by lumping WRs, RBs and TEs in one bucket. No the app won't directly do that, but it will give all of the points. Choose 60 as the baseline for this lumped list and you should be good.

hey DD,just ran the app and it looks good. Except I don't see DT/ST anywhere on the Overall list but I do see the the IDPs starting around 418 and running all the way down to 961. Of course all of these guys have -2000 for their VBD value because on the setup I have selected 0 for each of these positions. So even though I have selected 1 starter for DT/ST they don't get pulled into Overall Cheat Sheet.Comparing VBD #s TBay should have been about 25th, right after Dillon who also had a VBD of 56.Any ideas what might be going on?

running Excel 2000Defenses are not showing up in the Overall columnEverything else is computing and displaying fine.Thank you for all the hard work David

Yes noticed the Defensive problem just now too. I will get on that soon and have a new version a3.xls in the morning.

A3 works great on several different OS's and Excel versions.Nice work David. David, if I am you I am curled up in the fetal position cursing Microsoft :) for about the next three weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread