What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cato June - new stud LB (1 Viewer)

That is a good point Tom.But do you really think Dungy will go away from the system that has made his career?I'm just wondering if this is really more talk or lip service to help Thornton accept the switch??? We'll see when the regular season starts -- Thornton is going to be playing the stronmg side the majority is my bet and June the WLB. We'll let the season play it out. But nonetheless, I think you're missing the boat if you don't give June great consideration in a draft with IDP. Talk the flyer late in the draft and use him as the back up, and yes he could be very much more for the Colts. He has legit tools to succeed in the system. As ot your quarters of playing time in the preseason -- June is in competition, so not surprising the other player is getting some reps, no?
I agree that he is a good flyer to take.When I look at the gamebooks on NFL.com I see them listed as ROLB and LOLB so I will assume that he is going to do this.In the meantime, Gardner and June have been rotating series and Gardner did get hurt last night with a high ankle sprain.I have been able to see both games and I am terribly unimpressed with their LB's (outside of Thornton)As a huge Colts fan I am not to high on this year, due to the total lack of defenseTom

Clipped from the blogger..."The Colts have been monitoring June's progress since the beginning of offseason workouts in April when he was installed as the weak-side starter. It became a position of need in March when Marcus Washington, the strong-side starter the past three seasons, signed with the Washington Redskins as an unrestricted free agent.The coaching staff believed the best successor was weak-side starter David Thornton. That left a vacancy at weak-side linebacker and led to June's promotion.It was a leap of faith by the Colts, and a monumental leap for the team's 2003 sixth-round draft pick. By June's estimation, he played fewer than 10 plays on defense as a rookie. His contributions were exclusively on special teams.Now, June is being asked to step in and step up."It's definitely the next step," said June, who was a strong safety at Michigan. "You know, putting all the things together in a game situation."Practice has its place. That's where schemes are digested and techniques sharpened. June has taken each step in the developmental process -- minicamp, summer school, the first two weeks of training camp -- without stumbling.But the true test for June, and the young, revamped defense, comes tonight.That's when defensive coordinator Ron Meeks can get a more reliable progress report on June and several other young players: cornerbacks Donald Strickland (questionable with a shoulder injury), Joseph Jefferson, Jason David and Von Hutchins, linebacker Gilbert Gardner, end Josh Thomas and tackle Keith Wright."We want to see how they perform in a game-type situation," Meeks said. "Can we continue to grow as we go along? Can we find one of those guys who can really help us?"Coach Tony Dungy won't expose the Colts' front-line players to an inordinate amount of playing time this evening. But the No. 1 defensive unit can anticipate more work than its offensive counterpart, primarily because it needs the game experience.The offense returns virtually intact from a year ago when it ranked No. 3 in the NFL in total yards and was tied for No. 2 in scoring.Quarterback Peyton Manning, running back Edgerrin James, wide receiver Marvin Harrison and other high-profile players are expected to be on the field for about a dozen plays."It's always nice to be able to face as many situations as you can," Manning said.June anticipates a heavier workload, and looks forward to it."I expect a lot of flying around, a lot of fun, a lot of trash talking," he said. "I'm confident. I know I've got a lot of good guys around me, veteran guys who have done the things you need to do."This has been a long time coming. You may only get one chance at this. You have to make it happen when the opportunity comes."June in his first game had 2 solos, in the next 5. Dungy just doesn't make reference to the ROLB and LOLB.

Cato June shines in Colts' campThe second-year player wants to be a starting linebacker this year, but he has a lot to prove.By Michael Marotof The Associated PressTERRE HAUTE -- Cato June used offseason practices to show Indianapolis Colts coaches he could be a starting linebacker in the NFL. The real test, coaches knew, would come during training camp.After one week, June is getting high marks.The first time he put on pads at Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology, June picked off a pass from Peyton Manning and then lost his helmet when he made a crunching hit on running back Dominic Rhodes. Since then, June has been progressing like a speeding train -- making plays, making impressions, making it look easy."What he's saying is that it's my job and you've got to take it away," linebackers coach Mike Murphy said.June isn't leaving anything to chance.He takes on ball carriers aggressively, eludes blockers with his speed, defends receivers with the coverage skills he learned playing in Michigan's secondary, and, yes, he likes to trash talk.A year ago, June seemed an unlikely candidate to start. The Colts drafted him in the sixth round, figuring they could convert June from a college safety. Many teams considered him too small at 6 feet and a generously listed 227 pounds to take on blockers and stay healthy.The Colts believed he could be perfect in coach Tony Dungy's defense, which favors speed over size, instincts over hits."Fortunately, for me, I am in a situation where you don't have to be a big guy," June said. "You can run around and make plays."June figured he fit the mold and after 14 training camp practices, Dungy is impressed with what he's seen."If one guy stands out in this camp so far, it's probably been Cato," Dungy said. "He's really played well."June is still learning about playing closer to the line of scrimmage and making quicker reads, and it's sometimes been a difficult transition.As a rookie, playing time was sparse. June appeared in 11 games last year, primarily on special teams, and produced just 11 tackles. His on-the-job training program consisted mostly of film study and veterans, like Marcus Washington and Rob Morris, teaching him the nuances of the game.When Washington signed as a free agent with the Washington Redskins in March, the Colts needed a replacement. Their plan became to move David Thornton to Washington's strong side linebacker position and plug June in on the weak side."I was excited they had confidence in me that I could make it happen," June said. "At the same time, I knew I had a lot of work to do."The early results have been encouraging.Colts coaches expected June to wage a spirited training camp battle with Keyon Whiteside, another second-year player. But the battle has been mostly one-sided.June has worked extensively with the starting defense and his big hits and big plays have gained the attention of teammates and coaches, while Whiteside has been relegated to working primarily with the backups."Cato came in and did very, very well during the mini-camps and summer school, but those were in shorts," Murphy said. "We wanted to see how he'd do when we put the pads on, and thus far, he's done very well."The next challenge comes Saturday at San Diego when June starts his first game.He is confident there will be no drop-off in front of a crowd he expects will include a large contingent of his family and friends."I need to put confidence in the coaches' minds that I can make this happen," he said. "It's not good enough to say you're almost there. You have to make plays." HERE is another clipping, now granted I will say these came before the preseason games. but again thre is no change to a ROLB/LOLB scheme and away from SLB/WLB. Look, I'm going to have to see a full game of action to believe that Dungy has scrapped his winning playbook or some direct quotes from him that Thornton was not moved to the Strong side. If it makes no difference, then why the hell move Thornton from one side to the other.... :confused:

June 21, 2004The Colts are getting away from a true “strong-side” and “weak-side” linebacker alignment within their 4-3 base defense. The coaching staff believes the best way to replace SLB Marcus Washington is to slide the more experienced David Thornton to that spot from the weak side, with speedy converted-safety Cato June working as the pure chase or “Will” linebacker. If an opponent moved its tight end to its left side, the Colts would not switch their outside ‘backers. With “interchangeable” linebackers, the Colts have an upper hand against opposing quarterbacks attempting to read the defensive alignment prior to the snap. Thornton has some natural rush skills and more size than June, who still has to win the job over 2003 undrafted free agent Gary Brackett, among others.HERE IS THE Clipping on the alleged change. Still, it says the staff is sliding Thornton over from the spot that he occupied last year. June is playing the "playmaker" spot though -- The "Will" Linebacker. Cato June man, know his name, and draft his butt in your draft. Don't wait on him and be sorry that you have to try and claim him. Just take him, if he busts on biggie, cut him, but if you fail to take out the flyer, he may be the next big thing and you may not be with your fantasy squad this year.

From the above 3 clippings, Sharks will have to make their own decisions, anything else that we say is just speculation and biased in an effort to support our own analyse of the situation. We all agree, draft him, just don't make him the linch pin. That's sound advice for anyone. You don't make Griffin the focus of your RB squad.

Gardener who was running/rotating series with June got the dreaded "high ankle" sprainJunes job now, but be carefulTom

June had 6 tackels last week. However, Gardner entered the game early in the 1st quarter. People better claim Gardenr (even though he is banged up) this year. He could take over the postion by season's end.

Anyone that saw last weekend's preseason game against the Jets recognizes that June is a real talent. He was a monster out there. He looked easily like the best defensive player on the field.

Anyone that saw last weekend's preseason game against the Jets recognizes that June is a real talent. He was a monster out there. He looked easily like the best defensive player on the field.
:rotflmao:

Aug 26, 2004, 15:21Colts - WLB June To Play Entire Preseason GameMike Chappell, IndyStar - [Full Article]So, who steps in when Cato June needs a break? "Umm, don't know," Colts coach Tony Dungy said. "Hopefully he can play the whole game."It sure does not look like Cato has much in the way of competition.

Come on Cato you need to pick up the picante because 11 tackles with 1 assist ain't going to cut it. :popcorn:

Did anybody watch the game. I did not get a chance to see it but based on what I saw the first two games it sure did look like June improved. Yes, I know he played the whole game and yes I know most came in the second half but still that is a good line. (11/1)If someone did see it it sure looked liked Thornton was getting all the early tackles and Brackett was as well. Why was Brackett in so early and was it for Morris?Tom

Some guys told you so -- 11 tackles... :P If you are not drafting him to be your last starter at LB, your loss. :D If you are not drafting him to your top reserve at LB, your loss. ;) If you are just sticking your head up your ####, then your loss, unless of courseyou like that sort of thing. :excited: Out. This tread is done.Draft, pick up, claim, whatever, if you are in a IDP get June, and be smart:football:

I wasn't prepared to take Cato as my 3rd Lb but I managed to grab him in the 20th round of a 12 team IDP league where we start 3 Lbs..London Fletcher -9thMike Peterson -11thRobert Thomas -15thChris Claiborne -19thCato June -20th

June will perform Peterson, Claiborne, and Thomas. He should be considered your second LB. In a 12-team league, I am starting Bulluck, June, and S. Barber, with Briggs and Brayton serving as backups.

June will perform Peterson, Claiborne, and Thomas. He should be considered your second LB. In a 12-team league, I am starting Bulluck, June, and S. Barber, with Briggs and Brayton serving as backups.
I would be waiting to see how he performs before doing anything rash. He had 11 tackles in a preseason game...so what. It's preseaon. If you draft him in the 20th round, it is smart because of his upside. If anyone drafts him before the 30th LB taken then they are delusional.Fletcher and Peterson are known quantities no doubt about that. Claiborne has a trend of starting off strong and then letting his conditioning (or lack thereof) get the better of him. Honestly, I would be starting Claiborne on week 1...he will be impressive for about 4-6 weeks.

I disagree with you. Thorton only had 40 tackles in the 2002 season. He had over 140 tackles last season. If June occupies this position for the entire season, he should replicate Thorton's numbers. He is worth a 10th round pick. You need to take chances to win championships. I did this with Thorton last year--not surprisingly, I won the my league's title. :thumbup:

I disagree with you. Thorton only had 40 tackles in the 2002 season. He had over 140 tackles last season. If June occupies this position for the entire season, he should replicate Thorton's numbers. He is worth a 10th round pick. You need to take chances to win championships. I did this with Thorton last year--not surprisingly, I won the my league's title. :thumbup:
it might be a little more complicated than that.another variable might be if thornton is more talented than june, in which case june is not a lock to score the same though he may be playing the same position. i forget which RB replaced barry sanders (which in itself sort of makes this point), but whoever replaced him wasn't assured of putting up identical stats just because they assumed the same role. respective talent has to enter into the equation. june is somewhat of an unknown commodity.i would be surprised if june, or even the combined numbers with gardner over the year, surpass peterson, who really stepped it up in the second half (he was getting the hang of playing MLB for the first time).june could be really good. but depending on your league, he may not be much of a sleeper any more. the cat is sort of out of the bag.

Last edited by a moderator:
it might be a little more complicated than that.another variable might be if thornton is more talented than june, in which case june is not a lock to score the same though he may be playing the same position. i forget which RB replaced barry sanders (which in itself sort of makes this point), but whoever replaced him wasn't assured of putting up identical stats just because they assumed the same role. respective talent has to enter into the equation. june is somewhat of an unknown commodity.i would be surprised if june, or even the combined numbers with gardner over the year, surpass peterson, who really stepped it up in the second half (he was getting the hang of playing MLB for the first time).june could be really good. but depending on your league, he may not be much of a sleeper any more. the cat is sort of out of the bag.
Fair enough, but I don't think the Barry Sanders comparison necessarily holds. RB scoring is more about talent, while LB scoring is more about opportunity.

Right. June is not a lock to get 140 tackles, and he might not be as talented as Thorton. However, there are some signals he will do quite well this year. He has been considered the biggest standout at Colts camp, in the past two preseason games he has had 18 tackles (I think this does holds some meaning), and he has the speed to man this position (granted, he lacks some size).I also think Dungy's system will put Cato in the position to make many plays. For these reasons, I think he is more than worthy of drafted as a 3rd LB in a 12 team. There is a lot of upside here, unlike what owners will get with players like Peterson and Claiborne. Hopefully, he takes advantage of his opportunity and does well. This situation reminds me of Denver's running game--a back with medium talent will gain 1000 yards (Anderson and O. Gary). Here, Cato's pedestrian talent and Dungy's system should net a lot of tackles for fantasy owners.

Fair enough, but I don't think the Barry Sanders comparison necessarily holds. RB scoring is more about talent, while LB scoring is more about opportunity.
and i may have phrased it sloppily... didn't mean to imply opportunity isn't worth anything, or that some positions aren't more desireable than others (such as WLB over SLB in general)... just that cato might not put up identical stats to thornton IF he isn't as talented. i really wasn't even taking a position on whether he is or isn't as talented... he may be, i was just commenting on the fact that thornton is a little more of a known commodidty... though even he only had the big year last season.barry sanders wasn't the best choice for an analogy, even on the level that he is/was a bonafide superstar & thornton still up 'n coming and not nearly as established. i was just making the point that a successor is not guaranteed to replicate the stats of his predecessor.maybe your point about talent not being as important at LB will hold up with june?not to put too fine a point on it, but i still think talent enters into the equation. if a player underperforms, and there is someone on the roster better, they are in danger of being replaced... even if they are a LB.but i believe mosscrue, one of the most vigorous & vocal supporters of june, mentioned that he took gardner as a WLB handcuff... it is important to make a distinction about whether we are talking about june (more risk) or the colts WLB position (less risk... but could still score less this season than last, in case whoever wins the role... june or gardner, are less capable than thornton).many last season probably assumed polley would out-tackle tinoisamoa because of the respective positions they play, but polley under-performed and frankly isn't as talented as tinoisamoa. now he is probably out of a job.

Right. June is not a lock to get 140 tackles, and he might not be as talented as Thorton. However, there are some signals he will do quite well this year. He has been considered the biggest standout at Colts camp, in the past two preseason games he has had 18 tackles (I think this does holds some meaning), and he has the speed to man this position (granted, he lacks some size).He had 18 tackles because he played the entire game. He had 4 tackles in the first half and Thronton had 5. June, the standout of camp? He didn't win the job outright until Gardner was injured. That is why they were spliting series. Thornton is the everydown backer, I will stand by my earlier predictions that Thornton will outscore June this year. June is however a good LB to have.Tom

Right, Tom. I am talking more about the Colt's WL position than June being a star. Thorton was not considered a legitimate force, when he took over this position last season. However, the position helped him yield over 140 tackles. Naturally, I feel a player with decent skills should put up some exceptional numbers at this position. Because June is not an established player, I also agree that Gardner must be drafted by owners. Drafting Thorton last year really helped my team :thumbup: , I hope the same rings true with June/Gardner.

Read this piece--Even Thorton "believes June fits the Dungy defensive philosophy, and will thrive in his new role. " We can argue back and forth on this topic. We will see how everything unfolds in two week. I really don't plan to draft Thorton. I really feel June or Gardner will out perform him. Posted on Sat, Aug. 28, 2004 June feels heat as spotlight falls on the Colts' 'D'The converted safety knows he and his peers must make plays for Indianapolis to reach its championship goal.By Reggie Hayesof The News-SentinelGive the Indianapolis Colts credit for innovation. Or is it desperation? The easy way to improve the Colts' questionable defense would have been for owner Jim Irsay to issue a blank check to team President Bill Polian with orders to wheel and deal until he had a modern-day **** Butkus in a horseshoe helmet. The Colts instead looked inward and improvised. They took safety Cato June, bulked him up and turned him into a linebacker. Now all he has to do is emerge as Superman. "I'm feeling better, but it's not really about me," June said. "It's about how we gel as a unit, as a team and as a defense. Regardless of if I feel excellent, if we're still losing we have to come together as a team." Saying the Indianapolis defense still has a few wrinkles to iron out is like saying the Colts sell a few Peyton Manning replica jerseys. The New York Jets rarely even stopped to chat with the Colts' defense in a 31-7 win Aug. 21, with 24 of those points coming via offensive drives. The Colts' first defensive unit might play three quarters against the Buffalo Bills on Saturday at the RCA Dome. Kickoff is 7 p.m. With backup Gilbert Gardner unavailable because of an ankle injury, June could play the entire game. "Everybody knows what our offense can do," June said. "So we have to go out as a defense and show we can defend the run, show we can make the big plays and show we can come up with the key stops." June moved into the starting position as the weakside linebacker when the Colts moved David Thornton into Marcus Washington's old spot as the strongside linebacker. While June isn't the only defensive player on the spot this season -- defensive end Dwight Freeney needs another big year and defensive backs Mike Doss and Donald Strickland must improve -- his play will be indispensable. The Colts hope June develops into the type of quick and quick-reacting linebacker that Colts coach Tony Dungy favors. June had five tackles and one assist in limited playing time against the Jets. "Like anything else, you have to go out there and learn the defense to where you're not thinking about it," June said. "I'm feeling a lot more comfortable out there now. I'm moving faster, I'm getting some of the fundamental things down." Once the linebacker spot becomes second-nature, then June's athleticism, so evident during his college career at the University of Michigan, can take over. He needs to fly to the ball. I mentioned Superman, right? "Once I get the basics, the fundamental linebacker position down," June said, "then I can go out there and use my abilities and make plays." Thornton said he believes June fits the Dungy defensive philosophy, and will thrive in his new role. June is the third player at that position in three years, following Thornton and Washington, both of whom moved when the strongside starter left for another team after the season. "That's the nature of the business -- guys move different places," Thornton said. "Coach Dungy is confident the younger players we have are capable of getting the job done. He likes a young, athletic group." The pressure on June, and the defense as a whole, comes from the unspoken realization that the Colts' prime time to rule the NFL is now. Manning is at a peak, with a bevy of receivers, led by the incomparable Marvin Harrison, a Pro Bowl-caliber back in Edgerrin James and a relatively veteran line. Yet no team wins a Super Bowl, or even reaches one, without a solid defense. "This third (preseason) game, we'll get the first team out there the majority of the game and we'll get to test what's going on," Freeney said. "The first couple games, you go out there for a quarter and you get some feel for the game, but you don't really get a complete feel." June said the defense feels the urgency, as well it should. "You go out and give up 31 points, that's not acceptable," June said. "There are some things we have to do as a unit to make a lot more plays." None of the Colts' defensive plays will be bigger than the ones June makes. Or, not to be too pessimistic, the ones he doesn't make.

Right, Tom. I am talking more about the Colt's WL position than June being a star. Thorton was not considered a legitimate force, when he took over this position last season. However, the position helped him yield over 140 tackles. Naturally, I feel a player with decent skills should put up some exceptional numbers at this position. Because June is not an established player, I also agree that Gardner must be drafted by owners. Drafting Thorton last year really helped my team :thumbup: , I hope the same rings true with June/Gardner.
That's not true. I went looking for a few rookie profiles predraft a few years ago and couldn't find any. Thornton was touted as a raw talent and big tackler with high upside. He also had prototypical size and played the position before coming to the NFL.June is only 217 lbs, small for any LB. Was a free safety at Michigan (a free safety for crying out loud) and never had more than 58 tackles there. Big difference in their "potentia" coming out of college.

Thorton was not touted as an impact player out of college. He was a 4th round draft choice. I did state June is an undersized player; however, he is very fast and very athletic. Indy’s coaches and players have mentioned this. That is why Dungy moved him to Thorton’s spot. Thorton and Dungy both feel Cato will thrive in his new role.

Thorton was not touted as an impact player out of college. He was a 4th round draft choice. I did state June is an undersized player; however, he is very fast and very athletic. Indy’s coaches and players have mentioned this. That is why Dungy moved him to Thorton’s spot. Thorton and Dungy both feel Cato will thrive in his new role.
Nowhere did I use "impact player" in my post. "Dungy and Thornton think he will thrive." Have you ever heard of people saying what they are supposed to say? And when has Dungy ever said an unkind word about anyone? What does thrive mean? It could mean better than Rob Morris (which ain't so hard, I might add)' or it could mean 100 solo tackles. Until they say he is going to play 100% of the downs on defense and is the best tackler on the team, all the statements made about him will be taken with a grain of salt.

Cato June is a product of the hype machine plain and simple. And until he shows me something I will hold of until later in my draft even if that means I miss out. I can find someone else who will produce as well.

I seem to be the only dissenting voice in this forum and no one is going to change my mind. I can't pin my fantasy hopes on a 217 lb linebacker who has never played linebacker before.

Ok, since the three of use have carried this thread probably two weeks to long, I am going to try and simplify it.Thornton is the best LB on the team, which is why he is the one always on the field. In time, June may possess these skills and may land himself in the nickel role but until then Thornton and Nelson man that spot.June has a ton of potential but still is very raw. Just because he is throwing up decent numbers this summer does not mean that will translate to the regular season. The WLB position in a Dungy defense has always scored...this is very true but this is not the usual WLB/SLB setup this year. With Thornton locked into one side and June the other they will BOTH cover the TE. (If I am an opposing off coordinator, I am running at June all day long for countless reasons)June is small, well this is true but he has speed and not only will grow into the position but into his body as well.June is unchallenged, this is not true. While most expert felt the Colts reached for Gardner they felt he was a perfect fit due to him playing in that defense for his time at Purdue. Gardner is however injured and will not make any significant impact until probably halfway through the year."Thrive in the position" this is typical Dungy and sounds like the Colts feel very good about there chances this year.June will not equal Thorntons numbers of last year (LB #1) but he will still be solid. I have them ranked pretty close. ( I expect teams to run at June but I expect Thornton to have alot of Misc. pts due to always being on the field)Now, why are we not talking about Gary Brackett not being able to beat out the stiff, Rob Morris, in the middle?Tom

The issue has been really dragged out by the three of us. I will bank on June being a very good number 3LB. I will put my money on the pintsize, safety from Michigan. Even if he doesn't perform up to my expectations, I have drafted well enough to have good production here. Either Lance Briggs or Travin Smith will post very good numbers this season. You can bet on it. :yes:

The issue has been really dragged out by the three of us. I will bank on June being a very good number 3LB. I will put my money on the pintsize, safety from Michigan. Even if he doesn't perform up to my expectations, I have drafted well enough to have good production here. Either Lance Briggs or Travin Smith will post very good numbers this season. You can bet on it. :yes:
We agree!I love Briggs this year as wellTom

Nowhere did I use "impact player" in my post. "Dungy and Thornton think he will thrive." Have you ever heard of people saying what they are supposed to say? And when has Dungy ever said an unkind word about anyone? What does thrive mean? It could mean better than Rob Morris (which ain't so hard, I might add)' or it could mean 100 solo tackles. Until they say he is going to play 100% of the downs on defense and is the best tackler on the team, all the statements made about him will be taken with a grain of salt.

Cato June is a product of the hype machine plain and simple. And until he shows me something I will hold of until later in my draft even if that means I miss out. I can find someone else who will produce as well.

I seem to be the only dissenting voice in this forum and no one is going to change my mind. I can't pin my fantasy hopes on a 217 lb linebacker who has never played linebacker before.
You aren't alone. As soon as Gardener is healthy, June will be a part-time player. When he's been on the field with the first team defense he hasn't been getting tackles anyway, so his value is at best questionable even before GG returns. June is worth a late flyer as a back-up with potential, but if you count on him as a starter you'll be kicking yourelf by week 6.

I only need one of them--Briggs, June, or Smith—to come through this year. I think they all have a chance to be special. I feel Bulluck and Barber are a very good 1 and 2 punch.

I only need one of them--Briggs, June, or Smith—to come through this year. I think they all have a chance to be special. I feel Bulluck and Barber are a very good 1 and 2 punch.
I am really not high on Barber this year at all but I think Bullock is a top 3 backer. I have Bullock, A Davis, Urlacher, Fletcher, R Thomas, Thornton, J Vilma, D Smith, T Lehman and James Dirt Davis and I have them ranked that way (not counting the rookies). Dynasty league, don't ask how I aqquired them all!Tom

Wow! You are stacked at LB. In my league, defense holds equal weight as offense. So, the defensive players fly off the board. My DL is C. Grant, K. Williams (Minn), and C. Brown (Cleveland).

Wow! You are stacked at LB. In my league, defense holds equal weight as offense. So, the defensive players fly off the board. My DL is C. Grant, K. Williams (Minn), and C. Brown (Cleveland).
Have you heard how Courtney Brown has been this preseason? I know he was battling some knee problems earlier on and we all know his injury history.

Midway through the year, thought I'd bring this back up.Cato June: 40 solos (28 over last four games), one interceptionDavid Thornton: 41 solos (15 over last four games), one interceptionJune with five solos through the first half of todays game, Thornton with one.

What's June's position going into this year? Are they going to make any changes? Statistically he did well, but he didnt' make a lot of big plays on the field, so I have to wonder if Dungy might reassess him there. Any thoughts or insight?

I think June will be safe. Given their draft needs on defense (DT, CB, MLB), they won't be in a position to find anyone better to replace him.

I think June will be safe. Given their draft needs on defense (DT, CB, MLB), they won't be in a position to find anyone better to replace him.
agree here grady, although if gil gardner could stay healthy i think he could push june for his job. gardner was very impressive at purdue.

I think June will be safe.  Given their draft needs on defense (DT, CB, MLB), they won't be in a position to find anyone better to replace him.
agree here grady, although if gil gardner could stay healthy i think he could push june for his job. gardner was very impressive at purdue.
Man what a flashback thread! seems like Deja Vu :bag:

Users who are viewing this thread