What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBG Staff Mock Draft 8/26 (1 Viewer)

Kleck

Footballguy
Draft will occur on the MFL site. link

WCOFF scoring.

Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 PK, 1 DF

16 Rounds

We have 11 staff members ready to go, but two of those might not be able to make it.

Levin

Rudnicki

Shick!

Gray

Smith

Henderson

Henry

Wimer

Anderson

Overton

Fazio

If you would like to be considered as our #12 drafter, or as an alternate, please post in this thread and you will have a shot. No need to give a resume.

How about a new guy instead of the established vets who are in on everything on this site.......I'm all in if needed....... :banned:

How about a new guy instead of the established vets who are in on everything on this site.......
Because established vets usually know what they're doing, with a new guy, you never know what you're getting.

How about a new guy instead of the established vets who are in on everything on this site.......
Because established vets usually know what they're doing, with a new guy, you never know what you're getting.
Hey EG72,Kev doesn't mean any disrespect, but he has a point. You may very well be knowledgeable. You may very well do a great job. However, we'll probably go with a couple of guys we already have confidence in.

Shick,You guys should have just PM's people you were interested in taking part rather than posting a blanket invite :thumbdown:

Hey EG72,Kev doesn't mean any disrespect, but he has a point. You may very well be knowledgeable. You may very well do a great job. However, we'll probably go with a couple of guys we already have confidence in.
I figured as much, but I had to take a shot. :D It was the only possible angle I could think of that might differentiate me from some of the others (at this juncture). I see that there's a definite hierarchy involved with the posters on this board. No disrespect taken, if anything, it's further incentive to establish myself as a knowledgeable and credible poster.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shick,You guys should have just PM's people you were interested in taking part rather than posting a blanket invite :thumbdown:
I don't have anyone specific in mind. Figured I would just let people announce they were interested, then look at the list and pick a few names of those I know from the past few years.No, I'm not going to go with someone I don't know. Yes, I could have made that clear at the beginning of the thread. I'll go back and edit it now. Sorry for the inconvenience.

No prob, I understand you all want the best candiate that you know of.Just remember, there are a lot more extremely good players that are not as active on these boards (just because by the time I or anyone else has heard anything, it's been posted.)Thanks anyway.

No prob, I understand you all want the best candiate that you know of.Just remember, there are a lot more extremely good players that are not as active on these boards (just because by the time I or anyone else has heard anything, it's been posted.)Thanks anyway.
I agree 100%. I consider a large percent of our members to be experts.

Hey folks,

Just an announcement that we're golden to draft on Thursday. Draft shapes up like this...

1. Smith

2. Fazio LHUCKS

3. Henderson

4. Wimer

5. Henry

6. FFWeasel

7. Anderson

8. Levin

9. Gray

10. Shick

11. Overton

12. Rudnicki

Alternates:

2. Da Masses

3. Fasteddie

Note to alternates: First of all we really appreciate you guys stepping up (No, I'm not Joe) and making your time available for this. Both Fazio and Henry are not confirmed, and may not be able to participate. Please anticipate your participation in this draft and be ready to go on Thursday. Also, we've been caught too many times with someone having a last second computer problem or family issue. Yes, you may not get to draft, but I'll make sure I return the favor if you're ready to go and get left out.

I will be leaving for Vegas on Sunday and not returning until Wednesday. If there is a problem I won't be able to deal with it until then. Looking forward to this. Should be a good experience for all involved.

Lastly, after we complete the draft I would appreciate it if you would copy and paste your roster into the Shark Pool thread dedicated to this draft. The amount of commentary you wish to add is up to you. I don't want anyone to feel obligated to go nuts with volumes of explanations. I plan to make quick list of best pick, worst pick, biggest reach, etc. Might also add some commentary on specific strategies if I feel its worth mentioning.

^Draft is still a go for tomorrow.
Did you confirm Fazio and Henry?
Sent out emails tonight. Will give an update in the morning before I head out to see the quack (Doctor's appointment). Can't wait to draft while taking some serious pain meds. Should be good for a laugh.

Hey guys,Someone is going to get called up because I just sent an email to Shick! bowing out. I am not feeling well enough to be able to sustain a complete draft. I am pretty bummed because I was looking forward to it. But the way things have been going I would probably fall asleep mid pick.Have fun,Cathy

I'm ready to go. :football:Two things:1) I need the league name and password2) Wanted to verify that we're not using the WCOFF Lineup Requirements, just the scoring.

Looking forward to the fun tonight.. so far this year I've drafted from these slots (all 12 team leagues): 11, 11, 8I do think drafting 4th thru 7th is the sweet spot this year.So, drafting 5th I should have some fun.

I'm ready to go. :football:

Two things:

1) I need the league name and password

2) Wanted to verify that we're not using the WCOFF Lineup Requirements, just the scoring.
Email sent from MFL site with password to your hotmail account.Only requirement is we all need to draft at least one PK and DF.

I'm ready to go. :football:

Two things:

2) Wanted to verify that we're not using the WCOFF Lineup Requirements, just the scoring.
Email sent from MFL site with password to your hotmail account.Only requirement is we all need to draft at least one PK and DF.
But we don't have a flex correct? WCOFF does, but your post doesn't. Just wanted to make sure.

I'm ready to go.  :football:

Two things:

But we don't have a flex correct? WCOFF does, but your post doesn't. Just wanted to make sure.
No flex position, only WCOFF scoring system.

Why are the FBG's so high on Deuce and Barlow? I will read the reports soon, but just the 10 cent cliff notes on what's been so impressive.Ditto that for Thomas Jones.

3rd round and Chris Brown still on the board...even over Curtis Martin and the like. Interesting............

Users who are viewing this thread