What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBG Staff Mock Draft 8/26 (1 Viewer)

Never mind, you got Steve Smith!!!!!!I'm going to stop watching now, I feel the urge to comment all night.

Curtis ####in Martin!!!! What in the hell were you thinking taking him that early? Hey idiot- Martin ADP is around 64. Thats 5-6th round jackass.

Last edited by a moderator:
3.05 29 Henry Jones, Thomas CHI RB Thu Aug 26 8:20:06 p.m. ET 2004 3.06 30 Koehler (ffweasel) Johnson, Rudi CIN RB Thu Aug 26 8:20:38 p.m. ET 2004 3.07 31 Anderson/Drugrunner Davis, Stephen CAR RB Thu Aug 26 8:21:22 p.m. ET 2004 3.08 32 Levin Brown, Chris TEN RB Thu Aug 26 8:21:59 p.m. ET 2004 3.10 34 Shick! Jones, Kevin DET RB Thu Aug 26 8:22:53 p.m. ET 2004
Still quality backs slipping to the bottom of the third round.

LHucks has:Holmes, Martin and S. SmithLHucks should have:Holmes, Owens, Cullpepper.Nicely done. I did say I was going to stop watching. Sorry.

Since LHUCKS is drafting where I would have been, if I would have been feeling better. I am going to comment on his choices and let you know what I would have done in his spot.1.02 Priest Holmes - can't argue with this one. 2.11 Curtis Martin - I would not have taken Martin at this spot. If drafting tonight I would have taken Hines Ward3.02 - Steve Smith - At this spot I would have taken my 2nd RB and gone with Rudi Johnson

3.05 29 Henry Jones, Thomas CHI RB Thu Aug 26 8:20:06 p.m. ET 2004 3.06 30 Koehler (ffweasel) Johnson, Rudi CIN RB Thu Aug 26 8:20:38 p.m. ET 2004 3.07 31 Anderson/Drugrunner Davis, Stephen CAR RB Thu Aug 26 8:21:22 p.m. ET 2004 3.08 32 Levin Brown, Chris TEN RB Thu Aug 26 8:21:59 p.m. ET 2004 3.10 34 Shick! Jones, Kevin DET RB Thu Aug 26 8:22:53 p.m. ET 2004
Still quality backs slipping to the bottom of the third round.
The one point per reception and starting 3 WRs certainly has an impact.Lord knows I would have never drafted Barber without the point per reception. However, he is huge in this format.

No complaints with LHUCKS picks here, I personally would have taken Trent Green first, knowing that Smith had 2 WRs. And then Andre Johnson in the 5th.

Since LHUCKS is drafting where I would have been, if I would have been feeling better. I am going to comment on his choices and let you know what I would have done in his spot.1.02 Priest Holmes - can't argue with this one. 2.11 Curtis Martin - I would not have taken Martin at this spot. If drafting tonight I would have taken Hines Ward3.02 - Steve Smith - At this spot I would have taken my 2nd RB and gone with Rudi Johnson
I have Ward and Smith in same tier.I have Martin one tier above Rudi...I'm more down on Rudi than most though.

Ugly eh.You should copy some of the more flavourful lines into this thread. We wanna see how the pros talk. :D

No complaints with LHUCKS picks here, I personally would have taken Trent Green first, knowing that Smith had 2 WRs. And then Andre Johnson in the 5th.
McNair is my #3 QB. Green's WRs scare the heck out of me...he was the only other QB I would consider. McNair's ppg are always off the charts...#2 last year I believe.

These next picks are make or break for the Goon squad...IMHO... :mellow:
4.12 48 Smith's Goon Squad Vick, Michael ATL QB Thu Aug 26 8:33:07 p.m. ET 2004
OK...
5.01 49 Smith's Goon Squad George, Eddie DAL RB Thu Aug 26 8:33:16 p.m. ET 2004
.....BREAK......... :thumbdown: I'm sure the Wheatley owner (Wimer's Tabula Rasa) creamed in his pants when he saw that..... :excited: :shock: :excited:

No discussion lately.We must be wowing everyone with stellar selections.Any comments on the WR run?

Bruce Henderson's putting a decent squad together so far, but Moe at 7.3 seems like a reach. QB CulpepperRB Deuce RB DillonRB Moe Williams (!)WR ChambersWR WayneTE GonzoI don't love the receivers, but there's been a pretty big run on them so far. Interesting LHUCKS also has a solid draft:McNairPriestMartinSteve SmithAndre JohnsonStallworthWinslow

You had to know RB2 and WR3 were going to be trouble, but Chris Smith's squad could be dominant:QB VickRB LTRB Eddie/McGaheeWR OwensWR WardTE Shockey

After 7 rounds it's Levin and Smith out in front.**edited to say after 9 rounds they are further in front**

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm on tilt. I've been targeting a specific group of WRs after round 8...Deion BranchJoey GallowayDonald DriverAll three of them when in the late 8th and early 9th.

I'm on tilt. I've been targeting a specific group of WRs after round 8...Deion BranchJoey GallowayDonald DriverAll three of them when in the late 8th and early 9th.
8.03 87 Shick! Pittman, Michael TBB RB WTF was that? Did you break your arm on that reach or just dislocate your shoulder?

Am I too high on J. Jones? I'd take him in the 4th round without hesitation. Him going in the 7th round is shocking to me.I got this from the Cowboy official site but it leaves me believing that Jones will be the primary back:'Parcells has stopped short of naming rookie Julius Jones his starting running back, but did admit Thursday veteran Eddie George would not be carrying a heavy load. "Eddie will be in the mix," Parcells said. "He'll get some carries, but it's not what he's used to getting." As for Jones, Parcells said he'd get what he can handle, and that number hasn't been established yet.'

10.10 118 Henderson Anderson, Richie DAL RB Yo Drug...is this Survivor? What are you going to do with the RB3 in Dallas?

Oh, how I hate to say this... I like everything about LHUCKS' draft except for picking Kennison early (could have gotten him at least a round later) and picking William Green at all. Martin is a lot better with Pennington in there than you guys are giving him credit for.

McNair, Steve TEN QB - 9 5.02

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Green, William CLE RB - 8 9.02

Holmes, Priest KCC RB - 5 1.02

Martin, Curtis NYJ RB - 3 2.11

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boldin, Anquan ARI WR - 6 10.11

Johnson, Andre HOU WR - 7 4.11

Kennison, Eddie KCC WR - 5 8.11

Smith, Steve CAR WR - 3 3.02

Stallworth, Donte' NOS WR - 8 6.11

Winslow, Kellen CLE TE - 8 7.02

10 Total Players

Am I too high on J. Jones? I'd take him in the 4th round without hesitation. Him going in the 7th round is shocking to me.I got this from the Cowboy official site but it leaves me believing that Jones will be the primary back:'Parcells has stopped short of naming rookie Julius Jones his starting running back, but did admit Thursday veteran Eddie George would not be carrying a heavy load. "Eddie will be in the mix," Parcells said. "He'll get some carries, but it's not what he's used to getting." As for Jones, Parcells said he'd get what he can handle, and that number hasn't been established yet.'
Please shut your pie hole...the opposition doesn't need to know this. :angry:

Oh, how I hate to say this... I like everything about LHUCKS' draft except for picking Kennison early (could have gotten him at least a round later) and picking William Green at all. Martin is a lot better with Pennington in there than you guys are giving him credit for.

McNair, Steve TEN QB - 9 5.02

Green, William CLE RB - 8 9.02

Holmes, Priest KCC RB - 5 1.02

Martin, Curtis NYJ RB - 3 2.11

Boldin, Anquan ARI WR - 6 10.11

Johnson, Andre HOU WR - 7 4.11

Kennison, Eddie KCC WR - 5 8.11

Smith, Steve CAR WR - 3 3.02

Stallworth, Donte' NOS WR - 8 6.11

Winslow, Kellen CLE TE - 8 7.02

10 Total Players
I love his WRs, but I think the rest of his team will be spending too much time in the tub. Actually the WRs are too strong as I wouldn't know which ones to start.

I figured I'd stick my 0.02 in headinginto the 8th round . . .

Shick!

Decent options at RB but they all come with some pretty big ??? I personally am not a Moulds fan, and with Buffalo going to run a lot more, I think he is overhyped. I am high on Pennington, so he should be a decent option at QB but probably not a difference maker.

Levin

I like the RB depth except for two guys sharing a bye week. All three could easily be Top 15 RB. Also has potentially 2 Top 20 WR. Brooks (Top 5 the past two years) and Favre as a backup = SOLID. I really like how this team is shaping up.

Rudnicki

I don't love the RB corps, but starting in the 12 slot it's tough to get a great set of backs. I think Duckett was a reach, as Dunn looks like he is getting the love in Hotlanta. Suggs looks could for now, but I'm not sold yet, and Garner may not even get half the workload in TB once Pittman returns. I like Bulger, but the Rams OL concerns me A LOT. Can't go wrong with Moss.

Gray

Barlow and Dunn should be ok for RB. I've been questioning why Foster is getting so much hype lately, so I don't love him, but I guess in the 8th round is ok. Very strong WR. Who does Green throw to to start the season? Wilson?

Henry

Solid RB trifecta, although I'll believe Jones is a mega stud when I see it. May not have a Top 25 WR in the bunch. I like Gates, but in the 7th?

Smith's Goon Squad

I mostly like this team, and the core is excellent. But I don't think McGahee or George will come close to RB2 numbers this year. I might go so far to say that Vick has the second most rushing yards on this team. Owens and Ward are a great pairing, but I think Warrick is hurt more than we know. I think all GB WR are risky picks until very late.

Wimer's Tabula Rusa

I'm trying to figure out which is a bigger reach, Griffin or Wheatley. I recently got Griffin in the 8th in No Mercy. I guess grabbing Wheatley in the 19th round was a decent value pick for me in the MB Survivor Contest. WR are decent bt not outstanding unless Lloyd really explodes this year.

LHUCKS

I like this team as well, but there's really only 2 viable RB so far. I'm not a big Stallworth fan, but he should be ok for a WR3. If Holmes or Martin miss time, this team would have a hole in the lineup. Solid all over otherwise.

Henderson

I really like the first 4 picks and was not sure that it was possible to get 2 RB and STILL get CPep and Gonzo. I would have gone in a different path beyond that. Mow went too early in my book, and I am not enamored with the WR. Chambers as a team's #1 scares me some, and the other guys also don't wow me. But a great opening salvo could still keep this team in contention.

Drugrunner

Absolutely love the RB depth here. Potentially has 4 guys that would be starting and producing in the second part of the year. Davis at 2.07 was a gift, as was Jones in the 7th. K-Rob has not gotten rave reviews so far this year and Walker scares me more than any other WR this year, but the pack of RB could overcome that. Good set of QB as well.

Overton

QB are decent but not phenomenal. RB is not this team's strongest suit. Really good WR group here, although I don't set Price getting much with Vick at QB Would be a competitive team even without a lot of RB depth.

ffweasel

Another team I really like with the exception of QB. Probably not a QB1 onthis team. Very solid at RB with the Rams handcuff and Rudi and Clinton to boot. Exceelent work there. May not have a WR1 either but should have 3 guys in the Top 20 WR. I think Lelie has bust written all over him this year, but with the other WR it may not matter. Delhomme may surprise and get close enough to the pack in the bottom of the QB1 range that it wouldn't hurt this team.

There you have it . . .

Smith and LHUCKS are still tops in the draft, but while Levin's moving up, Henderson's been slipping. Moe Williams, Richie Anderson and, to a lesser extent, Reggie Wayne were all reaches, although the Muhammad, Galloway and Panthers picks were all good.

Users who are viewing this thread