What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

⚽ Soccer Match-day Thread (2 Viewers)

I'm on board with an in-game thread for all matches if others are and spoilers in the main thread was one reason why.  Make the thread title generic or just put upcoming matchups in the title.  Leave the main thread for general talk.  Or just leave it how it was as it wasn't too much of a pain to skip the game posts.  Just need most people to agree/comply to make it worth doing.
Sure...but that's no fun...I call for clusterfukk

Last edited by a moderator:
Does it have to do with soccer?

Yes - Does it have to do with a USMNT player/game?

Yes - Post here

No - Does it have to do with an EPL player/team?

Yes - Does it involve an actual game?

Yes - post here

No - post here

No - Does it have to do with MLS?

Yes - PM Andy

No - Does it have to do with La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, Ligue 1 player/team/game?

Yes - nobody cares, keep it to yourself

No - Does it have to do with Olympics, World Cup, non-US International Tournament?

Yes - post in thread dedicated to that event

No - Go back to the first question, and answer "no"

No - Post it in one of Tim's threads

IS the ultimate goal to get the admins to create a soccer forum like they did for baseball?  Then we can run wild with individual game threads, competition threads, transfer threads, etc.....  although I love the regular thread so much.

That's never going to happen.  It took forever for them to create the baseball forum.  I have to admit, I don't understand the need for a game day thread.  I'm likely to keep posting in the main thread.  If someone is taping a game, then maybe don't go into a soccer thread until you've seen the game.  I already end up posting in the wrong thread fairly often. 

My preference would be for just the main thread.  I get how some might feel it gets bogged down with EPL game talk, but realistically, I think there are only going to be a handful of posts each weekend directed at on-going games.  We all tend to watch different games, and sometimes at different times.  

If there was a soccer forum, I might be more inclined to start a week-end game thread, for comments about all games in a given weekend.  

IS the ultimate goal to get the admins to create a soccer forum like they did for baseball?  Then we can run wild with individual game threads, competition threads, transfer threads, etc.....  although I love the regular thread so much.

how many of us are there posting regularly about soccer... maybe 15? do we really need multiple threads for this group?

if discussion about games is only in the game thread- what is the soccer thread for? 

how many of us are there posting regularly about soccer... maybe 15? do we really need multiple threads for this group?

if discussion about games is only in the game thread- what is the soccer thread for? 
oh i agree, just wondering what the goal is with all the different threads.  I dont really post on weekends so....

If there was a soccer forum, I might be more inclined to start a week-end game thread, for comments about all games in a given weekend.  
this is what I thought would be the best idea. Just one new thread a week that fades away the next week with other games. Keeps the main thread a little cleaner and people can still post in there if the aren't watching games. 

no big deal either way though imo 

oh i agree, just wondering what the goal is with all the different threads.  I dont really post on weekends so....
no idea, tbh. maybe there are a handful of people who get annoyed by having to skim a couple of pages of EPL talk over the weekend?

One thing cool about a weekly thread was is that Ramsay could post the weekly TV lineup in the first post....easy reference for everyone and would halp new guys find games  < @mr. furley >

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's my stupid idea for Friday, when I'm driving from central Md to Canandaigua, NY to visit a buddy and take in a Rochester Rhinos game Saturday night. He doesn't get home from work until 5:30 so I was gonna time my drive to be at a bar in Penn Yan at 3 o'clock to watch Saints get their butts kicked at Trafford (Pogba vs Steven Davis  :o ). Then 40 minutes up to my buddy's house, plenty of time for dinner and beers. Do sports bars in the Finger Lakes boonies put up the footy games? I bet anybody in there watching will be an awful Manyoo fan. Redundant, yadda yadda.

Find any hispanic/cantina/cocktail lounge and they'll get the game on :thumbup:

El Floppo said:
no idea, tbh. maybe there are a handful of people who get annoyed by having to skim a couple of pages of EPL talk over the weekend?
I haven't seen any complaining about this for a while.  

Skimming through all the shtick and ####posts is more impactful IMO.  

The shtick is a big reason I frequent it as much as I do. 

The soccer thread here is about as close to perfection as you'll find. Good people, good info, good discussion, shtick, humor, not visited by many others and thus minimal douchebaggery. 

The soccer thread here is about as close to perfection as you'll find. Good people, good info, good discussion, shtick, humor, not visited by many others and thus minimal douchebaggery. 
you take that back, there are no good people in the FFA only drunks

Oh, and the largest collection of shirtless avatars in one thread.

Oscar gets the start over Cesc in Conte's debut, not actually a huge surprise. Looks kind of 4-1-4-1 ish with Kante in front of the back 4, Matic probably playing defensively with Oscar pushing. Cuadrado not on the bench, looks like he's gone (again). Payet not starting for the Hammers.

I love that Kante autocorrects to Kanye and Matic to Magic. 

Forza!

PS, i was only 3% kidding when I said Wijnaldum > Pogba

Love watching him make runs into the box after winning the ball in Liverpool's end 

Users who are viewing this thread