What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

⚽ Soccer Match-day Thread (8 Viewers)

I guess the bright side here is that RM's knockout rounds got real crazy the last 10-20 minutes last year. They seemed pretty much dead several times on their way to winning it.

I think our only hope now is that Inter repeat the ****housing performance they had in their last CL final, but in reality I'm just content in the knowledge that even if they do win, City are still at least two CL titles under expectation

I think our only hope now is that Inter repeat the ****housing performance they had in their last CL final, but in reality I'm just content in the knowledge that even if they do win, City are still at least two CL titles under expectation
Cracked me up when the announcer said at the beginning of the second half, "Nobody would say that City needs a European title for the Guardiola era to be a success."

I think literally anybody would say that. Pep's epitaph will read "never won a Champions League without Lionel Messi" if he doesn't get another one.

Don't think you can blame Steffen on this, but it does make him look a bit awkward. If you come out you have to get the ball goes the cliche, but he was put in a tough spot and ended up in no man's land. A great pass and calm finish I'd say more than anything. Coventry City going to Wembley.

Its Hamer Time!

Don't think you can blame Steffen on this, but it does make him look a bit awkward. If you come out you have to get the ball goes the cliche, but he was put in a tough spot and ended up in no man's land. A great pass and calm finish I'd say more than anything. Coventry City going to Wembley.

Its Hamer Time!
I disagree. No reason for him to be out that far on that ball, no way he is getting anywhere near it.
And then he didn't get back into good position. If he is back to his line he has a better chance to save it,

Cracked me up when the announcer said at the beginning of the second half, "Nobody would say that City needs a European title for the Guardiola era to be a success."

I think literally anybody would say that. Pep's epitaph will read "never won a Champions League without Lionel Messi" if he doesn't get another one.
He was hired to win the CL. Previous managers at City won the domestic titles. Pep needs to win the CL.

Saw some videos of City fans being asked "Would you lose the FA Cup to United if it meant winning a Champions League Title. They were all saying NO and losing to United would not be worth the CL Trophy.

I'd imagine a 2-0 win would just about guarantee Newcastle a CL spot.
Depends on your definition of "just about". The win would keep Brighton from being able to catch them. They would still need to win one of their final 2 matches

Newcastle. United, Liverpool fighting for the last 2 spots. Brighton still has to play City

Users who are viewing this thread