What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

1.1 What is the FF Cost? (1 Viewer)

Keg

Footballguy
read a thread a few days ago that got me thinking and then I did the following deal yesterday so I thought it warranted some discussion on the VALUE OF 1.1 in FF this yr.

I know much depends on who goes where etc...and that the cost could change but pre NFL Rook Draft

WHO IS BUYING 1.1

WHO IS SELLING 1.1

And WHY?

here is the deal i did yesterday in a 16 team idp league(I decided to do a complete rebuild)

Some league specifics .5/ppr & 2pts/tackle other scoing is performance based with TEs getting 1pt/recp we start 1-3RBs 2-4WRs 1-2TEs on the offensive side of the ball....

we are a contract league but when players hit RFA we dont have any kind of Franchise tags or anything like that...we get $50 to spend on May 1st every year for blind WW bids for trades and to use in RFA that following April...

there are few big name RFAs this yr but next yr there are a TON(Edge,CJ, Boldin, Bulluck, Hasslebeck just to name a few)

so here is what i gave to BUY 1.1

I traded Tory Holt(2yrs),Dillon RFA, John Henderson RFA for

1.1,  3.1,  Bobby Engrham(1yr)
What did my team look like prior to last week?

$52 Rook Picks 1.7, 4.16, 5.7, 6.7, 8.7

Hasslebeck(1), McMahon(rfa)

Dillon(rfa)KFaulk(1) MFaulk(1) VHaynes(2) Pass(rfa) Zeroue(rfa)

Holt(2) Kennison(1) Burlesson(1) Krob(1) Ward(rfa) Glenn(rfa)

Winslow(8) LJ Smith(5) Becht(rfa)

Kaeding(3) Gould(1) Cundiff(rfa)

JAllen(2) Stroud(2) Strahan(rfa) JHenderson(rfa)

Ray Ray(2) Pierce(6) Bockwoldt(3) Thorton(rfa) Winborn(rfa) MBrown(rfa)

STaylor(8) Chavous(1) Woolfolk(1)Demps(rfa) Holt(rfa) SWilliams(rfa)

DTS:

Mauck, Pickett VanPelt Wallace

SWilliams QWilson

McCune Newberry

JBullocks Considine FWashington RWashington
What my team looks like TODAY

$79(the most out of all the teams)

1.1,  1.7, 1.11, 2.13, 3.1, 3.11,  4.14, 5.7, 6.7, 8.7

Nall(open Contract), McMahon(rfa)

KFaulk(1) MFaulk(1) VHaynes(2) Pass(rfa) Zeroue(rfa)

Engrham(1) Burlesson(1) Krob(1) Glenn(rfa)

Winslow(8) LJ Smith(5) Becht(rfa)

Kaeding(3) Gould(1) Cundiff(rfa)

JAllen(2) Stroud(2)

Ulbrich(2) Pierce(6) Bockwoldt(3) Thorton(rfa) Winborn(rfa) MBrown(rfa)

STaylor(8) Chavous(1) Woolfolk(1)Demps(rfa) Holt(rfa) SWilliams(rfa)

DTS:

Mauck, Pickett VanPelt Wallace

SWilliams QWilson

McCune Newberry

JBullocks Considine FWashington RWashington
Deals that I have Done:

1.  RayRay for Ulbrich and $9

2. Strahans rights for $4

3. Wards rights for $7

4.  Hasslebeck for 1.11 , 3.11 & $3

5.  Kennison for 2.13, 4.14 & $5

6.  Holt & Rights to Dillon and Rights to J Henderson for 1.1, 3.1 and Engrham
i listed all that info because many times people dont give enough info so you can digest a deal...those are the workings that led me to BUY 1.1of course i plan on being horrible this yr but my team is so bad i probably have 1.1 locked up next yr and then with the largest bank roll will be able to pick off some very big names in RFA next yr...my plan for a major rebuild for this yr I will just wear :bag: and sit in the corner

Last edited by a moderator:
The guy in my main dynasty league is asking

for a top 10 RB, WR and a 1st round pick in 2006

He is asking to much and he has got NO offer.

The guy in my main dynasty league is asking

for a top 10 RB, WR and a 1st round pick in 2006

He is asking to much and he has got NO offer.
i should add that the guy that dealt me 1.1 is sitting pretty good at RB and he was weak at WR... the league has been in exsistence going on its 4th season and he has yet to have a winning season and Holt fits his team to a point where he looks like he will not only have a winning season but could possibly make the playoffs too

First of all, you have Holt listed with 2 years in the trade but a RFA on your roster.

In my opinion, the mistake some dynasty players make, especially when contract years are involved, is trying to "rebuild" vs. win-now. You should allways play for now and a year or two out.

By looking at your 8 year contracts on S. Taylor and K. Winslow it looks like you become too enamoured with rookies and I think you did it again with this trade. You gave away arguably the best WR in the game for a rookie and with a low ppr (.5 pts) Bush looses some value.

I don't like the deal.

First of all, you have Holt listed with 2 years in the trade but a RFA on your roster.

In my opinion, the mistake some dynasty players make, especially when contract years are involved, is trying to "rebuild" vs. win-now. You should allways play for now and a year or two out.

By looking at your 8 year contracts on S. Taylor and K. Winslow it looks like you become too enamoured with rookies and I think you did it again with this trade. You gave away arguably the best WR in the game for a rookie and with a low ppr (.5 pts) Bush looses some value.

I don't like the deal.
i re-checked and i have holt with a 2 yr deal in the deal and on my roster :shrug: the Taylor contract was a mistake in hindsight and winslows well unfortunately we have to assign contracts prior to them breaking their leg in their 1st game played...

this team was a playoff team the yr prior to winslow and taylor and both were need picks and both were looked at to be top prospects for the foreseeable future the problem lies in the word prospects....so in hindsight they were not the best players to take when i took them but at the time they fit a need...

I am not asking if i should have done the trade or not...i just tossed all the specifics out there so people could see the reason i paid for 1.1....dillon is far past his prime and if i wanted to be mediocre then i could have gone after Jordan in RFA this yr and just prod along but I decided to do a drastic rebuild and only time will tell...and if there is one thing i dont do its value rooks or draft picks as much as many do...as can be seen by the picks i had dealt away this yr prior to these deals and what you dont see is that i also traded away rounds 1-3 last yr too

In my opinion, the mistake some dynasty players make, especially when contract years are involved, is trying to "rebuild" vs. win-now.  You should allways play for now and a year or two out.

By looking at your 8 year contracts on S. Taylor and K. Winslow it looks like you become too enamoured with rookies and I think you did it again with this trade.  You gave away arguably the best WR in the game for a rookie and with a low ppr (.5 pts) Bush looses some value.

I don't like the deal.
i re-checked and i have holt with a 2 yr deal in the deal and on my roster :shrug: the Taylor contract was a mistake in hindsight and winslows well unfortunately we have to assign contracts prior to them breaking their leg in their 1st game played...

this team was a playoff team the yr prior to winslow and taylor and both were need picks and both were looked at to be top prospects for the foreseeable future the problem lies in the word prospects....so in hindsight they were not the best players to take when i took them but at the time they fit a need...

I am not asking if i should have done the trade or not...i just tossed all the specifics out there so people could see the reason i paid for 1.1....dillon is far past his prime and if i wanted to be mediocre then i could have gone after Jordan in RFA this yr and just prod along but I decided to do a drastic rebuild and only time will tell...and if there is one thing i dont do its value rooks or draft picks as much as many do...as can be seen by the picks i had dealt away this yr prior to these deals and what you dont see is that i also traded away rounds 1-3 last yr too
I just realized that you have "the other" Holt on your roster too. My bad.If you put out the specifics of a trade, I don't think you should be suprised if someone gives their opinion on the thing.

In my opinion, the mistake some dynasty players make, especially when contract years are involved, is trying to "rebuild" vs. win-now.  You should allways play for now and a year or two out.

By looking at your 8 year contracts on S. Taylor and K. Winslow it looks like you become too enamoured with rookies and I think you did it again with this trade.  You gave away arguably the best WR in the game for a rookie and with a low ppr (.5 pts) Bush looses some value.

I don't like the deal.

I just realized that you have "the other" Holt on your roster too. My bad.If you put out the specifics of a trade, I don't think you should be suprised if someone gives their opinion on the thing.
opinions are fine i just wanted to qualify i wasnt looking for advice is all

[

I just realized that you have "the other" Holt on your roster too. My bad.

If you put out the specifics of a trade, I don't think you should be suprised if someone gives their opinion on the thing.
actually for what its worth i expect to see it about 50/50 on those that think paying for 1.1 is worth it vs those that dont...but to get back on track my question is

IF you have it are you SELLING IT? and why and how much

IF you are looking to BUY IT? why and for how much

in our dynasty league..the following trade just happened.

1.01 and Andre Johnson

for

Steve Smith and 2.01

I have offered Chester Taylor and Warrick Dunn for pick 1.01

The owner still wants more.

I told him good luck.
I have 1.1 and I would laugh at you out loud just for making that offer.

I told him good luck.
I have 1.1 and I would laugh at you out loud just for making that offer.
i looked at it the same way ....chester very well might be solid but dunn is old and if a team has 1.1 they most likely suck and dunn wont be around for the turnaround....

since you own 1.1 i would be interested in what you would be looking to move the pick for either Vet(s) and/or to move down to 1.2 or 1.3 and why

YOUNG RBs and elite players are the most valueable things in dynasty leagues. The top rookie RB is rarely a bust due to a lack of skill and has a lower injury risk than an older back. The only thing to be concerned of is character.

In virtually any year 1.1 is worth one of the following IMO

1. An older (but not old) RB plus something else of high value like a mid first round pick, old but good receiver, high profile prospect, ect. Example: Edge + Rivers.

2. An elite young or prime WR and something of high value. Example: Steve Smith + Rivers.

3. Multiple first round rookie picks, high profile prospects, and/or veterans. By multiple I mean at least 2 extremely good ones or 3+ good ones. Example Rookie 1.3 + Warrick Dunn.

That's the honest opinion of a veteran dynasty owner. You redraft owners will cry outrage. You are the same people who allow me to build super hero like teams. People who have played in dynasty leagues 5 plus years shouldnt blink an eye.

That's the honest opinion of a veteran dynasty owner. You redraft owners will cry outrage. You are the same people who allow me to build super hero like teams. People who have played in dynasty leagues 5 plus years shouldnt blink an eye.
:thumbup: :goodposting: :thumbup:

I have 1.2, 1.6, 1.8 and 1.12 and the owner of 1.1 said he wouldn't trade it for all four of those picks. If that's not overvaluing 1.1 then I don't know what is. Forgot to add that he wouldn't even think about unless I added my 1st in 2007. :lol:

I have the 1.1 and with the my need at RB. It will take alot to get Bush from me.

His upside is high,why trade him off for any RB. Yes-he could be a bust. Guys like C.Taylor and OK wrs are not good value. Plus a top wr don't help much when you need a RB bad.

Now if someone would offer a good/top WR plus RB help. Then I would think about it. But anyone can find an OK WR.

I am attempting to aquire Reggie Bush. My league gives .5pts per reception. I have offered Tiki Barber, 1.10, and 1.11 (12 team league) for 1.1

The other owner is considering making the trade. Personally, I think this is a very fair trade. I'm offering a lot but I want to get a little younger. The other owner has a major rebuilding project on his hands, though.

I'm in my first year in a pre-existing dynasty league in which I took over a franchise that owned the 1.01 pick. Mind you, I've been playing FFL/dynasty FFL for years, so I'm not a newbie when it comes to the game....just this particular league.

2-3 guys have been shooting me offers that I could never possibly accept....especially since I have also cleared a TON of cap room via other moves this off-season (aka no "NBA" style deals where guys need to take on a ton of dead-money from me).

I would actually be very open to moving out of the 1.01 slot if a solid offer were made to me...but none of the offers I have received are even close to those included within this thread. Makes me wonder if some folks out there are over-bidding for Bush's services, OR if my league is just trying to take the "newbie" out behind the woodshed.

I wholeheartedly assume the latter.....as I've been on the other end of that equation in a few of my other leagues. :ph34r: It does help though reading what other people have been offering for the 1.01. :thumbup:

The guy in my league with the 1.1 wanted me to part with Willis McGahee, Ronnie Brown, Larry Fitzgerald and the 1.8 rookie pick. :bye:

I am attempting to aquire Reggie Bush. My league gives .5pts per reception. I have offered Tiki Barber, 1.10, and 1.11 (12 team league) for 1.1

The other owner is considering making the trade. Personally, I think this is a very fair trade. I'm offering a lot but I want to get a little younger. The other owner has a major rebuilding project on his hands, though.
I'd say that is about enough to get you to 1.4 or 1.5 but not to 1.1I see a lot of people offering 30 plus year old RBs and wondering why they are rejected. Its because he's a 31 yo running back. At 31 he'd be very lucky to have even one big season. A 21 yo picked in the top half of round 1 on the other hand is likely to have a number of them.

Here is a trade concerning 1.1 that went down in one of my leagues just FYI!

Guy gave up Portis and 1.1 for S.JAX,A.Johnson, and Shockey and the second round pick of the other guys. The more I think about reading how overly valued everyone thinks Bush is the more I think this trade was real good. S.JAX is a dynasty upgrade over Portis. Shockey was badly needed as the guy giving up 1.1 lost a lot of games close last year because of no true TE, and A. Johnson is still a time bomb waiting to explode! I thought it was a good trade and fair comphensation.

YOUNG RBs and elite players are the most valueable things in dynasty leagues. The top rookie RB is rarely a bust due to a lack of skill and has a lower injury risk than an older back. The only thing to be concerned of is character.

In virtually any year 1.1 is worth one of the following IMO

1. An older (but not old) RB plus something else of high value like a mid first round pick, old but good receiver, high profile prospect, ect. Example: Edge + Rivers.

2. An elite young or prime WR and something of high value. Example: Steve Smith + Rivers.

3. Multiple first round rookie picks, high profile prospects, and/or veterans. By multiple I mean at least 2 extremely good ones or 3+ good ones. Example Rookie 1.3 + Warrick Dunn.

:goodposting: Personally I have the 1.01 and I'm taking the same approach as the Texans reportedly are. I'll trade it.......for a King's ransom. Anything less and I'll gladly take one of the top prospects in the last decade as a consolation prize.

I have 1.2, 1.6, 1.8 and 1.12 and the owner of 1.1 said he wouldn't trade it for all four of those picks. If that's not overvaluing 1.1 then I don't know what is. Forgot to add that he wouldn't even think about unless I added my 1st in 2007. :lol:
Hate to break it to ya but this isn't the NFL. In fantasy mid/late 1st round picks have very little value to many.I understand you're only moving up one spot, but I would essentially look at this as 1.01 for 1.02 and 1.06, which as a 1.01 owner I would turn down (though I own 1.02 as well). If he values Bush a lot higher than the other RBs (which many do) I can see it getting turned down. It's a fair offer.

Helluva trade for you if you can pull it off...Wouldn't call it fair by any stretch of the imagination.

Here is a trade concerning 1.1 that went down in one of my leagues just FYI!

Guy gave up Portis and 1.1 for S.JAX,A.Johnson, and Shockey and the second round pick of the other guys. The more I think about reading how overly valued everyone thinks Bush is the more I think this trade was real good. S.JAX is a dynasty upgrade over Portis. Shockey was badly needed as the guy giving up 1.1 lost a lot of games close last year because of no true TE, and A. Johnson is still a time bomb waiting to explode! I thought it was a good trade and fair comphensation.
Huh?Portis > Jackson (could argue they're equal....even as an SJax owner I don't see him as an upgrade, Portis is what, 23 and already putting up better numbers?)

1.01 >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Shockey + AJ

In one league, I just turned down one offer:

Gado, Samkon GBP RB

James, Edgerrin ARI RB

Harrison, Marvin IND WR

Gonzalez, Tony KCC TE

Year 2006 Round 2 Draft Pick (2.10)

Year 2006 Round 2 Draft Pick (2.12)

FOR

Brown, Ronnie MIA RB

Jackson, Darrell SEA WR

Smith, L.J. PHI TE

Year 2006 Round 1 Draft Pick (1.01)

Year 2006 Round 2 Draft Pick (2.08)

I offered Deuce McAllister and a 2007 1st. Rejected.

Other owner wanted Portis + a good wideout (e.g. Santana Moss or Roy Williams) for 1.1 and 2.1. I rejected.

Brown, Ronnie MIA RB

Jackson, Darrell SEA WR

Smith, L.J. PHI TE

If you are getting this I would call you crazy. It is not so much rebuilding for you but Brown was 1.01-1.03 last year and Jackson, according to LHUCKS, is a 2nd rounder this year, plus Bush for some veterans on your team and a RB that switched teams. Are you sure you want to reject this deal?

Gado, Samkon GBP RB

James, Edgerrin ARI RB

Harrison, Marvin IND WR

Gonzalez, Tony KCC TE

Year 2006 Round 2 Draft Pick (2.10)

Year 2006 Round 2 Draft Pick (2.12)

FOR

Brown, Ronnie MIA RB

Jackson, Darrell SEA WR

Smith, L.J. PHI TE

I hope you did, that offer is not even close. Ronnie > Edge

DJax > Harrison

LJ Smith > Gonzalez

1.1, 2.08 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2.10, 2.12

Gado is junk

I traded Eli Manning, Rudi Johnson, Plaxico Burress for Phillip Rivers, 1.1, 2.1, 3.1 and the 4.1. I know it looks bad, but i could afford it, and really want Bush(Reggie that is).

Huh?

Portis > Jackson (could argue they're equal....even as an SJax owner I don't see him as an upgrade, Portis is what, 23 and already putting up better numbers?)

1.01 >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Shockey + AJ
Portis is older, Jackson is younger, and I'd prefer SJ but you are right. All things considered the root of this trade is really Bush for Johnson, Shockey and an unknown second. That would be about right in a year with a weakness at the top of the RBs. This year you should be able to get even more. If someone had strong RB depth, a love for Jackson, and needs to fill, its not a terrible trade. Its just less than the perceived value of prolific rookie RB.

I have 1.2, 1.6, 1.8 and 1.12 and the owner of 1.1 said he wouldn't trade it for all four of those picks.  If that's not overvaluing 1.1 then I don't know what is.  Forgot to add that he wouldn't even think about unless I added my 1st in 2007.  :lol:
Hate to break it to ya but this isn't the NFL. In fantasy mid/late 1st round picks have very little value to many.I understand you're only moving up one spot, but I would essentially look at this as 1.01 for 1.02 and 1.06, which as a 1.01 owner I would turn down (though I own 1.02 as well). If he values Bush a lot higher than the other RBs (which many do) I can see it getting turned down. It's a fair offer.
Speak for yourself. If you saw this guys team you might agree he needs more than just a ton of help or one Reggie Bush. Unless you are one that believe Bush is already up there with SA, LT, and LJ.To those many that don't value mid 1sts, need to do more homework. I've seen quite a few good players drafted in the mid rounds throughout the years. Moss, Culpepper, Holt, Alexander, McAllister, Portis, Shockey, A. Johnson, Fitz, just to name the ones that most stick out. There is usually atleast one guy every year owners regret passing on. Based on the history of this leagues dynasty drafts, the player taken at 1.01 has seldom turned out to be the best, and a few times has ended up being one of the biggest busts. Doesn't mean it will happen again I suppose, but one of those other RB's ending up being a better fantasy back than Bush would not surprise me.

The trade never got turned down because I never considered offering it, nor will I. Loading up on mid 1sts might not be some people's way of drafting. I've found that the success rate is not a whole lot off from the #1 through the years. Those mid 1sts can sometimes be aquired at good price since like you said, people just don't value them as much. That's been my style, and it's worked pretty good for me.

Speak for yourself. If you saw this guys team you might agree he needs more than just a ton of help or one Reggie Bush. Unless you are one that believe Bush is already up there with SA, LT, and LJ.To those many that don't value mid 1sts, need to do more homework. I've seen quite a few good players drafted in the mid rounds throughout the years. Moss, Culpepper, Holt, Alexander, McAllister, Portis, Shockey, A. Johnson, Fitz, just to name the ones that most stick out. There is usually atleast one guy every year owners regret passing on. Based on the history of this leagues dynasty drafts, the player taken at 1.01 has seldom turned out to be the best, and a few times has ended up being one of the biggest busts. Doesn't mean it will happen again I suppose, but one of those other RB's ending up being a better fantasy back than Bush would not surprise me.

The trade never got turned down because I never considered offering it, nor will I. Loading up on mid 1sts might not be some people's way of drafting. I've found that the success rate is not a whole lot off from the #1 through the years. Those mid 1sts can sometimes be aquired at good price since like you said, people just don't value them as much. That's been my style, and it's worked pretty good for me.
There are certain years where mid-firsts have value...Particularly years with a couple highly touted WRs also involved. This is not one of those years. If I were trading away the 1.01 anything past 1.06 or 1.07 (from 8-108) I wouldn't even consider as part of the trade, its value is just too negligible compared to the value of the picks up top.We've seen what it takes just to move up a few spots at the top of the NFL draft, and that's in a situation where you can find plenty of immediate NFL starters in the mid-first, late first, and beyond. In FF terms you're rarely going to fill a need in the mid/late first round and beyond, and none of the guys picked their can be relied upon to fill that need.

If you need a #2 RB you're not going to be able to pick up a guy you can plug in at #2 RB anytime soon at 1.08. If you need a QB you're not going to find a QB to plug in at 1.08, etc. So if those picks cost a king's ransom to move up for in the NFL where there are legitimate starters later on, it makes sense that it would take even more in FF where the guys you find later on can't be relied on as anything more than a longshot for a couple years down the road.

I offered McAllister and Foster for 1.1

However, I am not sure if it would have gotten accepted or not, as I made a later move involving McAllister and things for Holt.

I'm not sure if this helps and may just complicate things but I recently traded for the 1.01 pick in one of my dynasty leagues and it involved a total of 12 players. I posted in the assistant coach forum so some may have seen this (apologize for the repeat) but here is how it looks..

RB Edgerrin James ARZ

WR Marvin Harrison IND

WR Donte Stallworth NO

LB Jeremiah Trotter PHI

LB Demarcus Ware DAL (still has rookie status)

4th Rd Vet Pick (*give you an idea first two picks of the vet draft were Jamal Lewis and Mike Anderson)

for

QB Jake Plummer DEN

TE Tony Gonzalez KC

WR Mushin Muhammad CHI

LB Andra Davis CLE

1.01 Rookie Pick (aka Reggie B)

2.01 Rookie Pick

The league scoring is a little different then the norm- (1 pt/20 yds passing, 1 pt/10 yds rushing & receiving, TE's - 2 pts per catch & Tds are only 2 pts)

I traded alot of proven players to get Bush and trade bait in return (Plummer, TGonz etc). I already have Peyton, Portis, FWP, Boldin, Andre Johnson and then some key guys on defense but this was definitely a deal to secure my position in the league 2-3 years from now. Obviously, it's a gamble when you trade a star like Edge for a guy who is yet to take a hit in the NFL but what fun is Fantasy Football without taking a chance once and a while?

Guess we'll just have to wait and see.......

I told him good luck.
did he warn you before he tried to kick you in the walnuts?
Yes I was countering his offer of 1.01 for Chester Taylor pick 1.02 and Burelson I think it was..I'm sorry but the 1st overall pick is NOT worth this much imho.

1. Chester Taylor could outperform all rookie Rbs this year and if he is this successful he is not old at all and could be a great Rb to have for the next 3 years.

2. I do not see much seperation between the value of the 1st overall pick and the 2nd even 3rd pick as I believe there will be smiliarly valuable rookie Rbs available with these picks.

3. While Warrick Dunn may be old he is a starter and should have another good season in 2006. This owner has NO Rbs to speak of and gettin 2 starters would make him a contender NOW. Rookie Rb will not do that for him and will possibly bust or be outperformed by both of the RBs I offered him.

Just completed in a 16 team IDP Dynasty League w/ 35 man rosters --

I get:

1.1 and 2.9 in the 2006 Draft

I give:

Deshuaun Foster, Eric Shelton, Demorrio Williams and the 1.10 in the 2006 Draft.

I get:

I give:

Deshuaun Foster, Eric Shelton, Demorrio Williams and the 1.10 in the 2006 Draft.
someone isnt aware Mr. WIlliams probably wont be roaming the weak side

I get:

I give:

Great trade for you. This could go down as the trade of the century in your league, you ripped him off horribly.

What a freakin mess

Another reminder why auctions are so much better than this crapola :thumbup:

It's nutz. There were talks of LJ for the 1.1 pick in one of my dynasties. Bush hasn't played a down in the NFL people!!!
This deal actually happend in my Dynasty League! LJ for 1.01 in mid-December.

I get:

I give:

Great trade for you. This could go down as the trade of the century in your league, you ripped him off horribly.
It's so lopsided it's scary. Just remember, you can shave a cat many times, but skin it only once. I think once this owner realizes how badly you took him too school, he will have trouble dealing with you in the future. Or he's insane. This is a brutal trade. Just brutal.

I've offered McGahee, Jason Campbell and Ray Lewis for the #1 and a late pick.
This is probably the most accurate type of offer I've seen in this thread in terms of what type of offer I'd either make or accept for this year's number one pick. McGahee is really just as valueable as Bush. To sweeten the deal and make a man no longer want to hang onto #1, you offer an old linebacker and a mediocre prospect. If the owner is interested in moving Bush and has interest in McGahee, he should at least come back with a counter offer if not accept it outright.

I've offered McGahee, Jason Campbell and Ray Lewis for the #1 and a late pick.
This is probably the most accurate type of offer I've seen in this thread in terms of what type of offer I'd either make or accept for this year's number one pick. McGahee is really just as valueable as Bush. To sweeten the deal and make a man no longer want to hang onto #1, you offer an old linebacker and a mediocre prospect. If the owner is interested in moving Bush and has interest in McGahee, he should at least come back with a counter offer if not accept it outright.
Yeah, I thought so too, but the guy decided to take:McCown, Josh DET QB

Odom, Antwan TEN DE

for

Carr, David HOU QB

Chatman, Antonio CIN WR

Kassell, Brad TEN LB

Roman, Mark GBP S

In my keeper league where we kep one player per position, I have the 1.1 and with all the Bush hype, I think it's a lose/lose situation for me. I think Bush will be a really good NFL player, but I'm not sure what his value is this year, especially if Houston drafts him and keeps DD. The problem is that if I have a chance to draft him but don't, and he eventually becomes a stud, I will always be reminded that I had the cahnce to draft him. Same goes if i trade away the pick. And if I draft him and he's a bust, I will be told I reached. Then i'd have to keep him next year as well. I can't win. All will be told in a year or two. I really have no option but to roll the dice and draft him. With either Tiki or McGahee as my keeper this year, I have an interesting situation come draft time.

Users who are viewing this thread