What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

1 rb mandatory league? (1 Viewer)

ppierce

Footballguy
Just as the NFL has to reinvent itself all the time. Is it time for FF to do the same? I'm thinking a league format that is more indicative of the current times in the nfl would be start 1 rb, 3 wr's and a flex.

Anyone in that type of league?

My dynasty league is this way. It's interesting, but definitely devalues RB's. You can have a very strong team with one stud RB and a bunch of good WR's. It's fun, but I prefer 2 RB's mandatory.

I play in a few dynasty leagues with a setup of 1RB, 1WR, 1TE, and four flex spots. I prefer this over any other format, because you're able to build the team around your strengths.

In one league with 1 RB, 3 WR and 1 TE with flex RB-TE. I go TE each week as flex because extra pts per reception there. Have Forte backed up by Hillman in 16 teamer

In another league we have only to start 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE with 3 flex of any and I go with heavy WR and TE there also because of PPR and dynasty. I got Lamar Millar and Bilal Powell as my RB`s after losing Ballard for the season. Another 16 teamer

These formats really do devalue RB IMO. I like it but most want RB to still have fantasy relevance and I go RBBC here and load up at other positions instead.

I Commish an auction league (in it's 5th year) that starts 2QBs, 2 RBs, 2 WR, 2 TE, 2 K, 2 DEF and 3 Flex (RB, WR, TE), max of 3 RBs, 5 WR, and 4 TEs, 25 total players on roster. It's the most fun league I've ever run. Everyone has a blast.

Last edited by a moderator:
My league moved to 1RB, 2WR, 2 Flex this season. I was the only person drafting to target 1 stud RB, and heavy on WR while everyone else went for the traditional 2RB setup. After 4 weeks, it seems more owners are moving one of their RBs to gain depth at WR since there really aren't that many strong RBs available.

Overall, I'm loving the flexibility in rosters. The only issue I've noticed is the lack of trading. Owners have more flexibility with their rosters, so they aren't "in need" of players as often.

1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE, 3 flex RB/WR/TE max of 3 RBS total, RBs getting .5 PPR, everyone else gets 1 PPR. This is the way to go, IMO. Tons of roster flexibility from week to week.

4 of my leagues are

1-3 rbs

1-3 wrs

for a total of 4.

so you can have dez bryant, calvin johnson, pierre garcon, and gio bernard as your main back or something and still be cruising along

My redraft league, for 4 years now, has required starters of 1 QB; 1RB; 2 WR; 2 FLEX (RB/WR/TE), no mandatory TE. Our league realized years ago it's a passing league

My redraft league, for 4 years now, has required starters of 1 QB; 1RB; 2 WR; 2 FLEX (RB/WR/TE), no mandatory TE. Our league realized years ago it's a passing league

I don't think you should require more than one WR either. The more flexibility the better.

My dynasty league is setup this way, 1 qb, 1 mando RB, 1 rb/wr flex, 3 mando wr, 1 mando TE, 1 te/wr flex with te getting 1.5 ppr all others 1 ppr.

I have one league that is 1 RB, 2 WR's, 1 TE required with 3 flex spots (RB,WR,TE). Max of 3 RB's, 5 WR's, 4 TE's.

I love the flexibility. This allows me to always draft the best available players and not have to worry about having 2 stud RB's.

Leagues that require more than one RB overvalue RBs relative to their true worth. PPR is not necessary, and simply distorts things in other ways. Just require only one RB, and this solves the "problem" in a much more natural way. We see lots of one RB being run in the NFL anyway, so it matches.

Someone mentioned the biggest problem with 1 RB leagues (which normally utilize more flexes)....trades are harder because people have fewer holes

should start to see more leagues with 1 qb

and 7 flex spots (RB/WR/TE) 1 kicker and 1 defense

now that would be exciting

Users who are viewing this thread