What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

100 years ago- The Treaty of Versailles (1 Viewer)

timschochet

Footballguy
historical thread but it may be more appropriate to discuss here, since all the lessons are political. 

The most calamitous treaty in history? It paved  the way for the Great Depression, World War II, and also many of America’s errors post WWII, such as the Vietnam War and our insistence on a democracy in Iraq, among many others. 

When countries sue for peace, you can't bury them. Even if it was their fault. It all comes around. 

The U.S. implemented that lesson with Japan after WWII with a fair degree of success. 

historical thread but it may be more appropriate to discuss here, since all the lessons are political. 

The most calamitous treaty in history? It paved  the way for the Great Depression, World War II, and also many of America’s errors post WWII, such as the Vietnam War and our insistence on a democracy in Iraq, among many others. 
can anyone expand on this?

can anyone expand on this?
I doubt it because I don’t think it’s right. What I’ve found online about it is that it weakened the Germany economy so much that it led to a German Depression and eventually Hitler but I’m not seeing anything about the Great Depression. 

I doubt it because I don’t think it’s right. What I’ve found online about it is that it weakened the Germany economy so much that it led to a German Depression and eventually Hitler but I’m not seeing anything about the Great Depression. 
it was news to me

Users who are viewing this thread