What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

12 team SF, auction, $1000 cap (1 Viewer)

HippieJuice

Footballguy
Forum newbie here. Am I in the right place? I've been leagues over 20 years but doing my first auction and dynasty draft and looking for advice. I've synced our league and looked at the mock here, on Sleeper where the league is held, and as many similar live drafts and mocks as possible to be prepared. What I am finding is pretty large difference in values on the Draft Dominator vs real life and those mocks. The QB values are running $100 lower on DD, e.g. Josh Allen on DD is 211 but will go for $300 to $350 Hebert is 157 but will bring $about $200 more than that. Burrow is $139 but will break $250 J Taylor is 265 but will bust $400. On sleeper mocks the value doesn't catch up on players till around 30 or 40 players in.

So.... Should I wait and try to crush late and give up on the top players? What percent should I allocate for QB's? I have seen many experts stop at 10 or 11%. Some sites say you can budget 25%.

Everyone in the draft will be new to this and I guarantee will overpay early.

Suggested strategy? Older players are ranked much lower on sleeper should I try to go older later and try to win the first year? Brady and Rodgers for $100 or $150? Wait on RB's and try to crush after the dead zone with Pollard, Rhamondre, Walker, etc?

Any advice is welcome. Thanks

The QB values may be for 1 QB vs SF or 2QB? Just a thought. I think in general the auction values off any site are general values for you to use a starting point to some degree. You then need to figure out a range you are willing to go. Budgeting per position seems better than individual exact budgets. YOu also need to adjust on the fly as you said some guys may overbuy early skewing some of the values. It may make you increase your budgets for key players and save elsewhere. Auctions are more about adjusting on the fly than regular drafts.

I generally would recommend not worrying about overpaying by a few dollars for guys you want. I always kick myself at the end when I missed out on a guy or two by a dollar or two and then had move money than I need at the end. I would rather just get my guys. The key is figuring out which guys you are willing to do that on going in.

I've read the Stars and Scrubs vs balanced auction material. I know the league members and know they will pay up for these top players. Most will spend 30 to 50% of their budget on QB's. Others will spend 50% on RB's. Given the scarcity of RB and QB it's going to be a ****fest fighting for them. They will all go way over the DD value chart. It is set for dynasty and SF.

I might be able to accumulate 2nd / 3rd tier WR's like HIggins, Pittman and Williams. I might be able to add some vets cheaper like Keenan Allen and Michael Thomas. Then save money for the RB's I mentioned above. QB's will suck though and I could end up with Baker Mayfield types. I'll just have to hope the quantity of later RB's bust out.

Every time I look at that roster compared to people that just pay up I don't like it, lol

Users who are viewing this thread