What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

14-Team Dynasty - Who to take at #2? (1 Viewer)

Seisto

Footballguy
Hey y'all, thanks for taking a look here.

I have the #2 overall pick in a 14-team, 20-man roster dynasty league. I know #1 is oddly going for Najee Harris, and I've been dead set on Trevor Lawrence for over a year, knowing I was going to be the worst team in the league. I've obviously reconsidered in the past few months and now kicking the tires on Ja'Marr Chase and Kyle Pitts.

After a 13 year run with Drew Brees and two titles to show for it, I'm left with Baker Mayfield and Ryan Tannehill at QB - not good, not great. The rest of my roster is a mix of mostly under performers, lottery tickets, and flat out misses from the last few years.

My thoughts on Lawrence are that he's a generational talent that could live up to the hype. My thoughts on Pitts are that he's also a generational talent at an increasingly important position. My thoughts on Chase are that he's an immediate impact with all the upside in the world. I've just taken too many flyers over the years and want a guy to rebuild around.

Anyhoo, thoughts are appreciated with the draft coming this week. In addition to 1.02 I've also got 2.01 if that helps the QB consideration. Thanks ✌️

LEAGUE SETTINGS

14-team dynasty league

20-man rosters

9 starters [1 QB / 2 RB / 3 WR / 1 TE / 1 K / 1 DST]

6 pts all TDs / 6 pts passing TDs / .5 PPR

CURRENT ROSTER

[QB] Mayfield, Tannehill

[RB] D. Booker, D. Henderson, N. Hines, L. Murray

[WR] M. Evans, J. Crowder, J. Reagor, S. Shepard, Mike Williams

[TE] Engram

How does your league draft QB's in the rookie draft?  This is a good class and it is likely that you can get one of the top 3 at 2.01 for your need.  However, if you have Lawrence head and shoulders above the other guys then it may not matter.   If you have them all pretty close then I wait on QB if your league drafts typically let QB's get to that range of picks (2.01).

IMO the only goal of a rookie draft is to get players that hit.  I don't care so much about position need as much as getting  a fantasy starter for years to come.  I adhere to taking the guy I think has the best chance of hitting because of this philosophy regardless of position.  Basically if I take a lesser player at a position of need but he doesn't hit then it doesn't help me anyway.  Taking a player at a position of strength because he is better and he hits as expected then that gives me value that can be used either in my lineup or for trades to help where I am lacking.  

I think you are good at QB and don't need to force one because of need.  Take the guy you think is most likely to hit.  

Users who are viewing this thread