What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

16 League Federation. Is this Possible? (1 Viewer)

blark

Footballguy
My friend and I put together 16 ESPN.com leagues (16-team, redraft), all functioning under the same rules and scoring procedures.

It's called the Fantasy Championship Series (FCS), and our website is www.fcseries.com.

Here is the basic setup:

- Prize breakdown for each league: 1st = $250 | 2nd = $100 | 3rd = $50

- First place winner in each of the 16 leagues gets free entry in a 2009 Champions League with a much higher prize breakdown: 1st = $2,500 | 2nd = $1,000 | 3rd = $500

- Entry Fee is $50, but entrants get a $5 refund for each and every referral to FCS that is made.

We've been registering our friends so far, and getting great interest, but I wanted to hear from more experienced players.

Is this league set-up appealing to you from a fantasy standpoint? Would this be something you would want to join?

Check out our website: Fantasy Championship Series - www.fcseries.com ...and please post you feedback. Thanks!

I like the concept, but IMO, only having 8 starters leaves it up more to luck than skill in drafting.

Also, why couldn't you enter the bigger tournament in now instead of waiting until next year?

I like the concept, but IMO, only having 8 starters leaves it up more to luck than skill in drafting. Also, why couldn't you enter the bigger tournament in now instead of waiting until next year?
Thanks alot for the feedback!The leagues are 16-team each. For standard rules that 16 other leagues would follow, you don't think that QB, RB, RB/WR, WR, WR, TE, D/ST will take skill? I don't know if you could add any other positions without getting to the very bottom of the league's talent. Plus the starting lineups aligned closely with ESPN.com's default settings, which seem to be a widely accepted standard.With the Champions League, we are trying to truly give it the honor of being a league of winners fighting to see who is actually the best. Therefore they would have to compete against each other in the same season long format. Once the winners are determined for the Champions league, the 2008 season is unfortunately over. Competitors in the 2009 Champions League still compete in their regular league as well in '09. So they are fighting to win the Champions league and also fighting for the right to return to the Champions League the next season. Does that make sense?

Considering that the payout is 81% if I do the math right, I'd give the Champions a free $50 entry for next year as well to the lower leagues.

Considering that the payout is 81% if I do the math right, I'd give the Champions a free $50 entry for next year as well to the lower leagues.
Thanks for the feedback Jeff. The Champions from each league will receive free admission to the Champions League as well as free admission to their respective lower leagues.

Users who are viewing this thread