What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

16 Team league looking to try new ideas. (1 Viewer)

Archiebonker

Footballguy
I run a 16 team league for 14 years now and I'm looking for change. 

1. Has anyone thought about playing a Offensive Line as a starting position?  I would love to have members pick a Team Defence and a Team Offence (as in Offensive Line).  But I need a point system and ideas from others. 

2. We have alot of interest in our 14 year 16 team league. But we can't expand.  I had a few members give me some insight on Parallel Leagues.  Like two leagues, that play against each other but use the same players (two drafts).  Just like some ideas. 

Thanks 

I run a 16 team league for 14 years now and I'm looking for change. 

1. Has anyone thought about playing a Offensive Line as a starting position?  I would love to have members pick a Team Defence and a Team Offence (as in Offensive Line).  But I need a point system and ideas from others. 

2. We have alot of interest in our 14 year 16 team league. But we can't expand.  I had a few members give me some insight on Parallel Leagues.  Like two leagues, that play against each other but use the same players (two drafts).  Just like some ideas. 

Thanks 
We've been doing a 18 team 2 conference league since 2009 and it's quite fun. Each conference has 9 teams and 3 divisions each. The schedule has 2 out of conference match ups and at the end of the year the best team from each conference plays each other. It's a  super flex league with intriguing scoring which makes Draft day a lot of fun as there are a lot of strategies being used.

Oh ya?  Be great to hear more about it.  I was looking into a two 10 or 2 12 team league.  Actually I could figure out a 10 and 10 schedule where everyone plays conference 2X and other conference 1X  with a 14 week regular season. But It's still just a pipe dream. I need to do some more homework. 

Thanks for contacting me. 

Oh ya?  Be great to hear more about it.  I was looking into a two 10 or 2 12 team league.  Actually I could figure out a 10 and 10 schedule where everyone plays conference 2X and other conference 1X  with a 14 week regular season. But It's still just a pipe dream. I need to do some more homework. 

Thanks for contacting me. 
League site

Under the GM tab there are links with league scoring and by laws. 

Hope that gives you some ideas. Good luck to you. 

Archiebonker said:
Love your Champions Page.... I would love to have that on ours. Who did you get to build yours? Looks very similar to what we have. And that draft board is great. That would be neat to have to see how people drafted. Looks great. Here's ours http://www61.myfantasyleague.com/2018/home/18383#0
Hi bud, 

I just created a generic template and add the helmet every year for the championship rafter. Also just created an html table for the Draft board that I just update every year. I could send them to you if you're interested? It takes about 30 minutes or less to do a Draft board. 

That would be awesome. Really liked what you did. I really like the history aspect of things too. Used to have the champs banners on the front page, but it got crowded. So that last two season I haven't had any. But man, love the whole separate page with all the winners. 

So how did you guys do your draft? Did you have two separate drafts for each Conference?  So there's double the players? 

I even looked up a league with two 10 team leagues.  And figured out a schedule to have all teams play against each other and two games against each conference team. 

IDP.

unless it’s already IDP. 

Balance scoring so defensive players score on par with offensive players. Score everything, including  KR/PR (we do .3/1 for those so roughly 1 point every 10 return yards) 

but especially in 12+ team leagues it offers more ways to win. And creates offensive value for all the marginal WRs who return kicks/punts. Suddenly those dudes are WR4/flex worthy. 

It also helps because a team can be mid-range on offense but stacked on D & still compete b/c it gives teams more ways to win. 

IDP all the way. Changes everything. Makes watching the games way more fun. 

I’ve never felt the same level of excitement from a TD as I have from watching my dude get a sack, forced fumble, DFR, DTD on a 50+ yard play for that 50+ bonus point.

the only time that came close was when i had Clinton Portia and he threw a TD pass to my WR3 Coles. That was up there. Good times. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread