What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

20+ MLB players to be suspended? Braun, A-Rod? (1 Viewer)

100 game suspension looming. Does this have legs?
Players appealed positive blood tests. The MLBPA will fight suspensions based on this more dubious evidence.

I'll go out on limb to predict they'll negotiate some settlement with lesser suspensions to be served at the beginning of the 2014 season.

Players appealed positive blood tests. The MLBPA will fight suspensions based on this more dubious evidence. I'll go out on limb to predict they'll negotiate some settlement with lesser suspensions to be served at the beginning of the 2014 season.
I doubt it. I think MLB is committed to getting this cleaned up, which is why the OTC story is already out. They don't want to suspend the guys; they want to shame them and make them "cheats" for as long as they are in the public eye. They want the penalty to be so severe on so many levels that other players will really start to think about whether it makes sense to cheat.

Players appealed positive blood tests. The MLBPA will fight suspensions based on this more dubious evidence.

I'll go out on limb to predict they'll negotiate some settlement with lesser suspensions to be served at the beginning of the 2014 season.
:goodposting:

Decent chance they don't serve any suspension. And what are they going to do to Colon/Cabrera...suspend them again for buying the stuff they tested positive for last year?

Bud Selig is an idiot.

Not at all saying you're wrong on the bolded, as I could definitely see it happening as well.

Selig caving at all on this should serve as the dagger to get him the heck out as commissioner of baseball.

Players appealed positive blood tests. The MLBPA will fight suspensions based on this more dubious evidence. I'll go out on limb to predict they'll negotiate some settlement with lesser suspensions to be served at the beginning of the 2014 season.
I doubt it. I think MLB is committed to getting this cleaned up, which is why the OTC story is already out. They don't want to suspend the guys; they want to shame them and make them "cheats" for as long as they are in the public eye. They want the penalty to be so severe on so many levels that other players will really start to think about whether it makes sense to cheat.
Without a link to provide, I speculate that the penalties for cheating do not even come close to the potential payoff in MLB. If I am coming up on FA 2-3 years from now, I am absolutely playing the odds of not getting caught and getting a 9 digit contract vs. a 50 game suspension for first offenders. The penalties are not nearly stiff enough, or these guys wouldn't do steroids et. al. banned substances.

Great job, Bud. Way to get the talk back to Steroids PEDs instead of the surplus of great young talent in the game. Release this on the same day ESPN does its huge fantasy draft highlighting that young talent. What a freaking idiot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Voiding contracts just gives the teams (and therefore MLB) further incentive to continue to turn a blind eye to PEDs.

Arguably voiding contracts also leads to higher FA contracts, because only the player and not the team suffers the suspension/ban. Higher FA contracts further incentivizes both PEDs and doing whatever it takes not to get caught.

I think for punishments to have any real meaning the teams have to suffer too.

And LOL at the ESPN BREAKING NEWS headline. They been trying to ban them for months over this.

Not sure how you suspend on the testimony of a perp trying to save his own skin with the feds. The MLB players association will have a field day with this.

Not sure how you suspend on the testimony of a perp trying to save his own skin with the feds. The MLB players association will have a field day with this.
This is what MLB does. That's how the Mitchell Report came about with Brian McNamee's' testimony. We all know that resulted in no suspensions.

Even in the story he is doing this to get a benefit. The Attorneys are going to have a field day with this.

Walks like a duck...

He's a cheater. I don't particularly care - my favorite player is Barry bonds. But let's not pretend this is on the up and up.

MLB is dirty. So is the NFL, professional cycling, the Olympics, etc. Time to accept that fact and enjoy the spectacle. Where's all the outrage over Bruce Irvin testing positive?

MLB is dirty. So is the NFL, professional cycling, the Olympics, etc. Time to accept that fact and enjoy the spectacle. Where's all the outrage over Bruce Irvin testing positive?
I was outraged. Instead of 8 Busch Lights, I had like 9 or 10 when I heard that. In an angry drinker too.

Let Pete Rose into the HOF
Open daily, year-round, closed only Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Day.9 a.m. until 5 p.m.Summer hours, 9 a.m. until 9 p.m. (Memorial Day Weekend through the day before Labor Day)

Adults: $19.50Seniors (65 and older): $12.00Children (7-12): $7.00AAA Member: Adults $17.50, Seniors $10.75, Children $6.25

ETA: I'm not giving the NBA a pass here either. I think their testing program is a joke.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread