What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

20 Republicans who sold out to China /Red Handed book (1 Viewer)

pinkham13

Footballguy
I know some of you won’t like that the source is Breitbart but….https://www.breitbart.com

I knew a lot of Democrats were communist sell outs in Congress but it’s not just left wingers. It’s a bi-partisan gutting of our country.

I voted for Trump to drain the swamp. I also voted for Obama for hope and change after the commie connected Bush disaster. Doesn’t seem to matter too much who I vote for though. This is why they keep stirring the racism pot etc. Anything to keep us from seeing what traitors in Congress have been doing collectively.

Last edited by a moderator:
Beyond the Breitbart source this is based on a book by a guy who, IIRC, previously wrote a book about Hillary Clinton which turned out to be filled with falsehoods. 

But putting that aside: America has a LOT of business dealings with China. They are vital to our economy. Many of our politicians in both parties have over the years promoted these investments and some are personally involved. This trade is good for the entire country. Apparently this is what you guys think is “selling out” to China? 

This is a non-story. 

Beyond the Breitbart source this is based on a book by a guy who, IIRC, previously wrote a book about Hillary Clinton which turned out to be filled with falsehoods. 

But putting that aside: America has a LOT of business dealings with China. They are vital to our economy. Many of our politicians in both parties have over the years promoted these investments and some are personally involved. This trade is good for the entire country. Apparently this is what you guys think is “selling out” to China? 

This is a non-story. 
There were very small inaccurate passages in the Clinton cash book. If you think the Clintons are worth defending then we can just stop the conversation. I’m pretty sure you would be in the minority by a landslide backing that disaster. Shaking hands with the devil/communist regimes isn’t good for America. Defending China is like backing Hitler. Brutal dictatorship’s breed evil. 

There were very small inaccurate passages in the Clinton cash book. If you think the Clintons are worth defending then we can just stop the conversation. I’m pretty sure you would be in the minority by a landslide backing that disaster. Shaking hands with the devil/communist regimes isn’t good for America. Defending China is like backing Hitler. Brutal dictatorship’s breed evil. 
Are you suggesting we shut off all trade with China? 

Are you suggesting we shut off all trade with China? 
The whole world should. But more so I want the communists in Congress to face the consequences of selling our nations jobs to child slave operations in China. I want those who sold military technology and used their political seats as profit centers to be held accountable. 

The whole world should. But more so I want the communists in Congress to face the consequences of selling our nations jobs to child slave operations in China. I want those who sold military technology and used their political seats as profit centers to be held accountable. 
There are no Communists in Congress (there are very few Communists left in China either but that’s a different subject.) 

If you believe somebody did something illegal in Congress make a specific accusation, show your evidence, and we’ll go from there. Having investments with China doesn’t make one a Communist or a traitor or a criminal, whatever you think. 

This is a non-story. 
I think the problems are the political contacts and how they "capture" elite politicians.

You deal with business.   That's fine.   It's trade.    But our politicians should not be taking bribes.    Example mitch mcconnell

I think the problems are the political contacts and how they "capture" elite politicians.

You deal with business.   That's fine.   It's trade.    But our politicians should not be taking bribes.    Example mitch mcconnell
If you have proof that McConnell took a bribe you should present it to the media. Guarantee they will report it if it’s genuine. 

We need to crack down and go after these evil corporations doing business with China!  Just leave the ones in the Nas 100, S&P 500 and any other index ETFs I'm in alone please.  Now lets go get 'em!

How are those cheap computer chips working out on those cargo ships right now?
Are you suggesting that we cut off trade? Or that we seek out computer chips that will be more effective? 
Because I’m all for the second answer. Let the market decide. 

Let’s start with weaning off of trade.  Do you think they should make our masks in a pandemic?  How about our drugs?
The US already has one of the most closed economies in the world measured by imports as a percentage of GDP. I'd say we should be expanding trade rather than weaning off of it.

If you want the government to subsidize certain manufacturing domestically, that is a bit of a different argument.

Are you suggesting that we cut off trade? Or that we seek out computer chips that will be more effective? 
Because I’m all for the second answer. Let the market decide. 
I’m suggesting we become less reliant on them.  We have lots full of cars in Detroit that need chips, yet there is a bottleneck in the supply chain.  

I’m suggesting we become less reliant on them.  We have lots full of cars in Detroit that need chips, yet there is a bottleneck in the supply chain.  
The way to become less reliant on Chinese trade was TPP, but extremists on both sides of the aisle killed it. Stupidly IMO. 

The way to become less reliant on Chinese trade was TPP, but extremists on both sides of the aisle killed it. Stupidly IMO. 
You know who else supported free trade? Karl Marx, because it destroys nations and national identities. He said as much in an 1848 speech https://thenewamerican.com/communist-dictatorship-urges-u-s-to-join-tpp-trade-regime/ 

TPP was NAFTA on steroids and just continues the wrecking of our country. Makes sense that our President Obama, a known Marxist, was pushing it so hard. John Kerry wanted Russia and China to join as well. Not sure why you support the March towards one world government and the Marxist/communist controlled  TPP. 

You know who else supported free trade? Karl Marx, because it destroys nations and national identities. He said as much in an 1848 speech https://thenewamerican.com/communist-dictatorship-urges-u-s-to-join-tpp-trade-regime/ 

TPP was NAFTA on steroids and just continues the wrecking of our country. Makes sense that our President Obama, a known Marxist, was pushing it so hard. John Kerry wanted Russia and China to join as well. Not sure why you support the March towards one world government and the Marxist/communist controlled  TPP. 
If Karl Marx supported free trade (which I am frankly skeptical about) then it would have been one of the few things he was ever right about. 

I wonder if you truly understand Marxism and capitalism, no offense. Free trade is central to capitalism and the opposite of Marxism. 

I am a free trader through and through, but the civilized world has to find a way to punish the CCP for unleashing a plague that has killed millions.

timschochet said:
If Karl Marx supported free trade (which I am frankly skeptical about) then it would have been one of the few things he was ever right about. 

I wonder if you truly understand Marxism and capitalism, no offense. Free trade is central to capitalism and the opposite of Marxism. 
You obviously don’t know what you are talking about. Marx was a free trade globalist because he saw global communism as the future. If you read anything about him you would know this and not be skeptical. https://academic.oup.com/cpe/article-abstract/28/1/35/494663?login=false

Users who are viewing this thread