What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2004 NFL QB Draft- Manning, Rivers, Roethlisberger (1 Viewer)

Knowing things now, what would your order have been for qbs in the 2004 NFL draft?

• Manning, Rivers, Roethlisberger (actual draft order)

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Manning, Roethlisberger, Rivers

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Rivers, Manning, Roethlisberger

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Rivers, Roethlisberger, Manning

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Roethlisberger, Rivers, Manning

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Roethlisberger, Manning, Rivers

Votes: 10 32.3%

• Total voters
Yeah, like with the running game and defense.
Like being able to handle a pass rush every snap when you are the Steeler QB. Rivers? Rivers? gtfooh with Rivers. You wanna tout Brady and Peyton? Im all for it. Knock your socks off. (Might be another thread though)
The Steelers o-line is garbage in pass blocking and they better hope Pouncey is ready in 2 weeks. That is the weakest unit on the Steeler team and one where Big Ben's mobility is exceptional.
Funny enough, Rodgers and the Pack have a similar situation.

It's an inspiring story. How one QB overcame playing alongside the league's best defense and a running back restricted to just 121 yards to lead his team to glory.
You guys keep repeating this over and over and you have ever since Roethilisberger was a rookie. All I can tell you is that Steeler fans watched plenty of guys named O'Donnell, Stewart, Tomszack and Maddox in extremely similar situations fail to get the job done.

It's an inspiring story. How one QB overcame playing alongside the league's best defense and a running back restricted to just 121 yards to lead his team to glory.
You guys keep repeating this over and over and you have ever since Roethilisberger was a rookie. All I can tell you is that Steeler fans watched plenty of guys named O'Donnell, Stewart, Tomszack and Maddox in extremely similar situations fail to get the job done.
OK, so he's better than O'Donnell, Stewart, Tomczak, and Maddox. I doubt anyone here disagrees with that. That doesn't bear on whether or not he is better than Rivers or Eli, though, which is the subject of this thread.

OK, so he's better than O'Donnell, Stewart, Tomczak, and Maddox. I doubt anyone here disagrees with that. That doesn't bear on whether or not he is better than Rivers or Eli, though, which is the subject of this thread.
I have no problem if others would rather have Rivers and Eli over Roethlisberger. You are welcome to them, I am glad the way things worked out.

Just Win Baby said:
timschochet said:
Truman said:
OK, so he's better than O'Donnell, Stewart, Tomczak, and Maddox.
:thumbup:

Manning, Roethlisberger, RiversI can also see a case for Roethlisberger, Manning, Rivers
Timely bumpEli : 58.4%, 27579 yards, 185/129, 7.0 Y/A, 6.5 AY/A 2PBBen : 63.1%, 26579 yards, 165/100, 8.0 Y/A, 7.7 AY/A 2PBPhil: 63.5%, 25285 yards, 163/078, 8.0 Y/A, 7.9 AY/A 4PBGood question, but I think Eli has drawn much closer to Ben/Rivers, where most had him running third before the 2012 season.I was surprised to see that both Ben and Rivers beat Eli by a full yard in Y/A, but Eli's first 5 years hamper his Y/A status.

Philip's teams consistently fall short of expectations.

Eli is clearly the 3rd-best QB of the '04 draft.

All Ben does is win... any way he has to.
:lol: Every time I bump this thread, I change my mind from the last time I posted. The truth is, sitting here right now, I have NO idea what order to put these three in. It's crazy. You could flip a coin a couple of times to determine the order 1 thru 3, and it would be just as accurate as breaking them down scientifically.

What I am pretty sure of is that all three of them will be wearing that ugly yellow blazer. Pretty impressive for one draft class.

Philip's teams consistently fall short of expectations.

Eli is clearly the 3rd-best QB of the '04 draft.

All Ben does is win... any way he has to.
:lol: Every time I bump this thread, I change my mind from the last time I posted. The truth is, sitting here right now, I have NO idea what order to put these three in. It's crazy. You could flip a coin a couple of times to determine the order 1 thru 3, and it would be just as accurate as breaking them down scientifically.

What I am pretty sure of is that all three of them will be wearing that ugly yellow blazer. Pretty impressive for one draft class.
Change your mind on this?

Philip's teams consistently fall short of expectations. Eli is clearly the 3rd-best QB of the '04 draft. All Ben does is win... any way he has to.
And that "way" usually involves riding on the back of the #1 defense in the league.

Since Pitt's defense has turned to average - not even particularly bad, just average - the Steelers have been pretty much a non factor. One playoff trip in three years and zero trips beyond the wildcard round.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd go Ben Rivers Eli.

Eli's legacy is an 8 game playoff stretch where his D allowed 111 total points. Or just below 14 ppg. We're not talking carrying his team on his back. He's 0-3 when his team allows more than 20 points (they've never allowed more than 23). I know we don't remember that now and we sure as he'll wont when his career is done. But is there any reason other than those 8 playoff games that he's in the same class as Ben or Rivers?

I'd go Ben Rivers Eli.

Eli's legacy is an 8 game playoff stretch where his D allowed 111 total points. Or just below 14 ppg. We're not talking carrying his team on his back. He's 0-3 when his team allows more than 20 points (they've never allowed more than 23). I know we don't remember that now and we sure as he'll wont when his career is done. But is there any reason other than those 8 playoff games that he's in the same class as Ben or Rivers?
I agree with most of this. In 2011 or which ever year they won their second Super Bowl. Eli carried that team through the regular season. They probably win 4 games without him that year.

I'd go Ben Rivers Eli.

It's not like Roethlisberger is really different. He's 2-5 when the D gives up 20 net points*, and he wasn't even particularly good in those two wins (430yds, 2 TDs combined).

*Net points used because there was another game where the D gave up 23 points, but also scored a defensive touchdown = 16 net points.

Roethisberger has essentially played a full season of playoff games (15 games) and put up 3400 yards with 21 TD and 19 INT. Not exactly the playoff messiah he's cracked up to be. His playoff QB rating is worse than Rodgers, Brees, Kaepernick, Wilson, Sanchez, Romo, Eli, Flacco, Peyton, Brady, Rivers, Ryan, and Hasselbeck among active QBs.

And as was pointed out, his team has been pretty much a non-factor any season where they didn't have the best defense in the league.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread